It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young boys in Gettysburg photograph, Time traveler? Project Pegasus member?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
From far it looks like a kid in a denim jacket and sneakers but if you zoom in on the picture you can see that he's dressed like everyone else and he even seems to be wearing a hat like the other men...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwannaseethisshipgodown
reply to post by ldyserenity

How do you know there's no life on mars, what makes you so sure?

I believe there is life on Mars.

Very cool that Lincoln is in the photo.
I would love to believe the time travel story but IDK?

[edit on 24-3-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So this is the new ATS trend now huh?

We've had all the GFL and mass ufo invasions in 08..... last year it was all the random soldiers in youtube vids telling us that cities were gonna be targeted and destroyed and all sorts of other crap...

And now THIS????

People just posting random pictures and telling us that someone in these pictures is a time traveller??

I mean come on guys..

This is pathetic.

[edit on 24/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It wasn't a statement it was a question.

How about you put up (a better thread) or shut up (your mouth...fingers)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

It wasn't a statement it was a question.

How about you put up (a better thread) or shut up (your mouth...fingers)

Sorry.... what was a question... just read through your op and don't see a question?

Why would i need to start a thread?

In fact, i could just take any old, late 19th, early 20th century pic and just say that some person in it is a time-traveller..

But then.... that would be pointless right.... oh, wrong person to ask i guess :shk:

And I'm free to voice my opinions on any thread I like.

So thanks for the suggestion, but with threads like this, i suggest perhaps you do the shutting up

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

the question was in the title:

Time traveler? Project Pegasus member?

but you're to busy to read a stupid title. of course.

mind your glass house madam...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Now Now, no need to be nasty Joey, I suspect the photo changed just like a developing polaroid right? I had word on the clacks that theres been a buildup of thurmatic particals leaking from the Unseen University, Those Student wizards never leave things alone, Anyway its causing, a sort of a rift between dimensions, like a the hole a worm leaves in your apple, and reality is leaking between the DiscWorld ©, and ours.
So they are sending Rincewind through to see whats up, he's apparently rather reluctant, but I expect you'll be meeting him sooner or later.
P.S The librarian says 'Ook"!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

I have yet to see a post from you that is worth a damm, i may as well put you on ignore, goodbye.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I have yet to see a post from you that is worth a damm, i may as well put you on ignore, goodbye.

Yet? Damn, I will have to try harder. If at first you dont succeed.....
Let me know if you find one you like, Ill get it put on a T-shirt!

Thankyou Joey, Good work!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

We could all say the same thing about you mate, because this thread is pointless IMO. It's just an old, slow exposure photo of normal kids. The pic isn't even good enough quality to determine their faces. For all I can tell, they may not even be human!

BTW Wayaboveitall, the last time anyone saw Rincewind, he was attempting to run away, when a thaumatic surge zapped him into the Dungeon Dimension. All that was left was a pointy hat with WIZZARD emblazened across it in sequins, of course, there was the obligatory smoke rising from the tip. Ponder Stibbons is currently working with Hex to try to get him back, but all he gets back is "+++????+++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo from Start".

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
LMAO!!!
...And so On!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

The image in question looks as if the boy is wearing button fly pants and a sack coat, both from the 1860's. It is not surprising that these look "modern", as they aren't too far removed from current styles, that and the figure is both blurred and darkened.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Beamish]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

the question was in the title:

Time traveler? Project Pegasus member?

but you're to busy to read a stupid title. of course.

mind your glass house madam...

What..... just putting a question mark after a word does not instantly turn it into a question.

I read the title and I read your initial post too and as I said, I do NOT see a question.

Baked beans?

My hair?

Neither of those two above are questions.

Your title of "young boys in gettysburg photograph, time traveler? Project Pegasus member?

Is not a question, or if it is... It's a very poorly worded and posed question.
If it's "young boys", it would be Time Travellers or Project Pegasus Members

Notice the S after both words, that denotes that it is plural...

If you're trying to get one up or call me out, at least have some kind of reasoning or rationale behind it.

Your thread is a joke.

[edit on 25/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

If you're trying to get one up or call me out, at least have some kind of reasoning or rationale behind it.

Oh be fair mate, that's asking a bit much isn't it? Using rational and reasoning? I've never heard anything so preposterous!
[/sarcasm]

My face? Sweaty Socks?...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The answers to your question are as followed:
No and No.

That's my opinion, those are my answers so now watch me disappear like John Titor. Pooooooooof!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

You're probably right mate

Frozen fish?

Autumn leaves?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i honestly can't see what i'm supposed to be noticing in this picture. the boy standing on his own in the centre left?

Modern clothes? demin jacket? sneakers? I can't see any of those things, he looks like he's wearing a hat, jacket, trousers, (leather?) shoes that are similar to what the other kids are wearing. The boy with his back to us looks like he's wearing the same shoes and they don't look anything like sneakers.

I'd like to time travel and get the 10mins of my life back that I wasted reading this thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The reason one of the boys has lighter colored foot coverings may be due to the fact that poor people will often swaddle their feet when they cannot afford proper shoes. He may have wrapped his poor little feet in discarded sailcloth or old newspapers. I saw absolutely nothing unusual in the photograph. At least the event was momentous enough to justify a time-traveler checking it out... unlike the opening of a dam in Canada in 1940, when there were much more interesting things going on in Asia and Europe.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I zoomed in on the boy in the picture. His shoes look to be of the time period. However, given the height of people of the day for men (5' 2 to 4"), the boy would be to tall for the time period.

His coat seems from the time period but his pants and shirt do not. The pants should be high on the waist and the shirt a solid color. The shirt is dark on the top half and white on the bottom half, not the style for that day. His socks are white but I don't know what color socks were of that day, or if they wore socks back then.

He looks out of place, like he doesn't belong there at all. If he were a drummer, he would be prepping with the troops, not walking around. Drummers not on duty were punished badly for dereliction and so I don't think he would be away from the troops.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by joey_hv

It does look like he was wearing tennis shoes

Yes and isnt that an AK-47 straped over his shoulder? Just saying.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join