It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young boys in Gettysburg photograph, Time traveler? Project Pegasus member?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
here is another link to the same picture but from Penn State.
www.personal.psu.edu...

[edit on 23-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The clothing and the hair styles sure do look modern.
Looks like they are wearing jeans and that one kid kooks like he is wearing oversized boots and a black t-shirt.

AC/DC perhaps?

Maybe that's Bill and Ted, the early years?

..btw, the original link works if you add jpg to the end.

h t t p://www.departments.bucknell.edu/History/Carnegie/lincoln/gettysburg.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They did have young boys serve in the military waving flags or using snare drums. Some even fought in the battles.

There is nothing to suggest they are modern boys, but it is not unusual for them to be in a battle at that time.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think it's a fake. I have never seen a civil war photo look so clean. Who was the civil war photographer Matthew Brady? None of his pictures were nearly as clear and defined as this.

Matthew Brady Civil War Photo 1

Matthew Brady Civil War Photo 2

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Its bound to be legit, Must be Alberts Kid brother Aurthur!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d369be5a3f3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Definately A legitamit photo But no time travellers, Still. The kids APPARENT hair cut looks modern, He MIGHT be wearing jeans, MIGHT be wearing sneakers, and MIGHT have an ipod and a cell phone in his pocket,
and a digital watch,......BUT........I dont think so.

Its an old photo, long exposure, (blurred) developed by hand most likely, so it dosent quite cut it as a chronological anomalie, but its better than Alberts Debue!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

You know what? I didnt even study the pic in detail. I shouldnt have commented without thoroughly looking at it. It does seem to be an older pic and so u could very well be correct. My bad.

Kim

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This photo looks like a normal picture from Gettysburg and nothing more... A thread yesterday was made about some time traveling guy in another photo, which I admit the guy in the picture looked a bit out of place but after looking at the picture you could tell he was no time traveler.

But this picture literally has nothing in it that looks like a time traveler... Maybe I should go on google and type in random stuff and post pictures in threads claiming them to have proof of time travelers in them, because as I said in the other 'time traveler photo' thread, the power of suggestion is just that - powerful! But common! There's not even one thing out of the ordinary in this picture whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The clothing and the hair styles sure do look modern.
Looks like they are wearing jeans and that one kid kooks like he is wearing oversized boots and a black t-shirt.

AC/DC perhaps?

Maybe that's Bill and Ted, the early years?

..btw, the original link works if you add jpg to the end.

h t t p://www.departments.bucknell.edu/History/Carnegie/lincoln/gettysburg.

Thanks Alex, I fixed the link.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i can't find where Andrew D. Basiago claims that he is that child from the link that you gave us.....but I will say that the Coast to Coast broadcast is absolutely fascinating.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not saying I believe this is real or not, but is there anybody who can clear the image up a little so we can get a better idea of the clothes and compare it to other pictures.

It's not at all out of the realm of possibility that Basiago saw this picture, then made his claim.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Would it be really out of question to ask that people who keep posting pics like this claiming to see time travelers do a little bit of work in making their case? Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me any more than it did in the thread from yesterday. The only real argument being made so far is 'look! No really LOOK! GRRRRRRR Look some more!!!!!'

I love the idea and the topic but this just posting old pics and saying it looks strange is really not doing it.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't think it's a drummer or a flag carrier. I do think it's the son of that probable reporter standing there talking to the officer. Probably more well-off than most at the time.

Edit to add: After another look I'm not even sure if that's an officer. They may all be reporters or some other civilians.

Peace

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffiriff

hey i heard him talk about it but can't remember what interview it was. might be this one: www.youtube.com...
i would find it for you but i'm to tied right now.

what i rememeber him saying was that. when they sent him back (on project pegasus) they dressed him in an uniform from that period. but he said when he went through the portal he lost his shoes and jacket. he was walking around barefoot and some kind person gave him some shoes that were to big and a coat that was to big.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Would it be really out of question to ask that people who keep posting pics like this claiming to see time travelers do a little bit of work in making their case? Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me any more than it did in the thread from yesterday. The only real argument being made so far is 'look! No really LOOK! GRRRRRRR Look some more!!!!!'

I love the idea and the topic but this just posting old pics and saying it looks strange is really not doing it.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

How about YOU get off your rump and do some research all by your little self instead of waiting to be spoonfed information like a little baby bird...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

How about YOU get off your rump and do some research all by your little self instead of waiting to be spoonfed information like a little baby bird...

That really makes no sense. I am not the one posting pictures and then making crazy claims about them. You got the pic, you supplied the claim, you should back it up. Why should I have to go research your crazy claim instead of you making at least some attempt at making your own case to begin with?

I never asked to be spoon fed anything and I have no clue what you want me to research. Time travel? No mention of this photo so far. How about since you brought it, you provide the facts to go with it?

When I make some crazy claim, you will certainly be welcome to come ask me to prove it. Until then, the burden falls on you. Thanks for taking something interesting and turning it into what you hope would be a pissing contest but no thanks.

If you not only cannot back up a simple claim or provide some facts but get mad when someone asks that you do, then I doubt you have anything to offer aside from "grrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

really really interesting stuff, regardless of whether it BS or not, its cool to listen to. Kind of like a book on tape. He is a writer so I can see that...either that or he is completely delusional. Dude said he actually went to Mars so.....

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
At first the kid looked a bit out of place, but after a more thorough look, I think we are just being misled by the quality of the picture. If you look closely he's definitely wearing a Union soldier's hat. The rest of his clothes also look like they are a soldier's uniform, albeit from the size on him, they were most likely taken off someone who was already dead, which was common practice. There is certainly nothing about him that is out of place.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

How about YOU get off your rump and do some research all by your little self instead of waiting to be spoonfed information like a little baby bird..

Sorry Joey, the onus is on you mate.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by Deaf Alien

the modern looking boy in the middle wearing modern looking clothes and looking out of time/place.

You have to be kidding me, am I going to have to put you on my naughty list! these threads are completely farcical, give us something we can get our teeth in to. Come on pull your socks up!

BTW I have alot of respect for your avatar very swift indeed

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

So how does this time travel thing work I can't remember. Let's say Basiago went back in time from 1972 to 1863 and he is the young man in the photo. Would that mean that between 1863 and 1972 there was no young man in this photo?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join