It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Rising In Israel (Following Thread)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Peace or war? I see just alarming news coming up daily...

For weeks now I have kept my focus on Israel. As usual, MSM is ignoring yesterdays events and is giving only separated news from events... Without any background or contexts. Tensions are running high all over Israel - and its really no surprise, when we take look in what has happened there in just last week:

- Heritage crisis fueled up tensions amongst Palestinians
- Sealing West Bank and many Palestinian crossings was followed
- Opening synagogue in Jerusalem escalated situation further
- New settlements announced with 1600 + 300 new housing units was made
- Following Thai mans death, because of Qassam strike - Gaza was bombed which left 12 injured...

New Qassams hits ground every day, and now we are in situation, that four Palestinians has been shot death in just 24 last hours - There are even new provocations possible!

Nablus: 4 dead in 24 hours

www.maannews.net...

State: Passover Sacrifice a Dangerous Provocation of Muslims

www.israelnationalnews.com...

EU-UN members are visiting now Palestinians, but will that really help Palestinians, or just their enemies in their secret goals? - Which seems to be, at least in my eyes - is fueling Palestinians to new Intifada, which will then give great excuse to blame loudly Israels national enemies from it: Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

This thread is dedicated to latest news and reports, and also your opinions from recent overheating situation in Israel.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It definitely feels like we are on the brink of a new conflict. Only this time if things get bad Hezbollah have said they WILL attack Israel in retaliation. It will interesting to see how bad things get but everyday there is unfortunately more bad news.

Edit - like i have said before we really need a thread dedicated to updates on this situation which we can add to over time. Janus maybe you should rename this thread to something like that?

[edit on 21-3-2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Yes - I am tired also to post news links and updates to several threads, because it seems that everything there is related now.

Thanks from you post in other thread - I will post news link about it here:

Palestinians fire at IDF troops near Mount Hebron

Palestinians opened fire at an IDF force near the settlement of Negohot near Mount Hebron. No injuries or damage were reported.

IDF troops are scanning the area in order to establish whether they were being ambushed. (Shmulik Grossman)

www.ynetnews.com...

And another...

Israeli vehicle stoned near Qalqilya; no injuries

www.ynetnews.com...

I will think about new name for this thread - because following thread was my idea too.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Time for the popcorn..... let's see where Israel's "God" is now

The Zionists have asked for this and they will recieve in kind, they should allow the normal jews to leave when the conflict begins but that won't happen. The civilians will be human shields.

If Hezbollah kick off in the North, Hamas in the west and south west its possible Syria and Iran may aid them either with their military or financial and supplies.

Israel claims they shot two of them because they tried to stab a soldier.. if i was forced to live in squalid conditions with little medical supplies,water,food and shelter i would be ripping the the throats out of any of the Israelis myself.

Now with the US row over Israeli expansion the US needs to get some balls and sanction Israel for their warcrimes in which we at ATS bore witness to on the webcam thread during the last conflict(i even sent videos off to the UN of white phosphorus being used as well as a sniper who randomly shot Palestinian civilians as they fleed, not to mention the psychological warfare of the drones). Israel would lose their MAIN ally, and they would be finished.

But we all know the Zionist gameplan with our governments and all the ones that run our businesses and corporations

So Israel...where is your God now..they need to realise they are surrounded by a lion which could swallow them whole if it wanted to....

Watch this escalation carefully people..

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yep! Death of four was enough... We can hear the rage.

OIC tells Arabs to save Jerusalem

JEDDAH: The head of the 57-member Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) has urged the upcoming Arab League summit in Libya to take a firm stand to save Al-Quds (Jerusalem) before it is too late.

Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu also urged the international community to prevent Israel from drawing the region into a religious war. He denounced Israel's arbitrary actions in occupied Jerusalem.

He said Israeli aggression through the building of synagogues on Islamic endowment land, expansion of Jewish settlement on occupied Arab land and harassing unarmed Palestinians are clear violations of international law.

arabnews.com...

Result from past week:

Violent Clashes Result in more than 200 Palestinian Injuries, OCHA Reported

In one of the most violent weeks recorded in the West Bank in the past few years, 221 Palestinians and 17 members of the Israeli security forces were wounded in several demonstrations and clashes, the large majority of which took place in East Jerusalem and its vicinity, said the weekly report of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.

www.isria.com...

[edit on 21-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

More than enough...
MSM still isnt talking about the all of this including the attempted ambush of an IDF patrol.

That means something is in the works..

When the OIC talks they mean it, lets see how many nations are going to take a stand against Israel.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If we think it is bad now wait for next Sunday and passover. If sacrifices are carried out like said on temple mount then all hell may break loose. Unless Israel stops all settlement building right now (which realistically won't happen) and all rocket fire ceases from Gaza (this will not happen) i think its going to escalate in the coming days.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Further Update

Qassam from Gaza lands south of Ashkelon

A Qassam rocket launched from the northern Gaza Strip fell south of Ashkelon. No details have yet been reported. (Shmulik Hadad)

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sure this starts to sound like hell is loose over there... Scary updates coming one after another!

Here is interesting poll, just ahead of "AIPAC Festivals" in Washington:

Poll finds Americans side with Israel

www.upi.com...

And who is in charge?

Former Obama Aide New Head of AIPAC

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First few corrections - Hurva synagogue is not on Temple mount, it is in Jewish quarter in old city of Jerusalem , and it is frankly nobodies business if it is reopened after being in ruins for 60 years.
Also, West bank was briefly sealed after threats of day of rage by Palestinians. Not the opposite. So you can say that declaring day of rage was Palestinian provocation to cause Israel to seal the West bank.
And Qassam rockets were also fired by Palestinians.
This however leaves heritage sites issue and new 1600 housing units in existing settlements (not new ones by the way) that could be listed under Israeli provocations, and Israel does play dirty sometimes. However if one does not want to start a war, this provocations are clearly not enough. War is war, and those issues can (and will) be dealt by diplomatic means.
As for Passover sacrifice - Israeli authorities will not allow it and Israeli religious leaders are against it. Which leaves small (though loud and active) group who will not get permission , but will still march on and be blocked by Israeli police.
This is not something new. From your own link:

In past years, the Supreme Court ruled that Jews may not offer sacrifices on the Temple Mount due to the possibility of a violent Muslim response.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Ok - I will make corrections to my opening post. Thanks - we are here to learn.

Lebanese armed forces hit out at Israeli spy drones and collaborators

www.arabmonitor.info...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I predict tonight or tomorrow the IAF will strike targets in Gaza after all this trouble and rocket fire. As long as the strikes are proportionate and not overblown i personally believe they are justified.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

As long as the strikes are proportionate and not overblown i personally believe they are justified.

All it takes is one accident and for Israel to blow up another school when retaliating.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Quite frankly if the IAF attacked an area near a school in retaliation then they only have themselves to blame as it would be stupid. If rockets are being fired from schools, which unfortunately is common practice, then air strikes are just not going to cut it. In that sense a ground invasion is probably better but still bad. Anyway this particular dilemma has been debated to death so I'll keep to posting more update-focused posts in this thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The genocidal Zionists are at it again.

Yawn...when will humans put aside their differences?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that this would be the perfect time for an offensive from Israel - Americans are distracted with bogus health care "reforms", many Europeans with the latest Catholic scandal, etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Poll finds Americans side with Israel

www.upi.com...

Hello,
"Eighty percent said they agree with the statement, "Enemies of America use the Palestinian-Israeli conflict as an excuse to create anti-American sentiment. Even if the dispute is settled, they would find another excuse to justify their hostility towards America," a poll commissioned by The Israel Project found."

"Even if the dispute is settled, they would find another excuse to justify their hostility towards America."

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that statement pure conjecture? Put into a context where words are being fed to the eaters?
Where exactly was this poll conducted? And, who were the participants being polled?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Update

Palestinians open fire on IDF convoy near Mount Hebron (Army Radio)

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Israeli forces kill 2 more Palestinians

www.cnn.com...

Israeli military officials said troops fatally shot the two after they tried to stab an Israel Defense Forces soldier who was on routine patrol southeast of Nablus. The Israeli military was working to get more details, they said.

But Palestinian sources said the two were innocent farm workers.

The head of the Palestinian medical relief services for the district of Nablus, Dr. Ghassan Hamadan, said the two Palestinians were both shot in the back. One had four gunshot wounds in the back and one in the shoulder, he said.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Another day, another airstrike...

Israel hits Gaza tunnel in response to latest rocket attack

The Israel Air Force attacked a smuggling tunnel in the Gaza Strip before dawn on Monday, after a Qassam rocket fired by Palestinian militants struck an open field in a kibbutz near the southern city of Ashkelon a day earlier.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed a direct hit on its target.

The Qassam on Sunday, which caused no casualties or damages, came three days after a foreign worker was killed by a rocket in the northern Negev.

Four rockets were fired at communities in the Negev over the weekend, after 12 rockets and mortar shells hit the area over the course of last week. The Color Red rocket alert sounded a number of times on Saturday, forcing residents to stay in protected areas.

Since Israel concluded its offensive on the Gaza Strip last January, more than 400 rockets and mortar shells have been fired at southern Israel.

Israeli F16 warplanes carried out two successive airstrikes on the southern Gaza Strip on Friday night, wounding at least 14 people, in response to earlier rocket attacks, witnesses and medics said.

The witnesses said Israeli warplanes targeted the inoperative Gaza
airport east of the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah. After a short while, Israeli warplanes struck two smuggling tunnels under the Gaza
Strip-Egypt borders.

Friday's airstrikes came after militants fired five rockets at Israel in 24 hours, one of them killing the Thai worker near Ashkelon.

Medics at Abu Yousef al-Najjar Hospital in Rafah town said that at least 12 Palestinians were injured, two of them seriously, in the second airstrike that targeted the two tunnels.

SO continue the tit for tat war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join