It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today will mark the end of America

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Now the hangover is setting in. Questions now about how we are going to pay for it.
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

OH OH! I know the answer to this one!

We can take a tiny chunk out of the money we are spending on needless wars!!! That will pay for the healthcare several times over!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Now the hangover is setting in. Questions now about how we are going to pay for it.
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

OH OH! I know the answer to this one!

We can take a tiny chunk out of the money we are spending on needless wars!!! That will pay for the healthcare several times over!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Helmkat]

Even better. How about cutting all foreign aid to countries that show hostility to the US.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by grahag

And finally, quit trying to talk for me. Speak for yourself. Don't speak for anyone other than you. I didn't elect you and you don't have a right to speak for me.

Who is speaking for who? My opening post gave you a choice - you either support the bill or you don't.

I find it ironic that you would bring up someone speaking for you, when this bill insures just that - government speaking and making the choice to have health care FOR YOU. You want to claim about someone "talking for you" then complain about that. Your choice to believe, say, or choose whatever it is you want SHOULD be yours. Don't blame me because YOUR "elected officials" are taking that away from you.

I sure as hell didn't elect them in.

If you took part in the process, you most certainly did. Even though you didn't vote for some of the people that were made your representatives, being part of the process involves you voting for SOMEONE. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean you didn't get them elected. If you didn't participate in the election process, then it's a moot point.

Like them or not, they ARE your representatives. And the process by which they were elected determines that they speak for YOU and ME. I understand this process fully and while I may not like some of the choices they make, I was part of the process that got them into office. It's how the government works. If you want to shut your eyes and plug your ears and say that they're not YOUR representatives, then maybe you can come back after your tantrum and discuss it.

You can abide by the decisions and then if you don't like them, you can get into the voting process again next round, or you can try to overthrow your government. Good luck with whatever your choice is.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Who cares? Does it matter? If it does, who cares again? What are you going to do to change things? Log onto a tin foil hat message board and post your ramble rumblings which you and others think are brilliant but carry no weight?

The powers that be are doing their thing. There is nothing we can do but accept it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"TODAY WILL MARK THE END OF AMERICA"

And perhaps sadly, many around the world will say, "about bloomin' time"

But hey, roll on the NEW America, the one with the Constitution!

Peas...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

You need only click on my name and read my former topics to know exactly what I aim to do about it. What are YOU going to do about?

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join