It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother keeps McDonald's Happy Meal for a whole year... and it STILL hasn't gone bad!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

My grand parents on my fathers side were farmers, had nothing but mostly home grown or raised food and river or ocean caught fish. Drank fairly heavily to go to bed, and then up and at the next morning.
Grand dad died in his late seventies, as did his father and then on.
My mothers side of my family, both parents died before I new 'em, drank heavily and smoked, worked hard.

A lot of your life expectancy has to do with your genetics, and how you live.

Some people can live off of bread, steak, and beer.

I ned a bit more balanced diet to keep up efficiency.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i don't know if it has been posted but a belgian health advisor commented on it in the newspaper today. he stated that the food had enough circulation air so they wouldnt get moldy so they just dried and as far as i know flies dont really have interest in dry food. he said "look at it like when you lay a slice of bread on the table, it won't get moldy". it was also said that altough there is a bunch of preservatives in the food they are all legal + the doses are so small they dont cause any harm when eaten in normal amounts. the only part of the food that didnt have those preservatives in them was the meat.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Also, I personally threw away packs of moldy buns on more than one occasion. (everything is co-dated religiously, but occasionally the supplier would mis-mark something and we'd send it back)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I think for many the STRESS of counting calories, hearing this and that is BAD then OK then BAD again, then diet this way diet that way, worrying about fat, sodium, blah blah blah is more unhealthy then the food itself...people litterly go crazy and get sick from trying to maintain such a "perfect" intake of nutrition.

GOD gave me one life...thats it...no idea how long I'll be here to enjoy it...so I'll eat healthy when I want, I will eat crap when i want, but NEVER will I blame anyone else for the choices I make when I eat something....example, I just ate 5 super sized slim jims with my lunch....I CHOSE to, so I won't be blaming SLIM JIM if my sodium level blows up...especially when I could of easily bought wheat crackers for way cheaper... but lets be real here...slim jim vs wheat crackers...no contest!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
McD's is one of the only fast food companies I'm aware of that uses FRESH eggs in their breakfast sandwiches. As in, cracking the eggs, and cooking them right on the grill.
Starbucks and Tim Hortons, and others almost all use the frozen ones and just reheat in a microwave or queing oven.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
McDonalds Corporation, if you read this, I would like a check in the mail please. k thanx.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hello

This is an experiment that a number of people have done so far over the years, have seen a few of the videos made and yeah, stomach turning! Personally can't recall the last mcDs meal i ate, but its been over 4 years.. and thankfully our 8 year old son has never even been to one much less eaten from their menu..
If you havent watched 'Super Size Me' i would recommend it..certainly an eye opener for some, just type it in to either google vids or youtube and it should come right up..

The fast food fight isnt always an easy one to win on a personal level for many though, anyone who loves their junk food (myself included here lol) its some damned 'good' junk food! since starting healthy eating, and finding out more about such places the drooling has begun to subside when i see their adverts lol

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, it may not look that decayed, but I guarantee if you ate that you would be one sorry SOB.
However, that's pretty screwed up it doesn't break down very quickly. I would say though McDonald's food doesn't stand a chance against your stomach acid which is pretty tough stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
McDonalds Corporation, if you read this, I would like a check in the mail please. k thanx.

Another shill for the big corporations exposed.

Seriously, though, this is one of my threads I wouldn't mind seeing moved to the Hoax forum. I still eat McDonalds from time to time and will probably continue to do so, even after seeing the stuff on this thread.

[edit on 3/20/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just hate to see one getting unfairly, irrationally, blasted...

I also hate giving someone good press for free, so I am banking on someone from head office googling this story and then offering me free coupons for life or something.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Not everyone is as intelligent or as sophisticated as you rcwj1975.

And with billions in the bank, these fast food merchants can literally bombard the average family with very slick and sophisticated advertising and propaganda campaigns.

Nothing in your post, is as cut and dried as you seem to imply.

Well, I'm sorry, but the only thing this thread has done, is make me want to eat at McDonalds this afternoon. So why not get mad at the OP, who made a very sophisticated advertising attempt, and has literally sold me.

Mmmmmmm, double quarter pounder, here I come!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am about to get some Wendys actually...

Loving the fast food!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by karpator
i don't know if it has been posted but a belgian health advisor commented on it in the newspaper today. he stated that the food had enough circulation air so they wouldnt get moldy so they just dried and as far as i know flies dont really have interest in dry food. he said "look at it like when you lay a slice of bread on the table, it won't get moldy".
Yup, stale bread, that has been left out, is called "croutons", you know, the thing you put on a salad.

Oh wow, a double quarter pounder crouton sounds delicious!

Alright, I'm seriously off to McDonalds now, all this fast food talk is making me hungry.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
did you just do that to see what would happen plus where did you keep it cause thats discussing that it didn't go bad for a hole YEAR!?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
La la la la laaa,I'm loving it!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
so basically, this is the equivalent of potato chips, with beef jerky on croutons

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well just look at those ingredients! .. A french fry should have TWO ingredients: Potato, Salt.

A bun should have one ingredient: Flour

A hamburger should have one ingredient: Beef.

And I am reminded of one summer i left a Wendy's frostie in my car.. super hot day, I come back to my car and the frosty is reduced to a foam like substance.. not melted, it didn't melt at all.. it just turned into this plastic feeling squishy foam .. Never ate one since then.

[edit on 3/20/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Can't even eat fast food or junk food, makes me ill. Cook my own food.
need a balanced diet due to the amount of work I do.
Not at all concerned about what my fat and cholesterol intake is, as I work off most of it anyway.

In the U.S., we build up a lot of stress on ourselves, and many of us don't develop a good way of venting it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
this is verry true thers also a video on youtube where i saw this a an experiment dont believe it try it yourself quistion remains what is mcdnlds putting in their burgers and fries and how bad it is 4 u

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
... and if there was a fry under there a few days old, it was definitely more rotten than those ones look.

Maybe it has to do with how much moisture and bacteria is in the environment, ha. I know I've found month old fries under the car seat that looked good enough to eat but were totally dehydrated. I bet they were still probably eatable if you re-hydrated them, lol. And I'm sure my car, and probably that lady's house, were also a lot cleaner than the inside of a McDonalds. Don't they use the same mop in the kitchen as they do around the toilets and urinals in the bathrooms? The same mop they use when your kid barfs up their happy meal too?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join