Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mother keeps McDonald's Happy Meal for a whole year... and it STILL hasn't gone bad!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

It makes want to eat McD's too. It has always been my favorite restaurant to eat at. Ive been eating mcdonalds for at least 12 years and i haven't died yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

When i go to mcdonalds, i like to get 2 double cheeseburgers, medium fry, and a larger dr. pepper.
It may not be the healthiest, but it tastes so good. I cant live my life not doing things cause its unhealthy, specially when it comes to food. That's like the stupid hot dog thing. If you have more then 1 a week you will get cancer. Pfft. I eat about 3 or 4 at a time. No cancer yet. You guys are anti mc donalds, but probably pro-medicine, which is worse for u and your future generations. But dont worry about that, just make sure you dont eat the amazing food from McDs.

Jus sayin......

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ok, this is all nice and dandy but does anyone really knows how the happy meal was stored for a fact during that year?

I guess not. Any food could last that long under the right conditions, otherwise we wouldn't have found meals from the ancient with 500+ years still "intact". And these are from a time where at best all the known preservatives to men were natural and people use to eat food that wasn't necessarily good for consumption by today standards more than often.

Honestly even though I'm well aware of all the crap that is put into those burgers it still not plastic. It still has organic matter and water, and with those too together in the wrong conditions there is nothing that will prevent those from bursting into a colony of bacterias and fungus causing decay in one way or the other. After a few hours exposed to ambient temperature in a humid environment most foods are no longer good for consumption and these certainly are not exceptions.

Oil also works as preservative up to a certain point so once solidifies a coat is formed that makes the oxygen exchange harder thus prolonging the appearance of it being conserved.

I'm amazed by how people buy any crap people post or do a documentary over nowadays. We all know fast food isn't healthy, it was never suppose to be. It's fast, cheap and that's pretty much it.

100% healthy food is just an illusion that most people share. There is nothing today that doesn't contain at least one type of poison in it. If you want safe healthy food better start growing your own.

Without those artificial preservatives that are basically poison our civilization wouldn't be where it is now and most certainly we wouldn't have 6 billion people on this planet where at least half of that have what to eat.

Make it all 100% natural without any types of preservatives whatsoever and in no time every country in the world will have people starving or growing with huge alimentary deficiencies. Only the rich ones would survive.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
remember those Japanese experiments where they took jars of cooked rice and wrote various positive happy words on some and negative angy words on others.

The 'happy jars' stayed preserved and the 'negative' jars rotted quickly.

It is clearly labeled 'happy' meal, isn't it?

This here is irrefutable proof of the power of positive thinking on a scale billions of times bigger... or maybe chemical preservatives.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Hahaha! It's crap but it's good now and then.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That sure looks like it's gone bad to me. Take a bite of that burger and tell me how your stomach reacts. Let me know if your in the restroom with expulsions from either end that night.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
remember those Japanese experiments where they took jars of cooked rice and wrote various positive happy words on some and negative angy words on others.

The 'happy jars' stayed preserved and the 'negative' jars rotted quickly.

It is clearly labeled 'happy' meal, isn't it?

This here is irrefutable proof of the power of positive thinking on a scale billions of times bigger... or maybe chemical preservatives.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

LOL!!!!

I'll throw away my fridge and just start labeling my food with smiles. Going green with a smile

Do you know if the same works for the human body?

I'm thinking about doing a "Happy Meal" tattoo on my chest to see if I'll last longer than average.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Put it up on Ebay and I'll buy it.
I'm going on 12 years now without a Micky D fix.
If it lasted all that time in lil Mum's home I'm sure it will take the flight post to Europe in style.
I'll have my mini microwave ready with a napkin tucked under my chin.
Don't forget to include the Happy meal Toy - wouldn't be the same without it.

peace

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The consumer has to take responsibilty at some point. I can't blame anyone for my choices. No one is pushed into a corner and forced to eat McDonalds garbage it's a choice. The grocery store is further away than my local fast food outlet but I still choose to walk to the grocers. For me it's about choosing responsibly and not being a victim. Be proactive or be a victim. Forget blaming anyone or any corp. in this kind of deal. Furthermore I don't watch television therefore I don't subject myself to any BS programing or advertising.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One more thing. How does this person know the happy meal hasn't gone bad? I dare the person that says it hasn't gone bad to eat it. By the way it looks as though it's gone bad.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

No, It was strict procedure to have a kitchen mop in the back by the sink, and a separate lobby/washroom mop in the lobby closet. And lobby floors would also be mopped separately from the washrooms.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One time I forgot to eat my quarter pounder w/ cheese (plain w/o dressing) and left it stored inside my tennis bag for an entire week or so. That particular pocket where I put the food was pretty air tight (or at least I know water doesn't penetrate it), and the bag was just in our storage closet at room temperature. I gotta say, the moment I opened that bag was the day that I swore never to eat another quarter pounder ever again! Firstly, it looked like sh!t -- literally. It transformed from this yummy burger to an accurate scaled model of a piece of cow manure. Secondly, it felt like sh!t as well. It was soft and kinda soaked & spongy. It was like it was put inside a blender and repackaged in a burger wrap. The worst part was the smell... it smelled like human and cat excretion mixed in a blender and topped off w/ rotten eggs. I kid you guys not...

So based on personal experience, I don't entirely buy that picture posted in the OP... one week was bad enough for me, unless they live in Alaska.

I live in the tropics so it's a lot warmer here and food spoils a lot faster I suppose, but still.... come on...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find this whole thing just crazy...What kind of filthy sick person would leave a happy meal on their kitchen countertop for a year...Thats discusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just for that simple reason I'm not going to believe any of this...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Except when you live in a poor neighborhood with no grocery stores and all fast food restaurants. They deliberate target poorer neighborhoods, and most are not affluent enough for grocery stores.

ummm I have been to the worst parts of MANY cities and see PLENTY of grocery stores...maybe not the BIG chains but there are a ton of other options...so this is simply false..
Because you visited a few towns you claim I am false? I suppose you crunched the numbers, looked at the number of grocery stores per capita(remember, a lot of people in poorer neighborhoods don't have ready transportation) and you surveyed what is IN all the grocery stores?

Easy to judge from an armchair.

Funny, I don't recall you knowing me or my history. Plus, will I judge someone who chooses fast food to buying lunch meat and making a healthier alternative, or pick subway, before they blame the place for THEIR issues...HELL YES...its a cut and dry DECISION made by the consumer..

Yet you make assumptions because you drove through a few bad neighborhoods.

In fact, I saw a new program that is being started where people can order groceries over the net and have it delivered to their local library so they can have equal access to healthy fruits and veggies and real food.

Then thats great, but even with this option people will elect to do burgers and fries and some will blame that for their issues, NOT blame themselves for eating it...and thats were it is BS.

When you are poor, and you have to pay rent or buy food, your gonna buy the cheapest food you can. Your not gonna pay 8 bucks for a few lbs of apples when you can buy mac n cheese in bulk.

Since you have only "seen:" these bad neighborhoods you have obviously never "lived" in poverty. Your making assumptions, from you nice comfy armchair. How is the view? Nice and black and white because you have no idea what poverty is about.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

If you want to know about those french fries, you need to look at Simplot, McCain Foods and Cavendish. McDs only refries the frozen fries, which are already quickfried in those factories. Worked for a couple of them, and they have rigorous standards for their finished product.

Many many things can be done to a potato before it makes its way to the bag and box, bleaching to remove darkening, dextrose for flavor, battering in some cases. The dark ended fries taste much better, but alas, the standards are golden, so that's what they need to be.

Never mind that those same potatoes are cut so many times that only as little of a fifth of them become fries in the end.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well considering I have actually lived in Philly, lived in Baltimore, and lived in Atlanta, YOUR assumption about driving through or just visiting is funny.

Again you want to argue poor....and again having LIVED in cities MANY years I can tell you that there are MANY options. For some reason you want to forget about the smaller chain grocery stores, the corner stores, the corner deli's, the subways, the sandwich shops, etc...ALL OF WHICH have VERY cheap food that can be bought that is healthier that fast food.

Then you want to argue rent vs food. Ok so for $4 I can go buy a value meal from a fast food place, or go buy ramen noodles (like stated before) and feed myself sufficiantly for a few days rather then ONE meal. Or hell even chef boy-r-dee is cheap and much better for you. They sell for like $0.75 a can..and they are good cold.

I used to heat ramen noodles on my iron when I wanted to not use my electric stove to keep my electric bill down...so I have been there...and I have also been blessed to work my a@@ off to NOT be there anymore....so I KNOW FIRST HAND that the excuses get old...and the blame game is usually BS.

As for the mac-n-cheese argument...we aren't talking about that, thats not fast food, plus I already mad my argument about this back in another post about ramen noodles and other bulk food. So get off your emotional roller coaster and come back to the REAL argument...and thats people blaming fast food resteraunts for their bad health, their overweigh issues, their "addiction", etc....

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I never thought of it this way, but McDonalds could be thought of as survival food (LOL). Buy a bunch of them happy meals and put them someplace the mice won't be able to get at them (put them in a metal tool box up on a shelf in the garage) and they'll come in handy during the next earthquake or volcano or society collapse, ha. Just make sure you wash it with some ammonia first though, like McDonalds does.

Say, if anyone is interested in what a steady diet of McDonalds can do to you, check out the occupational health statistics for your average interstate tractor trailer truck drivers, ha. Whoa! (I don't have a link handy, but I do recall reading about their stats and they were pretty bad, worse than your typical career desk jockey)

McDonalds is for those that just don't care about their health. And BTW, so long as McDonalds continue to exist, we should vote down any proposed mandator national health care plan! Those that don't eat that crap certainly don't want to be paying to keep those alive that are eating that crap!
We can thank McDonalds for a lot of those health care costs!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by Brittany
McDonalds Corporation, if you read this, I would like a check in the mail please. k thanx.

Another shill for the big corporations exposed.

Seriously, though, this is one of my threads I wouldn't mind seeing moved to the Hoax forum. I still eat McDonalds from time to time and will probably continue to do so, even after seeing the stuff on this thread.

[edit on 3/20/10 by FortAnthem]

As I said in my original post, in regards to your original post, my statement was about the article, not you, FortAnthem, just to clarify with you so you know.

However, there is no way we can verify the veracity of the claims of the woman, other than to call her out here, so technically, we cannot prove it is a hoax, because our word, while through experience, or knowledge through having worked at McDonalds, shows our knowledge of the topic, not this woman's experience.

Personally?

I believe she is full of crap just like her story.

If you honestly believe it should be moved to the Hoax Forum, ask a Moderator, via U2U.

However, I see it has opened up a viable discussion, but to each their own.

McDonalds Television Ad - c. 1970's

1975 McDonalds Commercial Two All Beef Patties Special Sauce Lettuce....

Larry Bird vs. Michael Jordan McDonalds commercial

McDonalds would never include their nutrition information everywhere if they did not want you to know exactly what you're putting into your body. So, go to their website and look it up for yourself, and cross-reference the ingredients.

McDonalds USA - Nutrition Info

Having been an employee of the company, franchises, was both one of the best and worst experiences I've ever had, because I learned about teamwork, and as well learned just how fast I can react under pressure. It was one of the worst because the franchisees are complete dinks, and pay worth crap, treat their employees with double-standards, and it shows you exactly what to expect in the world, and I for one am going to encourage my children to work there, they might even learn exactly what they will not put up with.

Personally, I love the Big Mac ®, with no pickles, a large french fry, and strawberry milkshake.

And the McRib ®, no pickles, a large french fry, and Coke ® with no ice.

This post and all information contained herein are the sole opinion of this ATS® poster, and not endorsed via McDonalds Corporation ®, McDonalds USA ®, and or any Affiliates ® and or Franchisees®. This ATS® poster furthermore will receive no proceeds for his endorsements of McDonalds ® products. The ATS ® poster does not receive proceeds from Coke ®, nor Coca-Cola ®, nor any of their Affiliates ®, and or Franchisees. ®

[edit on 20-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What I would like to know is what compels a person to leave a Happy Meal on a shelf for a year in the first place??? Damn, I'd hate to walk into that home! Wonder if this person has cats? What next, 5 year old cat turds? Seriously.

No more 20 piece chicken nuggets for me. Damn, and they are so good, too.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
I just hate to see one getting unfairly, irrationally, blasted...

I also hate giving someone good press for free, so I am banking on someone from head office googling this story and then offering me free coupons for life or something.

Are you joking? From your posts I cannot tell.

You want free coupons for a "restaurant" that does not give two craps about you or the consumer? Yes. You, the consumers as a whole, keep these corporations in business. Why not support a business that has a little more empathy, and cares about what you eat and how it affects our earth?

E.g. your local health food store.

If you were joking, please disregard what I said above. If not, then please take it to heart.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nycfrog27

Hahaha, if this is enough to turn you off from McNuggets, then don't look up how they make them and many other things of the like.

They aren't made the same now though, but to know what they were made with before would probably turn you off from a lot of food almost entirely.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join