It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID At The Library

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's been a few months since I went to the library and it seems their check-out procedure has changed. It used to be you would scan the book with a upc when checking out.

No more. Just set the books, yes plural, on the screen in the table and VOILA! up on the screen were the two books I had.

I must say, I about defecated a blue and gold brick. I know about this tech but haven't seen it used in real life. I'm not a fan at all of this tech and this is just another step in implementing it. Seems like a great way to test it out on unsuspecting students - the library is right next to a school and most there are from the school. I would bet they just think it's cool as it takes less time to check-out books.

This scares me. I've looked at the books and can't find it though I know it can be quite small. These could be anywhere and we wouldn't even know it. As if they don't need another way to track us, what with everything monitored these days.

I go out in my backyard, supposedly a private place and I can be looked by satellite. My cell phone is a beacon telling them where I am at all times. I would not doubt it if cash - that little strip in there - and credit/debit cards already have RFID in them, another way they can possibly track us. I don't know about that but have heard of it and would not be surprised. Heck they can probably scan my house and find every product in here with a RFID in it.

It wears on me, all this. I am not the most private person - I am posting on the net - but I would like some semblance of privacy, especially in my own home.

How far has the tech invaded us? Why do TPTB have to know everything we do or say? How do I know that if I go to the health department and have to take that idiotic TB test to get a food workers card that they are not putting one in me? It would not surprise me in the least that they have dropped the RFID into our food so it's already in us and we therefore have no choice.

Do we have any choice anymore? I very seriously doubt it. Maybe my paranoia is taking over me a bit but I think not. This is tech that is very scary and being implemented now.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Not to feed your concerns or anything ... but... check out this link on wikipedia about implants in humans - it has been around for 6 years!

Barcelona clubbers get chipped
BBC link - original article

You might also want to check out my website, link on my profile as there are quite a few personal privacy links and ideas there - it needs updating and now that I have discovered ATS, I have lots more links to add, just not the time to do it yet.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by 1984hasarrived]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 1984hasarrived

I know it's been around but those are voluntary implants. Those people chose to do that(frakking idiots, if you ask me). Since it's obvious TPTB only care about themselves they could be doing horrific things with these chips, which we all have known about for years, but seeing it in action, actually in use in the public sector, makes me wonder how much more it is being used for and in what ways.

Bugger me, I knew this was coming around as it's already been used in other forms but seeing it in action really brought it home. This is real and something we need to fight against.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
"Everything is fine citizen, this is only for your own safety, and the protection of our society."

The tags will make your life so much better.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I went to the library the other day and they asked me for my address!!

What do they want that for??

Do you think I want to steal the books? Guilty before a crime even took place??

And what about all those Dewey decimal codes - yeah I know they say it's a system so they can manage their stock easier - but I think it's a subliminal way of getting you to adhere to being a number, just another number to crunch.

And those stamps they use on the books - they might as well be punching me in the face. Tattooing their ownership over the message within those books.

And whilst I'm far from finally - I'll just say that the ink they use in the books can pollute the bloodstream through topical absorption and numb the mind into becoming a wasted organ.

Sit at home and watch TV is what I say!!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

It's a conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

( I'll turn myself into the Mods for making lite of an important topic. ):shk:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

That was just one example, and yes, it was voluntary. I suspect the military are using it as well - why do you think all the Gulf war soldiers had to have cocktails of injections?

If not body inplants, why not just put it into a soldier's rifle, clothing, helmet, equipement that is always with him?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I used to work for a company that develops and installs Library Automation Systems. The standard used to be using basic UPC scanners, then scanning the UPC lable of the book, or a barcoade placed on the book by the library itself, and it is used by the majority of libraries. When they started introducing the RFID a few years back, they began embedding the RFID chips within the barcode that the library puts on the book. It should have the name of the Public Library and and a barcode. Trust me, its probably not hidden, but if it is it will be in the bindings.

Heck, I installed one system using a thrid party vendor software package that essentially let you walk out of the library without going to the checkout counter. It was a private library so they didnt have to worry about the public walking off with refereance books and such. The RFID was at the enterances/exits of the building, and when you walked out your RFID library card was caught along with the books and they were automatically recorded as checked out.

I wouldnt worry too much about RFID at libraies. They are pretty simple software suites, and the only main concern that I have are that all library information is slowing getting on the public internet. Including past checkout history and that. Most of the time, past history is limited to viewing within your own account....But, these systems can be very easy to penatrate, and some little hacker could easily break in and take info. But who really wants to see my address and the books that I read the past few years? There is rarely any more info than than in a library system, unless its for a school.

Personally, I dont use the public library system, if there is a book I want to read I will buy it.

Fry

top topics

join