It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

if one has seen the film then one knows that the
"happiness at the end of the rainbow" quote leads one to the custome shop where he got tom cruise got his costume for the "private party" but if you look beyond that and go to the end of the rainbow shop which is a miniature world of the whole theme of the film you have prostitution or dear i even say pedofilia or at least sexual engagement between person of very different ages which can be a matephor in it self but what happens in the shop happens at the so called parties.

now if one looks beyond that and just looks at the shop as a metaphor for his movie/movies him being the shop keeper and you the audience as the costume renter , you can in one way get a quick fix if you know the "happiness" behind the curtain he as a shop keeper can offer,
yet he can offer you even more .
to me the japanes buissnes men sybolizes the studio who choose to take the quick fix yet they could have very well had chance to be invited to the orgie if they had the influence or the cash , so in away the studio/s just want a movie with the kubrick brand and not the full monty so so say ,

dont know if that helped anything to many thougths at once,

kubrick was a master at these two

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

what we see with our eyes as a 3h epic film about space and robots that could just as well be interpeted in our unconscious mind as a 3h series of pictures that portey a womb or breast.

to quote lynch and not to derail to much but when he was promoting his movie inland empire he had a stand with cheese and a cow next to it when asked whats this and how it relates to his movie he said , its all about cheese , cheese full of hole which you can peak throu and see to the other side of thing , and in my opinion he was very right , the cheese being the plot full of holes and no matter what direction you look throu at the cheese you still dont get a whole.

sorry for the language barrier and brainstorming

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
wow, thanks for posting this. i learned a lot. i'm surprised i haven't seen the movie yet.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why does everyones say Illuminati, and not include the Freemasons? They are one and the same.

Notice how Tom Cruise was made to look a fool after he made that movie? Even Kidman leaving him. Was a ballsy move by Cruise. Probably not too good for your career, to expose the boys and girls club.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

illuminati being the hierarchy of the secret societies...so no need to include cfr, bildebergs and freemasons etc

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BreakinThEwaLL

illuminati being the hierarchy of the secret societies...so no need to include cfr, bildebergs and freemasons etc

The objective being to make people think that Freemasons (there's a lodge in every town) are not having Satan worshipping sex parties right under the general publics nose, infesting innocent people with their sins. They are.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

lol id say about 95 to 99 percent of them dont have a clue whats goin on...they think its a brotherhood for making the community better

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

With regard to whether or not Kubrick was satisfied with the final cut of the film, we'll never actually know. He died four months prior to its theatrical release, so who knows what the studio did to change it after he was out of the way.

That's a conspiracy in and of itself.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

WTF?!

Seriously.... I have spent the last two days researching this film on here using the search function, as well as reading up on every single theory on the net. The odd thing is, pretty much every thread on here regarding this movie has been dead for some time, most were from years ago. Time slip? What are the chances of me for some reason feeling the sudden urge to research this movie, and literally the next day someone posts a great analysis?

I have seen this movie maybe half a dozen times, and what I marvel at is with each viewing I pick up on something else I had never noticed before.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was a terrible movie, just like most people who post on this site. It wasnt until the 2nd or 3rd time that I started to see the intricacies and sheer genius of the story.

I enjoyed the ideas this analysis puts forth, but what I love about this movie is everyone truly sees something different. And, this doesnt mean that any one is more "correct." In fact, maybe we all are. Maybe thats what Kubrick was doing with this film, making something that truly confounds and challenges the mind. I must admit I have seen all of his movies, but Eyes Wide Shut is the only one I have seen so many times, and still feel like I need to watch it again.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper
reply to post by zerbot565

eyes wide shut is the only film he made that hasent a directors cut, his intended version so to say and the version that is out there for rent is the version "the studio" made not kubrick.

Didn’t his brother in law or someone close to him denounce claims that he was unhappy with the film? Far as I know, yes, the studio censored the film because of its length and scenes that would have given it a NC-17 rating if they were anymore graphic. Though Kubrick might not have wanted that my understanding is he was happy with the edited version of the film.

It is my understanding that he died before the final edit of the film. Hmmmm......

So it would be technically impossible for one to know if he would be happy or not with the edited version.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Last time I watched, I noticed the very first scene that shows Alice naked could possibly be foreshadowing of that ritual, and a clue to the viewer that Alice may even be there. After all, she was propositioned by the man at the party.

Another thing I picked up on, Ziegler tells Cruises character that when they took his coat at the door, they found the receipt for the costume place. Then, when Cruise returns to the shop, things have drastically changed. Does this mean, the elitist group visited the shop to see how much the man knew? I assume so, considering their apparent determination to track his movements.

Also, did they have influence over the fact that the costume shop owner was furious with the two men for being caught with his daughter, then the next day is pimping her out? Sounds familiar, kind of like the MONARCH programming of children where the parents allow the government (elite) free reign over them sexually...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Agreed on the thought that Cruise was made to look like the other name for a donkey after this movie.

This movie exposed it all, but only if your eyes are wide open and not shut.

Look at the Leele Sobieski character.
Have you every heard of Alicia Owen and the Franklin child abuse scandal?
I wonder if he had any male equivalents to her character in his version that were edited out.

Link to info on Franklin child abuse cover up.

I am also highly suspect of Freemasonry, which, in my opinion, was one of the many inspirations for this film.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Thats crazy. I had never heard of that case... It seems like yet another one of these situations, where power players are in involved and literally shut down an investigation.

I like the part how the guy and his kid were killed in a "plane crash" (how cliche) then the only two witnesses were sent to PRISON for perjury! nice touch...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Something similar from France, which I also think about whenever I watch Eyes Wide Shut.
check this out

"Suspected of murders of young women and children in France, Belgium and other European countries, he says he killed about 2 a year for a decade or more. An unbelievably botched French investigation and cover-up of potentially hi-level clients of a pedophile ring. A key investigator who would have exposed this scandal was killed just before the court presentation and his death made to look like a suicide."

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry to keep going on and on...

But I just wanted to add this one last thing.

Google "Mother of Darkness Castle In Belgium

This is a place that sounds eerily familiar to the palatial estate in EWS where the orgy took place.

If you look at the picture of the front gate it reminds me of the scene when Cruise goes back to the house the next day and they already have a typed letter for him. As if they knew he was coming....

Makes you wonder if Kubrick did know something... were his movies an attempt to make the public aware of strange going-ons but his defense was it was just an adaptation of a book? Similar to Milton doing Paradise Lost as a poem, protecting himself from heresy, yet telling people the Devils side of the story, and making him seem heroic?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That analysis was amazing, many things I missed and many things were bang on.
I really enjoyed the mention that it was a happy ending. Warmed my heart.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Yeah the internet is full of people who claim to have been the victims of these types of crimes as a child.

Interestingly enough the psychological community has a name for it.
It is called Satanic Ritual Abuse, but ironically enough, it is treated as a hallucinatory type of problem dealing with dissociation.
The victims are basically told that they are liars.

If anyone makes any type of claim like this, then they are labeled as DID (dissociative identity disorder) and they are seen as a liability for the prosecution, because they are thought to be making it up.

So kids can claim a preacher molested them, and that is cool, but if an individual who is from the upper crust of the social strata is accused of Satanic Ritual Abuse, then the victim is in the wrong and must suffer from DID.
(DID can actually be created in someone through repeated massive trauma as a child. These evil people have us in a catch-22)

It is enough to make someone want to vomit.

Look at how this concept is treated and its proponents ridiculed.

Here is the wiki on Satanic Ritual Abuse.

I am currently in school for research psychology, because certain elements of the current practice of psychology are unethical, and this happens to be the granddaddy of them all.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

the shop is a metaphor ,

but that aside i do believe that more people then cruises character rented costumes at that shop, i think there was a reference to that somewhere and that being that the masks used where shown in the shop window.
which even more hints to some sort of see no evil speak no evil hear no evil society even thou its in your face.

kubrick as a character can be found in all his films with his films being a representation of what he views good / bad with the world be it the shop keeper from eyes wide shut or barry "lyndon" , i believe the movies he made where very personal to him meaning that they had more meaning then just money and fame , like a father trying to teach his child everything he knows with out saying anything.

an other trivial thing is that polanski´s ninth gate has simular ritualistic order themes as in eyes wide shut thou from a more humoristic point of view.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I just watched this movie for the first time yesterday (So ty was looking for something like this) and it felt beyond creepy. Like I was being reprogrammed mentally.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nice thread, i'm a big SK fan (though that's pretty obvious by my pic i guess)

Makes you wonder about his death. He was always a little paranoid - wouldn't fly anywhere despite having a pilots license (hence the London Docklands stood in for Vietnam in Full Metal Jacket).

People guessed he was afraid of flying, but when you think about it, he makes a film about secret societies and he dies unexpectedly before it's released. Granted he was old, but what if the cut we have is missing some nice reveals about these societies that TPTB left on the cutting room floor?

Taking SK away from us prematurely could be one of the most unforgivable things TPTB have ever done! (I wrote that line jokingly, but you know what, being such a sad fan....)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The Marc Dutroux case that is referenced in your link is CRAZY.

In my opinion, the Franklin case and the Dutroux case are the smoking guns that tell one that something is not right in happyville.

Another to watch out for is this guy.

Michael Aquino.

I just have one question for the Pentagon regarding this guy.

I understand having a variety of practicing religions on staff.
Variety is the spice of life.

But why have a Lieutenant Colonel, who is a practicing Satanist, in the Pentagon working for the Psychological Operations Unit?

Do they know something that I do not?

[edit on 3/18/2010 by Josephus23]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join