It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I liked 'Eyes Wide Shut' because of all the naked chicks. Most of them were pretty hot.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

you should copy this and put it on the illuminati mindset page...to know what a rich person would do you got to think as if you were rich to understand their mentality...well put!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

True, but you dont have to be rich to have those type of parties and whatnot, regular people do those kinds of things all the time theres a whole culture behind it, just google it up and im sure something will pop up. Reminds me of the scene in office space were peter was explaining his dream of doing nothing to his neighbor, and his neighbor says # man you dont have to be rich to do nothing, just look at my cussin hes poor as dirt and he does nothing all day.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Hey why not from what I read you sucked at being a criminal or junkie, might as well be a writer.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

dude said that people like me and you know these people but they want to be apart of the "crowd" just like we want to be with the people we know...they dont know the secrets they just think this is what its like to be untouchable! when really there just pawns like me or you.
and your right there is a whole culture on this...they control what want we to be with the cult of dionysus/hollywood!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BreakinThEwaLL

They try to be the cult of dionyssus, they have no clue to what there doing, or what dionyssus realy is if they knew they would shint there pants, they are folowers of a dead god who would laugh his ass of if he saw what his cult came to.

The greeks of old were the freest society that has existed in this world, everything that a our puritan society tryes to understand abouth them is brought forth in a puritan light. For example the myth of the minator half man half bull, the wife of the king of crete was in the cult of dionyssus, the myth dident come from any lesson to learn it came from gosip of her sexual preferences. Or the one of pandoras box and the most evil, of the evils on earth one so evil its at the bottom of the box an evil that was worser then murder getting skined alive, starving to death or any that the ancient greeks deemed evil,, hope was there because for them the thing that dragged them on when there was no chance was the worse torture they could endure. better to be dead and a shade of the past in hades then hope. And now look at what was achieved the exact opposite  of what was. Ancient man is so strange to us we might as well be different spicies.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When I saw this film, I realized what many critics missed and that is that EYES WIDE SHUT is a dream from first frame to last. Also, there is a dream within the dream. It is up to us viewers to guess who is dreaming the dream.

Additionally, I agree that Kubrick exposed real Illuminati stuff in this film and he may have been rubbed out by the elite's killers.

Furthermore, I believe Kubrick was brilliantly experimenting with string theory's parallel worlds concept in which an infinite number of coexisting realities (branes) are constantly ongoing in the multiverse.

But at any rate, next time you view EYES WIDE SHUT, keep in mind it is a dream from first frame to last.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

But at any rate, next time you view EYES WIDE SHUT, keep in mind it is a dream from first frame to last.

There are many interpretations of the film (none of them are wrong or right) and there are a lot of explanations out there that break down the theory that it is a dream from start to finish.

No one should keep in mind any one theory and consider it fact, Kubrick films are meant to be individually interpreted like most creative films out there.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Some of you may have heard that Kubrick also used the Shining to show that the moon landings were fake. There is a thread hereon ATS about it.

In fact there is a theory that Kubrick actually filmed the moon landings and then left clues in the Shining to that effect. Source

Snippet
"The U.S. government hired director Stanley Kubrick to film the fake moon landing and, to protect the lives of himself and his wife, he made 1980's "The Shining" as a veiled confession of his part in the secret project. This would have seen Kubrick filming the landing conjointly with "2001: A Space Odyssey." "

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Good analysis, basically supports other evidence of the genius of Kubrick.

I would highly recommend Jay Weidner's analysis of the Shinning and
the Apollo moon landings, (he maintains Kubrick was saying that they never
happened and makes a strong convincing case in his analysis of the shinning).

Wiedner states that Kubrick helped the US fake the landings.

His analysis of 2001 another Kubrick film, basically exposes quite
strongly that the methods used to shoot the footage of the Apollo moon
landings matched precisely Kubrick's revolutionary shooting techniques;
that only he could duplicate.

That is my understanding of Weidner's thesis on both of these films,
the shinning which was Kubrick telling us without endangering himself
to death by the usg, that the landings never occurred, the symbology
is no coincidence and after Weidner's analysis one cannot but see
the movie in an entirely different light.

Weidner has also written I believe about eyes wide shut,
but I don't recall the analysis at this moment,
it is located in the articles by him posted at the links below.

Like I don't get the alchemical Kubrick thing.

I would be very interested in you folks' input after you read his articles.

www.jayweidner.com...

jayweidner.com...

www.jayweidner.com...

======================================================

"no such thing as coincidence, no such thing as conspiracy theory,
just conspiracy fact. the whole of human history is one giant conspiracy!"
- someone must have said that

"man will never be free until the last banker is strangled
with the entrails of the last politician and priest" - Diderot

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1984hasarrived

Here is Ager's take on The Shining (this from the same guy who did the analysis in the vid in my OP):

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

Thanks for the link, I will check it out later. Great thread!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wokeuplate

to be more precise and non alarmist; and to stay focused on Kubrick's genius, I should say that Weidner states that it is not the case that the USG never landed on the moon, but that the landings as we know them never happened and that Kubrick helped fake them for public consumption. The rest I leave to you guys to read and decide.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A most amazing find. thank you so much for this.

I watched this years ago. I felt like I WAS watching two or three different movies at once. It seemed disjointed if you will.

I had put it off the the "critics" saying that it was unfinished and the studios scrambled to cobble something together to make a buck.

Man, I was wrong.

I'm still not sure if there is any relevance to any particular "secret society" unless it is made to be intentionally general as a "nod" to the "power behind the power".

I obtained a copy of this tonight to watch and see what I can find. This analysis puts things into a better order. Its like watching a Jungian dream sequence now and not a butchered masterpiece.

Thanks for everything Stanley and thanks for the brilliant breakdown by Ager.

sandf

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

well its pretty much the same concept im well aware of ancient greeces cult of dionysus...they both use theatrical arts to drunken the masses and put you in a trance like state...im wondering if any of you have seen true blood. it portrays the cult of dionysus with the maenads, and sex orgies and the trance like state. the maenad even becomes a half bull half human. This show even hooked me and i probably watch an hour of tv a day lol

[edit on 18-3-2010 by BreakinThEwaLL]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
IMHO, Ager's analysis of Kubrick and The Shining

does not even come close

to Weidner's solid analyses and overall thesis.

I'm curious to what you all think of the comparison of the two arguments.

Which one makes more sense?

www.jayweidner.com...

jayweidner.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wokeuplate

www.jayweidner.com...

I know nothing about the moon landing conspiracy so I tend not to broach the subject because I know I'd be in over my head in a matter of seconds, but this interpretation of the film is very interesting and well thought out. Whether it's true or not I think it is a better point by point analysis.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

That comment was funny, especially if your screen name refers to the Minnesota Multi-phasic Personality Inventory Part Deux.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

This guy debunks the moon landings better than ANYONE that I have ever read.

I was on the fence until I read what he had to say, but now, I am totally convinced that they were a fake and Kubrick was responsible.

Seriously, he is not some yahoo.
He has drawn A LOT of heat for this.

Link to davesweb.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

If you didn't go to his homepage, then he has a twelve part series on the moon landing being faked called "Wag the Moondoggie" and he totally rips the mythbusters episode to shreds.

He also has a variety of other great reads.

Link to davesweb homepage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join