It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619
reply to post by zerbot565

With regard to whether or not Kubrick was satisfied with the final cut of the film, we'll never actually know. He died four months prior to its theatrical release, so who knows what the studio did to change it after he was out of the way.

That's a conspiracy in and of itself.

This would be a great movie re-released with the true original footage that most likely still exists...director's cut..well as much as can be done.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you, OP. I've seen and read other analysis of this movie, but this one was better than the others in some ways. I didn't understand "dream logic" in the previous interpretations I saw.

I agree with some of the previous posters that Kubrick was trying to blow the whistle in the best way available to him on some things that he knew about, but couldn't come out and say. I do think it's likely that certain scenes that were shot, never made it into the release. Kubrick couldn't have "approved" of the final version since he died too soon. I don't care what "his brother-in-law or somebody" says about it.

Once you start to notice the little things that don't make any sense about Hollywood, it starts to pile up. I do think it is telling that Tom Cruise had such a good reputation in Hollywood before this movie came out, and now everyone is convinced he is a whack job. Maybe he always was? But he's just an actor and now the media has so soured everyone's opinion on him that they can barely stand to watch him on film.

If you watch the interviews on the dvd of this movie, the one with Nicole Kidman especially, it seems like she may not believe Kubrick's was a natural death. She doesn't say as much, obviously, but when you watch her interview and the one with Cruise, they both cry and talk about how "wrong" it was when they heard Kubrick had died and how they couldn't believe it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Finished watching it all. I think theres a lot left to decode. This gentleman appears to have only scratched the initial layer of Kubrick's message. But did such a wonderful job.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Check out the real life Eyes Wide Shut.

This was never meant for anyone to see, and I am not in any way shape or form joking around.

This is not a conspiracy theory, but valid facts, referring to a valid case.

The man representing the victims is an ex-state senator from the state of Nebraska.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dont overthink this movie it just a representation of the swinger lifestyle in hoolywood and those with money, they exist everywere as common as squirls in the woods, and if you look at the histories a lot of rich and powerful and even a lot of presidents were swingers and had these sort of parties, tom cruize and kidman and kubrick, must of been to one or two of such party's. dont overthink human nature sometimes it's not as complicated as the human mind fears it to be.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Who knows, it may be a high-level Scientology ritual?

Weird flick...but nice to see Ms. Kidman in the flesh...

Mentally disturbing though... The Ninth Gate has some of the same ideas (Johnny Depp movie)...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah I could see the ones who "know" whats going on wanting to make a movie about it. Truth is always stranger than fiction and would always make a better movie. Back a LONG time ago, when I used to hang out with some lower-middle level drug dealers. I was a small-time criminal who was never successful at drug dealing, I was a lot better at DOING the drugs, hence my insufficiency as a "pusher". My fortay seemed to be shoplifting and masterminding heists. I have/had a very analytical mind. If it wasn`t for my passion for getting high, I could have been a great pusher indeed! But its best things turned out this way. And it`s even best I got caught finally, because that`s all it took to straighten me up. I didn`t get out unscathed, NOONE does. I spent time in jail only because I refused to rat anyone out. But I could write a whole book on that alone. Anyway, my point is, I used to hear some very interesting stories and I used to play with the idea of wearing a wire just for the purpose of writing book about our experiences later. Obviously such a crazy and incriminating idea would not fly but oh how I wish it were. That would be so valueable... could`ve made a great book. I still consider writing one from memory and possibly from racking some ppeoples brains for details if they were willing to participate. And if I got back in touch with some of the guys they would have about a few good years of stories to tell me that might be better than the old memories I have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I will never watch this movie the same way! Very creative. I wish Nicole Kidman was still this hot!!

Thank you OP! S & F

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My point is, I could see some producer whos in the know, who needs a good movie and he knows that some of what he has witnessed about secret societies would make a great movie. But like my book if I wrote one, it would have to be changed around a little so as to not directly incriminate anyone. If you have ever had a glimpse of a secret or underworld society, it is so interesting that you know that normal people (we call you guys, "normies" lol jk I think that was from family guy but couldnt help it) will be all over it. especially if they know it was "based" on reality. In related news, keep your eye out in the next year or two for a book by me about drug dealers and other criminals cruising the streets of everett. It will be great to read while the world is falling apart around you. the title may have the word "Everett" in it. Which is where most of it takes place. In WA.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I remember reading once that Kubrick knew it would be his last movie. That he had planned it for years in advance and he knew it would kill him.

When I read it I wasn't suspicious, I thought it was an emotional thing.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything to support this.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by litmuspaper

WTF?!

Seriously.... I have spent the last two days researching this film on here using the search function, as well as reading up on every single theory on the net. The odd thing is, pretty much every thread on here regarding this movie has been dead for some time, most were from years ago. Time slip? What are the chances of me for some reason feeling the sudden urge to research this movie, and literally the next day someone posts a great analysis?

How interesting that you've also been researching this film, in the past few days. I first watched this last weekend and also The Tenant. This weekend I have Space Odyssey and Ninth Gate ready to watch.

After watching the film I've been researching it too and couldn't believe it when I logged in here today and saw this thread.

Sirius has also been cropping up for the past 2 days - no idea if there's any connection but I haven't been researching Sirius and yet it keeps turning up.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have added you as a friend because anyone that follows this particular Director is indeed one in my book.

The magic and mystery this director takes you through everytime you watch one of his films is purely priceless. Stanley Kubrick was indeed one of the very best in the film industry.

Here is the filmography of this genius:

"The Day of the Fight" (1951)

"The Flying Padre" (1951)

"The Seafarers" (1953)

"Fear and Desire" (1953)

"Killers Kiss" (1955)

"The Killing (1956)

"Paths of Glory" (1957)

"Spartacus" (1960)

"Lolita" (1962)

"Dr. Strangelove" (1963)

"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968)

"A Clockwork Orange" (1971)

"Barry Lyndon" (1975)

"The Shining" (1980)

"Full Metal Jacket" (1987)

"Eyes Wide Shut" (1999)

As regards to this film one must watch it many a time in order to understand its true meaning. Life is much more different than we all perceive. What goes on behind closed doors. I started a thread a few weeks back which is throughly relevant to this thread you can find it here, Do You Know What I Did Yesterday

Thankyou OP for bringing such a fantastic film and topic on to ATS.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We all know Kubrick has visual purpose in everything he does. So how come NOT ONE MALE had body hair...

I'm curious about it.

Also @ the movie list.

Blood on Satan's Claw (1971)
Soylent Green (1973) [NFI what's in my "meat"]
Network (1976)

1985 - My birth

They Live (1988)

After the Regan Era movies are less obvious about this stuff hmm :-?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Yes. The Franklin cover up is a sad stain on this country's history that is ignored by most and considered a "hoax".

The book on the cover up is amazing and helped wake me up a great deal. The amount of untouchable people in this country is disgusting.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Dont overthink this movie

Most of his films are meant to be overthought, that's why he hides symbolism in them, like the references to the sun deities that I mentioned. The sun god's name and a few symbols that could be related to him are right there in the film, there are also several books lying around that play into a deeper theme.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Thanks, I agree and I will add you back.

reply to post by mryanbrown

Network (1976)

I don't think a film like "Network" will ever be made again. Which is a shame. I think that time of film making has passed us.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Right up there for one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. Great film that everyone can get something from, I'll watch the recap when I've got more time. Also this movie wasn't nearly as disturbing to me as a clockwork orange was.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

last semester i was called upon to make an analytical comparison of Eyes Wide Shut for a class on literature of the sacred.

the basis of my analysis is that the movie is a re-enactment of the Eden myth in Genesis 1-3. and that the story of Eden is the central metaphor of all illuminist rituals.

below, i have excerpted my own analysis of the revelations of Dr. Victor Ziegler.......

The moment of triumph comes when Bill is confronted by a friend, Victor Ziegler, who was in attendance at the secret meeting. “I know what happened last night, and I know what’s been going on since then….I was there, at the house, I saw everything that went on.”

At this point, Bill believes that his world has finally come apart. Victor continues, “Bill, suppose I told you that everything that happened to you there: the threats, the girl’s warnings, her last minute intervention, suppose I said that all of that was….staged. That it was a kind of charade: that it was fake.”

With these words, Kubrick makes his grand revelation: there is no such thing as mere coincidence nor synchronicity. The creation of the world by submission to the terms of infidelity has a chain of authority, central to the illuminist Priesthood, which has real power.

But ultimately, life itself is nothing more than an elaborate charade which is played out as a means for Bill’s salvation. It is important to note that according to Victor Ziegler, “there is no second password.”

this is an outstanding movie in that it contains in metaphorical form ALL of the mysteries of existence.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A brilliant analysis!

Wow, I think Stanley had a way with his movies. It really goes to show who really love to do their art and put care and feeling into it other than those who just make a movie for money.

Societies are only as productive as their ideas.
Ideas are thought out by the artists.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Sorry to keep going on and on...

But I just wanted to add this one last thing.

Google "Mother of Darkness Castle In Belgium

This is a place that sounds eerily familiar to the palatial estate in EWS where the orgy took place.

If you look at the picture of the front gate it reminds me of the scene when Cruise goes back to the house the next day and they already have a typed letter for him. As if they knew he was coming....

Makes you wonder if Kubrick did know something... were his movies an attempt to make the public aware of strange going-ons but his defense was it was just an adaptation of a book? Similar to Milton doing Paradise Lost as a poem, protecting himself from heresy, yet telling people the Devils side of the story, and making him seem heroic?

Kubrick knew alot and tried to tell alot without saying so. Some say that he made a deal long ago during the filming of 2001 a Space Odyssey that for helping the govt. with certain things that where done for the Moon landings and more, he would have free reign to make whatever movie he wanted. I think Eye's Wide Shut showed more than some people in power wanted out. And that would explain why they thumped on Cruise after he done that movie because he was party to the outing of some things and rituals that they didnt' want shown and/or was to close to the real rituals.

Lets stick to the movies and hollywood for now. I truly believe that the Media knows more about stuff that they let on, but are muzzled because of the danger that would befall them and people they love. So many times some that don't like this junk or are tired of it try to tell through a movie or a story and hope that you and me pick up on it. As an example of the movie that we are discussing, he was trying to show the power and their decadence and they didn't like it. Lets take BlackWater too, the mercenary company. Remember the whistle blower saying that Eric Prince (Billionaire by alot of counts) and his top management staff with other employees routinely participated in wife swapping parties and such, why is that. It's because if you are extremely wealthy you don't have to worry about work or food or sex or anything, you tend to think that you are a different species than the rest of us. Then you have people around you that faun over you because they want to be like you and such, so they will do whatever you want them to do in order for them to be part of your group.

You can't spend the money fast enough, so what you do like anything you get addicted to is to up the ante of your pleasures and your desires. Everything from child abuse to as Quentin Tarantino researched kidnapping and weird snuff stuff (like in Hostel). Do yo actually think he just made that up, he knew about it from other people and other sources her and in other countries. It's depraved, and when you have a group of elite that are doing this they form their own little associations that are connected to a bigger one (remember most of them are extremely wealthy and/or powerfull) and eventually are drawn into a cult of "power" over others. I remember seeing back in 1999 on one of those TMZ type shows before TMZ that somebody had video (it was shown) of Oliver Stone at one of those New York party spots. You may say so what, but what he was doing was dancing all up (essentially groping) on one of the many models that are "required" to make appearances at the fancy clubs (it doesn't matter the age because the essentially are private and the police don't care), she was 16 going on 17 years old. That was shown and within a few days nobody in the media talked about, it's because its understood thats what the powerful in the media and the elite can do and not get in trouble for.

Just imagine in your mind having 5 billion dollars with all the toys (cars, jewels, best computers etc.) a nice seaside mansion on some coast, good food, women and men fighting to be with you. After awhile you will start to get bored of this stuff and you would want to up the ante so to speak by doing more riske things. Thats the elite, and they have built a cult around doing what they want when they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join