It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Excelent rebuttal but ya took the bait!

By your own dating of racial turmoil let us look at the time difference between the high water period that you stated and the present it really is not a long time when you look at the average life span of a human in the USA.

Can you honestly say that on the 1st of January 1970 came all white people simultaneouslt abandoned all thoughts of racism??? Again do the arithmetic. I argue that 30 years is a very short time. Actually 60 years is still a very short time for a society to go through any sort of inner change.

There are clearly those on both sides that are deeply distrustful of this wonderful non-racist USA. Sometimes the problem is the tortoises as opposed to the hairs especially when the tortoises are the vocal types.

T

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

You forgot one question:

Do we wish to move away from the 1960s and the associated racism?

If so, we must stop focusing on race. Today we focus on race way too much, not too little. A white man and a black man are treated differently, not as much due to some deep-seated hatred of ages past, but more due to legal advantages that have existed now far longer than they were needed.

IMHO I would feel that the country is keen to move away from its white racist past. Under those circumstances the spotlight is on the white part of society to ensure that people do not slip back. I am sorry that this upsets you but it is not a scientific process hence we have “pendulum politics” with certain extremes of behaviour being exhibited. In other words there is undue scrutiny on white people not to be racist to ensure that America does not slip back to the 1970s. Some will understand this critical point others will not.

No, it is not a 'scientific' approach. It is a social experiment which originally succeeded and now has failed miserably due to old age and abuse. The original intent of actions like Affirmative Action was to level the playing field between the races. In response to hiring discrimination, we got quotas. Now, however, these quotas are exploited to ensure that race, not necessarily ability, determines who gets the job. In response to discrimination, we got Civil Rights. Civil rights, however, are no longer just used to make sure all people get fair treatment, but is rather an excuse to make sure 'whitey' doesn't say the wrong word in public.

That is not leveling a playing field. That is turning it on its edge.

The result is more racism, not less. The result is that those who are now treated as some repressed minority are becoming jealous of the advantages they cannot obtain because of their race. That will not promote acceptance; it will promote dissension and bitterness, the two most fertile emotions for growing racism. If that is the crop you wish to reap, then by all means fertilize away. I, however, do not wish such a harvest.

I want equality, not superiority.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
There is more hate spewed that is followed by a wounded-sounding 'hey buddy, can't you take a joke'?

On the other hand, there is even MORE racial stereotyping of whites in America, followed by no apologies from the ass holes who utter those stereotypical remarks.

Oh... That's right... Blacks don't have to apologize. They done paid for the right to be racists.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by bharata

I said in the post and I reiterate. No one knows who did this and when they did it it was probably some anti-PC idea in his head to shake up the status quot. He used the term 'Black People' and had he used any other ethnic group it would have gotten just the same reaction. Your assumption that he had 'pot smoking buddies' is just that..an assumption and you have no more knowledge about the situation than I do. Plus you're the one who's using slurs to prove some foolish point against me. My OP said what I meant and to have to re-explain myself to you shows your incompetence.

Zindo

PS. Walk into any Wally World and you can see these intercom systems that look like phones on beams through out the store. All you have to do is walk up, pick up the receiver and push the button marked" Intercom'! There's no special security code needed!

[edit on 3/18/2010 by ZindoDoone]

So you think that because he is trying shake up the status quo that the means justify the ends?

Also the pot smoking thing is an example of irony
, that kinda of slipped past you.

Again avoid the rather direct question and retaliate? If you think that will help. You see the act itself is minor and not really worthy of too much attention I think you agree on this point. But this is what I am getting at

It's one mans epic fight against the Politically Correct and race card playing ninnies of the world. If he had said 'All White People leave the Store" or use any other ethnic group it would be the same reaction. Foolish? Yes, but I can understand the probable motive!

And you accuse me of making assumptions? what is the "motive!"?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well I do not want a return to the social unrest of the 60s. I do not want a silent oppression neither.

Perhaps it is time to stop the affirmative action but tell you what I am sure that people were against it from the start. The big question is always one of hidden agenda. I just want equality. The black demagogues do not really have that much clout in the black community and most people are very clued up about thier games.

As a frequent visitor to the USA it sometimes looks like two separate countries when you move out of the big cities.

What scares me the most is that there could be a return to discrimination now that america's future is less rosy looking. Racism is all about scarce or desireable items so come the jobs crisis things could get ugly.

But I believe in ordinary people so I also believe that some collective mass actions will change societies in the west for the better.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Really? You don't understand? Hmm, okay, I don't usually do this but I'll explain. Ever notice how fat girls can say whatever they want about slim girls, call them "skinny b@#hes" etc. Its the same. The one who has the upper-hand can have things said about them while the one who is down or in the less desirable position cannot. It would be mean, kicking them while they're down. Now, since by societal standards, it's more desirable to be skinny than fat, fat people have protected status. So skinny jokes are okay but fat jokes are not. And though it may not seem that way to you, whites have the upper-hand in society. Hence the double standard. I'm not agreeing with it, just explaining it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
rofl

friend of mine has done that in walmart and target couple times here which is hilarious, he's black but loves pulling those types of pranks.

sounds like something from the 'bad ideas' section of the bbs.zoklet.net forums

too funny though

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

Oh, I understand fully how it works and a few other reasons besides the one's you gave. I also understand what a professional victim is, and feel that there are far to many black ones. Just my opinon, so it's really no better or worse than anyone else's.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Tiger5

Well I do not want a return to the social unrest of the 60s. I do not want a silent oppression neither.

I'm glad to hear that.

What scares me the most is that there could be a return to discrimination now that america's future is less rosy looking. Racism is all about scarce or desireable items so come the jobs crisis things could get ugly.

I disagree. If racism were only about obtaining scarce or desirable things, then there would never be racism among the rich against the poor. Yet we all know that has happened frequently throughout history.

Racism is born of distrust and fear of that which is different.

Racism dissolves away when the difference is seen as normal.

Differences become normal when different people co-exist.

For 50 years now, 2 1/2 generations, half a century, people have coexisted. Racism, my friend, is dying. Sure, there is a jerk every once in a while, but those are death throes. Here where I live, the KKK was rampant in my youth (I was even asked to join twice). Today it is all but gone, the only remnant now shunned by society and forced back into tiny areas where it can breath its last in peace. It thrives on attention and infamy; they are the oxygen that keeps it breathing.

Do not resurrect such a beast by bringing attention to it unduly.

TheRedneck extra DIV

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is a running gag on a now ended Australian comedy sketch show.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
As a frequent visitor to the USA it sometimes looks like two separate countries when you move out of the big cities.

Oh, I agree with that. This dates back to the Reconstruction era following the American Civil War. Despite many blacks going back to work as sharecroppers on plantations or accepting the government's offer of "40 acres and a mule" to begin their lives anew in a rural environment, most newly-freed blacks migrated to the more urbanized areas in search of the opportunities typically enjoyed by free American citizens, right.

This migration was not well-received by the primarily white city-dwellers, even up in the "black friendly" northern states. Consequently, the black population ended up living in ghettos on the outskirts of town. This led to the manifestation of dual townships — the "white side of town" and the "colored side of town" — a configuration that lasted well into the 20th Century. As white urban sprawl enveloped the "colored" communities, these black neighborhoods became isolated and further degenerated into the "slums" found in most metropolitan areas of the USA today.

Meanwhile, outside of the urban centers, fewer and fewer blacks continued to cling to the hope of succeeding in the rural areas. So, the U.S. eventually arrived at a state of black population concentrated in or very near the major cities, while the vast rural countryside became pretty much the domain of white landowners.

The biggest downside of urban living, as any behavioralist can tell you, is that human beings don't behave normally in cities — we may be social animals, but we were never meant to live by the millions within these very confined urban zoos. Human beings, burdened with the stress and tension and hostility of urban living, literally go crazy in the city.

This happens regardless of skin pigmentation and regardless of which country you're in.. An all-white city is just as stressed-out and mean-spirited as a non-white city or a mixed-race city anywhere in the world. You can't pin racism on the USA alone. It's everywhere.

Am I saying that urban living is the cause of "racism"? Not at all. Rather, urban living more readily exposes our deeply entrenched human territoriality.

Given the abnormal stresses of urban living, it's not unusual to see primitive human territoriality resurface, resulting in so-called "racial tension"... It doesn't actually have anything to do with "hate" or any other human emotion — it has to do with the lower human brain, the primitive mammal brain, exerting its deeply-ingrained territoriality, which was developed over millions of years of evolution.

No, "racism" cannot be reasoned away nor legislated away. It must evolve out of our systems, probably over the period of a few more million years... by which time we'll be a completely different species.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Commandeering a private establishment's PA system can be considered form of tresspassing. Using it to make announcements like this can be taken as harmful action against the business in question.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Using it to make announcements like this can be taken as harmful action against the business in question.

Yeah, especially in this case... If you tell all the blacks to leave the Wal-Mart, this mega-retailer will go out of business in a week.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

If you had read my previous post you would realize that I thought this Wal-MArt prank was hilarious.

Go back and read my post at the bottom of page two.

[edit on 3/19/2010 by dalan.]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

What does any of this have to do with the question I posed to you?

Can you name ONE black person that has been fired or made headline news for their racist remarks?

Your idea of complaining about comedians such as Chris Rock will do no good. White people aren't allowed to complain in this country, and when we do say something we're called the racist and portrayed as such in the media.

I'm sure that right now someone reading this post is saying to them self that I'm racist. If being sick and tired of black people blaming the white man for the source of all their problems in the world makes me racist then so be it.

Personally, I agree with Doc Velocity and think y'all need to quit being a bunch of whiny bitches and get over it.

I had to hear about this Wal Mart story on three different newscast last night and the black lady they interviewed saying how emotionally distraught it made her.

If the person had told all the white people to leave I'd bet the blacks in the store would've been laughing and cheering. Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
And to drive my point home here is a Story in our local news.

KSDK -- St. Louis County sheriff's deputies evicted the brother of Charles "Cookie" Thornton from Thornton's former home in Kirkwood on Thursday. Cookie Thornton was responsible for the Kirkwood City Hall shootings that left him and six city workers dead. Thornton's brother, Gerald, said he knew the finances of the family home were in trouble, but he was not expecting the knock on the door from deputies so soon.

Others in the Meacham Park neighborhood said they don't appreciate the way Gerald Thornton was kicked out. They believe the eviction would have had more dignity in another neighborhood. "This makes me very sad," said Harriet Patton with the Meacham Park Neighborhood Association. "Considering the situation in our community, a lot of efforts are being put in order to try to resolve the racial issues in the community, and this seems to ignite a fire again." A spokesman for the Kirkwood Police Department said Thursday's eviction was routine and without incident. He said the procedures they followed were no different from any other evictions in the department's jurisdiction.

There's a video on the right of the page with an interview with Harriet Patton saying that if the eviction happened in a better( read white) neighborhood it wouldn't have happened the way it did, that it's a racial issue. Oh, of course! The man's stuff wasn't put out on the street because he didn't pay his mortgage it was because he's black.

An eviction is an eviction no matter what color of your skin or neighborhood you live in. If you think it doesn't happen the same way to white people you better think again.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
" There's a video on the right of the page with an interview with Harriet Patton saying that if the eviction happened in a better( read white) neighborhood it wouldn't have happened " THE WAY IT DID" the way it did, that it's a racial issue. Oh, of course! The man's stuff wasn't put out on the street because he didn't pay his mortgage it was because he's black.

An eviction is an eviction no matter what color of your skin or neighborhood you live in. If you think it doesn't happen the same way to white people you better think again. "

Well you have posted earlier that you are happy to be Identified as a racist which is your democratic right to do so. I will defend your democratic right to call yourself what ever you will.

I have adapted your quote to highlight something that I think says a lot about your mindset.

"THE WAY IT DID"???

So from here you then make a logical jump to actually explain that people were implying that the ewviction was related to colour when IT was about the manner of the eviction. I believe that you sought to stretch the situation to make an arguement about the inanity of people claiming race-motived evictions. At the very least this is a non sequitur in logic or at worse it is a straw man arguement. Believe you me I know loads more black americans than you do and 99% are not looking for a free-ride or a handout. I agree with Doc Velocity in that something is wrong with the inner cities...

We in the UK know all about the disproportionate level of black deaths at the hands of the police and this was before the upsurge in gun crime.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

"
What does any of this have to do with the question I posed to you?"

Well there is a connection if you go back and re-read the post.

"Can you name ONE black person that has been fired or made headline news for their racist remarks?"

I have not heard of one. That does not mean the all swans are white. In the UK I do know of black people who have been accused of racism and have faced disciplinary actions. Given our close cultural similarities I am amazed.

"Your idea of complaining about comedians such as Chris Rock will do no good. White people aren't allowed to complain in this country, and when we do say something we're called the racist and portrayed as such in the media."

The USA has taught the world the art of protest. If your attitudes are commonly held then you have an excellent breeding ground to go out there and have a civil rights movement to challenge such things. Do not be lazy.

"I'm sure that right now someone reading this post is saying to them self that I'm racist. If being sick and tired of black people blaming the white man for the source of all their problems in the world makes me racist then so be it." and their goes another straw man arguement. How can anyone blame one race or one thing for all of their problems. Again how many black people do you know? How many ghettos have you been in. I have black family and friends I know a lot of black americans both in the USA and outside. Sorry Racism is not discussed on a weekly basis, nor even a monthly basis unless somethong crops up. Sorry mate but there are more urgent discussions like the kids, jobs, inlaws, Families, Sports, Films (I am "avatar"ed out) etc.

"I had to hear about this Wal Mart story on three different newscast last night"

Now was that because the newscasts are actually owned by black people (under lizard control") ? or is it more about the inane nature of the media obsessed with sex and race. Remember ordinary black people are not obsessed with racist lurking in the woodpile.. On the day I must ask how many people died that day? Is america at war with anyone? What about the economy? In other words is this really something that is worthy of news coverage. I was stuck in a hotel in NJ when the Milie Cyrus non event happened and my brain was carpet bombed with it for more than 3 days!!!!

and the black lady they interviewed saying how emotionally distraught it made her." Well I would have been shocked and ready for a fight as I was attacked by racist whites about five year ago and had to hand out a beating. But yes we have only recently seen the wonderful world of non racist living.

"If the person had told all the white people to leave I'd bet the blacks in the store would've been laughing and cheering. Am I wrong?"

Completely I small group less than 10 percent mayhave made a coment but then the majority of people would have done nothing. I would have spoken out as I am not scared of such things. It is important that decent people speak out. I am not one for shopping so thereis a high likelihood that I would have been with friends and some would have been WHITE.

Yes some friendships do cross racial lines!!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Commandeering a private establishment's PA system can be considered form of tresspassing. Using it to make announcements like this can be taken as harmful action against the business in question.

Really? Thank you for bringing that aspect up, I didnt think of that.

But it still isnt a hate crime or anything, a misdemeanor at most. I would equate this and a punishment if given to be on par with say, TPing the principals house.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

How can anyone blame one race or one thing for all of their problems.

Exactly.

Again how many black people do you know?

Quite a few actually.

How many ghettos have you been in.

Only one, but went through it everyday on my way to work and back home.

I have black family and friends I know a lot of black Americans both in the USA and outside. Sorry Racism is not discussed on a weekly basis, nor even a monthly basis unless something crops up. Sorry mate but there are more urgent discussions like the kids, jobs, inlaws, Families, Sports, Films (I am "avatar"ed out) etc.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm not saying every black person is racist, just as not every one in any other race is racist.

On the day I must ask how many people died that day? Is America at war with anyone? What about the economy? In other words is this really something that is worthy of news coverage. I was stuck in a hotel in NJ when the Milie Cyrus non event happened and my brain was carpet bombed with it for more than 3 days!!!!

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Why did it even make the news? It's a non event. It's my opinion that it's to keep us having conversations about it and to keep the racial lines between us. The same as some black leaders and white leaders keep racism alive. I not a racist person, really I'm not. I'm just tired of the double standard of blacks being able to say anything they want about white people an get away with it, but a white person does the same towards blacks and it makes headline news, and they lose their jobs. If Don Imus gets fired for saying nappy headed ho, then Chris rock should be fired from show business for saying cracker about a dozen times in less than a minute on his bigger and blacker stand up. And the whole crowd was cheering.

and the black lady they interviewed saying how emotionally distraught it made her." Well I would have been shocked and ready for a fight as I was attacked by racist whites about five year ago and had to hand out a beating. But yes we have only recently seen the wonderful world of non racist living.

I grew up in St. Louis and because of deseg laws I and many white kids were bussed to predominately black neighborhoods for school when the high school I wanted to go to was 5 blocks from my house. I had to deal with and witness things no kid, no matter the race, should have to go through just to get an education. I and the other white kids got jumped by gangs of blacks on numerous occasions. When my mother went to the school to complain after she found the hunting knife I started carrying just to go to school, the black principal told her she was crazy and that things like that didn't happen in her school. My mother moved us out of St. Louis after that. Now, with that said it did teach me a lot about how blacks had to have felt when schools were first desegregated, but, at the same time it also taught me that the black community DOES hold on to that past.

"If the person had told all the white people to leave I'd bet the blacks in the store would've been laughing and cheering. Am I wrong?"

Completely

Sorry, but my own personal experiences tell me I'm right.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join