It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

"All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

www.nbcphiladelphia.com

Wal-Mart officials are looking at security tapes after an announcement was made for "all black people'' to leave a store in South Jersey.
A man used the public-address system at the Route 42 store in Washington Township Sunday night and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.''
Patricia Covington and Shelia Ellington were inside the store when it happened and told the Courier Post that customers and store employees looked stunned when they heard it.
"In 2010, I want to know why such statements are being made because it flies in the face
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think this was in very bad taste. It shouldn't' have been done. But it was most likely one idiot who either worked there, or knew how to use the PA system. I don't think Wal Mart put out a memo stating that this was their new policy. I hate when stupid people do stupid things in public, but I also hate when people over react. This is the kind of thing that will have Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson calling for an apology form Sam Walton's family.

www.nbcphiladelphia.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow... That is some move.
I can only imagine the backlash this jerk-off will be subject to.
I hope his picture is emblazoned in every media outlet. He deserves
the shame and loneliness that he brought upon himself.

+3 more 
link   
It's one mans epic fight against the Politically Correct and race card playing ninnies of the world. If he had said 'All White People leave the Store" or use any other ethnic group it would be the same reaction. Foolish? Yes, but I can understand the probable motive!

Zindo

link   
From the article OP posted:

"Washington Township police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the incident as a possible bias crime.

"I can't believe it in this day and age," Covington told the paper. "Wal-Mart needs to be more responsible."

Covington and Elllington are boycotting the store."

What is the crime?

As odious as the actions were, there is no crime here. Announcement guy can dislike blacks, he is protected by law. How is pranking people to leave the store criminal?

It isnt, there is no crime, and the police are pandering.

Really all this says is racists are everywhere.

I want to get a hold of the loudspeaker and tell EVERYONE to leave Walmart, myself.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes, it was quite rude. But at the end of the day, it is merely words, and likely a joke as well. I do not let such things get to me. One can either step back and see how ignorant/immature the person who did this is, or they can let it get to them causing stress and disruption in their lives.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE03
Yes, it was quite rude. But at the end of the day, it is merely words, and likely a joke as well. I do not let such things get to me. One can either step back and see how ignorant/immature the person who did this is, or they can let it get to them causing stress and disruption in their lives.

this is about the way I see it. Just an immature prank. The guy is probably a racist, but not smart enough to explain why he feels that way.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo, that avatar rocks. If you could just get manbearpig to be behind him it would be perfect.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Unless it was a current employee that made the announcement, Wal-Mart being held at fault for this is just ridiculous. The actions of an individual who either previously worked for the store, or someone who just knew how to use the loudspeaker and wanted to be like the guys from "Jackass", should not rub off on the company itself.

Go into any large store, Wal-mart, Target, Sears, Food Stores, Best Buy, etc, etc. There are phones scattered around EVERYWHERE in these stores. The chance of someone randomly picking one of these up and using it for mischief is pretty high.

I can recall working in Best Buy by me in central Jersey a few years back, an ex-employee picked up on of the phones in the appliance department and just screamed "F*** YOU!". While we knew it was not someone who currently worked there, the customers were pretty pissed, but it never made National news.

This is once again a case of a small race issue being blown up into a huge matter.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Eh, this sounds like some smart ass teenager pulling a lousy prank. It sounds like something I would do when I was 15, though I would probably say something sexual.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is not Wallmart's fault
I'm not fond at all of Wallmart, not at all
but this is not their fault

go to youtube, see how easy it is to make announcements on the PA system. Hundreds of people do it and youtubed it.

It's very easy, there's some funny ones on youtube as well.
it's just using the phone that's all.

Anyone could have done it, it was stupid of the idiot to do it
but it's not the store's fault

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe he should have said
"All weirdo's leave the store"

www.peopleofwalmart.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e84f04cb4791.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Lets not hold Walmart responsible EVEN IF IT WAS AN employee. Walmart employs something like 2.1 million people and in any given population that size you are going to have a percentage of ignorant/insane/criminal people.

The guy that did this should be ridiculed and recognized by future employers from now and forever as a bad hire.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It would be totally different if WalMart sanctioned this action, but they did not.

I am going to watch this case for soon to be filed lawsuit by the offended black folk who were asked to leave the store. We all know its coming.

This IS America, home of the free ride.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
It's one mans epic fight against the Politically Correct and race card playing ninnies of the world. If he had said 'All White People leave the Store" or use any other ethnic group it would be the same reaction. Foolish? Yes, but I can understand the probable motive! Zindo

You're coming to the defence of this imbicile? Now that is sadder than the original incident/stunt!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Ya. Just exactly right, I am.

Zindo

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And all the smart people in the store rolled their eyes, shook their heads, explained why teenagers are stupid to their children, and continued on with their day.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
It's one mans epic fight against the Politically Correct and race card playing ninnies of the world. If he had said 'All White People leave the Store" or use any other ethnic group it would be the same reaction. Foolish? Yes, but I can understand the probable motive! Zindo

You're coming to the defence of this imbicile? Now that is sadder than the original incident/stunt!

I didnt see it as much of defending this clown but defending against the kneejerk shouts of RACIST WALMART or what have you that might have come from the actions.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From the mouth of Barak Hussein Obama...

" It's only words, just words.."

People are really getting too paranoid over everything. In the past, if people didn't like what you said, they told you so and moved on, now everything's a federal case. It reminds me of the two boys who were playing one day when one called the other a name or made fun of something he was wearing.

" Mommy ! Franky called me a blank blank cause I'm wearing blue socks !"

Then Mommy has to make Johnny apologize to Franky, and maybe give him some time out and take away his snack. The world is full of babies who really need to get over it. Leave it to Wal-Mart to take care of it's own internal problem. No one needs Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson, or the federal thought police to come and spank the store.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Fromabove]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join