It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Weren't We Trapped?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Maybe ATS is like "Zion" and all of the "free thinkers" will be rounded up once the herd is big enough

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Trust me, if you are writing here, you ARE trapped. By exposing your knowledge, you have put your self in the appropriate "list", therefore helping the government to control you. So, we, who write here, we are just the same "sheeply" as others.

We also live an illusion, slightly different.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the whole "we have a purpose" idea. I think it has more to do with social acceptance. Have you noticed that most of the people on here are not what society would label as being "cool"? I think people that don't have the drive to be socially accepted are more open to forming their own thoughts, as well as accepting controversial ideas. People that are caught up with apperance and acceptance would never let themselves consider ideas that we do because it would destroy the image they have fought so hard for.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi all,

Perhaps we were just born to learn, learn and absorb at reflect such teachings as from Mom and Dad (from what they were taught); Mom, Dad and Teachers; Teachers, Government and Media...

After the truth begins to wave it's scary flag we can find ourselves bewildered and slightly confused, mayhaps asking, what the hell else was I told, believed, forwarded the principle and belief to my kids. Then, learn later in the back-end of life it really isn't true at all?

Decoy

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
new to ats and downt have a usb keyboard so i keep it short and sweet.

we are armed whith knolege simaler to millatary is armed with guns. we are still in the proceses of truly understanding how incredibally powerfull we all together are. we need to socially rise above the petty stuff. and lead by example.love yourself and this crazy government we have . and alot of people.us it reminds me of this old quote."this is gonna hurt me alot more than you-peace

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

yes! we are here in hideing i agree . and that sort of honesty will hopefully move foward

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank You so much Full_Vision for this thought provoking post. My answer might be simpler than most, the reason we are not trapped is because we were born with rational minds, the herd mentality is what this materialistic world is based upon. The masses follow each other blindly.
We have intelligent minds who post on ATS, and because of that very fact we question reality, that is why we are not caught up in the herd. Thanks Again.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thekingofkingsowndrummer

Thank you for you thoughts on this
though it doesnt appear to be the popular theory running on this thread, i do agree with you lol.. perhaps not entirely on the logical part, but having said that, even those who may seem completely illogical to some, at least are thinking beyond the grid with some form of logic at least powering that thinking..which is a hell of a lot more than those with the so called herd mentality do and/or can say..and simply having said brain would make ones perception different.. thanks again for your imput!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smashing31
I'm not sure about the whole "we have a purpose" idea. I think it has more to do with social acceptance. Have you noticed that most of the people on here are not what society would label as being "cool"? I think people that don't have the drive to be socially accepted are more open to forming their own thoughts, as well as accepting controversial ideas. People that are caught up with apperance and acceptance would never let themselves consider ideas that we do because it would destroy the image they have fought so hard for.

Truly great point..thank you for that..social conformity certainly does cause a great deal of ones self image, even more so these days perhaps with the various forms of it..the media sure as hell push that conformity structure! and even if a kid isnt brought up around much of it, and they still go to school outside the home, they come back with information on things, such as tv characters or programs..indoctrination and vunerable young minds.. a scary combination by any means. Once they are old enough to actually think for themselves, they are too caught up in the social bs that their image/reputation would be in peril. people would think them crazy after all!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey like the thread. I too felt different my whole life and distinctly remember many nights as young as 9-10 ( 30 years ago) staring at the ceiling thinking that I might be meant for something important. I don't know how many people responding to OP are artistically or scientifically inclined, but being that way myself I feel my brain just works differently than most. Not all that fun of a means of being a being that is in a constant state of becoming.
And not to say my way of thinking is better--just different from most I encounter in the world.
But the structure of society inhibits and discourages outside the box thinking--encourages pursuits of power and wealth. None of which really appeal to me. Creativity and a thirst for knowledge are thiings that have been devalued...and at times ridiculed.
I agree with posters that it is exhausting at times and a good stiff drink calls out.

[edit on 22/3/10 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Hello,
Well, for your question, as for everything else, there is always a percentage that will not be affected by whatever goes that way. Some won't catch the flu during an epidemic, you can find traces of an explosive after the detonation, etc.

I think we simply have been blessed by a nature that doesn't get easily hypnotized, or manipulated. We have a natural alarm bell in us that will alert us, even if we don't know what is going on. We'll notice things others won't. Make links where we shouldn't.
Example: Where I worked before, when something needed to be found in the shop, I was always asked because I always found the lost items. And I didn't follow the "paper trail". Only my instinct, and sometimes, it brought me to places unrelated to the lost item, but where I went, I would see something that would give me a hint as to where to look... Best way I can explain it.

So I would say two things play for us: natural resilience and natural highly tuned alarm bell in us. Strange, but not as much as the world we're in.

Aresh

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
...thinking that I might be meant for something important.
[edit on 22/3/10 by Chamberf=6]

I'm about your age, feel like you and many others, and my own reflexions on this feeling, leads me to think we will be needed AFTER the coming destructions. When TPTB will leave us to die, we will be there. It may sound like I'm having an ego trip here, but it is the most logical explanation I could find... given the unnatural aspect of it all.
The only thing left to do is have firm faith in what will be brought to us and our ability to deal with it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join