It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Weren't We Trapped?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Maybe because we have an open mind...

What would be the world without people seeking the truth, searching for verity...?

Those who can endure the pound of the world can, in my opinion, escape the 'Union Fate'. Being controlled by a government, by our parents, teachers.

Since our birth, people keep telling us how to act, what is good, what is wrong. Where are free choices when we are young? Isn't it when you're a kid the time to find who we are? What we want to do? But if a Kid say : I want to step on mars!, his parents, teachers, even friends will call him a "Loser" or will tell him he's stupid to want such a thing. An open mind... We can dream silently of something we want, we can dream our dreams instead of living it. So where are our right to express ourself? Only on this forum where people trully understand you and share the same feelings?

W/e, I'm getting off topic now.

Nice post, Flagged.

Thank you,
~44Drake44

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I`ve been different since birth, however. When my family came to see me at the hospital, I was the only baby with a full head of hair. I was different in school, too. Got in trouble at an early age. Broke rules. I didn`t believe in the school system, it didn`t work for me in any sort of way. At times I was picked on, at other times I played the part of the bully. Then at about 7th grade I started to find the middle area, and actually got bullied a few times but refused to return violence... it was strange. And ever since I`ve gotten a sick feeling whenever I`ve been in the presense of, or watched on tv, any strong kind of evil. Or I guess, whatever I perceive to be evil. This could be excessive violence (most movies and tv i can watch because I know its fake, but certain things just bother me I can`t explain it), hatred, betrayal, whatever. And a little later, maybe just after or just before the end of High School (I made it 4 months into my senior year), I became really sensitive to other things. Like I would cry at scenes on t.v. or at certain things I would experience. Some of the things that would make me cry seemed strange, until I realized there can be such things as tears of joy. Now I sometimes can enjoy crying. And sometimes I cry for the whole world. I don`t enjoy that, though...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

I can not cry, it's just... impossible lol. And I dont know why, I think humanity is shameful, as an entire. Not everone, for sure. I find pretty strange that you used to bully some kids and now became the protector, or wathever I can call it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Everyone has there place, to think that we are in this state of mind because we are the gate keepers to waking up the rest is naive.

After all the people in power still have the power, and have bee for a very long time. They have totaly human control down to a T.

What i believe we are is evolution of the human species to usher in the new way of human kind, a new breed of minions.

Critical thinking, Questioning everything and anything, all around higher mental capacity.

Human kind is going to have to evolve to live in a 1 world government and we are the first batch, thing's havnt gone as planned it seems. I'd write us off as an failed experiment as being humans with a higher mental capacity but with not as much of the control aspect by our overlords

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmdrZero
Excellent question poster. Here's an answer though not necessarily mine. Decide for yourself if you agree or not.

About a year ago I caught a Project Camelot interview with Dr. Pete Petersen. He's a very interesting man to say the least and you'll have to decide for yourself how much of what he says you believe.

Seems like a loon to me - makes some outrageous claims.

He says he saw a whole bunch of UFO's - all shapes and sizes. I have never heard of any sighting like it. He said there was a bunch of others saw it - anyone heard of any UFO sighting similar to it?

Also says he invented some diagnostic machine - never heard of anything like it, except sci fi.

Then says some 15% of the pop has alien DNA - if people had this adjustment some 6,000 plus yrs ago - then the number of people effected would be much higher.

Then he says he is off building a time machine, and that govt has the tech. If anyone had a time machine then I think the controllers plans would be going a whole lot smoother.

Claims to have been involved in a closed session of congress - on what basis? Secret squirrel club he says.

Terrorists and WMD's are coming in on sea containers .. >< fail.

Seems like he is just quite up to speed on all the latest conspiracies - and just regurgitating it.

Doesn't seem very credible to me at all.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

There is a whole underlying "vocabulary" that we instinctively know since child birth and its knowledge starts to manifest subconsciously as we reach puberty.
Body language, social patterns, fashion trends etc. are understood by that vocabulary.
Every human generation has its portion of people that feel something isn't right with their world. Its probably the most important part of human evolution and you women are mostly responsible for this by choosing appropriate mates. In fact you tend to choose the most revolutionary males over the most traditional ones.
It is not the conspiracy part in us that has fallen of the grid, it is probably that you as many people through TV hypnosis and media mind control experiencing disconnect with the rest of the human society. In fact much of the human society especially the ones with better living standards is becoming disconnected. we notice a shift from west to east regarding living standards conditions. East is becoming better, west has remained stationary. I don't know when the whole will reach a critical mass and what will happen then.
I guess 2012 is

the first step issued by TPTB

that will act as conditioning to the media controlled masses towards a new millennium. Probably many other steps will follow.

My 2,012 cents.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I could copy and paste significant points included in the reply of several posters, as a means to articulate my point of view (My compliments to free thought) however, after skimming through the majority of responses to this thread, I believe sharing a self observation would perhaps encourage others to post for the first time. (I’m a virgin poster popping my cherry) I selected this thread. I MADE A CHOICE. Choice is inherent to all conscious beings. What is consciousness but the ability to be aware. “I think therefore I am ". The human being is not so far removed from the animal kingdom that we are not without a drive to survive and thrive. Our fears, curiosities, handicaps, assets and experience, inspire personal perspective. Our sensory systems tune themselves based upon this perspective and the needs that are required to sustain our purpose, TO LIVE THIS LIFE. In this way, we share a commonality with the world around us as we grow by our surroundings. Choice is a privilege, for we do not live in a world ruled by man,(That is a perspective) rather we merely are man. We are one. Just as our bodies are comprised of separate functioning systems that communicate and combine to create our being, are we not still a muscle, a kidney, blood, bone, a brain, a heart, a cure, a disease. Beyond what we can touch with our senses, are we not more? How do you see yourself? It is in the answer to that question which you will find the answer to all others.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

The only thing i feel comfortable agreeing with you is that a much higher population that has any link with extraterrestrial dna should be present. however, due to many different reasons(one being calcified "3rd eye") that may be explained away, HypotheticallY. Everything else seems to be grabbing at straws. Sure time travel is a stretch, in and of itself, but to state that things might have gone a lot smoother, well, how would any of us non-time travelers know, since our current time might not have been altered in our cognisens(cannot seem to find the correct spelling xD)? Why are sea containers such a stretch, might i ask? Because normal people like I have access to such information as to what is going on in every stretch of the oceans?
As to a secret meeting of congress, i won't even touch that....but you might get my point.....possibly...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Really interesting question.
Why is really hard to answer as we can see by the replies so far.
Perhaps people like us are needed to balance out humanity, if everyone was sheeple they would soon be lost, even sheep need shepherds.

I can relate to most things said here, and I also don't think I was ever asleep, my earliest memories are of following my dad around driving him nuts with questions, mostly "Whats that?" then "Why?"
I wanted to know everything.

I was always wondering why people thought as they do, even as a child I couldn't understand why some people made really simple ideas seem so complicated.
I've always been able to see right through people too, those that posture and put on airs and graces, and manipulators.

I can relate to the guy looking under rocks at night, I was fascinated by bugs and growing things.

Also as a child I didn't react to things as the adults in my life thought I should, for example, my mum tried to keep me indoors when dad was killling chickens for the pot.
Of course I snuck out to see, I'm sure he knew I was watching coz he let one chicken go after it's head was chopped off. As we all know chickens do indeed run around for a bit with no head, mum thought it would upset me but I thought it was amazing and wanted to know how it did that with no brain, I was 4.

I guess I was lucky in my upbringing, my parents encouraged free thinking and indulged childhood silliness, like my pretend friend. Once we were on holiday and dad even drove 10 miles back to the previous town because I said my friend got left behind, I was 3
( I love my dad )

As well, religion was not crammed down my throat, we were encouraged to make up own own minds.
And after much reading on the differing religions decided I wanted nothing to do with any of them.
My mother said something a year or so before she passed on in 2006 that has stuck with me, the subject came round to god and she said "If you want to see god, look in the sky, thats our god, the sun."
(she was born in 1925)

So back to why, I haven't the foggiest, but I think we are necessary.

I really want to add heaps more but it would turn into a book
so, enough about me and I'll leave you with my 99 year old fathers favourite saying:

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see!

PQ

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just image there was a point in history where our elected officials were fighting the man, and set up a form of government to represent the people. Sadly this all changed, because "humans ruin things."

one of my friends best quotes.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I suppose I should be thankful that I wasn't born in the 2000's what with all the crap going on.

I've always been independent, I suppose that is what led me to go search for knowledge on my own. It certainly helped me wake up

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I believe, and this is just my opinion, that it is because the "trap" itself is just an illusion. No one can put the "trap" on you but yourself. What others can do is manipulate you into "trapping" yourself through inundating you with all kinds of fear based machinations. Defy the fear and avoid the "trap".

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I found ATS, no one told me about it, I was seeking and received. Even if someone told me about ATS, it's up to me to find initiative through it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Hi Full_Vision,

Very good question!

For me, it was as you suspect, a childhood event - two separate event actually, leading to a realisation later.

Of course, as a fully fledged 'grown up' (that's debatable!) i know there are liars and con-people everywhere, each after something from someone else or an agenda to maintain.

The initial event that i suppose, changed my view on simply believing anything i was told, came when i was seven years old.

A friend and i were playing nearby to our local church, and being typical young boys, were getting into harmless mischief (Opening the church doors, and shouting to hear the echo's), when we were nabbed by the local vicar.
He basically scolded us, and told us that 'god' would not like what we were doing, and would be very angry with us.

Being an inquisitive and fairly bright kid for my age, i sensed this bloke was making it up as he was going along. Lying.
So i questioned him..which he didn't appreciate...at all. I asked all sorts of questions, ranging from; Why would god be angry when he should know all we were dong was 'messing about', and didn't mean any harm? Since i had been told, that god know and sees everything, he must know thins, and wouldn't be angry at all.

Not satisfied with the vicars answers or attitude, i pressed him (in the manner of a seven year old kid, mind you, so not particularly sophisticated) to explain how he knew god would be angry, at which point he became angry.

I then asked him how he knew god was even there watching at all? To which he replied, one must have faith. Asking what is faith, he explained it's a belief in something that we don't have any evidence to , in this case faith in a loving and all powerful god, that created us and all other things in the world.

So, i reasoned, even at that young age, that faith meant that he believed in god, but didn't know for sure if he was even real or not. Which i told him.

He basically said, well yes, that's right and that is what faith was all about.

That was the end of our little discussion, but this left me confused because whenever i was told about god, it was always as a fact, never as a 'maybe'.
This didn't sit right with me, and i realised as the years went by and got into double digit years of age, that almost all of the adults who had ever mentioned god to me, were essentially damned liars as they never left any room for 'faith' in their descriptions of this god person, it was always spoken as a fact.

This led to me questioning anything even slightly ambiguous, which i continue to do to this day.

[edit on 17/3/2010 by spikey]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it probably comes down to intelligence.

Intelligent people question the world around them. They see anomalies in news report etc and they instantly question whether what they have just heard could be right. The less intelligent people just take anything they hear from "reputable" sources at face value, whether it makes sense or not.

The first signs of this are the little kids you see around who are always asking "why?". They want to understand the world around them. Personally, I know I drove my father insane asking why this and why that. I was the kinda kid who never really believed in Santa or the Tooth Fairy, because it didn't make sense and would argue with authority figures if I knew something to be true until they could prove me wrong, and they would need hard evidence to do that.

Unfortunately, contrary to what society would like you to believe, only about 20% of the population anywhere in the world are classed as "intelligent". 50% are "average" and the remaining 30% are "below average". Yet, society still educates all kids at the same level (state funded education, aka brainwashing camp), under the premise that the smart kids will elevate the dumb kids, when in fact quite the opposite happens.

In short, it is the nature of intelligent people to question their surroundings and not to blindly believe everything that they are told to be true. We know that we are being lied to by our leaders, we see the evidence around us every day.

We can see through the lies and the propaganda and the govs of the world know this. They know that there will always be that 20% of the populous that they cannot fully control, so they use the other 80% to control us, using ridicle and peer pressure, saying that we must be the crazy ones because we are in the minority.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello
Firstly, thank you to all of you for being open and honest and replying, I am facinated by many of your replies and will reply as much as i can right now before life here calls me away!.. A number of cigarettes and cups of coffee later i got to the end of so far posts..Excellent to read!
I want to say to Silent Thunder, i agree with your comments apart from this:

Originally posted by silent thunder
First of all, it's very hard to apply blanket characterizations to ATS. There is no "we" here. There are people here who believe things I think are frankly delusional if not out-and-out insane, and I'm sure some feel the same about some of my beliefs.

Of course we are all individuals, thats what has most likely brought many together here in this forum.. and i have to say, there have been a number of times i can recall where there was very much a 'family' type atmosphere within threads and communications.. or i am just dillusional, whichever lol, but i do feel it..

As for the theory here that we are unknowingly trapped, Perhaps to some i shouldnt have used the term 'trapped', it may not have been the best way to explain the question in mind.. all of us as a species along with all living beings and creatures within this Earth, are in ways trapped in the system.. and all one can really do is distance themselves as much as possible for their personal life circumstances.. its more the fact that many of us have not chosen to remain mindlessly content and silently obedient in a world that has far too many curiousities to NOT ponder.. to not question things.. as opposed to the far too many who have thoughtlessly just accepted what they are told and go no further with the thinking process at all..

Originally posted by dethduck
I believe, and this is just my opinion, that it is because the "trap" itself is just an illusion. No one can put the "trap" on you but yourself. What others can do is manipulate you into "trapping" yourself through inundating you with all kinds of fear based machinations. Defy the fear and avoid the "trap".

In my opinion you are spot on here
As i said above, we are all trapped in various ways, but only our own selves can gain the strength to not allow it to happen.. sadly it can not be help in ways though.. its set up so no matter how far one tries to avoid, for example, consumerism, even basic needs from shops makes one a consumer.. all one can do is handle their mindsets, you know, like the kind of women who have to shop for shoes to feel better on a bad day.. -but at the same time i get humans need some sort of vice. Sorry steering off topic! We, as individuals have to make the choice ourselves..

No i dont feel i am better than the mass populace, i may feel that way towards certain people for personal reasons mind you lol, but over all, no.. many are my loved ones are in that majority.

I too feel my upbringing had a lot to do with me never being too 'indoctrinated' Born in 1982, myself, parents and 2 older sisters all lived in a small cottage in, litterly the middle of nowhere, on top of a small mountain that the school bus wouldnt even attempt if it started to snow! so quite isolated..only 2 television channels which were rarely watched anyhow, as a tomboy in such an area i loved it, and was constantly out in nature, it was the place that always felt perfect to me, especially as a child with a childs eyes of wonder.. my family was litterly way below poverty lines.. my father (a man i greatly look up to to this day) would have probably been considered a 'medicine man' type years ago, very knowing of herbs, mushrooms, and wild crafting over all..he hunted the woods of upstate ny to feed us all.. he had huge gardens that also kept us fed..in ways better than rich people.. it was 'real' food i guess you could say.. but i grew up watching my parents, my father hunted and grew the food and my mother made it all into lovely meals.. canning fruits and veg in season kept us fed through winter months.. and we lived with very little.. but its the brightest time of my life, and i feel very lucky to have been able to grow up this way. My older sisters hated it though and were scratching to get away from the place since we moved there lol.. but i was in heaven!

I want to thank you all again for your thoughts and ideas, many have opened new perspectives for me. My time is up for right now, but will reply more as soon as i get the chance to return

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Hey Full_Vision,

Good to see you again!

I'll keep this short and sweet - only because I could go on for hours - but...

My belief is that we weren't trapped because we conciously acted on a choice. That choice was to see that we are in fact a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. Those folks who have chosen materialism have only done so because they haven't been able to change their perspective and see that, in fact, more exists outside of this body/vehicle.

Materalism appeals to the physical, and therefore limits the conciousness.
When I understood that our body is a way for us to gain experiences to benefit our true selves (our soul), then the grasp of materialism doesn't hold us anymore.

It really saddens me that the majority of this planet haven't woken up, but what outweighs this, is the fact that all of us here HAVE!!
I understand your questioning of us 'slipping through', but there really is no need to question it.
Maybe before you were in your body, you pre-arranged to experience the materialism for a set amount of 'time', so you could experience the freedom of saying no. This would add to the infinity of experiences that we all need to have.

Sorry...meant to keep it short!

Much love...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision

..why have we slipped through the net- so to say- of the lies and controls while the mass majority have become caught up in it?

So why have we escaped while others have become trapped?

We are a different breed, for sure. But how can you assume that we have escaped anything? It's ironic that you say we have "slipped through the net" when it could be that we are actually being trapped in a "net"---an inter-net. Nets are used for catching things, are they not? The masses are often referred to as the 'seas' and little fishes get caught in nets.

Since we are a minority, it would be much easier to pick us off in order to keep control over the obedient ones. They have our IP; our homes are GPS marked at the front doors. How difficult could it be to co-ordinate that information?

Why would TPTB go to so much trouble to ping locations if there weren't a plan? Don't you know what often happens to people who ask too many questions?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision

I too feel my upbringing had a lot to do with me never being too 'indoctrinated' Born in 1982, myself, parents and 2 older sisters all lived in a small cottage in, litterly the middle of nowhere, on top of a small mountain that the school bus wouldnt even attempt if it started to snow! so quite isolated..only 2 television channels which were rarely watched anyhow, as a tomboy in such an area i loved it, and was constantly out in nature, it was the place that always felt perfect to me, especially as a child with a childs eyes of wonder.. my family was litterly way below poverty lines.. my father (a man i greatly look up to to this day) would have probably been considered a 'medicine man' type years ago, very knowing of herbs, mushrooms, and wild crafting over all..he hunted the woods of upstate ny to feed us all.. he had huge gardens that also kept us fed..in ways better than rich people.. it was 'real' food i guess you could say.. but i grew up watching my parents, my father hunted and grew the food and my mother made it all into lovely meals.. canning fruits and veg in season kept us fed through winter months.. and we lived with very little.. but its the brightest time of my life, and i feel very lucky to have been able to grow up this way. My older sisters hated it though and were scratching to get away from the place since we moved there lol.. but i was in heaven!

You say that your upbringing could be a reason for your views and this could be true, although most of us on ATS have similar views in as much as we generally agree that there's something wrong in the world, although we must all have had very different upbringings.

From what you've written about yours, I can honestly say my upbringing was completely different to yours, although we are about the same age (1981 me). You were brought up in a very rural area with frugal posessions and in poverty. I on the other hand was brought up in the West Midlands, one of the most industrialised areas of the UK. I was 12 years old before I even knew what a tree looked like!

Also I would say I grew up in quite comfortable surroundings in a working-middle class family, although I was raised, along with my sister in a single parent family, after my mother died in 1985. One correlation, however would be that we were both encouraged by our father's to be independant and self aware and that we both have great respect for them.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
this whole thread reeks of narcissism. "oh we must be intelligent", "oh we must be a different breed", "others got caught up in lies"...how do you know others got caught up in lies? maybe it`s you people with fogged vision who cant see further beyond their own nose, who cant think beyond how epic they themselves are for being oh so different and so much more free in the thought department? from my own experience namely such people tend to be the ones with very inflexible thought processes. a school princess` thoughts are exactly in the mode of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join