It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Weren't We Trapped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

There is also no one more enslaved than one who grasps onto contractual statements as if they are metaphysical certainties. Chew on that. I am not picking on you, it is an evolution in my perspective at this time, and it helps me be, not contractually obligated to calcified insights.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It all comes down to intelligence.
Knowing how far to delve into conspiracies and knowing when it goes from conspiracy to fiction is key.

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Oh the "trap" has many levels.

These are the 4 major ones

Political Systems
Commercial/Economic Systems
Military Systems
Religious Systems

I agree with this. Supporting any military on Earth is ignorant. Religious = Ignorant. 2 party system = Ignorant. The list goes on. There are very very very few people that aren't netted by one of these. Few on this site even.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Excellent question poster. Here's an answer though not necessarily mine. Decide for yourself if you agree or not.

About a year ago I caught a Project Camelot interview with Dr. Pete Petersen. He's a very interesting man to say the least and you'll have to decide for yourself how much of what he says you believe.

According to Dr. Petersen while doing research on some type of medical device to be used as a diagnostic tool for doctors he discovered that it didn't work on 5% of the people he tested it on. Curious as to why, he discovered (according to him) that 5% of us are genetically different in a small but significant way than the other 95% of the population. This 5% holds true across all racial lines.

You can view the interview at the link above but to make a long story short one of the ways that this difference manifests itself in people who are in the five percentile group is that they are highly resistant to all known mind control techniques.

Depending upon your perspective 5% of us either have broken antennas or, as I prefer, 5% of us have antennas tuned to filter out certain signals. A wave trap if you will.

This is as good an explanation as I've been able to find. In fact, a good example of how this works would be found in the responses to this answer. Does it resonate or does it come across as absolute BS? Are you in the 5% or the 95% group?

In a round about way the Bible sort of confirms what Petersen says. The Bible says in 2nd Thessalonians 2:11 concerning the end times "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie..."

In Mathew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The Bible infers that in the end times most but not all will be deceived by what they see and hear. The inference is also that the few who are not fooled cannot be fooled.

Dr. Petersen believes this peculiar variation in genetics is the result of bioengineering performed by alien hands. My question would be "why"? Why would aliens need a small percentage of the earths' population immune to mind control let alone any other differences we may possess? The Bible is clear as to why this is so but as to an alien agenda the speculation is more problematic.

Why do some people "get it" while the vast majority placidly graze in blissful ignorance? The answers are arguable but the question highlights an indisputable fact- some of us do see what the others can't.

P.S. One of the highlights of the interview is when the obnoxious David Wilcox babbles so much esoteric nonsense that he has the good doctor on the verge of slapping him. The only thing that could have improved upon David's appearance in the video would have been if he'd been wearing a foil plated propeller beanie.

S&F for an excellent observation and question.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rougeskut
Our lives are to live and love, and not to slave away for others with the promise of a reward in the afterlife. This I believe with my entire being and fibre of my body.

This is one of the most honest and true statements I've seen on this site in years , Kudos

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Understanding is fruitless. Transcending is a sort of key. But so doing sort of means that we have to stop blaming the other. Notice the sort of's, BTW. Not rigid.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

for me that is not in my experience. it all depends on how much you are willing to let go.. how comfortable you are outside your safety zone. fear dictates our lives and fear dictated your response, sometimes you just have to man up

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You know I've never been very fond of sand. It's hot, gets stuck in between my toes, and I can never get it out of my ears after I've stuck my head in it.

Here's to another day. Be well, and may love find it's way into your very essence.

recycled

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just remember we are in good company as all of our great leaps forward in history have been because some group or individual challenged the status quo! From Jesus to Newton to Columbus to the American founders to Tesla and everyone in between and since. They were seen as rebels, outcasts, and heretics etc. God bless the rebels!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A very good question, one without one answer we are all traped in our reallity in many ways. I dont think we are any more awakened then any other person out there, but I do belive that we each hold a different truth abouth live, brought abouth by our different paths in live. We havent escaped any trap or cage beause all live is a cage of our understanding. And understanding is our past present and future.

I cant answer why some stick to a certain political or social view, not because I dont know why but because I know why, its just different ways of living live. And some are so indoctrinated in to some they might as well have a sign around there neck, and some do have a tie for tying them up with. I was never a social kid I always skipped classes in school usually just stayed for some that I liked, and sometimes when they were in the morning and afternoon I would go in the morning skip the rest and come back for the afternoon classes. It doesent take a genius to know that something is wrong with some of the things they teach in class, nothing is writen in stone, no matter how much you believe they are, what we take for fact today will not be fact in the future.

There are definitely problems with the world, some try to understand them and some try to stick there heads in the sand and hope that when they pull it out it will be all better, who is right and who is wrong, its more like, everybody wants to be right, and no one wants to be wrong. I try not to take anything to serious, its just not healthy for you. But some things and people are so missguided, and set in there silly ideologies it would take a serious event like # hitting the fan to snap them out of it, some times its better to pass by and let them learn the hard way, even if it takes the whole world going to hell in a hand basket. But I could be wrong

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

As many of you have commented, i also felt that strange sense of discomfort as a child. As Morpheus said in the matrix " You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there". In early childhood i would often be overtaken by an overwhelming sense that something was coming...something intangible and nebulous. The feeling created an odd combination of ectasy and fear, terror and elation. I always knew there was something just beyond sight that was communicating to me, but i had not yet learned the language. As i moved through adolescence and adulthood, through all the strange experiences i had, psychotropic compounds, the altered states of consciousness...a picture began forming slowly...as i look back now, i realize so much of it was realted to choice. Not that i was preordained or predestined to these experiences, but that i kept choosing the ones that took me further into novelty. 4 years ago i read a book, that forever altered my perceptions and experience of reality. That book was Bringer's of The Dawn by Barbara Marciniak...i can't explain how i felt after reading it, some things in life can't be told, as they transcend thought. But it rang so deeply in me, shook me so much, that almost overnight i re-mebered. What did i remember? i can't say really. though i have a sense that many people on this website have had similar experiences of awakening. in short, i "re-membered" my "Self". and then understood multidimentionality...For those who don't know the book...it's about, the alternate history of the planet, humanity, it's creation, who the old gods were...and why they came here. and it's about the emerging new consciousness the planet is in the birth throws of creating...and much much more. Many people here on this site degrade the idea that life on earth was catalyzed by other intelligent life forms...and many accept that idea as fact. My feeling is this...the reason so many are still asleep is because this reality has been engineered to keep people asleep...through very powerful and subtle methods of frequency control...the frequencies are all around us and in us...in our thought constructs, in our language, in our religions, through television, and even within our genetic structure...the self imposed limitations of our thinking. Each of us takes the limits of our own field of vision for the limits of the world...which equates to, what i do not do myself, or do not understand, is somehow not real or does not happen. and in that way, many of us imprison ourselves. i strongly feel that we all share the same potentials, have access to the same information, are the same consciousness...it's choice, many don't yet know they have a choice to be any differenet than they are. will we collectively awaken from the mass delusion of separation, anxiety, scarcity, violence, vengence, hatred, intolerance, greed and madness?. ah the best is yet to come. As Geothe said..."we need not look in mental institutions for deranged minds! this planet is the mad house of the universe".
please forgive this long rambleing reply

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

just had to say...i loved that moment as well in the video where Wilcox spouts off, and Peterson just looks at him as if he were about to backhand him...honestly though peterson was a little testy! very smart fella though.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You bring up a good point and I have pondered this myself. I think we have been allowed to progress this far for multiple reasons:

* It is a "real-time" human experiment involving unwitting subjects, as was started in the early 70's under MKultra and we are just giving them data as to how we behave and therefore how to control us.

* There is an ultimate goal that these projects are working towards. The creation of a new world order, which would imply a new kind of human- bringing me to my third point....

*The "PTB" are crapping their pants over an alien threat and their only hope of defending this rock is to mutate and crossbreed the "best" humans into a fighting/cultural force that can stand up to these alien forces that seek to change the future and destiny of this planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe. Just maybe. We haven't.

I think one should be very careful not to stumble just before the finishing line.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Great Thread!

I like to think that we are old souls reincarnated at this time 2 help bring about an evolution in human consciousness (Love/compassion).

Often I wonder if this is all going as planned. Think about it....if we are all souls and we all have different levels of consciousness.

Maybe mankind is living in this nightmare known as duality for a reason. How could a spiritual being know all there is to learn about good and evil without experiencing it? Kinda like death, until you have a close family member die you could never imagine the feelings associated with it. You had to experience it.

This madness we see is awakening more and more people every second and until this madness touches some people personaly they will simply ignore it.

Life experience pushes us toward the truth, sadly for some the truth that "nothing but Love matters" is only realized on there death beds. For some it may take thousands of life times to come to this realization. Material items mean nothing at your time of death. Those you Love and those you wronged will be your dying thoughts.

This is the perfect storm needed to awake the masses to the truth of the human experience. We can view the world through positive eyes or we can let the dark side consume us in fear and dread. I prefer the positive!

I don't plan on stopping my quest to know the Truth.

Just my thoughts at this time...may change tomorrow.

PEACE!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe that if you look at a great number of the people on this post, you will find quite a number of misfits, and I say this as a compliment. I was a teacher for 32 years and took a lot of young misfits under my arm and supported them for their uniqueness. This of course made me an enemy of the state, (school systems), and often some parents. I was the subject of witch hunts for a better term, but survived my years there and thank God I am free. You would not believe how all of us are forced to conform.

One of you mentioned that we are perhaps out here to bring changes and I would agree. The danger here is not to buy into the negative other than to recognize it for what it is. But to talk and think the positive, for in the quantum universe, we are the people whom will change our own world. I have researched and talked to a number of people and found there is a general awaking as to our own power to manifest our own future and destiny. This power if used properly can change the world into a new time line. Over and over I hear people young and old say, I have a job to do, the world is or will be changing. I for instance have been doing a mental a exercise, which was difficult to learn, and now all people whom come into my home do it automatically with no practice, how?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
From my perspective the answer is simple, I go my own way - and I don't care if I travel alone. From my observation - this description fits quite a few ATS members.

When people approach me with their 'group think', or 'commonly accepted views', well - that just annoys me - I may as well be listening to a parrot or a recording.

As far as expression is concerned, I am going to say what I'm going to say - I don't care if you kill me for it, because what I say and think is what I am - to compromise it, is to compromise my existence.

I don't need anyone's approval - I approve of what I say and think, to me - that's the only approval I will ever need.

Some people say they are frustrated because others 'don't get it'.

Communicating the concepts discussed on ATS may require people to relinquish cherished beliefs, most peoples reality is grounded on beliefs - so in effect you are trying to get them to accept 'fantasy' as reality.

People need to be curious enough to open their own minds. If you want to influence people - try to appeal to their sense of curiosity or mystery - if they don't have one - then I'm out of idea's

Personally I am not a bunch of beliefs - I am a bunch of observations and experiences, enmeshed by theoretical models that enhance understanding of these observations and experiences. Models are always receptive to more data or revision - beliefs are not.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Amagnon]

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think it definitely must be dna. Perhaps some of our families have been exposed to media, chemicals(like flouride which calcifies the petuitary gland), etc, more than others. And through the generations, it has led some of us to be more indoctrinated from birth than others.
Or, what is probably more plausable, is that some of us possess a gene leaving us unaffected by such tomfoolery. Because, although I`ve never met or heard anything about my biological father, my mother always knew that "things were not as they seemed", and even my dad(the man who raised me since birth), used to always be interested in the paranormal and occult(literally "that which is hidden") and sometimes conspiracies. For some unfortunate reason, he is among the many who have spun Christianity into a way of putting blocks in his mind so as to not have to deal with or cope with certain stressful things. I guess some people get too frightened when they begin to realize things. I am Christian and believe in conspiracies and am interested in all kinds of things. Nothing is "off limits" to my mind. I`m bot afraid to talk about sex or drugs I`ve done(or continue to use). I don`t believe in a 6000yr old universe as one clueless chap predicted, and I am vastly interested in astronomy and all kinds of science. And I don`t believe Noah had every animal on Earth in the ark, there are other explanations for why such a story appears in the Bible. Anyway there are lots of things I`m not going to go into that make me different than most Christians. But I know there are others like me out there. Partly in thanks to this site.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I think the reason was that something woke us up that we couldn't deny. For me it was Hacking Democracy and the Bush-JFK connection, then the fema camps and graves and shackle trains and windowless buses and the revelation that the Nazis were actually
American businessmen high up in the American govt, then everything kind of fell into place like 911 etc. The public shuts you down because they don't want to know anything bad so you give up tring to get through to them and spend your time here with people who know what you are talking about and will listen. I don't think we have slipped through any cracks. It's is just that people will open up when they will be listened to. The ptb wants to isolate everybody to make them feel helpless and alone. The founding fathers at least had a free press, or were able to print up fliers to communicate with each other

[edit on 16-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read the opening post and just had to reply before I read what everyone else had to say. I have often thought about this subject.

I believe it is a number of factors: intelligence, big picture thinking, innate intuition, and quantifiable psychological attributes.

There was a book I read in the early nineties called something like "The nine American Lifestyles" (lost the book along time ago). It was written by the advertising community. It was a very large study developed for marketing purposes; such as what subtype of society buys the most Cool-Whip (blue collar Midwest) or buys red sporty low end type sports cars (young city dwellers, moderate income). The study was ultimately able to come up with nine subtypes of society. What was fascinating was that last one percent of society that could not be classified. They were called the integrals. The gist of the integrals was they were highly individualistic and made decisions through their buying power that did not fit any subset at all. We are them. We buy Cool Whip, buy cheap disposable razors, but we prefer good wine and maybe Honda Civics over Volvos.. The book went on to theorize these were the lead dogs of society that refused to follow societal norms. Groundbreakers.

A couple of years later I became familiar with The self-directed search by John Holland. Its often used for vocational guidance in the Freshman year of college. Its an aptitude questionnaire that divides your answers into six subsets. You then go look up your code (top 3 categories in descending order) in this huge 450 page phone book sized book of occupation listings. I was surprised when I looked up my code. It was a page and a half! Further reading showed my unique makeup represented less than .002 percent of the population. What set this subtype apart was the ability to take seemingly unrelated minutia and insert it into the framework of the bigger picture giving that type the ability to see a macrocosm that most are just not meant to comprehend.

While the above two examples seem almost superior or arrogant lets take a look at the next example. One I'm guessing many can relate to. The miniscule percentage at the bottom of the bell curve, any bell curve have found each other on ATS. That lonely percentage that doesn't graph out with the majority. I'm guessing alot of us just don't REALLY fit in mainstream society. We try to blend but are usually noticed as different quite early on. How many have been told: you're too sensitive or asked do you have to analyze everything? or my favorite, Does every little thing really matter? Not that we don't have friends, relationships, etc. Just that others know we are different.

Maybe that is the reason we constantly question the universe. We are pack animals by nature. Do we constantly vaccilate between trying to round out our puzzle pieces to JUST FIT while also taking great pride in our own individuality. Are we forever on a quest down the rabbit hole to just understand the rules of being human.... Or are we just doing what we are innately wired for and "plowing the road"?

[edit on 16-3-2010 by S1J1A1]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision

The question is this: Why. Why have people such as ourselves on this site, those who are free thinkers, who question our so called reality and the world around us..why have we slipped through the net- so to say- of the lies and controls while the mass majority have become caught up in it?

Friend, it isn't so much that we have slipped thru the net; in part it is a cumulative event, different for each of us, dictated by life events that altered our perceptions enough to question the programming and then, as we discovered that the facts didn't add up, we looked closer and questioned even more.

Some (myself included) have felt since early childhood that something just wasn't... right in the world..most often even before we had any real understanding of politics or belief systems in general..
Everyone living on Earth at this point in time, has, in various ways depending on the time frame each person grew up in, had social indoctrination since birth via media (be it news papers, radio or television), the schooling systems etc..

There have been many different things pointed out over time that may have some bearing on this, things such as IQ, blood type, and several more; in the elementary grades 1 thru 3 people of my generation(early 60's) were taught first and foremost to be inquisitive, to think about and examine, and to reason, stimulated to find our own answers; but this is also contradictory to the programming of conformity, of accepting what we were taught, and of following the rules; yet those that could think outside the box, that dared to look past the accepted norms, are also the group that initiates change and advancement.

So why have we escaped while others have become trapped? I guess thats the real question I am trying to get at. From upbringing to DNA differences/changes, I would very much like to hear your ideas on this..
Thanks in advance,
Tessa Lynn

In my view, it is because we are ready for change; that we as a species are ready to go to the next level, and that more and more of the relentless programming is becoming ineffective; part of it I attribute to circumstance; i have had well water to drink for 47 years now; no chloride, no flouride; over the years we raised a fair amount of our food;
for others, I cannot say; but for many years now I have sought answers to the questions as my perception of the spin has grown, and it is also tied to the spiritual;

perhaps we are here to make a difference, to aid our fellow travelers as they begin to also awaken, to see that, really, we don't need money, we don't have any reason to segragate and seperate because of frivoulous ideals, that we are all one people, and need to start living not just for ourselves, but for each other.

seeker

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join