It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS- FORUM REJUVENATION##

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The 911 forum used to be a venue for positive collaboration and research. It has delved into a derisive forum with little research, petty name calling and no validity to members and visitors that would like to discuss/read this issue in an adult manner.

We have gotten many complaints and observations from members that they would like to post in this forum but don't because of fear of being attacked by either side of this issue or both. This is going to come to an end. The staff has discussed this and we are going to rejuvenate this forum for ALL members.

To accomplish this the staff is going to implement a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards anything insulting or derisive. We have done this in the past:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.... ALL MEMBERS READ!

It has become apparent to Owners of ATS, (Simon Gray, SkepticOverlord and me, Springer) this forum is slipping into the dark pit of petty name calling and derisive commentary on fellow Members with opposing view points.

This ENDS NOW.

This forum is on "Strict Terms and Conditions of Use ENFORCEMENT" until further notice.

"Strict Enforcement" means:
Any Member lowering themselves to name calling, no matter how innocuous, will be red tag warned on the spot, no questions asked.

Any Member who, after receiving a red tag warn in this forum, commits another breach of the TAC will be post banned on the spot, no questions asked.

One warning is all you get before being post banned.

Any posts, replies or new threads, that are about Member personalities instead of the issues will be red tag warned and deleted.

The concept of this forum is to try to dig through the myriad theories "out there" and discuss/debate their value and see if some light can be shed upon the many conflicting ideas and reports being bandied about.

If you feel you are about to post ANY form of negative comment about another Member, go take a walk and calm down. If you think you are superior in intillect to another Member and therefor need to "correct" that Member, you may need to go find another forum to preach in.

Consider this post "fair warning" this forum is getting cleaned up.

Springer
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

[edit on 4-20-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Springer]

However we are at this point again. The staff will be using the guidelines above but will not be limited to them. That includes permanent bans. Some will think that they can do whatever they want anyway and just reregister. This also will come to an end. The staff is aware of these members and we have cut them slack in the past. No more. These people's accounts will be Ban On Sight(BOS). This forum WILL be for ALL MEMBERS again. The choice is yours as to how this rejuvenation goes.

Now there will be those that will ask for clarification of what isn't to be posted in an effort to obfuscate. I'll make this easy. If you wouldn't say something to your Grandmother in church on Sunday, beside her minister, with God himself looking through the window, don't post it here.

The members have spoken, the staff has listened and this time it's going to be different. We have a staff member task force who will be giving this forum dedicated attention.

THESE ACTIONS GO INTO EFFECT MONDAY MARCH 15th

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting that ATS would pick the Ides of March a most auspicious day indeed for this long over due initiative.

Just a thought but changing the name from Forum to Senate might drive the point home a little more?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

To accomplish this the staff is going to implement a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards anything insulting or derisive. We have done this in the past:

Shouldn't this rejuvenation apply to all forums?

Just curious.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

To this extent? No.

OK, if anyone is doubting if we are serious, see the banned members above.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
so happy to see this. sometimes im reluctant to post things on any part of ATS because i dont want to be ridiculed or insulted...im really glad to see this, thanks!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I look forward to the changes.

I spent a lot of time in 911 threads , and was spending less lately.

I never oppose different views, but being called a liar , over and over .

Wasn't worth it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer.

IMO, it is a great move and yes, I notice that you are serious.

Look forward to participating in the forum.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
While it is sad that it came to this point, it is nice to see that perhaps something will change.

It would be nice to have the forum members creating an environment in which debate and research and investigation and questions, rather than fighting and divisiveness is the norm.

Look forward to spending more time here, now.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Awesome, this will force people with opposite views to finally exercise a little respect if they choose to post on ATS regarding 911 (a subject more heated than the religion it seems).

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You know, if any other members are going to mock this policy the way that other guy (banned) did above by posting some cute, last minute insult, you might want to think twice. Pretty stupid to lose a membership to the whole site here over a policy that ATS is justified in initiating in one problematic forum.

Remember, you won't get into trouble ridiculing the Official Story, but you will if you ridicule or insult members. I can think of a few who will likely be banned soon, unless they take this initiative seriously and cease their attacks on other members.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've been lurking for awhile but joined today after reading this thread.
Maybe be able to post replies without being bombarded by trolls....
Great site and great response to a REAL issue.....

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Very cool.

It seems like the majority of the forums on the internet are just accepting trolling these days.

I realize dealing with it can be overwhelming, especially when the heated subjects are the most discussed, but I think it only worsens because it isn't dealt with properly.

I'll be sure to keep the policy in mind at all times, I know I can get a bit heated, but childish satisfaction isn't worth a ban.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I hear you Sean , that Forum has turned Nasty in recent weeks . Let's hope these new Rules somehow seperate the Wheat from the Chaff from now on ........................Bravo !

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Big thanks to all the moderators and ATS, I have stayed away from that forum for obvious reasons, I know the hard work it takes as I have been a moderator in the past, I am very impressed with all do.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Very good news. I might add a policy to prohibit simple 'Monty Python Argument Clininc' replies, such as:

I make a point (possibly with a supporting link)

>>Prove it. They never said that.

Point 2... The sky is blue

>> No its not.

etc etc

that was the main weapon of the paid debunkers - not only insults but fill the posts with pages and pages of useless contradictions.

I would like to see some sort of policy aginst what is effectively spam.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A Time To Move On

Those who were with us last time may remember:

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS##

I remember. There are also many, many other previous initiatives over the years, and the problem remains the same.

In light of the fact so much effort has been made to ensure members know the rules, anyone who hasn't figured out by now how to post properly in our forums probably never will.

For them, this may be considered last call.

For everyone else, your patience, cooperation and assistance (please be sure to ALERT posts that violate the rules and NEVER respond by violating the rules yourself) will, as always, be appreciated.

P.S. Fair warning: we don't need to wait until March 15 to take action. The rules always apply to everyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

That is the first post ban.

We are not joking people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join