It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 2012, go to the source, and listen to Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. I'm going to sit in my house with my gun waiting for anybody to do anything crazy. 80% of the world is going to feel very stupid the next day. Remember Y2K?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

2012! well as its one of your threads iamonlyhuman and i like your style and your avy i shall read the lot, yes just little more than a one liner to give you some kudos, actully i add you as a friend too and what the heck have a star. stealthy~

You aren't very picky about your friends are you?

Just kiddin'.. thanks..

Oh, and

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
well 3 days of darkness? sounds like time for some serious hands in the air rave up!

I like your style too...

[edit on 14/3/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Ah, so thats the tale of the 3 days of darkness, it occurs during the calendar rollover. Now that would be special.

Whats also interesting is a similar story reported by the ancient Egyptians, but in their report they had 3 days of Sun. The Egyptians said the tides changed and the Nile ran backward. The Sun would dip low in the sky but never set and then rise again.

So I guess where ever you are during this time, you would either get 3 days of dark or 3 days of light.

I assume the only thing strong enough to tilt the earth like that would be the galactic core. So it takes about 3 days to move through its influence.

Now if the earth tilted, wouldn't that cause massive earthquakes worldwide because of plate/fault stress and slippage? The Mayan and Egyptian reports I read never mentioned any earthquakes, but they may have neglected to report that detail if their area didn't experience any problems.

Erm, the tilt of the earth makes a difference of hours of light/dark (except at the poles where it can be months). In order to get days of light or dark in non polar regions would require the earth to stop spinning!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
he is a shaman right? im not exactly sure how this 'elders' system works, what exatcly makes him so credible on 2012? sorry to the OP if im sound like im bashing the thread,i read it but i dont really understand his qualifications if you will.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I hate to say it like this, but you are very wrong.

The poles have extended periods of light and dark due to their orientation toward the sun. If you were to keep the Earth spinning like it does now, but tilt it more towards the sun, during the tilted period, some areas would see the sun rise and set similar to how it does in the poles. These periods are months of the sun "not quite setting completely" so it feels like one really long wavering day.

There are only a few possible ways this could happen, most of which have already been pointed out on this thread. The one that comes to mind first for me is a planetary body moving very close to Earth as it "passes through" and tugs on us just enough to change orientation but not permanently. This would be a similar effect as passing a magnet close to a compass; it will temporarily align with the stronger magnet until it is no longer under it's influence. The only two things mentioned historically and given any credence so far is a sister star to the Sun that has died and became a brown dwarf that we revolve around on longer cycles, or Nibiru, both of which we would know about by now and I personally don't think are related to this. If I had to choose, a Nemesis or sister star that burned out would be my guess.

The laws of physics tells us that if the planet stopped spinning, everything on it would cease to live due to the forces involved, and forget about gravity and flying off the surface... that is not how the law of gravity works. It would be unfathomable what that would be like, but it certainly isn't impossible, just highly improbable.

Great thread... Would love to see what Phage has as a theory on this. 60-70 hours of no sun is hard to put a good scientific theory around and as such, is a good challenge for those who can appreciate such an inquiry.

Regardless of outcome, I'm looking forward to what comes.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Is it the same sun or a different sun?

This notion is very interesting and seems "encrypted."
If the stars and heavens shift from above us, we all may find ourselves in a completely new dimension. Remember how we're all one? Suddenly we might all find ourselves in the same corporeal body, awakened but saddened that the illusion ended early. We will still be ONE, though.

If it is the same sun, we may find that we have made it through the dark times and there is something worth saving and continuing on earth. It truly is up to us to make sure we like it here enough to want to stay. So far humanity has kept earth going for quite some time, this "choice" may be the hardest one yet however. Either way, we must continue to build the temple. Inner and Outer.

If we are all one, like it is very widely known, imagine if we all came back together and were not so disjointed from ourselves.....

food for thought

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
3 days of dark for the entire planet would be easier to explain than 3 days of light; especially for a region near the equator like Egypt. If Egypt experienced 3 days of light, there must've been a bright comet slowly passing by, an unlikely shift in the poles, or some very powerfull drugs being used.
I've read that our solar system will be passing thru the center plane of the galaxy, and that may have some unknown and unpredictable effects, but there couldn't be anything that would block the sun for 3 days. Our solar system would have to intersect with something else, and then there would need to be something incredibly massive or incredibly close to earth to block the the sun.
The moon can mostly block the sun at rare times but that is because it is relatively near to earth; perspective.
If any large body entered the solar system in the past; say 5200 yrs ago, it would have wreacked havoc with gravity and orbits of planetary bodies, the asteroid belt, and such, and thus left behind evidence of it's passing.

Add: I guess a 4th option for 3 days of light would be the Earth stopped spinning. I'm pretty sure if that happened, there would be global catastrophy occuring. The earth would stop, but the atmosphere probably wouldn't, and if it kept moving at the speed of the current rotation of the earth (aprox 1100 mph), bye bye everything.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Seventy hours of darkness, approximately three days. Made me immediately think of the prophecy of Blessed Anna Maria Taigi.

"God will send two punishments: one will be in the form of wars, revolutions and other evils; it shall originate on earth. The other will be sent from Heaven. There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three days and three nights. Nothing can be seen, and the air will be laden with pestilence…"

In her prophecy this will be followed by the sun rising upon a newly made, purified world.

Theres more than a hint of similarity here.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Some of you act like you want a reason to be anxious. Well, be anxious then!!!! Holy jumping Jesus!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
It will appearantly be "Doom and Gloom" for some people, especially the ones who are devoted to this morally and spiritually broke Western, male and capitalistic civilization. If this priest is correct, this will be an amazing cosmic event that will trigger a major shift in the world, and I can only see hope out of it.

Well, yeah, it's going to cause panic. That you can bet on. Western culture has assured that.

Look, we, western civilization, live in a fear based society. Everything is "doom and gloom" or "woe is me." Everything. It's rather sickening, really.

Anyway, I just hope that whatever happens, it brings some kind of change. All I see at the current time is pretty #ty.... And I am being generous by even giving the current state of affairs that much credit.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj

omg dont make me laugh

this one was paid to act this part..come on

Mr Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj didnt know how to read mayan text and now he comes walking in mayan ruin with his costume of wizard of oz

rememeber what we now know about the mayan culture is all thanks to the effort to understand how to read their alphabeth nothing more nothing less , no one knew a damn thing..no not even modern mayan themselves

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

"For if god and the heavens should vanish... the evil of man shall burn like a roaring blaze" 3 days of darkness... sounds like a horror movie... can't wait to see how people would react... Maybe it will teach us not to take so many things for granted... like the sun for instance... we take it for granted every day of our lives... let's see how long we last without it... i bet we'll learn to appreciate each other after this... or stand up for truth instead of settling for what we are fed as human beings... all i have to say is the book of revalations tells us everything that is to happen during these times... and it tells us exactly how we are to deal with it and so far we as a people haven't been doing a good job... this could signify something in the people of the world as a whole... this alone could cause so much evil to be unleashed that it's rediculous... god did not creat evil... for evil is only the absence of god... as darkness is nothing more than the absence of light. get the analogy?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Are you guys serious? Don't you remember how foolish you looked after Y2K?

Why would you want that again? Nothing is going to happen. You people don't know a damned thing about the Mayans yet you believe because their calender ended when they were wiped out the date they had last worked on marks the end of the world? a spiritual ascension? If the Mayans were so smart why aren't they here today to tell you about it? Study that.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

are you guys serious? Don't you remember how foolish you looked after Y2K?

Oh c'mon, you're going to keep comparing a human made computer glitch to a once in a lifetime major galactic phenomenon ?

remember, we're hauling ass though space heading towards the center of the galaxy, we are going to pass right through some crazy stuff along the way, just look at some of the photos on the nasa site. How long do you expect everything to stay just peachy?

like he said, there is no exact date, but something has happened before, and will happen again.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you for this post.

So many people want doom. Makes me sick.

I had the opportunity many years ago to travel the mayan ruins and speak with a few locals regarding their views on 2012. They were much the same as described in this video.

Enough doom. Enough fear. It's going to be fine. The mother is rumbling, she is regenerating. Much is going to happen, but the earth is not going to explode and no one will need to go to their ark.

My tribal elders have spoken before about the 70 hours of darkness. This is something that has been foretold and experienced by our ancestors. It has happened before, and people went on. It will happen again, and people will continue to live. Nothing horrible is going to happen. And if you want doom so badly, you will manifest doom for yourself.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

omg dont make me laugh

Mr Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj didnt know how to read mayan text and now he comes walking in mayan ruin with his costume of wizard of oz

No my friend, he is a true mayan elder. There are many elders of their tribes there. Hun Batz Men is another one, a day keeper. They know their stuff. Make fun of their clothes, but that's not what makes the person. No need to make fun of something you can't understand. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand
he is a shaman right? im not exactly sure how this 'elders' system works, what exatcly makes him so credible on 2012? sorry to the OP if im sound like im bashing the thread,i read it but i dont really understand his qualifications if you will.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

Because these teachings have been passed down to them from their elders, and then from their elders and so on. They keep their stories and teachings alive. He is a shaman, but they do not call themselves such. A true shaman does not go by that title.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

omg dont make me laugh

rememeber what we now know about the mayan culture is all thanks to the effort to understand how to read their alphabeth nothing more nothing less , no one knew a damn thing..no not even modern mayan themselves

Why would anybody star this comment? Come on - deny ignorance? Not on ATS.

Anyway from one Malteser to another, please don't make such negative comments when, honestly, you no not what you are speaking.

Can you prove he is an actor? Do we really know NOTHING of the Mayan culture? Did Mayans NEVER pass down their cultural knowledge? Come on man...

A Mayan forgetting the type of history discussed here would be like a Malteser forgetting bout Malta's role in WW2... You know as well as i do that your grandfather would NEVER let you forget bout that....

The information we're being given here is that which should be taken very seriously.

We arrogantly think we know it all - we are but one step removed from thinking the world is flat.

Time for the world to open its mind, do some serious research and change its thinking.

We must step outside of our concrete box and test our own limits. Its more important than anyone thinks.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by srsen]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
Are you guys serious?

a spiritual ascension? If the Mayans were so smart why aren't they here today to tell you about it? Study that.

Maybe because they "spiritually ascended?"

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Here is a copy of my post from another thread on the same subject;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

....I would just like to say that whilst not dismissing any of the Mayan Prophecies I would like to question why so many people put so much faith in a people that practiced human sacrifice to appease their gods and despite allegedly having some mythical knowledge of advanced technology they were ultimately no match for a small band of Spanish Conquistadors.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join