It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 2012, go to the source, and listen to Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's interesting to me, the replies.
Some assume nothing will happen. Others, something, but what?
And then everyone looks to science to provide an explanation of exactly how the earth could come to be dark for 3 days, stating what we know about the earth's core, rotation, the solar cycles, the auroras, ect.

What if, it just happens?
And no one - but no one - can figure out why?

And people finding themselves at a loss for explanation, believe in the Gods again? And THAT is the start of a new era.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Let's put it this way: Even if the Spanish explorers hadn't found the Mayan calendar, the earth is going to cross the galactic plane anyway.
I've read that this will expose our planet to radiation.
Still, it will be interesting to see what really happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
But have we not just entered a dust field or flux field recently .which is magnetic , maybe it has a very dense area we have to traverse increasing in magnetism or gravity starting 2010,2011 peaks 2012 we starting to emerge 2013,2014.

just thinking allowed

[edit on 3/14/2010 by dashar]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ok let's get this straight. He says there will be 3 days of darkness and makes reference to the earths axis. So it seems like he's referring to a pole shift. Pole shifts take roughly 7000 years to complete and so for it to cause 3 days of darkness it would have to be a very fast shift. If that happens then the entire world would be in complete chaos as the oceans shift. Then he says there's nothing to worry about and the doom and gloom prophecies are all rubbish. What!?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I can't think of any plausible scenario that would cause a total eclipse of the sun for 3 days. If anyone else can, I'd like to hear it (someone credible not "Nibiru will slow approach and blot out the sun because I said so") Why do people take things so literally and accept the first thing they hear as fact.

The Sun could simply turn off for a period of three days after a huge Sun storm. I remember some physicist speaking about that. Can't remember if it was Michio Kaku or other. But according to this one I've heard he said it's a plausible scenario to have the Sun becoming dark (switching off) for a certain period of time until it re-ignites.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

the 3 days darkness...

What I've heard along is that during these 3 days earth would absorb all the prana (life energy) from the surface.
so it's not exactly like safe those 3 days.

if you panick, if you're scared, you're basically gone in a minute.

meditation might be the solution. Will you hold it for 3 days without fear ?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Exactly.
If the earth's axis were to shift, the earth's mass would have to shift with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Hahaha, exactly. If it wasn't a date of any significance in terms of changes they would probably not consider it the end of a era or even their calendar to begin with.

Nobody knows... that's the only fact.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If its not end of earth then its end of modern civilization or beginning of the end of civilization- e.g no oil, no water, drought, end of economies, war, natural disasters as you see it its happening = new beginning Satya Yuga or the Golden age may be its my guess as modern civilization is based on false grounds as we are all liars or made to lie see the famous historians, politicians, doctors are all liars.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Exactly. There are no authentic Mayans alive today. People claim to be ancestors, and they are indirectly. That doesn't automatically make them an expert on Mayan prophecies.

Just sayin'.

There are several surviving Mayan blood lines in central and south Mexico. I didn't think there were any as well till I took a trip this past week to Tulum and went to the Myan ruins.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by St Udio
In recent weeks i've read theories where the sun itself 'unwinds' its own
magnetosphere in 11,000 year cycles...perhaps when the Suns magnetic fields 'unwind' .

That's an interesting theory. Can you give any links to any of these? I'd love to read them...

dear Iamonlyhuman,

the only part of my reply i actually read in the presentation was just what i reduced my quote to : "the Suns' magnetic fields become so twisted in 11,000 year cycles, the Sun needs to unwind itself..."
All the rest is speculation on my part.

i don't really have the 'Link' to the actual essay with graphics,
but i know it was with the half past human.com site
there's gotta still be some hyperlink on their website to the presentation
(i sorta think that some weeks ago [nov/dec], i linked the page on some thread with a topic on the Sun in 2012) but i cant be sure as i went away for almost 6 weeks to attend to other tasks---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, that wasn't hard...

www.halfpasthuman.com...

[edit on 14-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
I've been down there several times on vacation and what I found interesting is just how many Mayan priest and priestesses there are. They all have an interesting yet different interpretation of the Mayan prophecies as related to the Mayan calender and they all want money.

Funny I never encountered one elder in the village I visited in Tulum that wanted money. Maybe I just didn't visit the tourist destinations.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by hippomchippo

He'd have a hell of a lot better idea than Western culture does. Yeah? I mean, after all, the Mayans ARE HIS CULTURE!!!

Yes but you have to realize how much of their culture was wiped out, to the point where I doubt the modern mayans are anything close to the ancient ones, I'm not saying we understand it more, i'm saying we might understand it less, but they certainly don't know all about it.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
3 days of darkness at that latitude at that time of year would require a rotational slowing.
So great of one that it would only be guess work at the forces need to accomplish not only the slowing itself but exerted within and on the planet itself.
Plate shifts seem probable, gravitational influence seems possible, but chaos seems certain, especially to an unaware population.
There's enough ancient texts from all over written about it to simply dismiss it as myth, it would be equal to people finding our writings centuries from now and saying we were primative and knew nothing as well.
Something is up, what it is, if known, should be shared.
But then if it was shared, it would loose its power, to those that hold the information and empower the world, and we know by now, it just doesnt work that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I've heard someting like this before, 3 days of darkness then the sun rose in the west. The best explaination for this would be the earth slows its spin, stops, then a couple of days later starts to revolve the other way. This would cause the sun to rise in the west. There is something along these lines in revelations 8:12

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I believe the reason why it will go dark is due to the Golden Nebula that our solar system is drifting towards, it will block out the sun for 3 days. There is no exact date be the cloud expand and contracts. However, it is a electrical magnetic cloud, so don't expect the power grids and satellite to function.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by amfirst]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
I've heard someting like this before, 3 days of darkness then the sun rose in the west. The best explaination for this would be the earth slows its spin, stops, then a couple of days later starts to revolve the other way. This would cause the sun to rise in the west. There is something along these lines in revelations 8:12

Let's consider the physics of this...exactly how much energy would an external force necessitate in order for this to happen? Is there any known celestial body that has the potential to exert such force on Earth that it reverses it's rotation? If so, what?

I'm no physicist, so I'll let the experts chime in.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
The old man sais "we would be inside" therefore darkness for X time; now, i know nothing about astronomy but the only way this could happen is if the earth stoped spinning, so if this could happen i guess we all would be experiensing different consequences on diferent parts of the world. The Mayan made a fire and let it burn for X days..in egytp it was three days of light...maybe somewere else there was earth quakes and tsunamies etc= atlantis and noah arch and so on.
Is it possible earth stops when passing the galactic equator?

No wonder some very powerfull people are buying land in some specific areas of latinamerica!

If the earth just stopped spinning, we'd all be flung into outerspace. The only thing keeping us grounded is centrifugal force on this massive rock. It's like being in a car traveling 70mph, and coming to a sudden stop upon impact with a building. You're not going to stay in the car unless you've got a seatbelt on, you'll be all over the wall! We don't have a seatbelt large enough to stop us from the force of the earth spinning at 1,000's of miles per hour and suddenly coming to a stop.

Debunked.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

The influence of some other body passing in close proximity could cause this, now i'm not saying it's going to happen, i'm saying it might. I don't know whats lurking out there in the solar system other than the known 9 planets and the asteroid belt. No one does.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It will appearantly be "Doom and Gloom" for some people, especially the ones who are devoted to this morally and spiritually broke Western, male and capitalistic civilization. If this priest is correct, this will be an amazing cosmic event that will trigger a major shift in the world, and I can only see hope out of it.

And actually the science behind it totally makes sense. The Earth is gonna pass through the magnetic disk of our galaxy, disrupting the light from the sun, according to proven theories on how can electro-magnetism, at some frequencies, can bend light, distort it, to a point of blocking it. That would also explain why the poles are moving so fast these days, and the Earth magnetic field is doing insane things, as the Earth is approaching a major electro-magnetic counterweight.

Let's all get prepared for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join