It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For 2012, go to the source, and listen to Mayan Grand Elder Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It should be noted that this guy has a vested interest in confusing the date, or not being certain about the date, because when/if 2012 rolls by without a single change, the Mayan people may no longer be as relevant or popular as they are now. Part of the whole attraction to the Mayan people by many westerners, is their Calendar and the Mayan people earn a large portion of their income from selling souvenirs, including reproductions of that calendar. In other words, if 2012 rolls by without a hitch, the Mayan people, their culture and their symbolism won't be nearly as popular. That is of course unless they can somehow confuse the date and steer it away from one single point in the near future to an array of dates, flung out into the far future. This should give us a pretty good hint that even the Mayans don't have complete confidence that something, if anything might happen.

I personally think the Mayan and pre Columbian culture is extremely important and relevant, regardless of whether the Mayan Calendar has an accurate prediction of a specific change. Their civilization was still incredible and their culture was/is rich with unique aspects, not experienced by any others. I personally am not holding my breath for any change that will alter my current life, as predicted by the Mayan Calendar but I certainly won't dismiss it either. Sure it could happen and I'm not naive enough to think it is an impossibility. That Calendar has correctly predicted a lot of changes, though not Earth shattering from what we can gather, so I certainly can't say that there is not a single worry or intrigue that people should have. When we couple that with a few other variables, such as the weird behavior of our current sun and our erratic magnetic field, it leads a little more credence. I can say that there is much, much more to this calendar than what we claim to know, or even theorize about. I'm not saying it's magical or anything, but rather that it is very interesting and may shatter what we know about ancient technology or ancient civilizations.

Also, how much does this guy really know about his ancestors? Sure their is the oral history that I'm almost certain was passed down through myths and folklore but as far as any recorded history via writing and architecture, it seems that westerners might actually know more, since they both have access to this data and better resources to analyze it. Of course their could be that famous "hidden library" of golden texts in South America that some have spoken of or written about and the Mayan Elders just may have access to or be privy to such an unknown library, but I think the probability of that being the case is pretty slim. Not impossible but very minute.

My point to this post is that this guy has a vested interest in the outcome or accuracy of the Mayan Calendar's prophecy. You then have to question his actual knowledge or understanding of his forefathers to put a little weight in his claims. You can't really trust this source of information, since his "people" make a large portion of their income and popularity from this calendar and overall, their culture. The Mayans have been propelled to the forefront lately do this this calendar and so it has become a relative gravy-train for these wonderful people. While his take on it certainly is very interesting and I absolutely respect it, I'm not so sure that I have really gotten to take anything new away from his view-point. I'll prepare for it, but I won't expect it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...the Mayans developed a very precise calender that started many billions of years ago with the creation of the world, going through all the phases of civilization and technology then ending on a single day when all that will happen is an extra long night? I find that comical. That's like me planning my life around 2037 at 10:13 when i will blow my nose. Completely pointless and irrelevant not just for me, but everyone else as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The Mayan's have had the same story for centuries and op video tells that story. So why the movies/media push on the gloom and doom theories for Dec 12 2012; If you were planning to cause the world a ton of problems such as escalated war in the middle east or worse the best proven plan is to prepare the global mindset by piggy backing a “vision” or "prophecy" that supports your plans and then announce that prophecy globally with a ton of dis-info and then release your war leaving everyone impressed that the prophecy came true! The Christian Apocalypse is just another story being weaved into the matrix of propaganda. The average Joe has no clue beyond what cable news and mainstream media tells them so once the story is spun and the masses get wowed by the unfolding of prophecy they'll fall deeper into their reliance on the media and their "truth tellers". Social manipulationalists have been pulling these stunts for as long as there have been people to manipulate...
Most of the "conspiricies" on this site and throught the internet were started by these manipulative forces, using human nature against us by giving us the "secret truth" that there is special information that only a chosen few can know/believe and now that you "understand/ know/believe" this special information YOU are special while everyone who doesn't know it is "just sheep" and not special and once a person is bent into this shape they'll trumpet from the rooftops to "wake the world up" and even put their life on the line to do so.
So what is the truth? Evil people will do evil things, good people will do good things and evil will manipulate good every time they are needed or get in the way... Who are the evil people? Follow the money trail, they're there everytime...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I thought I should post some links to official sources since certain posters advised looking at the NASA website for info (although in the end is disputed what the people posted on the thread were leading me to believe).

I quite easily found the following two articles on NASA's website:

Nibiru and Doomsday - 2012 Q & A

In particular, I noted a poster on this thread saying we are approaching the galactice core and that we should have a look at NASA's website. However the NASA article said the following:

(Q/Misinfo)12. When the sun and the Earth line up on the galactic plane at the same time with the black whole being in the center couldn’t that cause something to happen, due to the fact that the black hole has such a strong gravitational pull.

There is a giant black hole in the center of our Milky Way galaxy, and like any concentration of mass it exerts gravitational force on the rest of the Galaxy. However, the galactic center is very far away, approximately 30,000 light years, so it has negligible effects on the solar system or the Earth. There are no special forces from the galactic plane or the galactic center. The only important force that acts on the Earth is the gravitation of the Sun and Moon. As far as the influence of the galactic plane, there is nothing special about this location. The last time the Earth was in the galactic plane was several million years ago. Claims that we are about to cross the galactic plane are untrue.

Anyway, it's a shame to see so much dis/misinfo on this thread with no-one disputing the science claims by various people. The other article on 2012 at the NASA website was:

The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare

I didn't like how the author abruptly ended the above article, but it was a pretty decent read otherwise.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Now I know why I am. I am to light the long night. Thank you for this post. I have just the way to enlighten the night, with 777 CU FT of magnesium shavings north east of Flagstaff AZ. When? I don't know yet.

More at www.myspace.com/torchofgod

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

My first post here,

Did anyone here know that Islamic oral traditions ( hadiths ) speak about the same event ?

I heard the Prophet (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)
say:
"The first of the signs will be the rising of the sun from the West, and the
emergence of the Beast in the forenoon. Whichever of the two comes
first, the other will follow immediately"
Then 'Abd Allaah, who was widely-read, said,
"I think that the first to happen will be the rising of the sun from the West. THE SIGNS BEFORE THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT
Every time it sets, it goes beneath the Throne, prostrates itself, and seeks permission to rise again. A time will come when three times it will seek permission and will receive no reply, until, when part of the night has passed and it realises that even if it were given permission, it would not be able to rise on time, it will say: 'O my Lord, how far the rising-point is from me! What can I do for the people now?' Then it will seek permission to go back, and it will be told: 'Rise from where you are now' - and it will rise from the West." Then 'Abd Allaah recited the Aayah: "No
good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before, nor
earned good (by performing deeds of righteousness) through his Faith."
[Ahmad] [6]

It says in a symbolic way that the sun will not rise for three days. ( The earth will be dark for 3 days, like the Maya said ) and after the period of darkness is over, the sun will rise from the west. ( Drunvalo Melchizedek says the same thing in his book the Flower of Life, that the sun rises from the west after 3 days of darkness )

PS : It's these hadiths about the end of times that make me believe in Islam. How could arabs living in the desert could know about such accurate event that would happen in the future ? Mayans are a great and old civilisation. But Mohammed didn't know how to read and write

Just my 2 cents!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

How about the earths core(1) rotate in to a new orientation influenced by some outside influence and this reorients the planet in much the same way gyroscopes are used to orient satellites.

(1)The earths core is hydrogen plasma according to me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join