It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Going On With Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have given this some thought lately, mainly due to my own behavior... or rather my own behavior has made me more aware of others. I started a thread recently about myself being angry more often, which is totally out of character for me. Funny thing is, after some observation, its not just me. I work in the public. I have recently witnessed a couple of co-workers go at each other, a man circle the building in which I work in his car, his middle finger sticking up in the air out his window flipping off everyone on the lot and inside. Upper management is at each other throats, friends are into it... people are snippy.
There seems to be more back biting going on, people just turning on each other. Why? Is it a feeling of doom perhaps everyone is tuned in to? Is it the economy? Have you been witness to these same things too? Do the people around you seem edgy? To be honest I can't explain my own mood swings lately, thats the scary part. I can feel it building...for no reason and I can control it , but it makes no sense to me.
I have also noticed through listening and friends posts on FB that more people seem to be having bad dreams. You know the kind that wake you from a deep sleep. I have had a couple lately too which is why maybe I have picked up on the conversations of others. Are we all over stressed? Your thoughts and observations are appreciated as this is truly bothering me.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Greenize]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have to agree with you at least from my own perspective. I have been feeling a lot of the same emotions lately. I just thought it had to do with my own life, work etc. Maybe it has to do with all the negativity everywhere we turn. It is in the media, it is in the movies and tv shows. The economy isn't helping things either. I guess with the state of the world today people have a difficult time staying positive so the opposite happens. With all this negativity it's no wonder people are manifesting anger in their lives.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Thank you for your reponse, and you make a very valid point. It does seem that everywhere you turn we are being blasted with negativity. It makes sense to me that this could be taking a toll on people.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I've felt alot better actually recently, but that's just me, alot of people I see seem to be more quick to make a racist hate quote behind someones back, more likely to be just flat out rude, and more likely to appreciate a lady gaga music video.

What's your life like? Are you having financial difficulties, family problems?

Sometimes when you buy a new car, you suddenly notice all the other cars that are like yours.....

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Ya I think I know what you mean.

Snippy?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thank you for you response!

My life is good, my finances are good. My husband and I are about to celebrate 25 years of marriage, we have a son in college and a bright and beautiful daughter. I can't explain why I feel as I do these days. Before anyone mentions menopause and such, I am only 42.
Not that that was necessary, just wanted to get that out of the way and my horomones are checked regularly due to thyroid issues...that aside now... as I said, I can not explain it. It hits me out of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Is someone close to you, or you interact with everyday, seem depressed or not themselves? Often the radiation of someone elses negative energy tend to rub off on people if they are close to them.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by Republican08

Thank you for you response!

My life is good, my finances are good. My husband and I are about to celebrate 25 years of marriage, we have a son in college and a bright and beautiful daughter. I can't explain why I feel as I do these days. Before anyone mentions menopause and such, I am only 42.
Not that that was necessary, just wanted to get that out of the way and my horomones are checked regularly due to thyroid issues...that aside now... as I said, I can not explain it. It hits me out of nowhere.

Well good for you, maybe the near perfection of your own life has given you time to relax and perhaps even take in recognition of the torment surrounding the people around you.

Could just be noticing others now that you may recently be unconcerned with yourself.

I'm not surprised though, times are tough these days, sure people are at each others throats! I even cussed my boss out today over a lack of a raise and quit my job...... before the door I got the raise and much much more

Don't let people bring you down, their all backstabbing people, just breathe in and be happy with the fact that your life is ok! Sounds good, and I am really glad it is going well!!!! Feel lucky

You also say you've been having bad dreams lately?

Well do this for me, describe a dream that was really really good? A happy dream you've had.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I have noticed what you are talking about.

The kind of person I am however, cannot take this type of behaviour seriously. I often find that cracking a little joke, smiling or carrying on relaxes it. People are taking lifes difficulties so serious, running around in their circles of meaningless purchases.

Where I live there was recently a water problem, nobody had tap water for four days. By the end of the first day I had seen four seperate incidents of people fighting over bottled water that nobody but me would get involved in, a disabled friend had their water stolen from their doorstep and the police had to monitor people at the local water drop off point (it was like a refugee food drop of point that has not had food for weeks).

I gave my water away to my neighbours and helped older people get a water delivery. Is it not ironic that people are fearing a collapse of society, money is not society, its the people that are society and how you act is all that can change it.

What use is profiting the whole world if you die with nothing at the end of it.

Its cornflakes is it not?

Get a life, before its to late.

Cornflakes aint nothing without sugar and maybe one day you can have some bread.

Later on today I will be visiting a young man (much like myself), who tried to kill himself last night with an overdose. Why am I doing that, yet I dont even really know him? Because the boy needs a helping hand.
Love your neighbour, right?? Nobody else is doing anything but speaking about this poor man behind his back.

I love life and I look back and see myself as a fool for thinking any different before.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Another theory is that we are all interconnected somehow (universal consciousness). Not only are we connected to each other but also to all the animals and to the earth. Look at how the earth is being treated, maybe we are just feeling what it is feeling. I know that is kind of out there but I find all this universal consciousness very interesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I have given this some thought lately, mainly due to my own behavior... or rather my own behavior has made me more aware of others. I started a thread recently about myself being angry more often, which is totally out of character for me. Funny thing is, after some observation, its not just me

Fist before answering your question you stated "Due to my own behavior" and then "My own behavior has made me more aware of others" obviously this is a change in behavior that you are very much aware of, what would that change be may I ask?

At a guess I would say you have become more aware of Ego...

But that's just a guess, I will be more than happy to answer this in more detail rather via u2u or in the topic... entirely your choice if their is any choice at all

[edit on 13-3-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think of two possibilities:
1. I think it was always like this. It's just that we have not been here in enough time periods to notice.

2. As 2012 approaches, a person's true character will be revealed.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

have you heard anything about ascension? the energy of the earth changing? i am not saying that is "it" but it could be why or part of the reason why.

google ascension or earth ascension and see if what you find resonates. here is one site to get you started. www.spiritual-experiences.com...

it really is a fascinating thing if you are interested in the subject.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Another theory is that we are all interconnected somehow

Although within we are connected, our minds are very separate.

Simple solution.....

Don't make others fit the image you have of them in your mind , drop it.... let them be. Sometimes people need to experience certain things in their life for a reason, from every negative experience there is a lesson, from every positive experience their is a lesson.

e.g I pray and pray to God or seek from the universe, oh please almighty oh please universe bring me peace, show me how to find peace, show me how to hang onto peace.

Sometimes the almighty/universe responds by showing you the opposite to peace....

and why?

So you can experience the opposite of peace and overcome it..

Negativity will always be their, how you respond to negativity is key.... your response manifest you lesson... again and again and again, until you learn from that lesson.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I gave my water away to my neighbours and helped older people get a water delivery. Is it not ironic that people are fearing a collapse of society, money is not society, its the people that are society and how you act is all that can change.

well said

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

No not ego, anger. I will feel anger rising in me for no valid reason really and that is not like me. I have never been an angry person. I always considered it a waste of energy. I am a cut up by nature, always have been. I control these feelings of anger very well, but they are there.

Edit to add: A big trigger for me is noise. Now crazy as this may sound, noise hurts my skin. Its like needles to me and it seems that there is no quiet place to be found anywhere anymore.... just an observation from my personal perspective...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Greenize]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

Thank you and thanks for the link, I look forward to reading this and more. I seek answers and understanding and any help is appreciated!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Everyone is probably just stressed out from the economy and other problems. The only thing you can do is try to be happy and hopefully others will lighten up too...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Something or someone must be triggering this anger, unless it's related to medication you may be on or something similar. I think the best option would be to consult your doctor, we can give friendly advice but that's about it.

The best advice is to meditate, go within and sense what the cause of this anger is. I'm sure if you dig deep enough and be totally honest with yourself you will get to the root of the anger.

With a lot of people this stems for how the world is today and how it used to be e.g. When you were a child/youth/young adult things were more simple. I am in no way qualified to say anything more than that, but please if the problem persist go seek professional help, these things can really take a grip of your life.

Best of luck...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Edit to add: A big trigger for me is noise. Now crazy as this may sound, noise hurts my skin. Its like needles to me and it seems that there is no quiet place to be found anywhere anymore.... just an observation from my personal perspective...

Ahhh now we are getting somewhere, as I sit here now I have my nephew his friend sat downstairs screaming and a few others from the family talking and laughing loud. I myself can sense anger from that, not so much anger but frustration because it breaks concentration.

You just have to learn to filter it out, the more energy you give the thought of this the more power you give it. Take some time out, sick some relaxing music on and slow down the mind. Most of all don't worry, and smile
if that don't work tell everyone to shut the hell up.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join