It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Going On With Us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
10,000 years ago the average human would have been either a hunter gatherer or just starting to farm the land.

It was a tough life but a simple life that was in balance with nature. Our homes were a simple design made from all natural substances with fresh food cooked on open fires. Our nearest neighbours were probably 2 miles away and our home was wherever we decided to build it!

Fast forward to today.... 2 hours stuck in traffic means you are late to work. This is then followed by a sneering comment from the boss and a few emails behind your back.

Your day is spent in a room with artificial light and involves NO exercise other than moving your finger rapidly all day long and the occasion trip to a coffee machine.

When you are hungry you tear off some plastic to get to an artificial gloop that gets put into a metal device and bombarded with radiation until it is hot enough to eat!

You then have to sit in another traffic jam to return to the home that has you chained to a 25 year debt you can never repay, and spend the remainder of your day in front of another computer or a TV watching sex/violence/gossip!!

Oh... you also have about 2 million neighbours in a 2 mile radius!

We are angry because we are not living naturally!!

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Prices of fuel rising, Prices of Food rising, Heating Bills rising, Work Hours Rising, House Rent Rising, House Prices Rising,

These are just some of the things that stress me out where I live.

I find myself busting my ass off all week to pay all the things that are rising in price all the time. I am being left with less and less every week.

The main thing for me that is not rising is our Wage rates to match everything else.

We are all slowly being squeezed out like sponges. The weaker we are, the more likely we will all do exactly as the government want in the future.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I have noticed what you are talking about.

The kind of person I am however, cannot take this type of behaviour seriously. I often find that cracking a little joke, smiling or carrying on relaxes it. People are taking lifes difficulties so serious, running around in their circles of meaningless purchases.

Where I live there was recently a water problem, nobody had tap water for four days. By the end of the first day I had seen four seperate incidents of people fighting over bottled water that nobody but me would get involved in, a disabled friend had their water stolen from their doorstep and the police had to monitor people at the local water drop off point (it was like a refugee food drop of point that has not had food for weeks).

I gave my water away to my neighbours and helped older people get a water delivery. Is it not ironic that people are fearing a collapse of society, money is not society, its the people that are society and how you act is all that can change it.

What use is profiting the whole world if you die with nothing at the end of it.

Its cornflakes is it not?

Get a life, before its to late.

Cornflakes aint nothing without sugar and maybe one day you can have some bread.

Later on today I will be visiting a young man (much like myself), who tried to kill himself last night with an overdose. Why am I doing that, yet I dont even really know him? Because the boy needs a helping hand.
Love your neighbour, right?? Nobody else is doing anything but speaking about this poor man behind his back.

I love life and I look back and see myself as a fool for thinking any different before.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by XXXN3O]

I am moved by the words in your post, for you truly represent what America stands for in its care and concern for another fellow human.

I was once in an Asian capital, and was confronted with a sight of a big sized fat man literally hitting and beating a petite woman in public. There was a crowd gathered to watch, but no one did anything. I went forward, and by my fearless appearance and size, managed to stop the fight.

The bully scowled and uttered vulgarities, but left me unharmed. The crying girl stood up and quietly walked away, saved from further beatings. I too quietly walked away, in the belief that I had saved a life. Before I left I asked some in the crowd why they did nothing but stare.

They claim it was only the natural thing to do, a way of life – mind their own business and not get involve or complications such as retribution upon them would arise. But when I asked them why then did they bother to stand close to watch as the similar ‘complications’ would arise, they quietly walk away.

It seems US have a culture of its own and different from the world, of one that is far nobler, molded through the sweat, toil, pain and blood of its founding fathers to value human life in its quest for freedom from being slaves as serfs, treating all as equals instead, courageously making that vital stand, come what may.

You do represent what US stands for. And even though you and I may be naturally flawed human beings, that will make mistakes in life, but that idealism to share, care and concern for humanity will always be in us to redeem ourselves eventually.

May more of the young be like you. For in that manner, the future evolution of mankind will be safely assured.

Cheers! :-)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Perhaps you are seeing the effects of an imposed, ongoing Siege Mentality.

Basic survival instincts are being compromised by the circumstances of our society being perceived as a threat to our personal well-being: you neighbor has become, in your mind, your competitor for survival.

Thoughts can act like viruses.

Is the recent development, and apparent, popularity of so-called "Reality" shows on television (arguably a world-wide phenonenom) a symptom,

Or a vector?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

How very true and well stated!

In the not so distant past, I could sit on my front porch and soak up only the sounds of nature, but now there is always traffic... there is no such thing as a back road anymore. Kids with their music thumping, loud pipes... you get the idea.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

You have a wonderful sense of humor! I love the advice! As a matter of fact, after rolling over more than 100 hrs of paid time off this past year, I have taken all next week off to try and regroup and get myself together! A little r & r may be just the thing!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The whole world is in a state of trauma, and we're progressing from denial to anger, IMO. It's all Fn insane and doesn't make much sense. I think people are unconsciously starting to realize this, and have yet to truly wake up. It's their subconscious nagging on them, saying, "Hello! Wake up, idiot! It's time to get some real work done now.." Since they're not yet accepting of this, they're at war within their selves.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

"at war within themselves", is a perfect description! Perhaps you are right. I know that most people have a full plate, to the point that it is over flowing. Job losses, increasing prices and stagnate wages... but they dare not complain because they have a job... we indeed live in trying times!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We are experiencing an extremely unusual confluence of core collapses in this society right now, and the impact of these realizations are affecting people at a level that sits just below the conscious.

For the last century or so, the American mind has been forced to deal with emerging information that has pitted what it believes against what it knows to be true. The discovery of the atom, cosmology, and breakthroughs in anthropology as well as the wholesale dissemination of such information to virtually all corners of this society has combined to force traditional narratives back on their heels. Whether people believe these ancient narratives or not, deep within their psyches, they know that they can't literally be true, and this has disturbed the notion of self for millions.

This schism has been survivable due to ancillary societal pillars - organized religion, government, patriotism, the emergence of the corporation-as-identity-and-security culture shift - and Americans have soldiered on with their favorite touchstone to help keep them centered. There have been surges of instability - the 60s is a good example - when a sub-class let some pressure off in an act of rejection here and there, but the suite of support structures have always held, since they were stable and in the end, all any human really wants is something that can be relied upon.

Well, last year, all the most stable of supports revealed themselves to be rotted to the core, and some of them collapsed outright. Wall Street (and Corporate America as a whole) proved that there is no security or permanent identity for the individual within the corporate system, the Right attacked the Left within the government and proved that the individual is not important within those environs either. The churches had already fallen apart, or had been falling apart for years, and last year, when people began looking for a reasonable landing strip in the middle of the 2009 economic/political freakout, they finally were shown just how insane the most traditional religious narratives had finally become as a result of decades of hard-right purges within the nation's most successful denominations.

And now, all over the TV and movies, we're being fed insanity as scholarly works, with 2012 nonsense and Glenn Beck and Obamanation and The End Times and - well, is it any wonder that people are beginning to become unhinged by things like traffic and other people being assholes in checkout lines?

The human being doesn't fare well when it feels absolutely insecure and insecurable. The fairy tales about who and what we are have been debunked, and the lies about what stands ready to take care of us - be it God, the government, or the good hands of AllState - have all been revealed for what they are. Just marketing slogans.

It's going to get worse, because the true believers - the people who built this house of cards - no longer believe in any of it, and have decided to fend for themselves. The best anyone can do is realize that nothing is magical, nothing is destiny, and nothing is divinely inspired, and that in the end, you'll still be you, and that nothing can ever really destroy the fact that you exist and will exist forever. The rest is just marketing and people trying to sell you things. If you can allow that reality to sink in, then you'll find yourself stronger and stronger as time goes by.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Well said, thank you! You are so right about this only getting worse, that is indeed the part that concerns me. I know for me personally, the feeling of not knowing what lies ahead worries me. I live in the country, we have gone to bed many nights and not bothered to lock the doors. Here recently though, there have been a string of burglaries and attempted break ins. People are getting desperate, and that scares the hell out of me!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
It's going to get worse, because the true believers - the people who built this house of cards - no longer believe in any of it, and have decided to fend for themselves. The best anyone can do is realize that nothing is magical, nothing is destiny, and nothing is divinely inspired, and that in the end, you'll still be you, and that nothing can ever really destroy the fact that you exist and will exist forever. The rest is just marketing and people trying to sell you things. If you can allow that reality to sink in, then you'll find yourself stronger and stronger as time goes by.

I was with you until this bolded bit. What are you trying to say? I am not the cosmos, just like a cell on my body is not who I am. When this body dies, the psyche burns out, and I'll be gone. The cosmos will continue on without me, thankfully, but I'll be gone.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

This is why sometimes it makes me wonder if suicide is actually a selfless act, or the subject acting in the best interests of themselves.

Sometimes they dont, according to religious people they say god will not put more on ur plate than you can handle. I dont agree with that considering everything that is going on.

look at our world, do you thing god really gives a crap about how much is on someones plate? I dont.

I have been thinking suicide is more of a act to help others deal with loss and regret and other forms of things that go with it. This is just 1 example to where my idea comes into play.
ADDED LATER
Then again this also adds more to the plates of individuals so I dont know.. But sooner or later when you fill a ballon to much it breaks and you cant do anything about it. Same thing applies to suicides, thier ballon was to full for them to handle, regardless of why we think it was stupid or not of them to do it.

For the record I do not believe in religious txt, I believe in my own spiritual gig. I am using god in a religious txt not what I actually think of him.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I don't really see how suicide could be selfless. Obviously, the individual is too caught up in matters that pertain to their own self to go on. I don't think it's a wrong decision, though. I think it's entirely up to an individual to decide whether they should live or not. It's their right, IMO. Some people suffer too much, internally. Some people have little way to describe or understand exactly what it is they're experiencing. I get very upset when people say things which judge the individual for being upset, depressed, a little crazy, or even suicidal. Some people have imperceptible genetic defects which cause them to endure tremendous stresses and pain. Some people are just too damned tired of it all to keep going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Many things are wrong.

I do not believe humans are meant to live in concrete jungles, controlled by people placed in power. We are surrounded by this fake reality... just turn the television on, and you'll probably gag a little bit.
The world we live in is revolving around the ego and materialism, whereas the ancients had a distinct connection to the world around them.
We lost that connection, and now we are lost...

My problem is that it's impossible for me to plan my 'future' when I have no clue what will be happening within a year from now.
More laws get passed, more freedoms erased, more war, more death, more celebrity stories to listen to, more natural disasters, more propaganda, more police states.... when will it end?
What will wake humanity up?

That is the question. So, for now, I choose to appreciate the good things in life...because it is easy to be consumed by the moronic things you see, the people you meet, and the experiences you have... there's TONS of negativity during this time, but this always happens right before a major transition....so ,what awaits us? We shall see...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I am going from my exp(tried more than a few times to count) and a few freinds who killed themselves when i made that statement

I wasnt talking down on them, the added later it was a thought i was thinking on that second.. about to much on the plate thing..

I wasnt talking down on a suicide i was trying to understand, still am. What she said just happened to go into my research in things. Thats all.

I know tad repeat meh what you going to do.

Originally posted by bvproductions

That is the question. So, for now, I choose to appreciate the good things in life...because it is easy to be consumed by the moronic things you see, the people you meet, and the experiences you have... there's TONS of negativity during this time, but this always happens right before a major transition....so ,what awaits us? We shall see...

What is "good things" to you? thats a broad area.

"Good things" for me is going in the middle of nature and soaking up her energies to make me feel better or hanging out on a river somewhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

True and wonderful advice. I think that I need to learn to relax and start enjoying the little things in life more. I tend to be a worrier. My husband will suggest an afternoon ride and I usually refuse...you know there is laundry to be done and dishes to wash .... I have forgotten how to just have fun I think!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread thus far. It has been very theraputic!! I love every persons insights and in reading and contemplating them I as well as some of you have answered some of the questions that I had, so again, thank you!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

To me... good/enjoyable things are: nature (weather, the ocean, the forest, the desert, etc.), laughing, contemplating how large the universe is and how small my problems really are in the 'big picture', meditating, yoga, exercise, eating right, talkin' with my little nephews and nieces, reading, making music, great photography, traveling, meeting nice people, etc... the list goes on and on.

I try to outweigh the bad with good usually...but lately I've just been bombarded by negativity in my life.
I just try to use each experience as something to push me forward and to help me progress... I don't believe in 'bad' experiences really, since they all have some type of purpose.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Thats cool, I have been trying to figure out good things in my life for the last 2 yrs or so. i swear it sounds like one of them screwed up country songs.

Anyway I dont know what to say to make someone thing possitive, but a trip in the woods to watch the animals bugs and so on do thier things is a real epic cool thing, I can sit there for hrs watching that stuff.

I have been taking images for the last few months to show people what I see so they can get an idea of things that I see through my eyes.

Its ok i guess. I just wish things were alot better than it is now.. Wouldnt it be cool if we were 6 - 8 yrs old again.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Humanity is in an abusive relationship with itself.

We are realizing this, but if you are living in an unreal environment ( like most people) you feel like you can do nothing about it.

hence the anger.

just step back and look at the environment that we have created and realize its not real and the only way to change it is to find your true self.

don't get angry, just get even, get balance, get inside yourself and the realization that you have control over you, will set you free.

that probably makes no sense !! ( i don't care !)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join