It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Going On With Us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Normally I don't post on topics like this but recently I have been having some real strange dreams. I haven't noticed a huge upswing in anger, just a sort of lack of hiding/ holding back feelings. Just speaking your mind instead of staying quiet. Can't be that bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, I think that a lot of it is due to awareness.... Rage is something that I have dealt with most of my life, but I have known since I was thirteen that things weren't right in the world.

It has been a rather lonely experience for me. Everyone around me always seemed joyful and at peace, and I was seething. When I was about 18-19 years old I realized it was because they truly didn't know. They didn't know what kind of a #ed up world they were really living in. I did.

Now, that people are gradually waking up to what I knew almost twenty years ago, they will start having the feelings I have had for many,many years.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

Well, that could be a part of it. that might also be a part of the reason why people, of late, are having a hard time developing close bonds with others. People aren't sure who is and isn't on their "plane" of awareness.

Speaking personally, I don't come across very many that even broach my level of awareness. I am not trying to be arrogant or anything, but I am just speaking truthfully. I mean, I think part of it is my geographical location;however, another part of it is that not many have experienced what I have experienced and know what I know on top of it.

For a lot of people, I am an overwhelming presence.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Interesting take.

On the surface one could say you are and have been a pessimist for quite some time. And with all that is happening in the world, others who perhaps were once optimists are now crossing over into your world.

However, I generally hesitate taking things "on the surface". Personally I have always felt that I could see the real truths. Mostly in people, when I meet someone I cannot help but "profile" them almost immediately good or bad. More often then not, I peg them.

Same goes for most things in my life. I seem to guess pretty well how things will turn out for me in most situations.

As for the OP,

I sense something impending, we are tedering on the brink of something. The Earth itself is reacting to something and I believe we are linked and can feel the Earth changing.

Like an animal moments before an EQ, they can feel the P wave before the big one hits. We have lost much of our natural instincts, but we still have some and we can feel something about to happen, so we are getting jumpy so to speak.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

On the surface one could say you are and have been a pessimist for quite some time.

That is generally how most people perceive me. To some degree, it has been very detrimental to me. However, I still feel the way I do about things. I tell people that I am not a pessimist,just a realist.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I tell people that I am not a pessimist,just a realist.

Me to sort of.

I feel as though I have one foot firmly planted on the ground and yet my other foot is somewhere above the clouds

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybe this: www.abovetopsecret.com... has something to do with this thread?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I am so glad you said that. I too have found that I am more vocal. If I think it, I say it. At first the people that know me would just look at me like I was a stranger...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Thank you, and that makes perfect sense. The problem for me is quieting my mind. Trust me, I try to meditate and I can't keep my mind focused. I suppose I have a short attention span.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by 2theC

Thank you, and that makes perfect sense. The problem for me is quieting my mind. Trust me, I try to meditate and I can't keep my mind focused. I suppose I have a short attention span.

Focusing doesn't require an attention span. Focusing is basically the same thing as not thinking, that's what makes it so difficult. To rid yourself of the energy of all of your emotional and physical world.

Imagine closing your eyes in a dark, sound-proof body temperature pool. All of your senses deprived...you have two options...go crazy thinking about your emotions, or relax and just learn to relax and open your eyes into the "other" world.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

I try. I really do. I usually always end up dozing off and being awakened by some loud bang type sound thats me jump and tense up. I know that has to sound odd.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
After 20 years of fighting to make my life better- I just simply gave up and out. *Everything* I believed in is a lie. The tiniest amount of faith I had in anything, gone. I simply... do not care about much any more. My talents are wasted, my motivation has been sucked out of me, my very soul is sapped dry.

On the flip side, tho- I was an active participant in something similar to the 'shark fin soup' video today. Me and my friend were on our way home from a small trip, and she needed to get something at a store in the mall, and we BOTH had to go to the bathroom. We circled the full, crowded parking lot for a half hour, before desperation set in, I jumped out, walked behind some people who were leaving, and as they pulled out, I stuck my butt square in the middle of the spot til the van could get there. I nearly got hit by some Indian in a BMW, who REFUSED to move. Mr. High and Mighty was sure I was going to get out of the spot, and he held up traffic for a good 6-8 minutes, giving me what for. This little fool then proceeded to 'try' to call me names, called me a jackass (I brayed), and then when it got down to brass tacks (and my bladder and parts beyond were trying to go critical), He says 'I can sit here all day' and so, I SAT. Right in front of his car. He not only pulls out in a huff and spends the next 10 minutes running around like a fool, he also HAD GOTTEN A SPOT CLOSER TO THE DOOR. I went in, did what I had to, and waited on my friend, who was taking longer because of needing bathroom and then getting the item they needed. This man ran down a security car, to cry about what I did. From what I could tell, they were FAR less than sympathetic to him.
I hung around to make sure nothing happened to the car- and got to watch the rest of this silly drama unfold.

He had no pressing need, other than he was rich and had a BMW. Meanwhile, me and my friend are both disabled, and we'd been scooting around that parking lot long enough to start causing real discomfort. It was pretty much do or die. This fool didn't even know who was pulling out... he just figured he was gonna grab spot, fie on anyone else. We, on the other hand, had been following this bunch of people, hoping they were going to get in and pull out... The worst parts: a) If I had been simply going thru the parking space en route, he'd have nearly run me over. b) he made an utter fool of himself, rather than go look for somewhere else to stick that crummy little luxury car of his. I did not help. I was in no mood to be smeared into a paste by some hyperactive little man and his luxury vehicle. I was in no mood to go thru more discomfort than was necessary. I simply crossed my arms, out waited, and outwitted. Then barely managed to make it to the bathroom.
Good thing the spot was DARN close to the mall AND the bathroom.....

I've gotten to the point where people like the one above make me snicker, I am cynical, jaded, and wouldn't believe anything even if I saw it. I have watched people lose their MINDS over the simplest of things. I have witnessed people just... snap. Some say I snapped. I used to be helpful, polite, and in a past time, I would have simply moved and hoped another parking spot would open (the lot was completely packed).

Ya know what good, helpful and polite has gotten me? Not a damned THING. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I am now 100 times more willing to snap someone's head off like a praying mantis and chew on it.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Good for you!! I understand where you are coming from. I was always the nurturer, the one that everyone (including strangers) seemed to want to pour their hearts out to... I too feel sometimes as if my spirit has been zapped. I also notice that I snap at those that I love though and that I have to work on! So many emotions so little time to try and sort through all of it.......

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I hear you buddy, seems like you can never get ahead! I'm accually working part time now because it would cost me more to work full time! (daycare, another vehicle ect).

Its beyond ridiculous, no wonder everyones walking around looking like they have been hit over the head with a nerf bat.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Hello,

I was reading through this thread and it brought to mind another thread that I have just read.

It is under the Paranormal forum, but, there are SO many similarities I had to say SOMETHING!

The heading of it is : Feeling Off?www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would just suggest a read through to see if anything applies and/or helps you.

Yes, some of the post may be odd to some of you, but just read it with an open mind, there are some interesting posts on there concerning the Earths activity & the fact that many are acting strangely.

Well, I hope some of you take a look, it may be of some help

Amy

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You are actually the information that your brain has already generated. It's rich-texture information, and contains your entire contextual identity (you can call this your consciousness if you like) and each burst masses within the environment as associated energy. This information-centric energy is eternal, just as all information, once brought into existence, is eternal. The corporeal generator (your brain) has been "creating" you since you became a viable human being, and the finished product that is you, will be released from that corporeal generation unit upon "death". Basically, what we call life is the 2nd stage of a two stage process of physical gestation.

Information is the concrete basis of all that physically exists, and the human brain is a generator of extremely sophisticated information. Of course, information (the fact of something that happened or existed) is eternal - once it exists, it can never "not have ever existed" - and therefore, the consciousness of the aware information mass is also eternal, since it can not "have never existed". This is what the theology majors refer to as "spirit" and "eternal life".

It's simple physics, and as simple as it gets, with no moving parts whatsoever.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amyaaallan

Thank you for the link. I will definetly check it out. I am finding it comforting that its not just me!!! Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes, I think something big is coming and we all feel it. I feel it will be an event that is physical as well as spiritual. I recently heard some guest say on C2C AM that one Native American elder said the sun would send out some kind of powerful ray that would hurt only impure souls -- pure souls would not be affected.

In any case, from my own experience I know that keeping my own life in balance is absolutely essential for me. We are all co-creators of our reality, and if you're out of whack emotionally and spiritually, your life will reflect it.

BALANCE AND HARMONY, people, that's the key to a good life.

Recent case in point: I usually feel that I'm truly blessed in my life. I always keep an "attitude of gratitude," and as a result, good things happen to me... I can count on it.

Now, about a year ago, my hubbie got screwed over by a sleazy contractor and as a result we lost a bunch of money (I'm not going into the details, too long a story). The whole thing came down to a very ugly lawsuit, which we actually LOST, even though we were totally convinced we'd win, since the guy was a scumbag. During the entire time this was going on I quietly resented my husband, because from the get-go I had told him I didn't trust the guy and didn't want him working for us... but my SO didn't listen to me.

So I blamed him for everything that happened -- but at some point I realized that my life (family, peace of mind, job, money matters) started going to sh**. So I worked hard on myself, trying to get my emotional equilibrium back and forgive my husband and love and support him again instead of putting him down as I had for some months. Immediately, my life made a complete turnaround and I got back into what I call "the flow." Good things started happening again, money flowed in from unexpected places, and I felt connected to the Universe again.

You may not believe me (especially the atheists among you), but it's completely up to you how your life is going. Here are my suggestions for those who will listen:

1. Create balance and harmony in your life. Fine, go on sites like ATS for information, but DON'T let yourself be dragged into frustration, anger, and depression by the negative news you find on them. I know if I take everything on this site in and to heart, I'll feel depressed and anxious too. A sensible degree of detachment is everything.

2. Express (and FEEL!) gratitude. Be thankful for what you have, instead of resentful for what you don't have. Look at YOUR OWN life (instead of the horror news from Haiti, Washington DC, or anywhere else)... if YOUR LIFE is good, then be grateful for it. If it's not, change it.

3. Your life doesn't have to be perfect to be grateful. Count your blessings. I had a phase in my life ten years ago where I was dirt-poor and often didn't know how to come up with the money for the bills. Still, I thanked the Creator every day for good things... freedom, friends, a beautiful sunset... you name it.

4. Enjoy the ride It makes me sad when people get frantic in the attempt to survive a perceived cataclysm. First, it may or may not happen. Second, if you believe as I do that we're all consciousness, or, if you will, spiritual beings having a physical experience, then it's gonna be okay even if you DON'T "survive."

And the female poster who said she always refuses to go on afternoon rides with her hubbie -- DON'T. Forget the laundry and the dishes. There are more important things in life. Just consider: Say you learned that you had only 24 hours to live, what would you regret more -- not spending more time with your SO, or not doing the dishes? Puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Which brings us to another point:

5. Don't take anything for granted... especially not your loved ones. I thank the Creator every single day that I have my hubbie and little son. Most people live as if they were immortal, and as if their loved ones would always be there. Fate can strike at any moment -- and if it does, you don't want to regret that you weren't as loving or as considerate or weren't enjoying yourself as much as you could have been. It may sound morbid and dark to you, but it's not to me. It's what Castaneda's Don Juan said, "Let your own death be your best advisor." Realizing that death is always nearby makes you SO MUCH more aware... for me, it's been the best lesson. I can appreciate my life and the people in it so much more now.

6. Don't blame God. IMO, the Creator is just that... he/she/it created everything... but we're the guardians (and co-creators). Your reality is what you make it. Our collective reality is what we collectively make it. I don't believe God punishes... that's not my experience of him/her/it. My experience is that a) actions have consequences; and b) that the Creator/Universe/God helps if you ask him/her/it to. He/she/it will rarely intervene, though, if you DON'T ask.

I could go on and on, but that's it for now. I hope a few people here get something out of this.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by sylvie]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Old emotions and feelings are releasing out. So that something new can hold firm. We all must choose to walk away from those that hurt us, be alone again for a time, so that we may come back with full vigor and understanding of who we are as a person, and so the people will see that person as themselves again. Whats in the mind, that we hold on too, is going to be expressed outside of yourself in others around you. The first step is to recognize our shadow for what it is. The next step is to show who you are, be who you are, and others will find balance and peace in that, show respect and gratitude for what might they have shown you. Then express who you are with you heart to them(show them). Then you will create a space of freedom and peace for all, and everyone will come to feel it. For example if I make things too high and uncomfortable, or that I might pose a risk, darkness covers my night, so that I'm not seen. Learn to become content with who you are and what life brings you. If I lost who I was in the darkness, I would never have mastered it, I would never have a chance if I was not within its grasp, same goes for the light, if I strayed too far from my highest good I would never have faught myself, through others and come to learn through only in both there is peace. Duality isn't the goal, peace is in the end.

Bless You

[edit on 14-3-2010 by DarkCyrus]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join