It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Comet just hit the Sun!!!! (Update Asteroid or Comet is now incoming. 3rd impact)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
If you look in the looped video the OP posted, the first 'comet' that hit the Sun seemed to trigger the CME, the second (bright) projectile was almost on the same line/path.

I wish I knew how to take the photo and draw a line, but they look like the exact same vector to the naked eye. Which then makes me think weird things.

Look at the third one on the same line/path as well, it is hard to see but it is coming on the same path. I think the third one is an asteroid though (doesn't seem to be a comet tail) :-)

-Kdial1

[edit on 13-3-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

we need to probe the inside of the sun somehow

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wow, that was fascinating. That huge flare right before the UFO hits.

And the UFO (unidentified floating object) seems to slow down before being sucking into the sun. Amazing!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Actually, it's kind of tiny.
Here are some reasonable sized comets.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 3/12/2010 by Phage]

To be fair, those comets only look big because they are closer to the camera. if they were further away like in the OP post they would look much smaller.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

To be fair, those comets only look big because they are closer to the camera. if they were further away like in the OP post they would look much smaller.

Come on, You can't be saying that comrade Phage is not saying the truth, are you? He just tried to make the whole thread look redundant, posting the "real baby" picture, and you cut him down? Now he has to work more in his little "Move On, Nothing To See Here" office, to find more ideas on how to make us all look stupid.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by herbivore]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zedd31415
I'd like to see the next few parts of the video to see if anything comes out the other side of the sun, cause it might have just gone around the back side, only looking like it collided.

You do realize how big the sun is.... don't you?

It's not going to flip around the back and come out the other side like a trip around the block. Mercury, our closest planet to Sol takes roughly 88 days to make one full orbit.

I hope that gives you some perspective.

IRM

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
****ATTENTION****

I just confirmed that three different projectiles are on the exact same trajectory through the GIF sequences.

I went here : sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Picked the movies for "Lasco C3", picked resolution 1024, and on the right of that I picked the dates 2010-03-10 as the start....and 2010-03-14 as the ending date. Hit SEARCH and let the Animated GIF take a while to load the frames.

When the frames were loaded , I started from Frame 1 and went to 141, slowing down the frames to track better.

When the 'fireball' came into the frame I held up a business card to my screen and drew a straight line from it's entrance on the left side of the frame, to it's ending at the Sun.

If you keep a straight edged object to your screen, you'll see that through the cycle of all frames, there are THREE objects all on the same path. Every other comet or debris in space is random around these three projectiles.

Weird.

ETA: Sorry, didn't notice other people mentioned 3 objects...LOL. Well at least I confirmed they are all on the same exact path........for myself.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Guys these aren't really rare. They are Kreutz Sungrazers (Wikipedia entry) They are from a comet that broke apart over 2000 years ago. Several of these comets hit the sun daily. Most are to small to be seen by SOHO but sometimes these bigger ones hit. I have seen this happen 3 times in the last 4 months or so. Its really not that strange. Also here is another link. If you find another one of these comets in the SOHO images you should send it in. You may be credited with finding it.
SOHO Comets Check out some of the pictures on that site. Especially the first one. It shows 4 planets in the same SOHO shot (That is a hell of a lot more rare then a sungrazer comet)

As for the people that say the planet thats orbiting the sun is going to crash into it or "slowed" down before it hit the sun or whatever other nonsense you can think of. Here is a website that tells you all of the things that will be orbiting the sun in 2010. SOHO Transits

For some of you this will be like talking to a brick wall and will continue to believe whatever you want to believe. I mean come on, you wouldn't be on this website if you were logical now would you? haha. Seriously though, Take some time and read over this stuff. Hell take a peak at the "Best-of SOHO" library there are some pretty neat pictures on there.
Best-Of SOHO Images

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruxshadows

Comets breaking up that all have seemingly the same EXACT trajectory, with almost no degree of scatter or delineation?

Sorry, it just seems odd that a random event would produce a straight linear line.

If the frames were all continuous, you bet your butt I would be tracking the intervals these objects appear to see if they were spaced out in any certain order.

One, maybe two, but three....? Just seems odd.

Also, I have seen these GIFS since 2003 on Kent Steadman's old site. I rarely have seen, or maybe never seen projectiles follow the same path after another. And it's always notable how many CME's follow projectiles breaking the the near zone of the Sun.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
For anyone that is interested in these type of events or just want to learn something
new and different--

I would recommend the iphone app, 3D Sun its free

and shows all the images seen here in this post plus

it will alert you when these events including CME happen.

Thats if you have an iphone of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Zedd31415
I'd like to see the next few parts of the video to see if anything comes out the other side of the sun, cause it might have just gone around the back side, only looking like it collided.

You do realize how big the sun is.... don't you?

It's not going to flip around the back and come out the other side like a trip around the block. Mercury, our closest planet to Sol takes roughly 88 days to make one full orbit.

I hope that gives you some perspective.

IRM

Then why does the object to the bottom right of the sun complete at least an 1/8 the arc of a circle in only 2 days worth of photos.

Does anyone know what that object is?

I also don't believe the picture of the "big" comet is far away from the sun as others suggest. I think it is close enough for the tail to be bent back from the head even closely matching the arch to scale of the sun's surface.

Peace

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

As you can see from this video here from Jan of this year. Another sungrazer hits the sun in relatively the same place.
Youtube video of January sungrazer
Depending on the time of year and the orbit of the extinct comet dust determines what part of the sun it will hit.

As an added bonus here is a youtube video of the recent series of sungrazers. The 3 are highlighted as they take the death plunge.
Youtube video showing March sungrazers

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You would think the media would've covered this a little better. But Fox News is too worried about what celebrity did what, that's why when I want news I go to BBC.

But does anyone know how we can view real-time models of that image?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The sun? Just another day.

good thing it didn't hit the sun at night, who knows what may have happened..

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

This isn't worth any news report. It happens all the time. All sorts of space debris hit the sun daily. They are just to small to be seen by LASCO. As far as real time images. You can get them from the SOHO website. You want the LASCO C2 or C3 pictures.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
S&F
Is this a common occurrence as the suns mass draws all objects towards it ?

[edit on 13-3-2010 by spmc215]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The next one to hit if you look at it in the 1024 resolution almost looks as if it was two on the same trajectory but spaced very close.

Going to be interesting over the next few hours of updates to see if there is any corelation to the first ones impact and a CME. And now the third ones upcoming impact and possible CME.

Should be interesting!!!

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

[edit on 3/12/2010 by Phage]

Its not larger just allot closer to the Soho sat. That should be painfully obvious but your Mr. debunk everything and you just had to throw your two cents in.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by kdial1

we need to probe the inside of the sun somehow

If the probe entered at night it would not get burned by the hot sun!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
The next one to hit if you look at it in the 1024 resolution almost looks as if it was two on the same trajectory but spaced very close.

I noticed that as well. It is probably a single comet that has broken up, kind of like the Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 did in 1994 as it was being pulled in towards Jupiter.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join