It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Shock and Vulgarity/ Music videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This inspiration for this thread was after watching the new video by Lady GaGa and Beyonce
"TELEPHONE"
*WARNING..NUDITY , PROFANITY

The video itself has not a darn thing to do with the lyrics:
[Lady Gaga]
Hello, hello, baby
You called, I can't hear a thing.
I have got no service
in the club, you say, say
Wha-Wha-What did you say, huh?
You're breaking up on me
Sorry, I cannot hear you,
I'm kinda busy.

K-kinda busy
K-kinda busy
Sorry, I cannot hear you, I'm kinda busy.

Just a second,
It's my favorite song they're gonna play
And I cannot text you with
A drink in my hand, eh?
You shoulda made some plans with me,
You knew that I was free.
And now you won't stop calling me;
I'm kinda busy.

Stop callin', stop callin',
I don't wanna think anymore!
I left my head and my heart on the dance floor.
Stop callin'', stop callin,
I don't wanna talk anymore!
I left my head and my heart on the dance floor.

Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh
Stop telephonin' me!
I'm busy!
Stop telephonin' me!

Can call all you want,
but there's no one home,
and you're not gonna reach my telephone!
Cuz I'm out in the club,
and I'm sippin that bubb,

Call when you want,
but there's no one home,
Out in the club,
and I'm sippin' that bubb,

[Beyonce]
Boy, the way you blowin' up my phone
won't make me leave no faster.
Put my coat on faster,
leave my girls no faster.
I shoulda left my phone at home,
cuz this is a disaster!
Callin' like a collector -
sorry, I cannot answer!

Not that I don't like you,
I'm just at a party.
And I am sick and tired
of my phone r-ringing.
Sometimes I feel like
I live in Grand Central Station.
Tonight I'm not takin no calls,
cause I'll be dancin.

Cause I'll be dancin
Cause I'll be dancin
Tonight I'm not takin no calls, cause I'll be dancin!

I got my head and my heart on the dance floor.

Stop telephonin' me
I'm busy!
Stop telephonin' me!

Can call all you want,
but there's no one home,
Cuz I'm out in the club,

Call when you want,
but there's no one home,
Cuz I'm out in the club,

My telephone!
M-m-my telephone!
Cuz I'm out in the club,

My telephone!
M-m-my telephone!
Cuz I'm out in the club,
and I'm sippin that bubb,

We're sorry the number you have reached is not in service at this time.
Please check the number, or try your call again.

But that is not the point of my post...
What kind of a message is being sent out here? Besides the fact that Beyonce has illuminatti ties, besides the fact that Lady Gaga is a pawn for AKON...I can't get all the multiple images in this video out of my head...
From jail, to the product placement and ads, to the scantily clad women..to the poison and use of American flag as clothing after a mass homicide...so many directions I could take this..but my main one is..
HOW FAR CAN YOU GO IN MUSIC VIDEOS BEFORE IT"S TOO FAR?
There are young girls idolizing these two artists, and right now they make Britney Spears look tame.
Is this the direction we are going in?
Iam truly saddened and scared by this..
Do you believe this is just a creative set of random scenes to make a video, or is there more to it? Lady Gaga seems to deliberately shock and I thought Beyonce had some class till this...
Perhaps the conspiracy theorist in me is seeing more than is there...perhaps not..
Anybody want to try to tie in the products placed with Bilderburgers?
I'd bet dollars to donuts...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Beyoncé doesn't have Illuminati ties. There are two issues with that assertion:

1. The Illuminati haven't been shown to currently exist
2. The "ties" are barely even circumstantial. They are definitely not supported by actual, real evidence

Music will be as edgy as it always has been. You're not the first person saying that popular music is dangerous. You're just getting old
It happens to all of us. There have been shocking videos since music videos were first made.

This is nothing new. This is marketing. They want money. The reason they are shocking is so people like you post videos around, getting more people to listen to the song, and more people to buy it. You fell for their ploy.

All this talk about Illuminati stuff is straight-up grade-A unsubstantiated paranoid bollocks.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
With respect I think you may be looking into it a bit too much.

Ultimately this sort of thing sells, when yesterdays shocking images gets old they make something today that pushes it further and more shocking. This sort of video didn't pop up last week, it's been an evolution.

Seen "Smack my Bi*ch up" by The Prodigy? Beyonce is timid compared to that, but because it's a good song, I won't be complaining too much

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I say this with the deepest regret, I did watch that video...

I've learned that Lady Gaga does not have a penis, although I failed to care in the first place.

I was reassured that Lady Gaga and Beyonce are still the worst actress' on the face of the earth.

That Gaga is only about shock value, which her nose takes care of on its own without the need of a globe on her face...

That Beyonce only sings about stuff that in no way reflects her life at all...... music should be from the soul.

Just stop caring about Gaga she'll start trying harder to get noticed and eventually explode from lack of attention.

I wouldn't look for any conspiracy, and the american flag after a multiple homicide for no reason apparently, is just a lame attempt to make them look like they're deep and understand **** but... they don't....

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
AD - seriously a bizarre video -

Who would have thought I'd be wishing for the days when Madonna was Queen B....?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lady Gaga seems to be very clever at appealing to the lowest common denominator. What an unappealing video filled with gibberish.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
for a smokin' hot American-made video

hells yeah!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Shock? Well if that was her goal and I guess she just succeded.

And really...Beyonce with Illuminati ties? If that is the case...I don't think we have anything to worry about with the Illuminati. LOL. Their standards seem pretty low.

But really...I just watched a video of Lady Gaga that I would have never watched unless you posted it. So...I guess you are kind of spreading her music.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Back when I was nothing but a struggling newbie AOL member looking to find his roots in cyberspace I came across a Hopi Indian woman who called herself Kokyan, who happened to run an online community that dealt with esoteric things that was called Parascope.

Over three years I chatted to that woman online and I picked up an awful lot from her.

Amongst the many pearls of wisdom was this;

"Sometimes, there is no need to look deeply at things, because sometimes things just are."

Video concepts just "are", because they seem like a good idea at the time to the people who make them. Be it Lady Gaga covered in "do not cross this line" tape (clever idea actually!) or Simon Le Bon being strapped to a windmill and periodically dunked in the water (as per Duran Duran's "Wild Boys" video) it doesn't really matter.

Art for art's sake, money for gods sake

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
really disturbing, gaga and beyonce at the end poisons everybody and they dance wearing american flag costumes, WTF? is this a way of telling us the government is gonna poison us? might have something to do with the food recall, you can find it here on ATS a thread about it

this is SOOOOO WRONG on so many levels, the whole music and film industry for that matter

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Catchy tune, lots of eye candy, edgy, push the limits without going over, some messages hidden in the symbolism to curtail some rather stupid rumors, hmm...

I would venture to say its a well done yet strangely odd gaga video. She will get some to shout out against it, which was the point of course, making people want to see it even more.

Pop stardom is alive and well it appears...you can blame Elvis and the Beetles if you dont like it I spose, but it sells.

This is modern day western culture...love it or hate it.

-add: incidently, that is LL Cool J in the video, right?

[edit on 12-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by raynemarina
really disturbing, gaga and beyonce at the end poisons everybody and they dance wearing american flag costumes, WTF? is this a way of telling us the government is gonna poison us? might have something to do with the food recall, you can find it here on ATS a thread about it

this is SOOOOO WRONG on so many levels, the whole music and film industry for that matter

Hmm...good eye. Is America poisoning everyone...making us prisoners of materalism and sexual identy, etc...yep, lots of symbolism here...chances are nothing is put in there by mistake. a therapist would have a field day going through all the symbolism...or a conspiracy theorist ;-)

So...whats so wrong about it...maybe its a message to the people itself...wouldn't videos like this become highly valueable for free thinkers to search through for the deeper meanings? Or, maybe its all just visual eye candy and pretty colors.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hmmm completely the responses I expected.
Totally typical...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
But that is not the point of my post...
What kind of a message is being sent out here?

Multiple messages...best thing to do is to understand that there are two videos going on here to begin with..one for the people whom just want pretty colors and sexy bodys, and the other for people whom recieve messages.

Besides the fact that Beyonce has illuminatti ties, besides the fact that Lady Gaga is a pawn for AKON

I do not believe either of those statements...now, their directors and producers on the other hand...the ones that decide what will be in the videos, what they will participate in, etc...the pop stars themselves are just the pretty packaging for the message, almost often completely oblivious to the messages within the videos.

...I can't get all the multiple images in this video out of my head...
From jail, to the product placement and ads,

I just got done watching a ton of Michael Tsarion's stuff...now, I dont necessarily subscribe to his line of thinking, but if I did, I would be flipping out at all the symbolism, from the constant double shield around the planet (caged earth theory), to the pyramids in the desert all over the place, the numbers (I need to write down and graph out if I get bored), the poison looking like water, the blood on the fingers with the red and blue, stars everywhere...etc...tons of symbolism..will have to watch this video several times just to take it all in.

to the scantily clad women
thats just a distraction...the "other" video going on

HOW FAR CAN YOU GO IN MUSIC VIDEOS BEFORE IT"S TOO FAR?...(snip)
Perhaps the conspiracy theorist in me is seeing more than is

No, its a good eye. Lots of videos have a small shout out to secret organizations...this is a full blown book of symbolism and meaning...as far as going to far..meh, thats the other video. show it after watershed and its fine for the general public consumption. The music isn't bad itself...typical dance stuff...but I think the symbolism is spot on.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
worse videos have been produced. even lady gaga she was not the way she is shown today, she used to sing covers and originals in the vocal jazz genre before, deciding to be
'pop' whether she sold her soul or not, but go here vigilantcitizen.com.... And now the late John todd spoke about music in this website and his allegations before he worked with zodiac records a subsidiary company of some of the most important recording companies today. He explained that you can't be in music today and be hugely popular and not be a witch, in the sense that they know they are making music in which its sole purpose is to deliberately corrupt the mind's of the average person. More info on lady gaga and a an audio clip of John Todd explaining witchcraft and music in this link: marcoponce.com...

Rhianna is another blatant whore of the recording industry depicting subliminal and known illuminati symbolism praising satan in her video 'Rude Boy'
. While I hate this pop rubbish music, it has nothing to do with the actual video.. further commentary and a complete breakdown on the shown symbolism, also done eloquently by marco ponce @ marcoponce.com... verboard

[edit on 12-3-2010 by takashisaito]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That is exactly what I was looking for. I, too am familiar with Tsarion.
What I find curious is the responses here..
Had I just said..look at this video and tell me what you see..The symbolism would have been pointed out by many,but because I already mentioned it..the debunkers come out to play. Funny that.
Saturn, I agree with you to a point about the artists perhaps being oblivious to the symbols, in the beginning...but long term, I think not.
I believe we underestimate the musicians intelligence and insight at times.
I believe JayZ to be very smart...

REPLY TO
takashisaito

The only thing Rhianna sells is SEX..there is far more in the Beyonce and Lady GAGA vid going on than that.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Lmao are you for real? The song is cool I have heard more vocal songs than this. Vulgarity is in mind not in song

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahrhyce

Woa.. Woa That prodigy song had a fantastic ending and was in my opinion art. And not to mention there was talent put into the music side of the video.
Apples and oranges.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Lmao are you for real? The song is cool I have heard more vocal songs than this. Vulgarity is in mind not in song

Oh I'm quite for real...
Vulgarity may be in the mind but it is introduced and held there by society and media images.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Beyoncé doesn't have Illuminati ties. There are two issues with that assertion:

1. The Illuminati haven't been shown to currently exist
2. The "ties" are barely even circumstantial. They are definitely not supported by actual, real evidence

Music will be as edgy as it always has been. You're not the first person saying that popular music is dangerous. You're just getting old
It happens to all of us. There have been shocking videos since music videos were first made.

This is nothing new. This is marketing. They want money. The reason they are shocking is so people like you post videos around, getting more people to listen to the song, and more people to buy it. You fell for their ploy.

All this talk about Illuminati stuff is straight-up grade-A unsubstantiated paranoid bollocks.

And Funny how you picked only one argument to make.
What about the other messages in the video?
Product placement, call that marketing coincidence?
Sex sells..but at what cost to our younger generation?
Why is the video so far gone from the actual lyrics? When you watch it..do you listen to the lyrics at all, or just see the images? What is that doing inside your brain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join