It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Skeptics-What is ur basic problem with Christians?Don’t you realize there is a devil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

godless, "you guys"......me/OT says, I am glad you stopped by, and made such a well thought thru post...you are always welcome, even if I disagree.

OT

Thoughts on the youtubes? would be appreciated...did you have time to view?
ru a music fan?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

Actually Frank, after his untimely demise and ascension into second banana Heaven, become a minor deity amongst some isolated tribes of Papa New Guinea.

As for Torgo, he's still watching the house while the Master is away

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

These are academically the fields of moral and theoretical philosophy.

Yes, hence entirely theoretical, and not to be confused with evidence-based subjects as many often do.

In other words, the people who debate this issue don't seem to have any idea what they're talking about.

Even between different religions the same argument can be made because both have different opinions.

Looking at it from this perspective you quickly come to realize that this so called "reason vs. faith" debate is a confused idea about the role of science and religion in society.

Often people get confused between the two, but that doesn't mean they are similar or even opposites. Both are entirely different.

Only in a progressive world dominated by crowdism could we commit such a mistake, and pretend it's the biggest problem since the Enlightenment.

Who is exactly calling the biggest problem? Isn't that a straw-man argument you are making.... But yes it's still a problem, and caused by religious people often enforcing their opinions or beliefs onto others as though it were fact.

Please tell me about this "Enlightenment". Why does it have a capital 'E' for a start! And have you found the fairies at the bottom of the garden yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
There is great good and great evil in christianity in my opinion. ....

time91, Sorry I missed you original post.....

I need to stop a bit and go get some dinner (in CALF/USA) this week...

I'll be back and respond, ok?

OT

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Not so my friend! Torgo was replaced by that incompetent family guy in the cardigan! A sign of the times! Even if you're The Master you still can't get good help! Long live MST3K! Have you seen any of the Cinematic Titanic offerings?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by godless]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by godless

godless, "you guys"......me/OT says, I am glad you stopped by, and made such a well thought thru post...you are always welcome, even if I disagree.

OT

ru a music fan?

Where YouTube is concerned if it ain't funny I ain't interested. As for music, it's my middle name! I'm Godless Music Godless! My friends just call me Damned!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I really wish we all had the ability of free thinking we would probably be able to see the truth what ever it may be.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
For me, the "concept" of religious ambiguity and hypocrisy was established at an early age.

I attended a High School Football game. Before the game, the Home Team knelt in a huddle and prayed on the field. The Visiting team did not. The Home Team lost the game. Apparently, GOD was rooting for the other side.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but religion is the only evil in the world. Religion makes people believe far fetched lies and half truths to make them ripe for believing all kinds of nonsense in the economic and political arena.

3 social fouls one can commit: talking about 1. politics, 2. money, 3. religion. It is considered a social flaw to bring these three subjects up at a party or event. Not coincidentally, they are the three poisons of our society, and no wonder people do not want to talk about them. The only devil is the man who claims to be religious but instead uses it for political power.

edit: okay, maybe religion isn't the "only" evil in the world, but it is pretty close to being the cause of all other evils.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ancient_wisdom]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Since the 1500s, when our liberal revolution started, the world has been moving on two fronts. The first is technology, which would have expanded with time anyway; the second is toward a liberal democratic view of the universe, which we recognize as modern liberalism.

We can envision liberalism as a fundamental assumption underlying modern civilization. Here's a good summary from John Kekes:

The view of human nature at the core of the liberal faith is thus that human beings are by their nature free, equal, rational, and morally good.
The assumption of liberalism is that we needed a justification for throwing out the kings and idea of God, so we created a new notion: equality. In it we're all the same, or at least should be, so we'll act that way. In order to assume equality, we have to assume that we're all good, intelligent, and capable of making the right decision if only we're given the right opportunities, education, and information.

We've been working on this assumption since the pompously titled "The Enlightenment," which was essentially a scam. People wanted to get rid of kings and the assumption that there was a divine right, or even single right way, to do anything -- even if it was based on reality and the gods were a symbol for how reality worked, much like science is a symbolic representation of reality.

All of our bloviation about "equality" and "morality" is not the reason for our actions, but the justification for them. Kind of like when you accidentally buy an extra quart of ice cream, and then guiltily shrug it off with "well, we'll use it anyway eventually" even though you're planning to take it off to the TV room and eat the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by godless

reply to post by godless

OT

ru a music fan?

Where YouTube is concerned if it ain't funny I ain't interested. As for music, it's my middle name! I'm Godless Music Godless! My friends just call me Damned!

Should I call that HEAD IN THE SAND? oh well...
hmm: www.youtube.com... when ur ready Damned! ...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
I really wish we all had the ability of free thinking we would probably be able to see the truth what ever it may be.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best friend, said it this way.....way back in the original Pentateuch..."But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."

its about ALL UR HEART.....

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
my message was not to god like.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Let me ask you this does God hold realm over everything? So is if he does then he is evil itself is he not.

Why don't you hear of the childhood of Jesus to much not much is written on the subject why? You would think someone who touched the people around him as much as he did everything would be put down on paper.

What about the wife of Jesus? Why did they try and hide key facts? What are they hiding?

Did you know that the bible was actually voted on. They picked and voted on the books that would stay and go. And it was written over many years why?

Does the bible think incest is a bad thing? If so why are we all the children of incest? Why show such hypocrisy?

The earth is only 7000 years old or something like that. How do you explain the dinosaurs and if man walked with them why don't we see them using the bones and domesticating them? If they would have walked with them they would have used them.

And lastly you talk about missionaries it is a good thing to help people in need at the cost of there very souls? Why not just help and leave god out of it. If there is a god missionary work I believe will be a unforgivable sin in some cases.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I don't hate Christians.

Having said that, all your points prove nothing......
[edit on 11-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

Nothing?

Really?

Nothing?

Are you using hyperbole?

Deep breath..........whoosaaaaa!!!!!

One more time, I won't bite...why do you deny the GOOD, to bouy your (percieved) position?

Yes, really...they prove nothing. They might prove that Christianity had some good effects, and I doubt anyone will contest that, but that's about it. It doesn't prove there is a God, doesn't prove that Christianity is the "right" religion, doesn't prove Satan exists, and certainly doesn't allow us to say "Christianity is good"...because it's the cause of many bad things as well.

Helping the poor Inquisition
Creating moral "ground rules" Not bringing priests to justice who molest children

It's all a balance. Christianity and its church is responsible for a lot of good things, and bad things as well. But those good/bad things don't prove the existence of God or validate the religion in the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I'm getting the basic notion right, let's see... An alleged Single Creator of the entire infinite, incomprehensible universe happens to have an alleged "Only Begottten Son" born right here on this planet in the dark (emphasize DARK especially when referring to human "civilization" at least as we know it) outer rim hinterlands, the Bumf** Egypt of a nondescript galaxy. Okey dokey, yeah, right! I want to believe there are intelligent species out there who would recommend the men in white coats apprehending such a deranged CULT and throwing them in the padded cells... Well, OK, I guess a TRULY intelligent and civilized enough species wouldn't do that. They just wouldn't allow anything even vaguely resembling political power to, or any influence period from, any type of religious zealots.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Christianity is evil but i am just person

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by OldThinker

Let me ask you this does God hold realm over everything? So is if he does then he is evil itself is he not.

Why don't you hear of the childhood of Jesus to much not much is written on the subject why? You would think someone who touched the people around him as much as he did everything would be put down on paper.

What about the wife of Jesus? Why did they try and hide key facts? What are they hiding?

Did you know that the bible was actually voted on. They picked and voted on the books that would stay and go. And it was written over many years why?

Does the bible think incest is a bad thing? If so why are we all the children of incest? Why show such hypocrisy?

The earth is only 7000 years old or something like that. How do you explain the dinosaurs and if man walked with them why don't we see them using the bones and domesticating them? If they would have walked with them they would have used them.

And lastly you talk about missionaries it is a good thing to help people in need at the cost of there very souls? Why not just help and leave god out of it. If there is a god missionary work I believe will be a unforgivable sin in some cases.

No...... God does not hold all things...scripture says He allows FREE WILL....would you/anyone prefer, he have robots who say, " I LOVE U GOD< I LOVE U!" How about your kids, would you be impressed with that? Would they be sincere? I LOVE U DADDY...and they were programed that way??????

Of course not....your kids CHOOSE to love you...because of the PROTECTION U provide, right? same with F/S/HS....the big 3!!!!

= = = =

Next, JC's life is silent from 12-ish to 33...is that relevant? Are you curious? certainly there are records on that, have you read?

= = = =

the WIFE of JC???
You have been watching too much Tom Hanks....

= = = ==

Nicea? Yeah, I know about that....are you ready to statistically disapprove of an OMNIPOTENT being who wants to convey a message and can't....I'll take odds against that....ready to wager?

ru ready to say an all powerful being who wants to CONVEY a message to us can't? PLEASE!!!!!!!

= = = = = =

Missionaries LEAVE God out? They don't.....have not...and it is naive to think they will/could...

= = = = =

Stop fighting the ONE who knows you best

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yes, really...they prove nothing. They might prove that Christianity had some good effects, and I doubt anyone will contest that, but that's about it. It doesn't prove there is a God......

Nothing=good effects???????

What does NOTHING mean to you friend?

OT not trying to prove God exists....you'll have to fight that one yourself!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
For me, the "concept" of religious ambiguity and hypocrisy was established at an early age.

I attended a High School Football game. Before the game, the Home Team knelt in a huddle and prayed on the field. The Visiting team did not. The Home Team lost the game. Apparently, GOD was rooting for the other side.

KK,

Glad you joined!

You are smarter than most...

Last HS football game i attended JC was tending to world hunger....should we inform him of the score???

Maybe Tim Tebow could do it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join