It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

My Friend,

I'll betray my long-winded tendencies only to say, I felt it too.

Best Always,

M

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
This should be a reminder to all of us that the words we write and the feelings we express here, even on the anonymous internet, have a lasting impact - one way or another. So we should always strive to make it a good lasting impact as Justin did.

The question I guess I will think about is this... Would I be proud to have my family and friends read all of the things I write? I'm not talking about the subjects we discuss but HOW we discuss them.

I am quoting this post entirely because it deserves to be read again.
Thank you so much Iamonlyhuman for giving us this important thought.

And thank you S-doggie for providing such a lovely sentiment and tribute
to this remarkable young man.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If anything, we owe his family a thank you for bringing him to us and letting us borrow him for a while. We are all the better for it.

THANK YOU!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Thankyou so much for helping us have 'closure' by sharing the journey and details with us.

I just want to hug you right now as I cry.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou to Justin, his Family and SD and all of ATS.

Its awesome the love we sent and also unexpectedly received back beautifully, resonated world wide. If I try to explain anything more at this point Ill probably not do it justice as im quite emotional.

themuse

[edit on 11/3/2010 by themuse]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My tears flowed while reading your post.

I have made friends on this site and feel like we are family. The owners, moderators and members are very special.

I'm proud to be part of the ATS family.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I can relate so well to how the family was so touched by this. How the mother just held you for 10 minutes. Appreciation is a funny thing. They knew he was a great guy, but they had no idea. How he touched lives in a world all but foreign to them.

I wasn't close to him but I can relate to his story big time. I might have been had I got more into the details of UFOs and Alien research, but I was always happy with the summary of what came from such research. Anyway, I lost a friend who I gamed with online. He was 21. His family will NEVER know how much I appreciated him and how he changed me, inspired me. It's just one of those things that never came to pass.

I don't really know how to bring that all together, just know when you look in anyone's eyes you can't possibly see all the good in them, there's always something else, something more. We forget things so easily, we bury a snapshot when we bury a person. It's the best we can do.

But always remember, there's more behind them than we can EVER imagine. How many friends someone had that you didn't realize, how many people they made smile in their life, made laugh, how many they stood up for, how many they were there for, how many they helped, how many they listened to.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's hard to avoid the cliches at these times and in trying to avoid them...I'll likely hit the bullseye of several. Something I've noticed is that he was a large presence on the boards during his life...increasingly so in the past 6 months. In life he made an impression. His death has had an effect on members that is rare or unknown on a forum this size. In life and death...he's continued to make an impact.

That's rather an achievement in the real or the virtual world

Thanks SD for the cool image and the OP...it was well-judged.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I didn't ever get to correspond with Justin personally however, I was able to read his threads and his posts and I always enjoyed reading them. He was obviously a very intelligent individual who never seemed to judge others for their opinions no matter how out there they may have seemed. He seemed to respect everyone and treated everyone with courtesy and dignity and for that he deserves a million thumbs up from me.

I hope that he enjoys the other side and that he rests in peace.

I also thanks Shroedinger for his very well written story. It was very touching indeed.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thankyou s-dog

I dont know what to add really....but this thread has moved me....a lot

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thank you Justin, for all that you gave and all that you give....

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Damn
I don't even really know what to say Dog. This is quite a heartfelt post.
I can say that as one with a great number of caleses from this sort of thing. Despite them, I was touched and should leave it at that. Never
been any good at this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Dear Justin,

We are all with you and your family right now.
I had visions of our book being read privately in the home. I never expected it to be read out... and every single page too!

Just goes to show how far ATS has brought us all, eh. It brought us all together in ways we could never have imagined. In all my years on the internet, I have never experienced anything quite like this.

We should all be proud of each other for all that we have done for everyone involved.

I was talking about you to some friends of mine at work the other day and I mentioned this book of the thread. It was a strange kind of stunned silence that they commented with. This book is really quite unique.

I know your family will treasure it.

Well, mate, I gotta go now.. gotta get ready for work.
Take care and travel far.

Best regards
Extralien

Dear Justins aunt,

Thank you so much for reading the book like that. It brought tears to my eyes, as I have tears again now while writing this to you.

A truly massive thank you from all of us here reaches out to you. Thank you for sharing all our words and thoughts with your family who are so far away, yet now, so very close to all of us.

Thank you.

Best regards
Extralien

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Although I should be familiar with death and pain by now, it never fails to touch me. I`ve cried when I read both of the posts about Justin. Its not all that uncommom for me to shed a few tears over something that might seem to others to be something that should be far away from my immediate concerns. But this time, and a few weeks ago with the other jkrog thread, it was way more than a few. Cant really say why. I didnt kno justin. I was just considering joining this site when I heard the tragic news of this man. Unfortunately I didn`t get a chance to write any kind words. As I read that first post, it sealed my decision as far as joining. and i actually meant to make my first post on that thread to say something nice. then i thought it presumptuous to pretend i could contribute abything when i did not ever know the man. i was shocked as i read further posts and found out his name, justin. i wont say why this name means anything to me. other than it is not a dead or living relative or lover (Im not gay)but something closer. I cant explain any better than that. So it is true what is being said about justin having an effect on people all over. he`s effected me whether he is dead or alive, it matters not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Thank you S-DOG for making the journey
, Justin thanks for all the great and amazing threads you shared I will treasure them forever you will be deeply missed by all of us BIG TIME.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this SD.

I'm glad Justin's family know how important ATS was to him.

edit per authors request.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
*just tears...
S-Dog, you have my utmost respect and you have the biggest heart...
and sometimes it is very hard for us ATS members to convey what "family" means to us..
It means exactly what you did...what you felt, and how you were welcomed there by Justin's family.
Justin had a huge heart as well..he showed it to everyone here...and we shall all remember him that way, with love in our hearts and memories in our minds..

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I didn't think I would be in tears minutes after logging on today and this just hit me a bit hard first thing in the morning.
I am proud of this community's staff and membership.
That was extremely touching.
Thanks for taking the time to do this SD.

Shine on Justin.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am overwhelmed by the amount of love and compassion this site has for its members! I just hope one day that I am remembered in such a way as Justin!

Love and peace

Freq Of Nature!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That may be the most touching post I have ever read.

Thank you so much for sharing that SD.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join