It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soulmates: Do they exist? What are they?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I am not big on the whole Soul Mates thing . Even if its true that everyone has a Soul Mate with Six Billion People on this planet the TAB wouldn't even bother to take bets on somebody finding there Soul Mate .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I hope its true and that there is infact 'soulmates'. Hearing from people on this thread who say that they have met and married their 'soulmate' is very nice, it just goes to show that there may be hope for me yet, hope someday I am lucky enough to meet someone who I could claim to be my soulmate

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I found mine too, i've been together with my girlfriend now for nearly 6 years and it was and is a wonderful time. We share many interests and have so much fun. It is as if she's a clone of myself just with little differences that makes it interesting.

And i believe that we were ment for each other because before her i never thought about being in a lesbian relationship, then i met here and it was even more than just love on first sight it was this unbelievable feeling i can't describe when i first met her and we had this long talk about everything. Afterwards everything moved into place very fast. Just 2 months later we moved together and have been together ever since. I hope i will never lose her.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
YES, I do believe SoulMates Exist. I have met mine, but unfortunatly I am not married to her. There is a certain feeling that you get when you know you met your soulmate. It's very real. I didn't want to post this, but I thought I needed to just to let others know what I've felt. I won't go into details about my situation but just explain when you know you have found your soulmate.
I knew her 22 years ago, but was too young and stupid to know what love felt like. I knew there was something about her then that I just knew was different. I had this feeling of this complete draw to her back then and didnt really know how to deal with it. I had always thought of her over the next 22 years. Always thinking what life would be like with her. Then after meeting her again and being older and knowing what love is, this feeling in my chest happened when I saw here again. It wasn't just the butterflies you get when you are excited. It was a feeling I have never felt in my entire life. It came from inside my chest, where your soul is supposed to exist. It was like this light was set on fire and I litterly felt this buzzing inside my chest. Seriously, a buzzing inside my chest that lasted a complete month. It never went away, not when I slept, not when I was working, or doing other distractive things during the day. It was always there, like My Soul was sparked to life and finally found it's match. Then the undeniable love flowed from this feeling and there is nothing this person could say or do to make you think anything differently. It's total complete love. And the best feeling ever. Trust me, most people go through life never feeling this feeling and think they are just fine. Which is Ok, most married people don't have the true soulmate connection, they just work well together and love each other. But Soulmate love is truly totally different and you will know when you have found it. YOU WILL KNOW.
God bless everyone looking for it, it's the most amazing thing in life....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I feel like you wind up with someone you meet somewhere in your every day life's comings and goings that clicks with you for some reason or another. I feel like you could be attracted to thousands of people but not compatible in a relationship possibly.

I also feel like if you were plucked up, moved to another country never to return, you would find someone sooner or later that you would hit it off with that you would have never other wise met.

I don't know if I believe in soul mates or not but people get inside our heads that we have brushed shoulders with through out the years.

A lot of times it seems people will end up with someone they worked with and over time broke the barriers between themselves. Its funny I've noticed movie stars after working with someone new, now all the sudden they want to go out and marry that person.

There might be something sort of magical about the actual meeting of that special someone in your life. You know the circumstances that brought about you knowing that person even exists. You could have turned a different corner sort of thing.

Or you could not intentionally go through some sort of hell together and hit it off kind of like the movie - Six Days Seven 7 nights.

Two things stick out to me, compatability and then the luck or good fortune to find each other.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyFever

I just want to say that your post just blew me away! I am in the exact same situation...we met when we were 16 but I broke up with him because I was scared of my feelings. He moved away shortly afterwards but I never forgot him. Fast forward 25+ years & we are both married.....he found me & we instantly clicked, like we've never been apart. It's so hard to explain, but your post is how I feel exactly. It's much deeper, more pure than love.......you feel it in the very core of your soul. I still love my husband dearly, but what I feel with him is inexplicable....like we are two halves of a whole.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

So there it is! Have any of you found your "soulmate"? I would love to hear from those believe in them and those who dont.

A very good question. Here is my take on the Soul Mate.
Every single one of us is a Spirit, first and foremost. This Spirit, Divine and Pure, is composed of two minor spirits, one Male, one Female. When one is incarnated, the other is at 'Home," in the Spirit World. The one above watches over and helps the one below, and they both learn together in this manner. Sometimes the male, or the female, will never incarnate, and the living Spirit will always be the same sex. Others switch on a regular basis. This "Mate" is always present, it seems to be a female voice in a male's head, and a male's voice in a female's head. Curiously, when I had occasion to meet my Holy Guardian Angel it too was identical twins, with wings. So to me, there is a connection to the Spirit World, whether one believes it or not.

As for my own Soul Mate, yes, I know her quite well, we talk all the time, and sometimes are together in dreams. I can see her reflection in my daughter's face, and sometimes in my own face in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think i met my twin soul. Shes married to some loser...you know, the kind of loser that women love to have, that they always whine about but always end up with. We had a fling together and now she claims i only hung out with her for the sex blah blahhhhhh blahhhhh. Shes a worthless POS if you ask me, but when i first met her i felt like i had known her my whole life. Our short relationship was very electrifying and fun and had the best sexual relations of my life. Then she false flagged me to create an excuse to never speak to me again. But i have never experienced this before or since. I am confident that at the very least i was romantically involved with her in a past life.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have been married to mine for the past 20 years
Don't get me wrong, we don't wear twin jumpers or anything and we have completely different interests, but we just 'fit' you know?

There has not been a day when he hasn't made me laugh (one of the most important and most underated things in a marriage) and I know that I can tell him anything and he will not judge me - he might take the mickey out of me, but judge, no.

I'm not a particularly romantic person, but he makes me want to be. He is my love.

OK (cough) that's enough soppiness for now.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4a5010bbd0.jpg[/atsimg]

So there it is! Have any of you found your "soulmate"? I would love to hear from those believe in them and those who dont.

Thank you for starting this wonderful thread, just what i needed.

I've been wondering about this lately, as I recently met someone very special to me.
I got pretty burned in the last relationship i had, so i waited and scouted for someone i could call my soul mate, someone i could trust, that would love me back as dearly and unconditionally as i loved them. I waited for 10 long years, and had just given all up when she suddenly found me, when i least awaited her. I really love this woman, and I'm under the belief that she loves me to.

However, maybe because of the long wait, the questions and worries keep mounting up. Shes not as cuddly or loving as i am, and i find it heartbreaking that she only holds me when we're asleep (even thou i enjoy the few nights i get with her, sadly i travel allot). But, this makes me process my need for cuddling, or my urge for proximity(closeness), makes me ask myself why this is the case, and i see that this only makes me more self aware, but i still don't want to dampen my cuddliness, to turn down my need for physical contact. I've asked myself several times "Is this woman my soul mate? Is this really happening? Can i really cope with her being so much "colder" than I? Is this the right thing to do? The questions keep mounting, and i keep struggling to process all the thoughts, because if i cannot, the relationship will truly end.

I'm a firm believer in that there is such a thing as soul mate, even soul mates, but not in the sense of "perfect for one another". Only the universe (god) is perfect, we have to endure our faults, experience them and learn from them. Soul mates shouldn't be 100% perfect for one another, wouldn't that get boring after a while? I think they should complement one another, challenge one another, comfort and help one another, and bring one another to higher and higher level of understanding and appreciation of each other and the rest of the universe, that is what love really is, all of existence, both good and bad things, love is all.

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” [/color=Blue]

I could not have said it better myself, thank you again.

Blessed are those who find true love, but don't wait for it(like i did), it most likely won't come till you give up.

And yeah, this is my first post at ATS, and as a Norwegian, I just hope my grammar isn't to bad for you.

Peace and love! - Konrad Santos

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonradSantos

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4a5010bbd0.jpg[/atsimg]

Thank you for starting this wonderful thread, just what i needed.

I've been wondering about this lately, as I recently met someone very special to me.
I got pretty burned in the last relationship i had, so i waited and scouted for someone i could call my soul mate, someone i could trust, that would love me back as dearly and unconditionally as i loved them. I waited for 10 long years, and had just given all up when she suddenly found me, when i least awaited her. I really love this woman, and I'm under the belief that she loves me to.

However, maybe because of the long wait, the questions and worries keep mounting up. Shes not as cuddly or loving as i am, and i find it heartbreaking that she only holds me when we're asleep (even thou i enjoy the few nights i get with her, sadly i travel allot). But, this makes me process my need for cuddling, or my urge for proximity(closeness), makes me ask myself why this is the case, and i see that this only makes me more self aware, but i still don't want to dampen my cuddliness, to turn down my need for physical contact. I've asked myself several times "Is this woman my soul mate? Is this really happening? Can i really cope with her being so much "colder" than I? Is this the right thing to do? The questions keep mounting, and i keep struggling to process all the thoughts, because if i cannot, the relationship will truly end.

I'm a firm believer in that there is such a thing as soul mate, even soul mates, but not in the sense of "perfect for one another". Only the universe (god) is perfect, we have to endure our faults, experience them and learn from them. Soul mates shouldn't be 100% perfect for one another, wouldn't that get boring after a while? I think they should complement one another, challenge one another, comfort and help one another, and bring one another to higher and higher level of understanding and appreciation of each other and the rest of the universe, that is what love really is, all of existence, both good and bad things, love is all.

“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” [/color=Blue]

I could not have said it better myself, thank you again.

Blessed are those who find true love, but don't wait for it(like i did), it most likely won't come till you give up.

And yeah, this is my first post at ATS, and as a Norwegian, I just hope my grammar isn't to bad for you.

Peace and love! - Konrad Santos

Thank you for sharing your story. The part that stood out to me the most was the part where you are questioning wether you just be accepting of this persons character and action despite being something that you truly are missing. My relationship is currently struggling because I wish he did certain things different and I dont want to let go but I feel deep inside the need to somehow just make sense of it all, otherwise, I think I'm done with it.

I love him, but part of me thinks that maybe there is a person out there who will not give me 100% of what I need but definitely more than what I have right now. Good luck and hopefully she is your soulmate !

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would give my opinion, but too many have already given it..lol

We have multiple soul mates, and we swap roles with them through lifetimes, learning every aspect of life and love and hate.

Tis a classroom of life, and the soul mates are the teachers we learn sometimes hard lessons through.

I believe we comes in groups. Soul groups...soul mates....

Twin Flame.

Or so this lifetime seems to be teaching me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am a total skeptic of both "love at first sight" and "soul mate."

(although I've been married to the same girl for nearly twenty years now....)

I mean no disrespect to the OP or her supporters; I'm sure the concept of "soul mate" best explains her own experiences. I guess you could say that disbelief in soul mates fits in with my own experience.

Here are several axioms I do subscribe to:

1). You are a complete and whole human being on your own; you don't need another person to "complete" you. Growing up means taking responsibility for yourself. Doing so will actively enhance your ability to love someone else whole-heartedly. It will also make you more easily loveable in return.

2). Sometimes lust is automatic.

3). But love never is automatic. Love is a choice. You choose to love someone. If it is your child, you love him or her despite the obvious shortcomings, despite the mistakes and downright bad choices. You love them, not because the are 'good enough' or acceptable enough, but simply because you do. The same with your lover. If you put zero effort into your relationship, because it "should be effortless," your love will wilt and die at the first obstacle.

4) You put more into a relationship than you get out of it, if the relationship endures over time. You don't "get" an emotional payout all the time from love---that's lust, after all. With love, you continually invest in the relationship, because the relationship itself is right and wholesome. Again, you put more into your relationship with your children than you get out of it, but that's ok because you LOVE them. If you find yourself raising children for the emotional high of their dependence on you, then watch out---you're doing it wrong. Likewise with romantic love. If you are doing it for the high, that's lust. If you are doing it because it is the best use of your efforts, then that's love.

5) True love is fidelity. It can only be considered addictive in the sense that you are so satisfied with it that you cannot picture anything different. As a man, I cannot picture cheating on my wife with some celebrity or other stranger I met in a bar. I've built a life with my significant other. I am turned on by her in part because I know her and she knows me. Compared to that, getting naked with a stranger seems dangerous and embarrassing. Who is this other woman who i'd be attracted to? Can she cook? Is she funny? Is she a good mom? Can I trust her with my cash and firearms? Will she turn on me when I don't serve her immediate interests? How could this stranger even begin to know what my wife knows about what I like in bed? I only have intimacy with the person I trust most on this planet---why would I trade all that in for some unknown?

6. If there is only one person on earth for you, then you are practically impossible to love. Me personally, I'm a great guy. I could probably make a fairly good life with most women. And my wife is the same way. There's nothing magical about me---any well-adjusted guy could fall in love with her and build a great life together. It probably helps me be good because I know that I'm not her sole hope at happiness.

7. This one's a secret.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think soulmate only exist after you met the person, Its formed after not beforehand.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Hi blackmetalmist

I really hope you communicate with your partner about the things you would like done differently, he might be willing to try to change, at least some of them. He might not succeed right away, but doesn't he deserve a chance if he is willing to try? Soul mates are supposed to challenge one another, it makes us, each one and the relationship, evolve. And the communication is very important, the more open and honest you are to one another, the deeper you will know each other, and the deeper and closer the relationship will become. Obviously but challenging.

I've decided to accept her being less cuddly and passionate than I, I just love too much else about her.
Found my soul mate in her i did.

Good luck to you too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join