It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French bread spiked with LSD in CIA experiment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That must have been some REALLY good stuff. OR they just took way way way too much. Flowers growing out of their bodies? Someone saw their heart leave through their feet? Too bad they didn't have any Floyd or Hendrix.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They did it back then. Who's to say they're not doing it right now? Crops are not exactly protected from this kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Ya,who knows what else is being put into our foods,cosmetics..etc....I'm hooked on coffee...now I know why..haa...THE UNITED STATES OF POLI-TRICKS!!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would like to know where I can find some of this bread as I love sandwiches and would dearly love to zoom through the Cosmos again.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hah, they had their scapegoat already made for them, I can see why they tried this lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is a nice find, but it's old news to a certain extent. ( Not trying to rain on your parade, OP- Good Job! ). I'm sure it seems shocking to the younger folks here. The CIA did extensive testing with '___'.
The U.S. Army dosed soldiers under more than one set of programs. Soldiers were dosed in clinical trials with the soldier's consent, and that data was collected. There was an instance where a military base was "crop dusted" with a "light" dose of '___', and the folks running the experiment watched the base spiral into dysfunction as a whole.
If you want an honest, candid picture of how the whole '___' phenomenon developed, I recommend ( Yes, I know... ) a book by Timothy Leary titled, "Flashback". It's his autobiography, but he is very candid and open about how those events unfolded. ( The development of pharmaceutical '___' and how the government took over the situation, not these specific tests).
I'm not shocked, I'm not surprised. I am surprised that more of these "events" haven't come to light.
Obviously, the CIA had hoped to find a "wonder truth serum", but '___' doesn't quite work that way. It was seen as a handy, non-lethal chemical weapon. ( There is no such thing as a lethal dose of '___', BTW...Don't freak out nit-pickers, anything can be poisonous if you ingest enough. You know what I mean...).
I've always enjoyed french bread, and now I know why....

[edit on 11-3-2010 by moonzoo7]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
good god... how much of the bread did these people eat?!?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Crapsghetti

Doses of '___' are measured in micrograms. With direct contact it can be absorbed directly into the skin and the blood stream. It has no taste, it has no oder. If someone were unwittingly dosed without knowing what '___' felt like, or having never done drugs in a recreational sense, they would indeed think they were dying or going insane. It would not be pleasant.
BTW, I learned all of this by reading Wikipedia...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've read Albarelli's book (it is nearly 900 pages long), and he makes an incredibly convincing case for this having happened as he states it did. Yes, to some of us the '___' (and other drug) testing by the CIA is old news... and very well documented news... but the Pont St. Esprit incident being a drug test is news in every sense of the word.

Albarelli is an extremely careful and thorough researcher in my experience. The web of the cold war drug experiments, MK Ultra, Artichoke, etc. runs wide and deep, and a good deal of it still remains to be uncovered.

The CIA was using incredibly high doses of '___' in those early trials -- far beyond what most people would consider a recreational dose.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
well isn't that what you get when you bring in all those nazi war criminals to the usa via operation paperclip

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is news to me and I also find it brilliant and evil, but the pure fact that anyone could do this to another innocent, unsuspecting, person boggles my mind. The fact that it was done to a town is astonishing, don't get me wrong I'm not surprised that it happened or to the fact that it very well could happen again but, COME ON. Did the government honestly think they could give people '___' and then try to control them. I mean look at this out come for a perfect example of "controlling" the minds of a population by means of hallucinogenic drugs.(source iMacFanatic)

On August 16, 1951, the inhabitants were suddenly racked with frightful hallucinations of terrifying beasts and fire.

One man tried to drown himself, screaming that his belly was being eaten by snakes. An 11-year-old tried to strangle his grandmother. Another man shouted: "I am a plane", before jumping out of a second-floor window, breaking his legs. He then got up and carried on for 50 yards. Another saw his heart escaping through his feet and begged a doctor to put it back. Many were taken to the local asylum in strait jackets.

Time magazine wrote at the time: "Among the stricken, delirium rose: patients thrashed wildly on their beds, screaming that red flowers were blossoming from their bodies, that their heads had turned to molten lead."

I find this idea absolutely laughable and honestly an ignorant and desperate attempt. But lets face it they will always try things on us like this weather it be France, America, China, Russia, etc.. and not to mention they have better technology now. HA! its a joke just remember to keep trying to watch them as they sit back and watch EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Agnostic_Alien]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You want my take on this whole thing? This was the first stage in a bigger operation. I know I've read documents dealing with the MK Ultra programs wherein they describe how you have to break the individual. Basically a traumatic experience that causes the mind to split and become someone else entirely.

After they poisoned everyone they could look for potential subjects. This was more than likely accomplished through the inevitable intercession of doctors and medical personnel that no one would readily recognize. I'm sure they had to call in outside help.

Candidates were selected and used for whatever agenda was ongoing at that time. I would look for suspicious things that happened after this event that involved citizens who were exposed. This is how they roll.

They've since refined their techniques though. I'm not sure they need the '___' or anything along these lines now to cause someone to split. Like any good technology it became smaller, faster and easier to use.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is crazy. I mean, I've heard of '___' experiments, and people given this stuff for some kind of mind control, or an experiment to see how people behave, and to soldiers, but I haven't heard of this one. Well, until now, at least.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

I wonder how much of it there was. Like you said, it must of been a strong dose, or a large dose.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Here's definitive proof in my opinion that the French have been guinea pigs in this experiment for a long time.

If you have ever wondered what it’s like to be French and on acid at the same time then this video is for you.

typo

[edit on 12-3-2010 by davec0021]

really can't type tonight

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by Flighty

Not really because, as an American, we know that they are more likely to experiment on other countries so statistically, we are the safest. We are the only ones to say"heck with conventional weapons, lets see what this nuke`ll do. the rest of the world will be so entertained by the footage of this mamma that they will let us get away with it. haha. i tell you world, you can only blame america so many times before you become complicit in their NEXT diabolical act. we can rightly put up our hands and say"well nobody tried to stop us when they all saw what we were doing" or "hey we were drunk on power, why`d you let us get behind the wheel". I realized how messed up this country was when I was drinking with some of my "red blooded american buddies" and I tried to explain to them why it was wrong for us to bomb innocent people. especially children who have no idea whats even going on. later that night i awoke to being kicked and hearing shouts of "you traitor!" and "you`re no american!". yeah, a lot of things changed after the invasion... in a way, a civil war had begun. whats funny is i forgave their actions and chalked it up to drunkenness. I just didnt really hang out with them too much after that. but not too long ago i heard the same two guys talkin about how the war was b.s. and bush lied and everything. i didnt mention how violently they were willing to defend bush`s actions a few years earlier. i guess i was just glad that a couple people woke up a little bit. After all it wouldn`t be the first time somone has completely reversed their thinking after havinng. a serious arguement(I prefer to call them "education sessions" on the hope that we can both be educated on some sort of knowledge) with me.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779
Reply to post by Flighty

Not really because, as an American, we know that they are more likely to experiment on other countries so statistically, we are the safest.

There have been plenty of experiments done on Americans and in country. Not even counting the drug experiments there was the infamous Tuskegee syphilis experiment.

In fact as the article says:

Mr Albarelli came across CIA documents while investigating the suspicious suicide of Frank Olson, a biochemist working for the SOD who fell from a 13th floor window two years after the Cursed Bread incident. One note transcribes a conversation between a CIA agent and a Sandoz official who mentions the "secret of Pont-Saint-Esprit" and explains that it was not "at all" caused by mould but by diethylamide, the D in '___'.

While compiling his book, A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA's Secret Cold War Experiments, Mr Albarelli spoke to former colleagues of Mr Olson, two of whom told him that the Pont-Saint-Esprit incident was part of a mind control experiment run by the CIA and US army.

After the Korean War the Americans launched a vast research programme into the mental manipulation of prisoners and enemy troops.

Scientists at Fort Detrick told him that agents had sprayed '___' into the air and also contaminated "local foot products".

Many experiments were carried out in both NYC and San Francisco.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Man I have never heard of any '___' trips like the ones mentioned in OP. Except for those the Government used as anti-drug propaganda, specifically the man jumping out of his window thinking he can fly (not sure how that could happen either).

It's like the story was picked up and posted on the news website as a form of anti-'___' propaganda. I know that's not the case but it does look like it, since generally as far as I know '___' hallucinations don't do any of that. Although I guess these people weren't aware they had ingested a drug and so it would have been very different.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If the French government were unaware of this then it is tantamount to a chemical weapon attack on foreign soil.

Funny to think that the writer of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" was American. Perhaps he should have slipped a few copies to his government!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here are some more '___' facts.Micrograms are 1 millionth of a gram,usual effects from:
100 mic's(a single 'hit' or a small dose)are wavyness in visual field,mental disorder,tremors in abdomen,slight incoordination,yawning

200 mic visuals stronger,with trails or light streamers not actual hallucinations that you might mistake for reality.Intense ideation

300 mics(a stiff dose)walls 'breathing' immaginary lining up of clouds and tree branches,visual hallucinations in other words really indistinguishable from 'reality',real incoordination very hard to bike or walk even,time distortion 12hour effect

500mic(high dose,a 'puddle')Almost too strange to describe afterwards,a riot of color and disacociative thouught.Scary even for the experienced psychonaut.A puddle is where most of your acid casualty stories originate.No toy.

Whoever says this is a tasteless compound has never done it as one of the first effects is a strong whole body tremor and peculiar 'taste' but a synesthesia,so it's indescribable,but a sure sign one is dealing with the real thing.Similar to taking any mild tasting acid such as citric acid but much more complete body involvement.

I'm divulging these things for the benefit of anyone scared they might be dosed some day.This is what to expect.I have counseled many folks at various rave and other TAZ situations dealing with a wild person the first thing is to find out what they've taken.Usually brought to the MASH by friends who can give info when you assure them you're no cop,but there to help and info is important.Next you give them confidence in their mind's strength.Next is getting across the fact this is a temporary effect,no matter how bad it seems they will come down.Singing is one of the most powerful counter effects to mental disassociation,nonsense verse works well.Let the subject know this was a learning experience so pay attention.That's most of it.Acid won't kill you but acting crazy can.Bad trips can teach the most and are the cause of a lot of quitting 'drugs'altogether.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join