It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 10, 2010 - 90% Die-Off of Commercial Honey Bees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am in the wireless industry. I have heard some speculation that the explosive growth of cell towers may be an issue. It could be that the massive RF energy being emitted in many frequencies is somehow interfering with the bees' ability to find it way to it hives. I don't know, but I do wonder.

What most do not understand is that the cell phone use today is not like that of only a few years ago. Previously, cell phones were analogue and there were less towers required to cover a given geography, but now everything is digital and there are more bandwidth capacity demands. In the radio world, closer to the tower means stronger signal, stronger signal equals higher capacity. So with all the smart phones and PDAs doing Internet and not just calling, these new systems require a much higher density of cellular towers.

...Or perhaps it is just the recent wierdness with magnetic poles doing some shifting.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Such strange things happening all over the place. Remember the article about the thousands of dead fish washing up? Also hundreds of starling birds crashing to random deaths simultaneously, male frogs turning female, Lion-fish absolutely eating anything their path and bringing serious concern to the marine eco-system in the Pacific/Atlantic.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
GMO (genetically modified organism) crops causing this? Most of the crops now come from Monsanto's GMO crap, this stuff could be a possible cause of the bee's dying off. They make the crops resistant to certain bugs and pesticides, who knows, I don't like the idea of them messing with food like this.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
My brother and I were talking about the drop in bee population recently. I mentioned how when I was a kid, I couldn't go outside barefoot without fear of stepping on a bee and getting stung. Now, it's totally different. I literally only see 3-4 bees for the ENTIRE summer. That is just not right.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Apparently all of the bees have relocated to my city

There are so many bees here, especially in my neighborhood, that you don't even want to leave your house without worry of getting stung.

You need to learn what the difference between a hornet, Yellow Jacket and honey bee.

Most people get stung by Yellow Jacket's and European Hornet's.

Honey Bee's do not usually sting unless you step on them or threaten their hives, with the exception of the African Honey Bee's.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

There was a documentary on discovery regarding this, they didn’t know what the cause was but weak immune system was present in the colonies which they researched.

They showed how farmers in china because of this had to pollinate all the things by hand and were saying how hard and time consuming it is for a person to do a task which bees do superbly.
Do we have Any guys on ATS good in biology? I wanted to ask; can’t they genetically modify these bees? To make a Super bee

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Storms, Earthquakes, Flooding, Heatwaves... I have a theory that the Earth Itself as well as nature is trying to repair itself. This Planet has been Dying because of us Humans who have Vanity to thank for the Catastrophe's we are having.

The Whole situation is changing and the Planet, just like every other living thing, is trying Desperately to Survive. Humans have destroyed this Planet in our pursuits of Wealth and Luxury.

Winters will be worse and Summers will be hotter. Living things have only one option to survive. It has to adapt to the changing that the Earth is forcing upon us.

It has nothing to do with Climate Change as the Cronies like to put it but more to the Planet trying to exist with an Overpopulated World full of Human Filth and Garbage. Think of how sick a Human Body get's when a Virus starts to Over-Populate our Living Tissue?

I am not religious and I don't believe in any God as such. I do believe in the notion that Life Exists elsewhere in the Universe and that life has tried to make Contact with us just as we have tried to make contact with them.

The Human Race will never acknowledge that it's our fault that we have Killed our Paradise.. And We Have. We have Plundered and Pillaged this Planet (Which does not belong to the human race) for far too long and now the Planet, we call Earth, is fighting back with a Vengence.

We are all going to die and become Extinct ourselves. We are! I don't know when or how but I just know it's going to happen and it has to happen. The Planet is doomed if the Human Race keeps living on it.

Maybe the next Wave of Life that may exist on our Planet can learn from the mistakes that were made in it's past. We didn't learn from the Extinction of earlier life and look whats happening..

I'm not a nutcase. I tried to have the best outlook and try to make Intelligent Conversation and Discussions and I do feel I am fairy intelligent. I have a Good Trade and I think I have contributed to Society in a good way. But, when all you see on the television is Breaking News about Lara Bingles Nude Photo and The New Twilight Movie is being released this week, What HOPE do we really have? How intelligent can we actually be?

I Hope that our Extiction does happen and happens soon. If it doesn't, Planet Earth will not be able to recover.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think the wendy's tomatoes thing is a vendor dispute or something. I can get plenty of tomatoes elsewhere, subway, mcdonalds, a&w, anywhere BUT wendy's.

so, that is just bad business management by Wendy's more than anything else in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Jcury
reply to post by KyoZero

There was a documentary on discovery regarding this, they didn’t know what the cause was but weak immune system was present in the colonies which they researched.

They showed how farmers in china because of this had to pollinate all the things by hand and were saying how hard and time consuming it is for a person to do a task which bees do superbly.
Do we have Any guys on ATS good in biology? I wanted to ask; can’t they genetically modify these bees? To make a Super bee

You would need to know what the problem is first :\
If it's just wireless then we're SOL because I'm sure the corporations will not stop because profit>life

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No one can link to an Einstein quote because he never said this.

When the Einstein thing gets thrown into articles, I have to wonder if other information is flawed or misrepresented.

I no longer know if there is really a colony collapse disorder or not. Some times I read the bees are disappearing, other times I read they are fine.

If they are disappearing, maybe the killer bee invasion has contributed.

I dont know.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a hypothetical limb here, and stoke the conspiracy fire

What if these bee die-offs were intentional?

Are there people who will gain from a lack of bees?
Well, if you were Monsanto, a lack of pollinating bees means more seed sales, right? Instead of being able to grow your own seeds, you'd have to buy them. And you couldn't get good yeilds from your crops which rely on natural pollination. That could potentially be a motive.

Also, honey is a great sweetner. I would much prefer honey over anything artificial. Therefore a lack of honey could increase demand for artificial sweetners, and sweetners such as 'high fructose corn syrup' which are produced from (mainly Monsanto) maize... What's your thoughts?

I am in no way trying to portray these ideas as fact. Just trying to get a little discussion on all the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe the bees realised they are slaves, and the slavemaster keeps taking their honey.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by GoodFella]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
reply to post by hippomchippo

Our state Palmetto Bugs (cockroaches) are large enough to ride here.
I wish the fire ant population in South Carolina would die off 1/10 or
even 90%. You can't garden in crocs here.
Maybe everyone should get a book on honey bees and start raising them in their back yards. Honey is even a mild antibiotic.

LOL! You should see the Florida ones! My first week in Florida I heard scratching at the back door, I opened it, and a Palmetto bug strutted down my hallway, between my feet, made a right turn into the kitchen and waited at the refrigerator! I considered packing back up and going back to Missouri! That is no exaggeration, I'm not saying he knew what he was doing, but that is exactly what he did.

The best way to counteract Fire Ants is to invite regular ants or Domestic Fire Ants to live there. I have been taking special care to only put out Amdro on the fire ant hives, and I throw some organic waste on the "good" ant beds, and it seems to be working.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
I think the wendy's tomatoes thing is a vendor dispute or something. I can get plenty of tomatoes elsewhere, subway, mcdonalds, a&w, anywhere BUT wendy's.

so, that is just bad business management by Wendy's more than anything else in my opinion.

My wife and most of my friends work for Burger King. They were telling me that the other day all the Burger Kings were out of tomatoes. I am pretty sure BK and Wendys are seperate chains.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

I don't know about Wendys, but a couple of years ago it was basically impossible to get a tomato in Florida. Taco Bell, Local Steak Houses, and my favorite Seafood restaurant all had signs saying that they could not get tomatos, or they could only get Cherry Tomatos.

Last year all my tomato plants did terrible, and I heard from friends that the whole state had an unexplained weak year for tomatos. Follow that with the Coldest Florida Winter in recent history and I believe Florida Tomatos and Georgia Peaches are going to be in short supply all year.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
You dumb ass people, Do you think its only honny dees??/get out in the real world like me living in the woods of wisconsin. All the insect world is crashing--we here in n isconsin have known for years--no me
squitos.spiders,frogs,horse flies.# every bug is a tenth of it should be.

Yhe world is DIEING dummies because we all care about money and war. Because we have kids we dont need out of vanity. We either fight or it will be gone --all we can do is watch because we are cowards to fight cowards to change-cowards to read the bible and get real answers. THATS RIGHT real answers--but u will not like the answers in the bible, you love your sins too much. WACH IT ALL PASS AWAY slowly but shurely----DONT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT ----DONT TRUST THE STATE GOVERNMENT---TRUST ONLY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IF U KNOW THEM FOR THE LIES ARE INCREDIBLE COMMING FROM THEM ALL ------UNLESS WE REVOLT ON PROPERTY TAXES AND ALL TAXES WE ARE SCREWED AND U ALL KNOW IT-- We should decide how our tax money is spent,not pigs in uniform. GET READY FOR A WILD SUMMER

Your entire post has nothing to do with the topic. I have no idea how the mods did not take it down but anyway...Last time I checked frogs weren't insects but for simple the folk in the woods of Wisconsin may have a different view on biology. What does the bible,the government,taxes and the concept of revolting have ANYTHING to do with Bee populations? I feel that I have lost thousands of braincells be reading your ridiculous post

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ive noticed the past 2 years here in Wisconsin that there isnt as much insects anymore. there used to be tons of misquitoes in the summer. And I even live next to the woods.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For those wondering about Einstein's theory on bees, he said "If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man will have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination … no more men!”
Not a good sign in my opinion. You don't have to be an entomologist to beleive it either.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
They finally proved that the decline is caused by "inbreeding" if you can believe it. Not enough genetic input over the generations. The rest of the worlds bee populations are intact. Leave it to America to mess up nature

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have allways thought that they were being taken to a "Secure" location along with seeds art books and selected elite for the coming disaster.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join