Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

March 10, 2010 - 90% Die-Off of Commercial Honey Bees

page: 1
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
March 10, 2010 - 90% Die-Off of Commercial Honey Bees
on Vancouver Island, B. C., Canada.
“The amount of bees that have been lost is just phenomenal.
It's the biggest catastrophe to kill bees on the Island ever.”
- Sol Nowitz, Jingle Pot Apiary, Nanaimo, B.C.

Beekeeper Sol Nowitz checks one of his remaining
20 out of 275 honey bee colonies at Jingle Pot Apiary.
Beekeepers all over Vancouver Island are experiencing up to 90%
die-offs of their honey bees, a huge loss that now threatens crop
pollination. Image © 2010 by Toby Gorman, The News Bulletin.
Some theories are that the 2009 summer heat wave reduced the amount of nectar food available to bees and varoa mite attacks weakened the bees' immune systems. But the truth is that scientists still have no definite answer for the death and disappearance syndrome of honey bees called Colony Collapse Syndrome. CCD was first reported in Pennsylvania in the fall of 2006, and spread around the Northern Hemisphere. Recently the most devastated bee populations on Vancouver Island have been Nanaimo and the mid-Island, while American beekeepers since January have seen at least 30% of their healthy honey bees trucked to California for almond pollination die mysteriously, many in only two or three weeks. See 022610 Earthfiles.
Rember Albert Einstein prophecy poleshift.ning.com...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ddarkangle2bad]




posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad
 


Linky to article??

That's only a few miles away from me.. Should be less bees here too then, I guess.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I found a link to a story about this issue, don't think it is the same one the OP quoted however:

www.cbc.ca...

It seems that this is going to be an interesting year in food prices. No bees and deep freeze down to Florida, ouch. Wendy's didn't even have tomatoes the other day, just a sign saying that they couldn't get any from the supplier due to the weather in Florida. Can't wait to see the prices of fruit this summer


Edit to add a thought.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by oneinthesame]



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wasn't there that evidence that male frogs were turning female? I wonder if GMO food crops and spraying aren't part of this equation. And the next part why isn't anyone questioning that part of it?



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
In a past thread I stated that I believed that the main cause was malnutrition, since these bees likely don't feed on a varied diet of wildflowers, when you see honey, like Alfalfa honey, it probably means these bees only fed on a major diet of Alfalfa flowers, and when these bees get trucked around to major agribusiness farms which grow only one or two major crops these bees are going to suffer. Bees aren't meant to be trucked around.

Poor, poor farming and pollination practices. The noobs who are in charge of the farms and the beekeeping who have no love for farming or nature, and are only out for the cash, will never learn.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by star in a jar]



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Untold things are happening all over the place. Bee die offs, huge ocean dead zones and billion year old fire weed (also in the ocean) just happening suddenly. Maybe we are doing it, maybe it's the Earth or both?

It's a tough decision to trust in science in light of recent events i.e climate gate.

So are they going to suppress information contrary to what the government, or other scientists want the results to be?



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Bees are symbolic to :

Activity. Productivity. Social life. Happiness in life. Success in love. Good earnings. Bees signify pleasant and profitable engagements.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dryadlover
Bees are symbolic to :

Activity. Productivity. Social life. Happiness in life. Success in love. Good earnings. Bees signify pleasant and profitable engagements.

Bees are symbolic for me being successful at love?



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


In what you think no. In true essence yes.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dryadlover
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


In what you think no. In true essence yes.

What is true essence and why does it matter what it thinks bees are symbolic of?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by hippomchippo]



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You dumb ass people, Do you think its only honny dees??/get out in the real world like me living in the woods of wisconsin. All the insect world is crashing--we here in n isconsin have known for years--no me
squitos.spiders,frogs,horse flies.# every bug is a tenth of it should be.

Yhe world is DIEING dummies because we all care about money and war. Because we have kids we dont need out of vanity. We either fight or it will be gone --all we can do is watch because we are cowards to fight cowards to change-cowards to read the bible and get real answers. THATS RIGHT real answers--but u will not like the answers in the bible, you love your sins too much. WACH IT ALL PASS AWAY slowly but shurely----DONT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT ----DONT TRUST THE STATE GOVERNMENT---TRUST ONLY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IF U KNOW THEM FOR THE LIES ARE INCREDIBLE COMMING FROM THEM ALL ------UNLESS WE REVOLT ON PROPERTY TAXES AND ALL TAXES WE ARE SCREWED AND U ALL KNOW IT-- We should decide how our tax money is spent,not pigs in uniform. GET READY FOR A WILD SUMMER



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
You dumb ass people, Do you think its only honny dees??/get out in the real world like me living in the woods of wisconsin. All the insect world is crashing--we here in n isconsin have known for years--no me
squitos.spiders,frogs,horse flies.# every bug is a tenth of it should be.

Yhe world is DIEING dummies because we all care about money and war. Because we have kids we dont need out of vanity. We either fight or it will be gone --all we can do is watch because we are cowards to fight cowards to change-cowards to read the bible and get real answers. THATS RIGHT real answers--but u will not like the answers in the bible, you love your sins too much. WACH IT ALL PASS AWAY slowly but shurely----DONT TRUST THE GOVERNMENT ----DONT TRUST THE STATE GOVERNMENT---TRUST ONLY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IF U KNOW THEM FOR THE LIES ARE INCREDIBLE COMMING FROM THEM ALL ------UNLESS WE REVOLT ON PROPERTY TAXES AND ALL TAXES WE ARE SCREWED AND U ALL KNOW IT-- We should decide how our tax money is spent,not pigs in uniform. GET READY FOR A WILD SUMMER

Yes, the total insect population went down 1/10th and NO biologists noticed.
I also like the religious dogma near the end, nice touch.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1
 


Watch your language there, partner.

The link between honeybee's dying and worldwide catastrophe might be there, but it's not worth calling people names.

I want to see this 'Einstein' prophecy.
I still have fly's, mosquitoes, bees, wasps, hornets, and etc...where I live.

The article said that the bees died, but failed to mention the cause.
Hmm....



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by itsawild1
 


Watch your language there, partner.

The link between honeybee's dying and worldwide catastrophe might be there, but it's not worth calling people names.

I want to see this 'Einstein' prophecy.
I still have fly's, mosquitoes, bees, wasps, hornets, and etc...where I live.

The article said that the bees died, but failed to mention the cause.
Hmm....

It's probably a local disease, like that fungus back in colonial britain I believe.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This is a very real and lasting issue.

Worldwide and CCS seems to have quite a few triggers,

Pesticides

GM

ELectromagentic "Bee Radar" jamming lol, they cant see properly and get lost due to all the electromagnetic stuff going on.

People are not taking it seriously enough, and it has massive implications for diversity of our Flora and Fauna, therefore for every thing in the foodchain above that.

Kind Regards,

Elf

I will update it soon, this weekend, and add this thread

****Please look at my signature Below for lots and lots of ATS research on this issue****



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Apparently all of the bees have relocated to my city


There are so many bees here, especially in my neighborhood, that you don't even want to leave your house without worry of getting stung.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Central B.C. Canada, I saw a few honey bees in early February. It was unusually warm, then we had a cold snap. That probably wasn't very good for them.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1
 



I live just south of you. I have not noticed a huge die off of insects (especially not biting insects).

However I have noticed a decline of some pollinators. Honey bees were nearly gone about 2 years but bounced back last year, Bumblebees have not changed at all in terms of numbers that I can see. Lots of wasps and hornets everyyear, butterflies and moths vary greatly with the weather, last year was not the best for them as it was cool in IL.

What would I know? I have extensive flower beds and I try and attract native wildlife.

As far as CCD is concerned I'm pretty sure they have found the causes and it all boils down to poor husbandry. They are malnurished and weakened, making them prey to all kinds of disease and parasites.



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame
 


I just saw that!

went to Wendy's yesterday and my wife noticed that too

-Kyo



posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo
 

Our state Palmetto Bugs (cockroaches) are large enough to ride here.
I wish the fire ant population in South Carolina would die off 1/10 or
even 90%. You can't garden in crocs here.
Maybe everyone should get a book on honey bees and start raising them in their back yards. Honey is even a mild antibiotic.





new topics

top topics



 
24
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join