It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbour Shy? Uses Cash not Cards? - Government Advert Contact Anti Terrorist Hotline!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Someone should ring talksportUK to confirm if this is actually real. Has anyone heard it on the radio station themselves, or just on youtube ?

Do we know the context, or whether it's satire.... I just find it very hard to believe it's a real govt. advert.

If it is, the script-writer should get the sack.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is pure 1984!! I'm glad I'm not in the U.K., although I'm sure a similar program is headed my way soon.

I live next to the grouchiest, nosiest, old man whom I caught standing on his tip toes, looking in my back yard. He's already called the police because I have...gasp... dogs and horses that needed to be "checked out." He would be perfect for a snoop-on-your-neighbor program.

I keep my curtains closed, NEVER start a conversation with my neighbors, in fact, I can go for days and not talk to anyone. I don't use credit cards, am known for walking around outside, in the dark, at odd hours, have nasty barking dogs, and have metal plates reinforcing my doors. Oh, and I have guns.

I have talked to a few people that haven't read George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. If there are any of you out there who have not, you can read it online. You'll have a better appreciation of some of the threads on ATS when you see how relevant this book is today although it was written in 1949 as a jab at the Communist and Fascists.

Nineteen Eighty-Four

'Did I ever tell you, old boy,' he said, chuckling round the stem of his pipe, 'about the time when those two nippers of mine set fire to the old market-woman's skirt because they saw her wrapping up sausages in a poster of B.B.? Sneaked up behind her and set fire to it with a box of matches. Burned her quite badly, I believe. Little beggars, eh? But keen as mustard! That's a first-rate training they give them in the Spies nowadays -- better than in my day, even. What d'you think's the latest thing they've served them out with? Ear trumpets for listening through keyholes! My little girl brought one home the other night -- tried it out on our sitting-room door, and reckoned she could hear twice as much as with her ear to the hole. Of course it's only a toy, mind you. Still, gives 'em the right idea, eh?'

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

It is definatly real John, listen to this.

Call to Anti-Terrorism Hotline

dampnickers made the call.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Casing

Wow, that describes me to a "T".

I would have to say the same thing, and for those who read me, I pull no punches with it comes to "Public Servants" who are bigger criminals than Al Capone ever dreamed of being. I knew this was coming, remember that FBI directive that came out of Missouri a few years ago? The one that labelled anyone like those who post in this forum a terrorist, along with anyone who even had a copy of the Constitution in their car. I have been hassled twice for a Ron Paul bumper sticker on my van. Folks, I believe this is the takeover we have been talking about, it is happening, and the funny thing is, TPTB actually think that We The People are so Stupid that we will just let them do these things to us. This was tested on the Brits, and what has happened there? TPTB will use immigration to push forward a National ID card, and I for one would bet the States haven't got the balls to do anything about it. They are too afraid of the Big, Bad, wolf. Well not us, the Beer Drinking, Chevy/Ford truck driving, NASCAR watching, Shotgun toting, Deer Hunting, Angry Working Class, More angry Homeless Veteran who fought for FREEDOM, and got a CARDBOARD BOX to Live in.

We are the people with a gun rack in our truck. We are the ones you see at Walmart, Kmart, and Kroger. We are the ones you see going to work every day, and we are the voters who think our vote means something. Then we find it does not mean a thing. The Supreme Court can now make a president, who can in turn GIVE HIMSELF unlimited power to do anything he likes, and places him above the law. They want to label me? Let them. Time to man the guns and stand ready to repel boarders.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This reminds me of the communist era in Romania. The hotline had a different topic though " call if you think someone had something to hide especially against the government! and we will keep you safe!" . And what is sad is that people will indeed start calling ... informants/snitches however you want to call them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Right on, man! I agree with every last word you said. It's about damn time we stood up for ourselves and our country and stopped letting TPTB control every aspect of our lives with no consequence.
We The People need to stand steady and firm and not give in to this bull# any longer.
I, for one, will not give up my natural freedoms as a human being, to be herded into a flock of sheep headed for the meat locker.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Edit double post oops sorry,

Please remove mods

Thanks.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Originally posted by Absence of Self

As such I(7) am proud to present to you the all new poster campaign.

Each helpfully illustrating the INDIVIDUAL THINGS YOU SHOULD SEE AS A GOOD REASON TO REPORT SOMEONE (TO SMERSH) FOR!

1. Cameras!!!
2. Houses!!!
3. Mobile Phones! I kid ye not!
4. Delivery Guys!
5. Chemistry.
6. Passports.
7. Credit Cards.
8. Computers...(8)
9. Suitcases. (9)(even worse when seen with passports presumably)
10. Locks. (10)

Hey nice one for uploading these.

If anyone for example looks at the Phone Flyer from the Anti Terrorist Police, there is no doubt of several things:

1. Tip Toe Tip Toe hello and Boo totalitarianism is coming.

2. The biggest threat to us and civillians is TPTB not anything they are trying to scare us about.

3. They are completely insane and what a waste of money and resources.

A quick thought I wonder if all the CCTV cameras in the UK were turned of for a week, the electrical and monitoring bill savings might fix the £ and depression

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The nerve of those people using cash to buy everyday items.
They should be using credit cards like everybody else.

There's no money in cash, If everybody started paying cash for everything
who knows where this will end. Stop the Madness Now.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
The nerve of those people using cash to buy everyday items.
They should be using credit cards like everybody else.

There's no money in cash, If everybody started paying cash for everything
who knows where this will end. Stop the Madness Now.

Its so back to front as well.

In the Advert as OP piece if a neighbour uses cash, phone the Hot Line.

As in my post above yours, they also have flyers saying phone if they have credit cards!!!!

Who is running this show?

Bill & Ben

Homer Simpson...

What on earth is going on , and how much is being paid to fund this madness?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's almost as if the people making up the rules don't know that people still use cash. Cash-payers are still the majority. Who likes to pay to spend money? Most of us don't have extra cash to blow...
How disconnected from reality are the policymakers?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Authorities probably doing whatever they can and are desperate since they have to put out adverts like these.

Tell you what..

US has 300 million people.
Count how many millions of people reside in suspicious countries that terrorists would use to get visas and also count the people the populations from countries terrorists usually originate. How many people are those?
Now check if they have " Neighbour Shy? Uses Cash not Cards? " type of ads and similarly organized law enforcement tactics.
To save you the trouble THEY HAVE NONE.

For instance I live in Greece. Your leftist Obama president recently instated the No-Visa requirement from Greece to US and vice versa, it was announced to our leftist president during his visit to the White House day before yesterday. While it might help tourism a bit (both countries have economic problems right now, who are we kidding) since we recently have a new immigration law, just passing it today, with VERY LAX requirements for any applicants, they will be basically handing out nationality left and right and all those people would have no problem now to travel to the US. Guess from where the majority of those applicants will be coming from? Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Albania, Kosovo, Turkey, all the neat places right?

I guess WE would have been benefited by such draconian laws instead of you people, I guess some other countries too but HEAVEN FORBID! Human rights watchers NGOs are being monitoring everything left and right sponsored and financed FROM BUSINESSMEN WITHIN the US, who also have something to say about crashing economies all over the Globe.

This is the real situation on why YOU GUYS over there need such draconian laws. The departing points (countries) people scream for better policing and more draconian laws, but they don't get it. The receiving countries scream for more relaxed laws and more freedom but they never get it.
EVERYTHING IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT SHOULD BE.

At least we have the internet, I can tell YOU over there what is going on OVER HERE and probably together we might discover who is doing this to all of us HERE and THERE and most of all, HOW IT IS BEING DONE.

Would you figure out of all these thinks I just posted here, while you were checking out this new add? Probably not, but now you do! Thank God for the internet which I believe, we won't be enjoying for very long. So spill the beans people! Don't care about who's left or right, we are all people and we all going to be under a Global regimes boot. Lets spill the beans while we can!

[edit on 10-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey spy on your neighbors, be very afraid. Does he/she talk about the big picture? Does he/she read books or post ideas on the internet? Does he/she believe in conspiracy theories? Is the person in question quiet? Is he/she arab? Is he/she not drowning in debt? Does he/she grow his/her own food or attempt self-sufficiency?Is he/she a 9/11 truther? Does he/she express distrust of the government/big banks? And, finally, is he/she intelligent?
If any of the above are true, then he/she is a terrorist! PANIC! Call the police!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

That was an absolutely perfect representation of what's going on. I love it. Stars for jo0.o

edit for spelling

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Dank513]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Without an Al Queda and all those fundamentalist Muslims pouring all over the West no one ever would have thought of a need to spy on his neighbor and report them to the authorities. I guess Big Brother got 2 birds with one stone, but I really think that all this time we were the bird Big Brother was really after and not the fabricated Al Queda.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I can see the calls coming in allready.

THERE'S A GUY INFRONT OF ME USING CASH!!!!

Should I call him in or wait it out and see what happens?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The real terrorists are the people in power. The politicians use fear to get what they want. Like bush saying there were WMD's in Iraq (fear mongering lies) and look how many millions are dead now because of those lies. And look how many corporations made millions and billions of dollars war profiteering on this.

I'm so fed up with it all.

Representative democracy has failed. we need to switch to direct democracy and let the people decide for themselves. We need to fire all these politicians. The Democrats are utterly useless. The Republicans are worse than useless, they are obstructionist. We need to pull all our money out of the big banks and let them fail. we need to drop all our insurance, and let the insurance companies fail. We need to show the government and the corporations and the lawyers that its the PEOPLE who have the real power. its time to FIGHT BACK. wage economic warfare on these people.

We need to actively fight the injustice in this world.
What happened to no taxation without representation. I don't feel represented.
why is health care so expensive? the big corporations that make medical supplies are charging $1200 for a stapler they use once and throw away. for example.
why are the banks charging %30 interest on credit cards? because your all so dumb that you have credit cards and bank accounts. pull your money and let these big banks die. %30 interest is criminally insane.
why do people pay insurance when the insurance companies just drop you the moment you get sick? insurance is a scam. stop supporting these extortionists.

Bankers are your enemy. Wall street is your enemy. The rich and powerful are YOUR ENEMY. they want to take whats yours and leave you to die homeless on the streets. The corporations and politicians are all in on it. The lobbyists are bribing your representatives to vote counter to your interests. Our system has failed.

Let it all burn and lets rebuild from the ashes.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Are we freaking living V for Vendetta or what?

All the governemnts of the world have lost it. It's a sad time to live in my opinion. I feel more sorry for the kids i brought into this fascist, big brother, suspect everyone world.

They want us to be afraid to speak out. . . and you know what this citizen of earth says to that?

Kiss it Big Brother. I will teach peace and love to my children. I will teach them that freedom is everything. I will show them the man behind the curtain. I don't fear you or your evil. Humanity will prosper with or without your consent. So in short Big brother PISS OFF.

Am I on the list now? Are you watching me because I am a free person? Why do you fear us? If you could keep your grimey mitts out of our cookie jars we wouldn't be so discenting. This is your fault not ours. Stop making us suffer for your paranoid short comings.

People of earth fear not your fellow man. Fear not your brothers and your sisters. People say peace never accomplishes anything. . . I say how hard have we really tried?

We the people are the majority we pay your bills Big Brother. Biting the hand that feeds you leads to hungry dogs. . . perhaps you should remember that.

Peace, Love, and Humanity will prevail.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
They have all this wrong in my opinion. If you want to hide terrorist activities, do it in plain sight. Be friendly, keep your curtains open and mix with the local community. Be an upstanding citizen.

The best way to be a terrorist is to blend in, not stand out. Good god man, do they know nothing about covert ops?

By the time they realise that you are a terrorist, it is too late.

[edit on 11/3/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dank513
reply to post by john124

It is definatly real John, listen to this.

Call to Anti-Terrorism Hotline

dampnickers made the call.

hi..that link is broken..can you repost it please..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join