It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge for all Christians!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ying and yang. there can be no good without evil.

i dont think this is a question for christians in any way. Ask religious philosophers. its there job to ask these questions about the notion of god and all religions in general.

Im sure you could come up with your own answer to this instead of making it a public ordeal set against christianity. Nothing here will in any way disprove christianity. Not that im christian or anything.

Faith is a natural response to things we dont have knowledge about. have you ever heard of "god of the gaps"? its the idea that gaps in human understanding necessitate the conception of some alternate explanation, namely god.

There is nothing wrong with this. People who believe in some sort of god simply attribute the unexplainable to the divine or simply unexplained. They lay no claims to complete knowledge of god.

But then again, who among non-believers can justify that which they cannot explain. only through "science which has not yet been achieved". This is a science "that which none then greater can be conceived." But, there is nothing to suggest that science has all the answers to these kinds of questions about life, and so perfect science is as much a product of faith as a perfect, omnipotent and omnibenevolent being. (OR WHATEVER!)

[edit on 7-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by SPACEYstranger]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Their faith has changed thru' the ages to fit with current scientific models. The latest trying to claim evolution and alien's to be god's work. Therefore proving faith to be unreliable because if faith were reliable, it would have believed correctly to begin with.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

- Epicurius

Seems fair enough to me. Satan is just a convenient way for Christianity to explain away bad things. This ridiculous notion that for good to exist so must evil is patently untrue. It's like saying I can't be a nice person to others without some jackass being a jackass. If the jackass went, heck - if all of them went - I'd still be able to be a nice person.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverstreak
What's the point of living if you don't believe in something?

What is the point of believing if you believe your life isn't worth living ?
Only a test for a reward in the afterlife ?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silverstreak

You don't need to believe in God, or any other mythical creation, in order to believe. Some of us believe in the potential of man-kind, of the beauty of knowledge, and the quiet grace of simply learning.

What's the point in believing when you can't be sure what you're believing in is true? You might be wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Let me try to explain in my futile way and yes I will have to use scripture as any thing else is not true.

Is it true that you were birthed with scripture in hand? Were you formed along with the book? You were enjoined at the marriage supper yet you don't remember? You've forgotten the communion? If you have faith in scripture, are you not obligated to fulfill every word? Have you forgotten your calling? If Christ has made you free, then you are free, why do you seek to put yourself back under the yoke?

It is as you say, futile...

There is no speaking of truth nor writing of truth, for truth is not contained in vanity. It can not be contained, stamped and marketed in KJV or printed in Koran, or duplicated in an 8 fold path, it can only be as it was so that it is....forever.

I could light every religion's book on fire now and his word will remain, don't you believe his words to you?

You are the truth because the truth abides in you judging to separate light from dark. Is not the book sweet in your mouth yet, rotting in your stomach only to have you widen your mouth for more?

Know the truth and it shall set you free...

God's words are spirit and truth..."doing what you say", so that all of the law of the prophets hangs by these two. Love the lord your God, and love your neighbor as yourself. And how do you love yourself without instruction? Ah but you have instruction, only read the first again.

"All souls are mine" says the lord. Those close and those far off belong to him alone and none are snatched out of his hand.

I will ask you. Is this scripture truth?

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think its more of just a belief in an explenation for the universe.

ask, "why are we here"? now, try and imagine infinite nothingness, and suddenly time and space popping into existence.

Now try and determine the perfect mathematical formula that would permit such a completely unwarranted occurrence.
if you try and think all the way back, before science and before a relative universe, there is no conclusion to draw other then that there must be an initial cause that set it all in motion.

This initial cause doesnt have to be a rational thinking perfect being. But it has to be SOMETHING "that then which none greater can be conceived". because with all the unlikelihood of the universe even coming into existence, it did, and it made room for us. Im not saying organized religion has the right explanation, but at least they ask and try to answer those questions that determine how we exist at all.

the alternative is just not to think about it. to have belief and faith in your kids or your life. But i, for one, could never simply let the biggest question in existence simply slide. just because i might not be right doesn't mean im wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Satan used to be a good angel - but he turned evil and a whole bunch other good angels followed suit - so God decided to let mankind have free will and in the end, He'll see who chose to follow Him, and who chose to follow satan.

Therefore, those that choose God will have eternal life - those that do not, will have eternal damnation.

God built the house, therefore He makes the house rules.

As an added note, in the end, it isn't going to make a difference who you are, your title, your religious affiliation, how you voted, if you are black/white/chinese/etc, how big your house or bank account was, what kind of car you drove, OR if *you* agreed with His rules to begin with - it's ALL going to come down to whether you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

That's not a threat - that's a promise from the Almighty God - our Creator. We, as humans, can choose not to follow Him, He gives us that choice - free will, yes we have that so *we* are basically the captain of which port our ship will eventually dock - in hell or Heaven. That choice is ours.

See, OP, except for right now, I didn't even mention the "faith" word.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

I could light every religion's book on fire now and his word will remain, don't you believe his words to you?

To back it up.
How many years are in the bible stories before Moses wrote them down ?
All that time the word kept it alive.

Is not the book sweet in your mouth yet, rotting in your stomach only to have you widen your mouth for more?

My respect for the original way you say that every answer brings with it, more questions.

God's words are spirit and truth..."doing what you say", so that all of the law of the prophets hangs by these two. Love the lord your God, and love your neighbor as yourself. And how do you love yourself without instruction? Ah but you have instruction, only read the first again.

"All souls are mine" says the lord. Those close and those far off belong to him alone and none are snatched out of his hand.

You are the truth because the truth abides in you judging to separate light from dark.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

You have a marvelous way of telling we create our own truth.
I already did not believe in religion and it's teachings.
You just caused another piece of the puzzle fall, to complete a puzzle.
Thank you ! For your thoughts !

Peace !

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You are tossing God into the "religion" pile - and He doesn't belong there because He isn't a "religion". Mankind is responsible for all of the "religions" you see in our society today. Even "atheism" is a "religion" if you just want it to be. But the word "religion" has nothing to do with God - never has, never will.

Not blaming you for that because it has been mankind that choose to bind up all denominations that follow God and roll all of them into one nice lit'l wad and call it "religion".

God is God - He created us, and the universe, even the parts we don't even know about yet - we are limited to a human's brain/mind - we can't even fathom the probably gazillion things beyond our human mind capacity. Just like the people that have after death experiences - most of them talk about colors - they all say that they saw colors there that they can't even describe because "we" (humans) have no word(s) to describe them to anyone.

Think about that - we all know colors - but we are limited to the shades, and names, of the only colors we know here on Earth. But I suspect "colors" is just one more area of the entire realm that we, as humans, can't even begin to grasp simply because our mind is limited to just so much knowledge, at least for now.

Can we begin to understand how someone can make water into wine? Or cause fire and brimstone fall from the sky just by speaking it? How about the parting of the Red Sea - can any human explain that so we can understand it?

The answer is no - we can't. God is beyond all of our capabilities to "understand" but no where in the Bible will you find that we are to understand "everything" God does, nor should we even think we are entitled to that.

My alltime stumper is how God came to be - I used to ask my Mom , when I was lit'l, how did He become God - who made Him God, who put Him in control and power.

She would always try to explain it this way - He is like a circle, no beginning and no end. But me being human, with a human brain, could not, and most times still cannot, grasp the notion that someone somewhere had to have put Him in charge of everything.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
sun/03/07/10/1747edt [dahlonega, ga 30533]

dear canadian and united nations officials

i am moved by the holy spirit (or, for those of you who cannot accept that god exists and that he moves through many of us, rather by some "alien" spirit), to send you the following message for three major reasons: 1) to let you know that i am alive and well, despite all efforts by american authorities to assassinate me, to imprison me falsely for treason or anything else, and/or to harm me in any other way, as someone within your organizations may now know about, here now at the home of my loving mother, (Snip)
2) in the hopes that someone within both of your organizations will save this message for future historians and others who may attempt to unravel the truth about me, my spiritual guides and my claims; and 3) to leave behind a message for any who may learn from it about the healing power of faith in a loving god. please try to take the following excerpt, from time magazine's 2009 special collection of essays entitled "your brain: a user's guide", page 122, from the essay entitled "the biology of belief", to heart:

"...here's what's surprising: a growing body of scientific evidence suggests that faith may indeed bring us health. people who attend religious services do have a lower risk of dying in any given year than people who don't attend. people who believe in a loving god fare better after a diagnosis of illness than people who believe in a punitive god.... 'even accounting for medications', says dr gail ironson, a professor of psychiatry and psychology at the university of miami who studies hiv and religious belief, 'spirituality predicts for better disease control'".

i apologize for sending in a communication which may not seem important to many within your political bodies, but i hope it is saved for the benefit of others around our planet.

most sincerely

jonathan keith sheriff, ba

Mod edit- to remove name and address,

[edit on 7-3-2010 by asala]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
sun/02/28/10/0747cdt [des moines, ia 50314] - time of initial writing

dear catholic theologians and any others interested in the future of christian theology

my name is jonathan keith sheriff, ba, and i am in contact at times with various spirits from the spirit world, including at time with god almighty and at times with several other heavenly spirits, which i believe may be extraterrestrial in origin, all of whom love me very much and all of whom help me overcome evil, both within me and from without, with messages and impulses of truth, hope, faith in the afterlife, purpose, wisdom, knowledge, and other holy things, including even humor. in addition, i have seen and otherwise experienced many miracles, including the dematerialization of objects and one object rematerialization, as well as the capture of many human minds by spiritual forces, both good and evil. at the time of writing of this document, i was instructed by what i knew to be a holy spirit to disseminate the following set of questions to a few governments and churches, in the hopes that they would be able to share it with whomever they could. however, i am now instructed to disseminate it here, at open minds forum, for complex reasons, with the hope that someone at open minds will contact someone with the canadian and british governments and the holy see to help ensure that these important questions are analyzed and preserved.

i believe this communication, however simple it may sound to some, is inspired by almighty god, through his holy and heavenly spirits, and i hope he blesses all of you who hear his words in these questions and who choose to consider and answer them in the spirit of faith, love, hope, truth seeking, and wisdom. may we all some day soon come to understand that christ's teachings unite us all, despite any theological differences we may have among our denominations and churches, just as in the early days of christ's church.

. does god love all morally complex life, including alien life, or just some? if just some, is it by civilization or individual that his love is granted and expressed in this universe?

. why did god teach faith, love and morality through so many on earth, including those who founded other religions, such as mohammed and the buddha? if yeshua taught us the way to god's graces and acceptance into heaven, why would so many holy women and men of other faiths teach contradictory doctrines, such as the war of mohammed and the doubt of the buddha?

. does god love the leadership in his christian nations worldwide, or is he angry with any or all of it for turning away from faith in him, mercy towards all, love of all life, hope for a peaceful future on earth, and all the other holy ideas and things he stands for?

. will the prediction of the prophet amos about the end of the human species on earth come true, and, if so, is that prophecy connected in any way with the prophecy of michele de nostradame about the possibility of the same thing in the year 3797? do the hebrew bible codes or any other prophecies predict the same thing?

. has god demonstrated to us that his alien forces, and even noncorporeal beings such as the so-called "foo fighters" of world war two, are here now around earth in this era, to help facilitate or even to force changes in human leadership and behavior on planet earth?

. why do the christian faithful around earth differ so widely politically? why would god want or allow us to compete ideologically, rather than to have us follow one contemporary or final set of political beliefs?

. are the leaders of the predominantly christian nations of earth faithful in the sense that god hopes for or intends for them and their citizenries? what does it take to be or to become a wise christian politician or other leader in this era of cultural diversity and globalization?

. where is heaven and what is it like? is it the same for everyone who gets there? do aliens go there? is it physical at all, given christ's resurrection in the flesh? will it ever end, in light of the bleak predictions of contemporary cosmologists, who claim that black holes and radio waves will consume eventually all in this universe? could it be right here on earth in the future, when the saved might be resurrected in the spirit and/or the flesh?

. why is so much of god's inspired prophecy cryptic and interpretable in multiple ways, including the prophecies of the old testament prophets and others?

. how can christians and others learn to separate the internal voices and spiritual impulses of good or holy spirits from those of evil ones, especially when we are faced with morally complex, ritualistic or mundane choices or decisions?

. how can christians syncretize the gospels with the beliefs of others, in order to try to save as many souls as possible, which might otherwise be lost? is allowing for crosscultural connections in order to share the gospels with those of other beliefs wise or necessary? what might be some of the problems inherent in such a strategy of proselytization?

. are all holy spirits united and at one with god? are all evil spirits, including evil human spirits, demons, etc likewise united in any way, or do they hate and combat one another as much as they hate and combat god's servants and his natural creations?

. do any aliens have holy words, ideas, beliefs, visions, etc? do they enjoy spiritual gifts, such as telepathy, etc?

. are the auras of extraterrestrial vehicles, as explained by bob lazar and others in the public domain (including on the internet in a youtube interview), indicative of some holy power within the spacecrafts? why do military scientists and other personnel find it so difficult to enter the spacecrafts, and why do they claim that they know upon entering the crafts that they should not do so?

. does the word of god extend into all human speech and vocabulary (and even all human symbolism and communication), when given and/or received in the holy spirit (ie, in the spirit of love, truth, hope, joy, etc)? if so, how can the faithful separate clearly inspired words and symbols from the mundane and the blasphemous?

. can god accept souls into heaven who choose to behave in christlike ways and who have faith in him in their own ways, yet who have not heard or accepted the christian gospels? why would god condemn innocents who were born into nonchristian families, cultures and environments to hell? is god so unmerciful that he would condemn countless souls who are, for whatever reasons, bound to different faiths, religions or beliefs? could he have some holy plan for their lives and souls too?

. why do so many christians choose to believe that all or some aliens, including biological beings such as the grays and the reptilians, are demons or satanic? is there any scriptural basis for such beliefs, or are such beliefs the products of fear of these beings whom the christians do not and cannot now understand?

. did the prophet mohammed hear the voice of god and/or satan? how could he have taught so much love and charity, etc, yet have also taught hatred towards the jews and violence against all nonmuslims? can satan at times tempt the socially or politically powerful, including religious leaders, with false ideas, false hopes, false beliefs, etc? also, relatedly, do not all souls fall short of god's glory in some ways, save perhaps yeshua, the virgin mary, the saints, the holy prophets, the faithful martyrs, etc?

. if the events in the book of revelations have passed, even partially, as many believe, why did saint john the divine apparently predict so much torment and spiritual death in that book? how could such calamitous and planetwide events, as apparently predicted, be only metaphorical, antitypal and/or otherwise nonliteral? why are there so many seeming references in the book of revelations to long gone things, such as ancient churches, rome and babylon?

. how did so many harmful or even hateful nonscriptural beliefs become so firmly entrenched in the christian and other religions of earth; for example, the belief that certain immorality, such as sexual immorality, is unforgiveable by god and our lord, jesus christ?

. how can we try to unite the christian and holy faithful of earth behind a plan for peace and a spreading of yeshua's holy teachings?

. is attempting to follow the examples of christ the best of only way for christians to lead souls to salvation? how can our leaders reach each other in order to unite christians behind an effort to help usher in christ's kingdom soon?

. does an individual's state of consciousness at physical death and/or her or his final decisions affect her or his final judgment by god? how are those who lead righteous and moral lives, yet who suffer from diseases such as alzheimer's, carried away in the spirit and/or resurrected in the flesh in the kingdom of heaven? do such persons exist in heaven as beings of a healthier or certain age, or do they exist in some transfigurative sense which we cannot yet understand?

. when yeshua returns and brings the kingdom of heaven to earth, as promised in the bible, how will he arrive? will there be a slaughter of life and spirit, or will there be great joy and faith, or both? will even some faithful be tormented and/or harmed, or will overcoming fear of physical death and everything else but god allow them the power to persevere and to overcome any trials and tribulations of the apocalypse?

. how might extraterrestrial biological entities, as physical vessels for their own and for other spirits, fit into god's plan for earth and for the future of the human civilization on it? why are they here around earth at all, and why are they in communication with earth's human citizens through crop circles, contactees and in other ways? why does it seem that several extraterrestrial civilizations are connected in ways with god's plan and with the future of faith on earth?

. can god almighty change his plan for earth, regardless of any prior covenants and prophecies he has given us? that is, are all the inspired prophecies absolute in any sense and revelatory of predetermined beings and events? what room does god allow for freewill choices and changes in his plan? relatedly, is the cryptic nature of prophecy, and even the parables of christ, there to allow for such changes and personal interpretations, depending upon spiritual freewill and divine interventions?

. what do sacrifice and surrender to god mean or entail? what did yeshua mean when he said "take up the cross" and "i am the way", etc? how might the truly wise followers of christ show him their willingness to help him and to show others the way to spiritual recovery, redemption and salvation?

. how do randomeness and chance fit into god's plan? all mathematicians and scientists accept these concepts, so, in light of freewill and moral decisionmaking, ought good christians who study and practice math and science also accept that randomness and chance truly exist? if so, how can such christians understand the omnipresence and omniscience of god absolutely, in the sense of all spacetime and the known or imagined dimensions?

. how can the christian faithful and the other faithful persons of earth teach and impress upon atheists and agnostics the evidence for miracles, spiritual gifts and powers, and the existence of the omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient god?

. how does god expect regular christians to behave, given that they must engage in activities such as raising families, working hard, defending themselves and others, and otherwise competing in the usually ordinary world? is the forgiving and loving grace of yeshua, granted to all of those who find faith in his life, miracles, lessons, sacrifices, resurrection, etc, the salvation of us all? must all christians strive to give up their love of their own earthly physical lives and "take up the cross" in order to earn a place in heaven? i am instructed that different christians play different roles in god's plan for the salvation of souls and the preservation of planet earth's lifebearing potential, and that those who lead christian churches and other groups are called upon by god to accept greater sacrifices, including sacrifices of the will, flesh and imagination.

. given the real evidence for biological and human evolution on earth contained in the fossil record, how might christian theologians interpret the torah in these modern times? if sumerian and babylonian myths, such as in the enuma elish, bear resemblance to the stories of genesis, ought we realize that: a) adam and eve may have been the first two humans graced with knowledge of god in the iraqi fertile crescent valley; b) the symbolism and language in the torah may mean different things to different christians (and jews) at different times, at this point in human history, including even among expert theologians; and c) there may be some mythological and/or legendary elements and ideas contained in the torah's ancient stories?

. are any alien civilizations and/or alien individuals christian in any sense? how does god move through and judge the extraterrestrials? are there holy alien civilizations? ones that are morally challenged, like ours is? truly evil or unholy ones? if the latter, why would god create an entire spacefaring civilization and then allow it to be or to become evil?

. does god expect his faithful followers of all sorts to help ensure maximum mercy is bestowed upon the nonhuman animals of earth? does humanity's dominion over the other animals need to involve personal and social responsibility? do we need to realize that god dwells within all of his living creatures, great and small, and that the animals we eat, enslave, hunt for sport, torture for science, use forcefully for our entertainment, etc deserve respectful and humane treatment, perhaps as one of the foremost commandments of this era? i am instructed here that yes, mercy towards all painient, sentient life is atop god's checklist of things to expect us to pray for, work towards and hopefully accept soon.

. must all christians understand the inspired works of god the same way, or does god allow every individual who reads or hears the gospels and his other words to find meaning, direction, truth, hope, and faith in her or his own way? if the latter, how do some contemporary christian churches explain their inflexibly imposed and peculiar doctrines, which, despite the claims to absolute truth, apparently still change or evolve over time?

. how do prayers, blessings, sacraments, songs to god, gifts and sacrifices to god, and other religious and spiritual rituals and acts work? does god, in some way, acting through the very air and fabric of reality itself, including through his holy and/or sanctified servants, such as priests, effect or produce the supernatural phenomena and results?

. why did god separate life from nonlife? why did he endow all living things with a will to survive and to reproduce? why did he endow morally competent beings with the power to choose in the spiritual sense, especially if so many of us, for whatever reasons, would choose to deny him and/or rebel against him and his lessons and love?

. what is a so-called "ball of light", such as that which appeared and acted, apparently subjectively, at james gilliland's sanctuary in trout lake, washington? could it be a creation, messenger and/or manifestation of god? something else?

the questions presented herein (and many others) are important for contemporary christian theologians of all sorts to examine, consider, discuss, and debate, in light of the flood of information coming forward these days about ufos, extraterrestrials, scientific facts and theories, biblical events and religious phenomena, and the very many other things which might threaten the very survival of the christian and other noble faiths on earth, should evil and atheistic forces and ideas gather strength and momentum in the coming years and centuries.

almighty jehovah commands his faithful who read this document to choose at all times possible: love towards all life, faith in a blissful afterlife, striving to overcome all fears, faith in christ's return, joy and thankfulness for the lessons and gifts we are granted by him every day, forgiveness of the sins and trespasses of the others around us and around the world, seeking out of wisdom and knowledge of all sorts, speaking the truth always as it is understood, showing mercy towards all painient and sentient life, and teaching others by example all of the holy and gracious things he stands for.

in the spirit of love, hope, faith, truth, and wisdom,
god's servant,
offering and producing the words of almighty god,

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flamingsword

flamingsword, might be a good idea in the future if you don't post your actual street address - there are loonie bins roaming all over the internet.

I'm not one but this time you were lucky.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
dear above top secret readers (especially moderators)

please take time to read my posts at www.mufon.com "talk about ufos" forum, where i posted under the three screennames "smokeytbones", "spiritstick" and "flamingsword7". i promise you all that you will be richly rewarded by the information contained therein.

i cannot reproduce all of the ideas, questions, suggestions, facts, etc that are contained within the collection of posts i have offered at mufon's web forum, and i ask that all of you examine them and perhaps incorporate and synthesize some of those ideas with the ideas, etc contained here at above top secret.

i hope to continue posting here at above top secret, and i wish all of you, christian and nonchristian alike, much love, hope, peace, faith in some higher power, joy, etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

You are tossing God into the "religion" pile - and He doesn't belong there because He isn't a "religion". Mankind is responsible for all of the "religions" you see in our society today. Even "atheism" is a "religion" if you just want it to be. But the word "religion" has nothing to do with God - never has, never will.

Well... I get what you saying.

Only it would be best if you told me where I toss God on the same pile as religion ?

I do not believe God has anything to do with religion. Religion has everything to do with God.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I can't believe no one 's ever thought of this before, completely stumped.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Religion has nothing to do with God - but mankind has helped to make people believe that though -

God was first - then came humans. Humans, being humans, weren't satisfied with God's rules, or His Word/Bible. So mankind, being mankind, started rewriting the Scriptures, creating all of these "secular religions" and as more people came along, the entire "competition" mode set in so they all began separating themselves from other "denominations - i.e. Catholics, Protestants, Methodists, Mormans, Hindus, etc.

God didn't create all of this "religious" mumbo jumbo in society - mankind did. And mankind continues to create whatever he can in order to try to go around or avoid God's rules and laws.

That is the history of mankind.

And it will be the downfall of mankind.

Vanity, greed, pride ........ aka sin.

Leave it to the humans to try to change things to make themselves
more comfy.

All of these so called "bibles" on the book shelves today are NOT from God and have nothing to do with God, Jesus or His true laws and instructions for us. Example would be the Gay/Lesbian "bible" - title says it all.

If you look in the 1611 Authorized King James Bible, on the very last page of Revelation, next to last verse, you will read the following:

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

THIS is why it is so crucial NOT rewrite God's Word, or even pick up anything but the King James Bible 1611 Authorized. Because the other so called "bibles" are just mankind's revamped versions of God's Word - where he has taken out words, replaced words, and in some cases even removed entire verses - all to make things more "comfy" for him (mankind).

If you want to see the proof for yourself, you can see it at the link below - that site has links that will show you, side by side, exactly what the other "bibles" have done by removing words/phrases/verses - which is EXACTLY what the next to last chapter in Revelation warns us against doing.

LINK to website -

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

God didn't create all of this "religious" mumbo jumbo in society - mankind did. And mankind continues to create whatever he can in order to try to go around or avoid God's rules and laws.

I do not believe God has anything to do with religion. Religion has everything to do with God

I'm sorry I think you misunderstood me.
I say religion has everything to do with God.It uses God as a tool and this is only because people let their believe in God, to be used as a tool.

I do say God does Not have anything to do with religion.

I also don't agree with your interpretation of the bible. but my believes have little to do with what I just said about religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It has been, is, and will be, satan that is creating all of this confusion in regarding "God" and which "bible" we should follow - satan has, again, worked through man to obtain his goal.

God only inspired, and had His chosen persons, write The Bible - ONE Bible - all of these others one are man inspired and written.

Be it the NIV, the "New" King James, the Amplified, etc - there is only ONE true Bible, just as there is only one true God - anything else is only satan trying his best to get people to doubt God and the Bible.

If you will take the time and actually research and review exactly what all has been changed/removed/rewritten from all of these "new" "bibles", it won't take you long to realize just how it really does matter that they (publishers/writers) are changing the original Scriptures to what better suits mankind/society.

The (true) Bible talks about this - about how in the end days mankind will prefer to have his ears "tickled" rather than hear the truth.

Joel Osteen is a perfect example of this - he is making gazillions in book sales, cd sales, attendance records. Why? Because when you go to his "church" (former basketball mega arena) you don't have to fear that the "preacher" will say something that upsets you - you can sit for an hour hearing about how we shouldn't worry about sin, we shouldn't worry about this or that - you can leave his "church" feeling like a million bucks - after all, according to Osteen, one just needs to devote his or her time to having the BEST LIFE NOW.

Sorry - but the truth isn't pleasant sometimes - and while there are lots and lots of loving parts in the Bible, there are also the "consequence" parts - but most of the "new age/modern" "preachers" won't talk about those parts - why? Because that would hurt their attendance or their book sales.

If you want the truth, as God inspired it, and had it written, then stick with the 1611 Authorized King James BIBLE - not "version", because it isn't a "version" - it is THE BIBLE, the only genuine one out there.

/me gets off my soap box now.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Please don't think I'm aiming my posts directly at you - I'm not - I'm aiming them at society and those folks that are reading/following all of the secular "bibles" out there - preachers/teachers included.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join