It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.A.S.T. Future Attribute Screening Tech (guilty till proven innocent)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flakey
Very very disturbing. This is our future? In airports, concerts, political events? What will they do if the machine convicts someone who is innocent? This should not be.
I totally agree the government has taken 9/11 a horrible event to say the least, and used the fear of the general public to an advantage by implementing things that should never be allowed in a free society which America claims to be. 9/11 was a stepping stone to a more oppressive government.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
this is crazy, i dont even know what to say.

im beginning to think all us conspiracy freedom loving loony's should just group-up, put our money together and buy an island...start fresh

yeah something like venus project here

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I suppose there is one good thing about this mobile technology and that is that you know that it is there and you will be screened.

Imagine if you were being screened without knowing it...

Look into the Israeli company WeCU and see what they are up to with regards to developing surveillance (for airports, etc.) that will be largely unknown to the populace, if/when it's implemented... There are articles speculating US airports will be utilizing the tech.

How the Mind Reader Technology Works

WeCU can screen a person in under a minute. The person will not even be aware they are being screened. According to WeCU's CEO Ehud Givon, the technology works by measuring a persons reactions to a stimulus. If a person with the intent to cause harm sees an image or symbol related to a past crime he was involved in or a picture that represents a group he belongs to, this will create an emotional or physiological response. Responses could include an increased heartbeat or a rise in the body's temperature. The technology uses "hidden biometric sensors" that can then measure this reaction and the data would be evaluated on a computer program. WeCE could potentially help identify a person who may be planning on carrying out a terrorist activity. (1)

[edit on 6-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
whats next "future crime" ?? im away to build my own little venus project lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Content from external source:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Supreme Court case: City of Indianapolis v. Edmond

Content from external source:
...the Supreme Court of the United States limited the power of law enforcement to conduct suspicionless searches...

The Court refused to "credit the 'general interest in crime control' as justification for a regime of suspicionless stops"

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe it's inapropriate but, kiss my ass big brother.

I'm so sick of everyone being looked at like criminals. We are americans dammit. It's time we started acting like it. You have no right to treat us this way and we are tired. Take your damn future machine and sit and spin. Your invasive BS isn't going to help your cause. What it is going to do is increase the number of people domesticaly that want to bring you down.

Say it with me now

I pledge allegance to the constitution of the united states of america. And to all the freedoms for which it stands. All americans united under a banner of freedom, pissed off with not much patience left for you.

Idiots

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Who's paying for this and who's benefiting from it? Except for the bomb question everything was about illegal recording. Is it up to the taxpayer to make sure no one records the next Amy Winehouse concert? What happened to being able to take pictures of a happy time shared w/ friends? What if you want some snaps of the football game you went to? Will we start seeing these things at movie theaters? This whole country threw a pissy fit over profiling by police a few years ago, still going on in some areas, and now we're going to let computer software do it?
My last trip on a plane I had some 20 something b**ch telling me that if I brought my cane (I have a necrotic hip) next time they would confiscate it, medical device or not.
The facts are, just like firearm legislation, the only people this crap is affecting is the law abiding citizen. The bad guys still do what they want to. Its only the brainless like Mr. underwear bomber that get caught. Proactive law enforcement is a fallacy otherwise known as a police state.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Scary,Being interrogated and analyzed solely on your current temporary emotion.Surely if one were slightly agitated prior to entering one of these potable facilities,you would not fair to well.
Seems we are all being coerced into becoming emotionless sheep.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is my problem with this sort of technology.

Yes, they record a baseline reading predicated on the notion that even if you're nervous, a simple answer to a basic question will still give them a general idea of your current stress level, etc.

Great. The problem is that anxiety is not a flat line. It can be intermittent. It can go up and down. I am a highly anxious person, so even if I was already nervous when they asked me what month it was (for instance,) I'd likely show up as being more nervous when asked more serious questions because I would be thinking, "Uh oh. What if I get nervous during this question and they think I'm lying?" or, "What if their readings are wrong and they think I'm lying when I reply?"

There is a lot of assumption inherent in this kind of a system. Probability is limited based on available information. Just because the apparent probability of someone committing a violent act seems high, it doesn't mean that the probability is actually high. I'd die before I'd ever hurt anyone. I'm reluctant to cause anyone even minor harm in self defense. Nevertheless, I can almost guarantee I'd show up as being more nervous and stressed during serious, pertinent questions, than I would during mundane ones.

I can see it now. They take me aside to ask me "additional questions" based on my readings, and then when those also demonstrate anxiety and heightened biometric indicators, they search me and my belongings. They wouldn't find anything, but how far will their reliance on this tech go? Will they be able to stop me from flying for instance? When I ask them why, will they say, "I'm sorry sir, but we can't share means and methods. We can only say we have 'information' indicating that you're a risk and cannot allow you to board the plane." And then what? Will I go on some kind of list?

Things like this really sadden and worry me. I understand the ostensible justifications for these things, and I totally understand the arguments in favor of them. My inconvenience is not worth as much as people's lives. Except, I'm innocent and no one's lives are at risk from me! When they perfect the science to account for all variables, then I'll be all for it (provided they do not breach people's privacy or arrest them based solely upon apparent intent, without any evidence of a crime! Preemptive arrests without proof or at least solid evidence of a crime or threat of a crime is something I will always be against.) Until then, I must oppose this steadfastly and vehemently.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

holy ---- the first thought that went through my mind when i saw this was how i wouldn't get into it if i was asked to. there's always a slight chance id be "movie stupid" and get into it due to curiosity (or forced) but my gut feeling tells me that it's not a good thing. it's just creepy. i foresee a violent scene in one of these vans on the news and the idea makes me sick!

but star and flag cause this is a really good post....

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Seems to me as if Federal Government is suffering from Paranoia. It is like dealing with mentally sick person. If it is one person probably it wouldn't be so bad. But imagine if you got caught by a bunch of mentally sick people. God help you.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not only is this wrong in so many ways, it also takes a long time for one person to get through.

In my opinion, these anti-terrorism security measures aren't so much for the government to create databases on us, but simply for profit for the corporations developing the products they sell to the government.

How much does one of these trailers cost with all that fancy equipment?

Where does that money go to?

Profit profit profit is all it amounts to...

I'm so sick of the corporations ruining our lives on this gorgeous planet...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Uhm you should of checked my post on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This tech has been out for a while now and I've already posted that video before the OP could get his hands on it.

I'm a little Irate.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
-snip-

dont think I want to leave too many traces on the intertubes...I understand also the need for the illusion of the polygraph to work well. it is a good tool to use considering most know little about it.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

This has got to be the most retarded # ever.

It's all about the money. The government will give billions to these corporations to sell these screening mechanisms.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is a box we cannot allow to be opened. There is no putting the Genie back in the bottle once we accept this. Every time one of us allows ourselves to be herded into one of those trailers or stand in front of one of those scanners in the airports we are saying that we don't care what they do to us as long as we can have our few moments of pleasure.

You can be sure that once they have you conditioned and under their complete control even those minute moments of pleasure will come at an ever increasing and heftier price.

Can you honestly believe that these devices are for terrorist? These devices are to enslave you! The terrorist we have to be afraid of is our government. They have done more harm
to the American people than any other group alive or dead.

If we stop attending events where they have these devices and stop flying airports that use them, the lost of our dollars will speak loud and clear.

Are we so gutless that we can't say no because we are afraid of a bit of discomfort or inconvenience? God help if we are because nothing and nobody else will.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I like that idea, check this out.

www.gutenberg.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oh my ... pandora's box is opening.

Star and Flag. This is something everyone should start protesting and resisting against. If we give them a couple more inches to infringe upon our rights, imagine how many more miles it will lead to.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kanati
reply to post by OnceReturned

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

And this can not be said too frequently. In fact it should be shouted from the roof tops twenty times a day and written for those that cannot hear.

We are losing our very souls in America and too few people care enough to put a stop to this madness.

This is what happens when pleasures are gifted to you and you don't earn them. The blood, sweat and tears that went into making this country great are being thrown out into the garbage for the want of a I this or an I that.

It looks likes the "I"s have it. You can take the United out of the United States because we have become a just a State. A state of ruin, hatred, bigotry, greed and selfishness.

If we don't salvage what is left now there will be nothing left to salvation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join