It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foods you will not eat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike

And I hate mustard.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by berenike]

Oh yeah deffinately, forgot that one, and horseradish, so disgusting!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Vegemite

Tomato Sauce

Anchovies

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by AshleyD

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1052aea7ec9.jpg[/atsimg]

num num?

Only in America

Lol@your tater tots comment

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

What's Vegemite?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

What's Vegemite?

Are you serious?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ahh I see

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I will not eat raw onions, raw fish, anything on an animal that is not lean muscle...potato salad, macaroni salad, egg salad, licorice...any kind of animal that is not normally eaten by people on a regular basis in the US, umm...spam, cottage cheese, potato bread, garbonzo beans, beets, sweet pickles, artichokes, hash, oysters, the lil white umbilical cord thing in eggs...and the list goes on...I'm pretty picky.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

What the hell is potato bread?

Sounds delicious.....and valiant....horseradish and mustard are awesome

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Generally I don't like to eat pussy willow unless there's white-thighed swallow on the menu.

More of a penchant than a deal breaker though.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Potato bread is a form of bread in which potato replaces a portion of the regular wheat flour, it's harder bread...oh, yea, and I won't eat horseradish either.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Anything that has butter on it. Well actually no, as long as I cant taste it its fine.. but that doesnt happen very often!

Those vile cheap hot dogs that come in tins.

Oh and any meat thats been cooked rare. I mean come on, if its still raw in the middle then you might as well just go eat it straight off the cow while its still alive. :shk:
Food should always be cremated.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca80df2962e8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Not just hot dogs in a tin, any beef product in a tin. Or any speaghetti product in tin as well.

Those things are crimes against nature

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have no use for chitlens. None, zero and less now that I saw someone try them the other day. LOL they still smelled like crap.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I will eat anything...as long as I have ketchup.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok, if you don't mind me taking a moment to give you a fraction of an education on sushi. A little sushi 101, and why it appeals to people.

It is often mis-understood.

First myth, all sushi is raw. While a lot of sushi is raw, a lot of it isn't.

Sushi actually means spice rice, or rice flavored with vinegar. It refers to a style of cooking with rice, not raw fish.

Sushi is actually an art form. Many times it is a bar setup so you can watch the chef make it. Sushi knives are some of the sharpest, and can be very expensive, also great collector items. To watch a sushi chef is an great experience and is very skilled.

There is a lot on the menu that you get cooked. If you ever get stuck with a sushi menu off gaurd, you can get the California roll which is imitation crabmeat.

The reason it conjures up images of raw fish is that sushi is about flavor, and taste,and presentation. It is not meat to be a filler, or a hearty meal. It is supposed to be an artful experience. The fish chosen is careful selected for flavor and taste, and artfully selected with the items it is paired with to enhance that flavor. It is meant to be eaten with the fingers and dipped delicately. A reputable sushi place will only use high quality of fish for just this reason, that probably just came in that morning.

If you ever see people eating sushi and dunking it in a mixture of wasabi and soy sauce, that is offensive. But you see Americans doing it often. But it is the equivalent of taking a nice cut of filet mignon, throwing it on a george foreman grill and covering it with ketchup.

Here is a great website for understanding sushi:

Try cooked items first. Until you are comfortable with raw seafood, you may want to try the cooked items available before the raw ones. Not all sushi is raw, which may come as a surprise to some, and you can make an entire meal from cooked food. Eel (unagi and anago) is always served cooked, and usually with a sweet and savory sauce. California rolls also have avocado, cucumber and cooked imitation crab meat (called kamaboko or surimi). You can get grilled squid (ika) or octopus (tako). Shrimp (ebi) is a good place to begin as unless you are ordering 'sweet shrimp' (ama ebi) it is always cooked. Clam is often cooked as well. Sushi restaurants also often make rolls out of items that are cooked tempura style (battered and fried). Some of these rolls (maki) are actually quite good. Some fish is 'cooked' in an acidic marinade, similar to ceviche, which is popular in many countries. With these items, such as mackerel (saba), the acidity of the marinade cooks the fish instead of heat, and adds a great deal of flavor to the fish as well. While a strongly flavored fish may not be to your liking, check the menu or ask to see what may be available.

sushi faq

mmmmm, I haven't had good sushi in a while. Can't afford it. Think I might treat myself soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I only started eating sushi in the last 2 years or so. Up until then the I wasnt to keen on it.

After I tried it, I loved it!!!!

So, glad Im moving back to a city next month, my town has only 200 people, and no sushi bar

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There's actually a lot I won't eat, but the main one is onions. If they're in another dish, and finely minced, that's fine; but if I crunch down on one, I gag.

TA

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well, if I was starving I'd probably eat anything, even balut. Under normal circumstances I would not.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My list of what I won't eat keeps growing. Years ago I decided I would never again mix together vanilla instant breakfast (if that stuff is still sold) with chocolate milk. I did that once and drank it, eewww. Vanilla instant breakfast with a lite beer is actually decent though. I was a college student once and didn't always have a good food supply.

There are some foods I stopped eating more recently. That would be any food with MSG. I won't eat at FATZ restaurants after I felt like I nearly died after eating there. I didn't realize I had a problem with MSG until I ate at FATZ and a friend told me they had a lot of MSG in their food. I found out MSG was the source of a lot of problems for me. I cut out Doritos and spicy chips (all with MSG). I once ate some fat free hot dogs, they had an ingredient spelled something like sodium cassenate (different name for MSG). I also avoid aspertame (I believe I read it was similar chemically to MSG and may be a major contributor to those who have migraines). More recently I started have problems with eating eggs (must be something in them more recently in the last few years). I stopped eating eggs. More recently pizzas from certain pizza restaurants have been giving me problems. I used to eat a pizza once a week. Now I cut that out a lot. I have noticed that one pizza restaurant serves pizza that does not cause me any problem so yet again, it must be one of the ingredients. I'm suspecting that MSG is getting added to the sauce but I'm not sure about all the other places.

I suspect there has been something added to certain spaghetti sauces. I've cut down consumption on that now too. I will not eat chicken from KFC either. I read a long time ago that MSG was in the secret ingredient for the chicken. Even with pulling off the skin of the chicken, I still had stomach and digestive problems after eating it. My mother did too. I believe MSG was absorbed into the chicken meat. I can eat chicken without a problem but not from KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) restaurants. I also avoid eating foods served with soy sauce.

Those were a lot of foods I liked that I stopped eating because my body did not like them. I have other foods that just don't taste good. That would be a lot of green things. I sometimes eat lettuce on hamburgers so I do eat some green.

It would be nice if KFC and other places made sure to not have any MSG in any of their foods. I could start eating those foods again without worrying I was going to have pain and misery a matter of hours later. The more MSG I eat, the worse my symptoms are. That's why I felt like I was dying after I ate at FATZ cafe.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't like most sweets.
Chocolate is actually on my profile under dislikes.
I don't eat processed foods like already made lasagne etc...
I absolutely hate brussel sprouts and think smoked meat is disgusting.
KFC is a big one as well...that is the most disgusting chicken on the face of the planet.
Anything with maple syrup.
I do use maple syrup as a substitute for brown sugar from time to time when cooking.
I also don't like cake.
I like tomato sandwiches but hate them being put on my sandwiches or burgers.

Things I do like are anything pickled,especially pickled cauliflower with hot peppers.MMMMMMM
I love sushi and almost anything with rice.(except with currie...I HATE currie)
Almost all seafood.

I have always been very picky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join