Foods you will not eat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I love food. There are only a few things I won't eat and the top of my list is cooked squash, I'll eat it raw all day long but can not stand it cooked. I will not touch Lutefisk, just all jiggly and ugh! Other than that I will eat anything, had snake once and it was delicious. I will try anything once just to see if I like it, if i didn't who knows what I would miss.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Liver would be on my list. Not that I don't like it. I love it. It's just that the liver filters out all the toxins in your body and they dump so much crap into a cow's system. Now, if it was free range organic, maybe.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Liver is strange, in that I LOVE the smell of it cooking, but HATE the taste of it... I can't think of ANY other food like that. Usually, my sense of smell will tell me whether or not I'll like the taste of something, but somehow liver just tricks my nose....

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The white of an egg, especially fried egg. My mum used to make me eat it when i was little, even if it was cold. The thought of cold egg white sliding down my throat is enough to make me hurl.

Thats about it.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
mushrooms. I so despise them that I half convinced myself I'm allergic. I go so far as to tell waiters in restaurants that I'm allergic, to ensure not a single one finds it's way on my plate.

of course, in my college days, it made it rather difficult to enjoy the other kind, so much so that eating 3 stacked slices of pizza with the nasties buried in the middle still made me gag.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think I've said this here before, salmon mousse is the only thing I will not eat ever again.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Sounds like cat food...(probably tastes like it too)...

mushrooms. I so despise them that I half convinced myself I'm allergic. I go so far as to tell waiters in restaurants that I'm allergic, to ensure not a single one finds it's way on my plate.

I have a friend who is EXACTLY the same way with mushrooms....and he too says he's allergic, even though he isn't.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

they grow on poop. they thrive in decay, in dark, nasty places.

they are the demon food.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Jellied Eels.
Squid.
Tongue.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That's pretty much my friend's reasoning too...
(and similar to the reason I don't eat Bee juice...i.e. Honey)....

I hear you on "Tongue"... I don't want to taste anything that tastes me back! (and I just don't eat "motors"...I want meat)....
edit on 19-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Gazrok

they grow on poop. they thrive in decay, in dark, nasty places.

they are the demon food.

Lol never thought of it like that before.

That said, until a few years ago i hated mushrooms. The only way i'll eat them now is maybe in a spag bol, or fried in butter till they are brown in a full english.

Nom Nom!!!

CX.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

at the phrase "bee juice" If were going to start thinking about what things are actually made of the "Cow juice" is much worse

I'm not sure there much that I would refuse to eat if it was offered I'm not picky,
I REALLY don't like jellied eels though as another poster mentioned, they taste exactly as I imagine Cat food would taste. I love Sea food in General but the English have a way of making it all absolutely disgusting, Whelks also make it onto the list of things I hate as do "Pork Pies", it's not the pie it's the Jelly around the edge that freaks me out.

I had a Portuguese girlfriend once and Tripe is a traditional Portuguese delicacy so she would eat it a lot
Theres nothing more off putting then watching your sexual partner chowing down on half a pound of stomach lining)

edit on 20-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

ugg well when you put it that way I think I will not be trying tripe.

I forgot to say i hate hate hate mushrooms. Can't stand the darn things and I do just like another poster here, I tell the kitchen staff at whatever resturant that I am allergic so i know there won't be an fungal surprises in there. Thats why I can stand mushrooms, I think mushroom, i think fungus, then I think athelethes (sp?) foot. Just freaks me out. I know that it is totally diffrent but I just can't get over that association. Blech!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

At least as mammals, we're conditioned by nature to drink milk....but "bee juice"...well...no...
That said, I'm not a big milk fan either. I use it for cooking sometimes, but that's about it.

(and as Tripe falls into the "motors" category....I'll second the "ewww""

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
innards.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have read everyones comments and personally it wasnt worth my time. Im not trying to be hustile or rude, but I want this site to be a place where everyday each one of you learns something new. Now the foods that I stay away from are all processed foods- any food that is changed from its natural, raw state or food that has been chemically altered through additives- basically if you cant pronounce the ingredients on the back you most likely shouldnt be eating it. I only eat fruits, vegatables, nuts, and whole foods. NEVER fast food ever. Have you ever noticed all the unhealthy foods for us are cheap and ready in an instant and the Healthy foods are expensive and rare to find. If that doesnt raise an eyebrow then theres a problem. For example even the fruits in grocery stores are a week old before they reach the store. They freeze them so they wont rot, so once they are put out on shelves you are then only getting 40% of your nutritional value. I am not just saying all this just to have a say in this discussion I really want all of you to take what I say to heart. IT's so true. people just are ignorant and don't care about their health. When it comes down to it: tv, whats going on in the news(which I NEVER watch), drama, etc. Are more important than whats going on in our bodies. Then on top of that we spend money and materialistic things rather than foods or vitamins which are vital to our health. No wonder the population is crumbling. Now with all that being said: if you cant afford to buy from whole foods since the price is outrageous and you have to go to grocery stores, im going to give you a list of the worst and best foods to buy- I recommend the following: Top toxic conventional foods: Peaches, Apples, Sweet bell Peppers, Celery, Nectarines, Cherries, Potatoes, Lettuce, Grapes, Strawberries, Tomatoes, and Spinach. Top 10 worst foods from least worst to worst:

1. friend catfish- bottom feeder fish, full of toxens, few nutrients (fat, caleries, carcinogens)
  2. Canned soups- msg, high in sodium, alot of transfat
  3. Bacon- salt, fat, nitrates/ nitrites- cause stomach/ pancreotic, colon cancers
  4. Fast Food Burger- why your tired in the afternoon
  5. Store bought commercially baked goods- high in fat- Trans- reduce good chlesteral, sugar, caleries
  6. Potato chips- high fat, high caleries, high sodium,- majes you feel thirsty and want more, acrylamide- cause cancer
  7. Hot dogs/ lunch meat- high sodium, nitrate/nitrite
  8. French fries-acrylamide- 1 large fry contains 300 X more than recommended amount of acrylamide by EPA
  9. Donuts- high fat, caleries, fat, sugar high- crash no energy
  10. soft drinks- sugar- high fructose corn syrup- reduces feeling of fullness, caffene, sodium, preservatives,

Budget Health Foods:

1. organic eggs- cage free ones
  2. organic plain yogurt- no added sugar
  3. raw nuts/ seeds- sunflowers - no salt
  4. blueberries/strawberries
  5. buckwheat
  6. cocunut/soy milk
  7. spinach
  8. garlic-cleanses body
  9. wild rice
  10. lentil- protein, fiber

This is for anyone who actually wants to listen, I know that alot of poeple will overlook this or do nothing about it, but I wouldnt waste my time for no reason. Hope yall take this into consideration and if you want to know more fill free to ask.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

any kind of organs with the exception of liverwurst because it has been processed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Lets see i hate mint of any kind just the smell makes me sick..spinach any kind of greens ..potato chips yuck..any kind of pop taste horrible i think its the carbonation..bread also it taste like yeast(shivers) I know I'm weird

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Western foods.. Never been able to handle them.. A couple bites and end up violently sick.. Too many chemicals in them or genetic modification that makes them taste like plastic.. Tried an apple that was imported from u.s that my son gave me when he visited over chinese new year.. Couldnt handle it after the first bite it was tasteless , no juice just ugh.. Stick with fruit and veggies that raise myself and fish that I catch.. Really cant understand how people can stomach the chemical laden, genetically modified stuff that passes itself of as food in western countries.. Wont touch pork either its revolting..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Mushrooms, euurrgh!

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join