It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook shut down 10,000 member group exposing paedophile coverup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Internet censorship is COMMON...Didn't either of your parents ever say..."It's my house, I make up the rules, you gotta follow 'em!"
My daddy did, and that taught me a lesson about life.

Fair enough.
However..
Is your house operating as a business that accepts droves of people and hosts public stuff? Because facebook certainly is.
By which grounds facebook brought the group down?
10 thousand is a big fat number, in fact so big and fat that it should have put a warning right at there for every user, with big fat letters, that it said, "Hey, you know what? We just took this group down and it was a bout pedos and pron and stuff. kthnxbye"
just to show that they don't cooperate with some shadow governments, they don't sell our data to alphabet agencies and they do not do anything that hinders properly conducted public expression in any way.

How about another group in facebook? One asking if the removal of this 10.000 group was fair or not, along with the explanation about what the initial group stood for?

Pedophiles have enormous power..OK! So did Hitler!
Your point anyone?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not need to register for any new websites. But I am sure it is a horrible story.

you registered here though....

the website is there for people to keep up to date. registering ensures you get the newsletters (which people are thankful for getting).

and yes, it is a horrible story and one that needs to be heard.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

facebook have been contacted throughout the day by irate members (and non-members) of the group yet no reason has been given so far.

nobody can get an answer as to why they removed the group.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"Is your house operating as a business that accepts droves of people and hosts public stuff? Because facebook certainly is"

How much did this group PAY to use Facebook's services???
They can't dictate the terms of usage of their own site???

People are just blind...where did you get this stuff? Not attacking...JUST SAYIN!

Clearly FACEBOOK must be in on this scandal if they don't want to host this type of content...RIGHT?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Where do I get the stuff? If I was an alphabet soup agency I would go straight to facebook so fast like a female-dog-in-heat to buy the data. if you know what I mean. Lots of organizations and services do it all the time. They sell stuff even without us noticing.
They can dictate whatever rules they like as far as I am concerned, but I reserve the right to speculate about why they did whatever it appeared they did and it would be a bit, I don't know..weird to be asked about "where do I get my stuff". It's a conspiracy site and I'm being conspiratorial. Just sayin.

Where do you get your stuff?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Truth is I agree with you on this...I may be playing the Devil's advocate somewhat here...but still, I firmly believe in the inherent right of FACEBOOK to determine what stays on their site. Believe me, it MAY go deeper than that, judging by the OP's claim of the very nature of what the group represented and their belief of a huge cover-up. FACEBOOK may have very well caved into pressure from outside, who knows??? Maybe they just don't want that type of thing, again WHO KNOWS???

But look how easy it is to get sidetracked into something else completely. Surely one of those 10,000 can design a simple web-site forum to discuss and investigate this story...do that, and you can make it clear that FACEBOOK administrators are not allowed to participate...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by odd1out]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just joined the Facebook group. I think this needs to go a little more public than just on the internet...

"The cops won't investigate because there's too many higher-up officials"

Well if your a cop wouldn't you want to get these scum bags out of office... What if it was YOUR daughter Mr. Police Officer? I'm sure you wouldn't be sitting back doing nothing... Even if they aren't involved in the cover up (.001% chance they aren't) would you want your elected official being accused of such things? Get these guys out of office!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.blogtalkradio.com... rockton-radio-show

Ann is telling Hollie's story live now. click the link to listen

[edit on 2-3-2010 by justyc]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not need to register for any new websites. But I am sure it is a horrible story.

You do not need to register to listen to the radio recording.

Link

Also, I've just noticed that the FB group is now back up and working correctly so it doesn't seem like they have been silenced.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Listen live now nice one Justc

As just said now on the show

"D notices (see below) and intimidation practices have been used on the press and journalists to keep this story out of the BBC and MSM

So get people to listen to this because the journalists including an Editor of the BBC who wanted to do a documentary on it, was threatened with the sack and violence.

I think this may topple the UK government if enough people find out!

D Notices to stop an investigation into an aleged sexual abuse case on a child with learning difficulties!!!

That is enough in itself.

Elf.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Also, I've just noticed that the FB group is now back up and working correctly so it doesn't seem like they have been silenced.

the original group is still gone but we made a backup group in anticipations that they would remove it.

there's also a backup group for the backup group and we will continue to create backup groups as well as other site to keep this information alive.

www.newssenses.com is the site i have dedicated to Hollie's story.

Ann is talking now on air and detailing even more sad and disgusting things that haven't been made public yet. it is sickening!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

what most are not aware of is the fact that a D-notice isn't compulsory. the press CAN choose to ignore it.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by justyc]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
o man i love facebook will this mean that i can not log in?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewhitedraco
o man i love facebook will this mean that i can not log in?

you can go to the backup group

and the backup backup group

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Indeed but the entire story proves that the BBC were stopped from carrying on with an investigative journalistic piece on the coverup. Journalists were Threatened etc....

And D Notices if compulsory or not are only ever used for National Security etc or National Interests.

Just learnt on the show that her medical records show she had a Sexually Transmitted Disease at the age of 9!

And yet it is not investigated in the same manner and hysteria as all other Paedophile cases?

And it’s against National Security to investigate it, as Holly says some high up people

Put things in my bum

Everyone should make it a mission to spread this story especially in the UK where it is being really kept down, it has a lot more widespread coverage outside of the UK....

Sick.

I think a Bloody Public Enquiry is needed like now, not just a normal police response from a Child Rape crime over ten years ago.

Big Oil Execs, Sherriffs, Police , Politicians, Lords, Lawyers, Mason's, Social Workers...

WTF is going on there?

Elf

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Facebook is a social networking site. They are not a site whose propose is to expose cover ups. If I was in charge of Facebook, I would delete the group as well because I wouldn't want my company involved in that matter.

If you want to expose a cover up then post something over here at ATS. If you want to stay connected with your friends and see what they are up to from time to time, log onto Facebook.

If you don't like what they are doing then delete your account or don't create one.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ann said the CROWN OFFICE got the facebook site shut down!

why would they be involved?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Talking about issues getting sidetracked, or people for that matter, one powerful enough or many, could campaign for what is described as a Social Networking site by the letter of the law, for it to be against the law to endorse similar activities as what that one group is supposedly engaging at. They may campaign and succeed and all those groups now would have to work off Social Networking sites, to do their own campaigning. Then the powerful ones after they have won the first round, come back and campaign for the same law to be extended in other type of sites apart from Social Networking ones.
They can keep doing this until they can leave any activist with no options whatsoever.

Would you rather have that instead, or just oppose the censorship of Social Networking sites? How about Facebook throwing this hot potato to the public instead of them having to be criticized for their actions? Why shouldn't Facebook propose a public vote for such matters? To remove this group, yes/no?
That would be more democratic, no?

Why can't we people think like this and we always have to sheepishly follow and either argue about it, for any action of someone else's in terms of just yay or nay.
Good can always prevail if you give it enough room and some people can always end up getting hanged by themselves if you leave them enough rope to play with.

Like those supposed powerful pedophiles. Give those jerks enough rope and they will surely end up hanged by themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
These fat,pot bellied, pederast elitists need their day in court before
their black souls face eternal judgment.This literally makes me sick.
No matter what your political affiliations are, this needs exposure on
a massive scale so these creeps know that we are calling them out.
LIGHT THE TORCHES!!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
in what appears to be a totally mysterious and unexplained way -

THE ORIGINAL PAGE HAS BEEN RESTORED!

www.facebook.com...

All power to those who got onto facebook to complain!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join