It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sentenced For Burning Puppy Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Man Sentenced For Burning Puppy Alive

www.digtriad.com

Greensboro, NC -- LaShawn Whitehead must spend six to eight months in prison for setting a puppy on fire. He also received four to five months of a suspended sentence for the same case.

Whitehead pleaded guilty to burning personal property and cruelty to animals Monday. In court documents, he says he "lost control" after seeing his girlfriend's puppy lick his infant son.

He admits he then took the puppy outside and used lighter fluid to set it on fire last August. He said it ran away as he tried to put out the fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Every time I think mankind has gone and outdone itself with heinous and vile acts of evil, one always comes along to reaffirm that man is a sick and sadistic species of beast.

I read this article wondering "am I really reading this? Is there no limit to the vile acts that people will visit upon the weak and helpless around us?" And then I remember that man has been finding newer and better ways to inflict suffering and pain since its first existence.

But to take something as sweet and innocent and trusting as a puppy, and to have this miserable piece of excrement do this...it just takes the cake. I can't imagine a human being having this much cruelty and unwarranted wickedness in his heart. How do people do things like this?

The story mentions the perpetrator was only originally going to get around 4 months to serve, but luckily they tied him to another offense unrelated to the burning and now have him for hopefully longer. This judicial system, I gotta say, it is horrible.

Destruction of personal property? For setting a living breathing, loving, innocent creature on fire? All because it licked his son? You would think from the sound of it that he knocked over someones mailbox or dented their car door. The laws are way too soft on animal cruelty to the point that it is almost a joke.

I dont wish to rant but this story truly came close to sending me into a bliding rage. It turns my stomach and makes me want to catch this prick when he gets out of jail and let him experience what it feels like to have HIS ears burned off.

I have lost almost all faith in the essential decency of humanity. Maybe we are a disease that just needs to be removed, wiped out, gone. I am saddened that we live in such a world because it truly does not have to be this way. I just dont understand.

www.digtriad.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I can't imagine a human being having this much cruelty and unwarranted wickedness in his heart. How do people do things like this?

I don't know.... And it drives me nuts and leaves me very sad to think that I don't have an answer and that I really don't know what I can say....

This is just horrible... How can you become angry because of a puppy licking your baby anyway? That sounds quite cute to me....

The only answer I can come up with to your question, is that, despite what people say, monsters do exist... This man is one of them....

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
That man should be made nutless
I really dislike people that are cruel to animals

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm wondering if he was friends with Michael Vick?

This disgusting piece of human filth needs to be set on fire. I can only hope that he has his genitals removed by a much larger dog someday, because he needs to stop breeding (in hopes that he won't bring any more innocent children into the world to learn of his cruel ways).

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What goes through a person’s mind that can punish a defenceless and beautiful animal simply for showing affection to an infant? I am revolted, torn to my core by this news story and I am actually at a bit of a loss for words because I love my dog so much that could not envisage any harm coming to her even to the cost of my own health and life.

To read of a puppy suffering such a fate just makes me feel extremely miserable and melancholy.

Yes I know there are people dying in wars and disasters all over the world but an animal such as a wonderful young dog is such an innocent soul without any power to make a choice to change its situation and in facing its situation it looks up at its human “friend” with a look in its eyes that always melts me as an innocent puppy relies always on trust and respect.

When this innocence is wrecked and trust destroyed I feel like a piece of me is suddenly bleeding and for some inexplicable reason I even feel culpable in some irrational way just for sharing the same gene pool as this disgraceful human being that did this.

Stop the madness please; I have no words other than expressions of profound sadness for this poor young creature.

Time to log of and require some much needed perspective methinks.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Holy #. I'm not even going to read the article. I can't stand anything to do with animal cruelty. I consider myself a fairly tough person, but animal cruelty always "pulls the heartstrings" you can say. When will people wake up and realize animals also have feelings? The videos bellow prove this.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by tim1989]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

The first video certainly brought a smile to my face out of an otherwise 'horrible day.' I will never understand how some people would neglect animals especially ones that they have chosen to care for. I mean if people obviously do not want the puts there are places for them.

Anyway just wanted to say that the first video is certainly a nice one star from me

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"horror" and "humanity" go hand in hand. Far more vicious and evil things go on day to day which is saying a lot. I am beginning to agree with the conclusion mankind just isn't worth the effort. From this crap to women being burned alive for not covering faces to any number of things.

The horrors that mankind unleashes seem to outweigh the goodness every single day.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wrote a quite desrciptive and violent response to this but for fear of contravening T&C I deleted it before posting.

Suffice to say that I would have reacted in kind given an opportunity and felt absolutely no remorse whatsoever!

[edit on 1/3/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

+10 Thanks for that....I needed to see something inspirational.

For every negative I guess there is a positive. Beautiful.

Such a happy girl.....dogs are full of love. They possess the qualities that make life worth living

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Even though it's too late to save this particular pup from that cowardly s.o.b., rest assured that his fellow inmates will mete out an even harsher form of justice than the actual sentence given him by the court. Every day he spends behind bars will be a day with filled with his own well-deserved terror, knowing that sooner or later someone will get him.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Actually the good news is the pup survived it's ordeal and has since been adopted by a very nice lady who cares for her.

If you click on the story link there is a video along with a picture of the puppy. I didnt really have the stones to post the picture because it was so gut wrenching for me to look at. She seems to be doing quite well considering she has no ears and 60% of her body was burned.

She is a very resiliant girl.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thankyou for posting those two videos, Tim1989. It's so uplifting and heartwarming to see such joyous love and affection after reading of that evil-hearted act in the op. It's not just your puppy's response but yours to her and the lady in the background (wife?) saying it was making her cry...just overwhelmingly beautiful. Tears of love and hope in my eyes.
The Christian video gets me every time.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Xlynyr]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Talk about a Hot Dog !!!!!

" cricket" " cricket" "cricket" "cricket"

What ?? !!

really though, what kind of a psychopath does that to a lil doggy...... I guess this psychopath does. But I'm glad the dog lived.

I hope the dog grows big and strong, .... and one far off day beyond the scope of time this dog comes across this guy again, .... and eats him.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As horrible as that is, why are people commenting that they'd like to burn him or do something equally as violent? Its not right to do that to anyone, full stop.
Plus if you do something like what that guy did then it seems to me that he must have mental health issues... Id hate to think what he might do to his own child when he gets angry.
But even if he doesnt have mental problems, its still not an acceptable way to 'get him back' for it.

I do think that animal cruelty laws are way too soft. If it was a human he did that too then he sure as hell wouldnt have got such a lenient sentence. Which is absolutely ridiculous because how would an animal being attacked in that way be less worthy of punishment than if it had been a human?

reply to post by tim1989

Awww, that first video is the cutest thing ever.

The second one though I was fully expecting the music to cut to something a little more 'angry' and then the lion would attack both of them.

top topics

join