It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tithing..... And the scum that rob God...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dontmakemebethe1

You dont give to get... God wants you to give.. But as far as tithing goes it is not money you give but food... That food then used to get dished out to the poor and needy.. A bit like a holy welfare program...

What you have is manipulation from people who have ego's to stroke and will use the fear of God to con you out of your money so they can build their mini Christian empires where they are king and you are serfs... You have a temple tax and not a tithe....

Next time you have a tithe collection turn up with food... You will be looked at with scorn but at least you will be carrying out Gods wishes... Or better still... Go to another church... God does not need your money but wants you to take care of the poor and those in need.... YOU DONT NEED MONEY TO DO THAT.... Your body is the true Temple/Church anyway so tithe yourself and give God whats His by loving on those who His heart is on... Not some pastors new suit or ego stroking trip to Africa...

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Dontmakemebethe1

You dont give to get... God wants you to give.. But as far as tithing goes it is not money you give but food... That food then used to get dished out to the poor and needy.. A bit like a holy welfare program...

What you have is manipulation from people who have ego's to stroke and will use the fear of God to con you out of your money so they can build their mini Christian empires where they are king and you are serfs... You have a temple tax and not a tithe....

Next time you have a tithe collection turn up with food... You will be looked at with scorn but at least you will be carrying out Gods wishes... Or better still... Go to another church... God does not need your money but wants you to take care of the poor and those in need.... YOU DONT NEED MONEY TO DO THAT.... Your body is the true Temple/Church anyway so tithe yourself and give God whats His by loving on those who His heart is on... Not some pastors new suit or ego stroking trip to Africa...

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

The most important takeaway here is that while the tithe was from agriculture and livestock, it isn't in use today. There is no Levitical preisthood, there is no Temple, there is no Holy of Holies and no sacrifices.

Christ FULFILLED the law. If one still "tithes" because they think the Bible tells them to do it, then I say show me a levite priest who is performing sacrifices in the Temple as well!

Giving is another matter entirely and something that has always been exemplified in the teachings within the Bible. If one feels "led" to give to thier local body to support their WORKS, then so be it. Just don't be compelled to give out of shame or fear of being CURSED WITH A CURSE. This simply is not true.

I bought into the prosperity doctrine for a while. All lies.

It's like this. I have two daughters (step) whom I love dearly. Do I require that they give me money before I will bless them with things that they need and/or want? Absolutely not! I GIVE them these things because I LOVE them. And I would do anything for them because I love them unconditionally.

This isn't absolute logic, but I use it to prove a point. If I, as a human being, can GIVE without having to have something first, then why on earth would I even remotely suggest that the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE needs my MONEY before blessing me!

I dare say that anyone standing in the pulpit preaching to those sitting before you that you must tithe 10% because a) it's biblical and b) that you will be CURSED WITH A CURSE, to go back and really READ the Bible. You are leading your flock astray and will have to answer for the lies that you are teaching.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Yeshua was asked if it was lawful to pay tax in order to trap Him... Yeshua asked for a coin... On that coin was the face of Caesar... He asked whose image it was on the coin.. They replied Caesar.. Then He told them to give it to him because that is who it belonged too.. But us wearing Gods image are to give to Him what is His.... US.... And He commands that we give OURSELVES to serve others, and those less fortunate.. He blesses us that we may also be a blessing.. Not so that we can buy a pastor new toys, but to give to the least of His little ones, because if we ignore them, we ignore God... and as we are bought at a price and no longer belong to ourselves, so who do we obey?? A pastor or God??

I know who I will obey!

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All of those organizations in the OP are "fleecing," but that does not mean that God does not deserve his 10%.

I have not always tithed, but I have always prayed, and I only recently prayed about money. Here is my story, and my results, and this happened within the past few months!

Several months ago I heard a preacher speak about "testing" God. There are numerous places in the Bible where it says this is strictly forbidden and overall it seems like a bad idea, but there is one place in which it is encouraged, and that is in regards to tithing. God welcomes you to test him in this regard. (Sorry I don't have any scripture in front of me.)

So, a month or so later I had forgotten all about it. I was at work and I was dreading going inside. I was stressed out, I was broke, and I knew I had some issues to deal with inside. I sat in my truck and prayed for wisdom and guidance and forgiveness, and I thanked God for all the opportunities I had messed up, and I thanked him for my wife and kids and family and friends, and I admitted that I knew just how blessed I had been, and that I knew how often I messed up the blessings I had been given."

Within moments, before I reached the door to my office, I had several epiphanies. I just "knew" that I needed to visit the little church in my neighborhood. I just "knew" that I had never tithed, and that with all I had been given, I was being selfish by not tithing. I decided that I would begin giving 10% to God before anybody else. I felt like it should go 1. God, 2. Taxes, 3. Retirement, 4. Bills, 5. Spending money. I called my wife and told her that we needed to discuss something, that I felt like I had received an answer to a prayer. (My wife and I are not very religious, and we don't talk about this sort of thing very often, so she was surprised and interested.)

I logged into my computer, and I logged into my bank account to see what bills had gone out that morning, and to my surprise there was an extra $5K in there? I was worried. It must have been a mistake. So after some research, I found out that it was a refund from the University for an overpayment quite awhile back! The money was mine to keep! What a blessing! We went to church that weekend, we tithed as agreed, and we left feeling great!

I went home that Sunday evening to do my taxes. I knew what I had paid in, and I was expecting to get about $1500 back. I went through Turbo Tax, and I watched the little ticker roll at the top, and by the time I was done it equalled $6450! Almost exactly an extra $5K!?!?!?!?

My wife and I were flabbergasted. One prayer and within a week an extra $10K! Sure, coincidence, etc., etc., but I went to church the next Sunday, and I gave my 10%, and by another divine coincidence, the church reached their goal that week, and they were able to plan a mission trip to Haiti! This was only the 4th or 5th time we had ever attended this church over the past year, so the coincidences were starting to add up.

Now, several weeks passed, the money helped us out a lot, but going into March, my income was barely enough to cover our expenses for the month. I get paid monthly, and I pay all my bills at the beginning of the month. We wrote a check for out 10% tithe, but we didn't go to church that week. We held onto the check, and just about 1 week ago, we were wondering how we would get through the month, and the idea to not take that check to the church passed through our minds and lips. We discussed it and decided to take it to the church, and we would deal with the money problem at the end of the month. We went to church Sunday and gave them a few hundred dollars. Monday's mail contained a check?!?!? Another refund for about the same amount as the check that went to the church the day before! The refund was from an old utility company, and it was part of profit sharing and energy usage fees.

As I type this, I can say with 100% certainty that the best investment I have made in 2010 is investment to God and to my little local church! They never asked for it, but it sure did go along way to help myself and others!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I love these stories they really bless me when I here of others getting blessed too

Yet was it the fact that you tithed the reason that you were blessed or that you put in your heart and meant it that you were going to honour God and put Him first??

The second time with the check coming back in the post, was this God telling you He did not need you money?? That He knows you put Him first in your life? That He acknowledged that He knows your heart and your lesson has been learnt??

Either way you and your family have been blessed and that blesses me too

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Thank you, and I am glad that you feel blessed as well. As for the the reasoning behind it, I have often felt like God "spoke" to me. It is never in words, but it is often in an overcoming feeling, or an answer to a prayer that comes to me instantly. I don't know God's motivation, but I know that when I pray, I am blessed. This particular prayer was probably the only time I have ever prayed about money. I have always felt it was taboo, so I didn't do it. The answer to this particular prayer was more of one about priorities and validation, in my opinion. God wanted to speak to me, and he wanted me to react, and I did, and he validated it. The money was probably just an avenue for the communication.

Every single time that I have humbly prayed, I have felt better. It may be before a flight, or a test, or an interview, or a doctor's visit, but it has always made me feel more comfortable inside, even if I don't get the answer or result I am looking for. As an example, I once prayed over my baby's incubator, and he was struggling for life, and that day I read on ATS about some massacre overseas, and it was the day that a fighter jet crashed into a home in San Diego and killed a man's wife, mother, and child while he was at work, and I felt like the world was crazy, and God had abandoned us. I prayed over my child's crib, and I asked why they had to suffer, and I asked why people like me were not used more effectively to stop it, and the answer I got was, "they asked for it." As in, they "requested it." I couldn't believe it, but as I sat there looking at my baby, I wondered if he was struggling for life, because he needed to struggle for some reason? Was he accomplishing God's will in some way, or before he chose to come to Earth, maybe he chose this purpose, and he was enduring this because it was good for his soul. Somehow, it made me feel better about the situation, and I was able to put all that world strife out of my mind. I didn't like the answer, or the suffering, and yet I felt more comfortable about it. Now, over a year later, that baby is healthy and growing, and talking, and running, and he is surely a blessing, and he has impacted a great many lives (including a couple of Dr's and Nurses that may have chosen different professions after dealing with me!). All that struggling served to illuminate some bad practices at the hospital and at the Pediatrians office. It served to bring my wife and I to travel to find better care. It served to bring other children to a much better doctor. It served to take a struggling newborn and turn him into a fighter. It served to cause me to question my own priorities in life, and to bring my extended family closer.

So, the tithing was important, very important, not because the church needed the money, or because I didn't need the money, or because I needed even more money and it was some kind of challenge. The tithing, for me, was important to show my conviction, and acknowledge that I heard the message, and I was willing to concede control to God.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I like the way George Carlin said it... God is all knowing, all seeing, all powerful, Omnipotent... But he needs money!

Unfortunately these false prophets get away with it because the sheeple are to stupid or ignorant or lazy to educate themselves so they massage thier fears thinking they are buying themselves a place in heaven.

And unfortunately this same crap carries over to all parts of society. The Priest and the Politician are both cut from the same cloth. They both have a good story to separate you from the fruits of your labors. One of them threatens you in this life with fines imprisonment and even death of you resist giving up the fruits of your labors to them. The other threatens you with hell fire and damnation and an eternity of misery and suffering and even spiritual death if you don't give up your fruits to them... Sigh! Both are nothing but criminal thugs and liars!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

<< 11  12  13   >>

join