It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tithing..... And the scum that rob God...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Not God my friend.

I think you know who the real SOB was that day.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by romanmel

Sorry, I apologize for being a bit defensive. I, like many posting in this thread, was duped for many years. I sat in those pews and felt shame when the plate was passed and I couldn't put a buck in. I heard story after story about people tithing and getting these checks in the mail. I never got any of those. I kept banging my head into a wall thinking I wasn't a good Christian because I wasn't being rewarded monetarily. After all, isn't that what they were teaching from the pulpit? Why did the pastor have a new $20,000 Harley, gold watch and new house in one of the most expensive housing additions. Was his message that much different than the black church in the poorest part of town? Or was it that the demographics supported his lavish lifestyle through the tithe. I suspect the latter.

I understand. I know there are many who have been taken advantage of in the name of God. Tithing is a golden calf the clergy will never give up in order to put the guilt trip on the flock and strip them of their money.

All I would caution is this: Don't blame God for the abuse of scam artists. God is still real and loves you. You are much wiser now and can help others who may become misled by flim-flam preachers.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Friend, that list of names and stations is the "who's who" of the "name it and claim it" den of thieves.

They've always been around but the numbers have exploded with the appearance of TV (cable and satellite gave them world wide reach). Because you seem to be familiar with the names I'd suspect that you've examined these vipers with some scrutiny. Your reasons for doing this are your own so I'll only add two things.

1. These snake oil pitchmen are not Christians. Period!
2. Judge the tree by the fruit it bears.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me..."

Abe Lincoln said that you couldn't cheat an honest man. If you understand why that's so then the quote above should explain why so many can be led over a cliff. Or, to put it another way, God shouldn't be mistaken for Santa Claus.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

Along, that line, you know what the name-it-and-claim-it preacher said when he woke up in Hell?

Ans: By faith I'm not here!

[edit on 1-3-2010 by romanmel]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Now that I think about it,none of this is going to matter very long anyway. Not trying to get too off topic, but if our culture continues down the trend it is on where claiming Yeshua as the only means to salvation is practically a hate crime and preaching half of the stuff in the Bible is a hate crime, the church will be going underground and it will be survival. There won't be any paid ministers and the tithe will go towards getting the things that the Body needs.

Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If there is a God...he doesn't need money...tithing is a way to rob the willing who THINK they are paying their god/church for favor or favors for being "good".

Some of the meaninst people i've ever met have been professional religious people.

Another gimmick I find comical is the one used by tv evangelists...when they sell "blessed prayer cloths" guaranteed to make you rich because god will love you for giving to him...

If you're dumb enough to fall for it, they are smart enough to take it from you.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Do churches even take food/hygiene products/diapers/etcetera? Wouldn't it just be wiser to donate to the local food bank or Salvation Army?

Take organized religion, and its obsolete concept(s) out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Komodo

It's not a matter of needing to fellowship....it's a vital to the body of Christ!

This would imply that your god is lacking something and not omnipotent, it implies that should you not do this that your god would not exist and is therefore the construct of the human mind.

ahh.. well.. I can see you are in sever lack of understanding of the subject at hand .. trying to derail this thread isn't going to work either..

stay on the subject.. thx

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Good point with this OP,

The Priesthood were to be Tithed severally by all the people toward the YeHUaH-GOD (Israel),
as the Priestly Tribe LeUI had no property by allotment in heritage but as mediating the Holy.

It was done away with by the mediatory position of YeShUaA being the once for all sacrifice.
But then there's those 'acting' so- willing to take up being "the caretakers of your soul"
guess we all feel the need to be a part of supporting those who 'will' to take responsibility!

[edit on 2010/3/2 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

the church will be going underground and it will be survival.

I know churches that are preparing for this.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRASHPROJECT

Do churches even take food/hygiene products/diapers/etcetera? Wouldn't it just be wiser to donate to the local food bank or Salvation Army?

Take organized religion, and its obsolete concept(s) out of the equation.

Yes Churches operate food pantries, and homeless shelters, and provide clothing.

Within a mile radius of where I live there are four food pantries, they are all in churches.

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Who needs a church to feed the poor?

This is the kind of thing that turns me far away from Christianity. I grew up in a very christian family, going to church almost every Sunday from birth until I was around 18 or so. One week the focus of the sermon would be "when God says feed him, he really means feed to the poor". Then the next week, the sermon would be "when God says feed him, he means give your money to the church" (which as most of us know, means little to nothing given to the poor in proportion to the money given to the church). Contradiction everywhere.

Skip the middleman, give directly to the poor yourself if you wish to help. There's no reason to have clergy funneling some of your donations to their own private funds.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just wanted to give a friendly reminder to please keep to the topic of the thread when posting. There has been a bit of thread drift in the previous few pages, and this is a reminder to return to the topic.

Further posts that drift are subject to removal.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Sorry you got the wrong impression.. Should have chosen my words better.. Witchcraft was a metaphor and not to be taken literally.. Its like they are selling their 10 step programs of "how to pray" coz thats hard! lol.. And how to get stuff out of God... They remind me of spell books lol... And these guys DO put a spell over their audience who suck it up and like under a spell they give them their cash...

A fool and his money are soon parted

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

God did not make an easy world.. He made it with bears and tigers, with huge mountains, with wind, rain and snow that will blow your socks off... The wold He made is a dangerous place even without mankind.. A health and safety officer was not part of the process lol.. Not easy.. But He put us here to subdue it... And for the most part we have.. We were never meant to live in concrete cities, but in the wild subduing nature as God commanded... Thats how we are made.. We are made to overcome adversity.. Without it we dont grow..
Mind you I think I was born in the wrong time.. Being one of the early pioneers and explorers has always appealed to me...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Which is why we need to sort out these issues... If the storehouse is empty then the people of God during those times will have no where to go but to get the mark of the beast so that they can eat... We need to put the infrastructure in place so there is an alternative.. The underground church can then have resources to help people.. The signs of the times are on us... Should we not be thinking about this stuff??

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CRASHPROJECT

Put that stuff where you want it to go.. It doesnt matter as long as it gets to the right people

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I wish I did.. I would love to get involved in one.. However advertising that kind of stuff on the net lets the enemy know too!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cantthinkofaname

Thats true... You dont need it.. However it IS a place that traditionally people go to if they are in need.. Like a beacon... Why change that? People know where they can get help, why change the sign post to it??

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Funny you mention underground church. I remember one of my youth ministers talking about a time in the future where the Bible may be outlawed and the only way to know the Word would be to have it memorized.

But there wouldn't be tithing.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Freenrgy2]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join