It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation, awarness and alcohol

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have been contemplating this myself. The thing that i notice when using substances is this, remaining fully aware while in an altered state of consciousness actually has the ability to enhance your spiritual path. The trick is to not let the intoxicant affect you, the observer. Once you master this you will notice growth. The outside world should not be affecting what happens with you the observer ever. That is the point of spiritual growth.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I would like to share my personal experience on this thread with regards to alcohol to attain awareness.

I used to drink different concoctions of cocktails while in my younger days, from light red wine to mind boggling mixtures conjure up by club bartenders. But it was never for awareness, only as a stress reliver, for when the alcohol mixes with our blood, adrenalin is created and flows, inducing a heightened state of mind and an alternate reality.

Many react differently in such states - some choose to let their frustrations show and personified by animosity of agressiveness. Some just quietly drink to forget. I drink to forget.

However, awareness seldom comes from that adrenalin flow through infused alcohol. Awareness comes with our daily interaction with choices we make in our life. In quiet surroundings alone, as you enjoy your beer as I do, with some soft music, the mind relaxes and opens itself to consider many possibilities to one's obstacle faced daily. a form of thearupatic medidation of the mind and exploration for answers to issues.

Light alcohol in moderation harms no one. Only the excess imbibing of it will cause one to lose one's free will and control from uncontrolrollabel altered states caused by the adrenalin flow.

So take care,, may brothers and sisters. enjoy ur adrenatlin rush from alcohol in moderation.

edit on 30-10-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Good Topic...

I'm 26 and i drink maybe 3 times a year! If i dint have an occasion to go to such as birthdays etc then i probably wouldnt drink at all. I have no desire what-so-ever to get drunk!

Whats strange though is that from 17-22 all i did was go out every second or third night and get drunk, spending most of my money on drinking.

1 day i just stopped, the hardest part was saying no to my friends, and yes i have lost some of them as friends, but all that did was highlight to me the importance of the friends who were still with me. Once i said no, i just kind of ignored wanting to go out with my friends.

No, however, when i have a drink, and it can be just 1 drink, i will wake u the next day feeling like i had 30 drinks. I also find myself gettin very woozy after just 1-2 drinks, no matter what the alcohol content.

I have never looked back at giving up "mainstream weekend alcohol" and i urge everyone else out there to realize the same as there are NO benefits to it at all

jrmcleod I am exactly where you use to be. Now I think it all has to do with my environment and friends I am in no way an alcoholic but I love what comes with this typical scene the clubs and women and live music and after partys. Being that I am 24 years old im still quite a foolish man. I am not myself when I am drunk I often regret my actions and feel totally disconnected from who I really am. I know it slows me down the wasted hangover days and repercussions of my drunken stupor. Its the worst thing ever. I am starting to realize this and glad to see other people have gone through what I realize is happening. Strangely enough there will always be people caught up in the night life scene the alcohol and drugs. I wonder if their motives will change as mine are starting to. Alcohol 100% affects your well being and slows down any inward movement you may have.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

reply to post by Mr Green

hmmm i think ur onto something..... but ill leave that there.... I can say that i have been a daily pot smoker for a few years, with a couple of 3month long breaks.... and only after the 1st 3-4 sleepless nights off the stuff, i ALWAYS have crazy dreams....so crazy im not going to write them on here. The dreams will continue.. i will usually remember 2-3 different dreams each night(well parts of them) But once i get back into the smoking habit i will eventually stop remembering dreams...maybe ill remember one dream a week??? if that.

So i think certain substances do affect spirituality, not sure weather its for the good or bad?? but i reakon not believing/having a closed mind is the biggest way to be unaware, thats why so many old/rich/sheeple are so faded. please dont tell me my writings bad because i know and dont care....neither should you care.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join