It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I think it's just down to our current galactic location I don't think Earth is experiencing anything it hasn't before. Nor do I think the End of the world is neigh, or that the Government has some plan to create Earthquakes to depopulate the planet. You screw around with tectonic plate/Magnetic Fields it's going to have a knock on effect, I don't think the government would take a risk like that. If they really want to depopulate the planet I think they would do it "Without actually destroying the planet"

Anyway something else of interest regarding Cosmic Rays.

September 29, 2009: Planning a trip to Mars? Take plenty of shielding. According to sensors on NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft, galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays

Earth is in no great peril. Our planet's atmosphere and magnetic field provide some defense against the extra cosmic rays. Indeed, we've experienced much worse in the past. Hundreds of years ago, cosmic ray fluxes were at least 200% to 300% higher than anything measured during the Space Age. Researchers know this because when cosmic rays hit the atmosphere, they produce an isotope of beryllium, 10Be, which is preserved in polar ice. By examining ice cores, it is possible to estimate cosmic ray fluxes more than a thousand years into the past. Even with the recent surge, cosmic rays today are much weaker than they have been at times in the past millennium. [data]

"The space era has so far experienced a time of relatively low cosmic ray activity," says Mewaldt. "We may now be returning to levels typical of past centuries.Source

[edit on 28-2-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Gamma Ray Bursts, Gravity Waves, and Earthquakes

On December 26, 2004 a magnitude 9.3 earthquake occurred in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Sumatra in Malaysia. It caused a powerful tsunami which devastated coastal regions of many countries leaving over 240,000 people either dead or missing. It was the worst tsunami to affect this area since the 1883 explosion of Krakatao. The earthquake that produced it was so strong that it exceeded by a factor of 10 the next most powerful earthquake to occur anywhere in the past 25 years.

• Indonesian 9.3 Richter earthquake:
December 26, 2004 at 00 hours 58 minutes (Universal Time)

It is then with some alarm that we learn that just 44.6 hours later gamma ray telescopes orbiting the Earth picked up the arrival of the brightest gamma ray burst ever recorded!

• Gamma ray burst arrival:
December 27, 2004 at 21 hours 36 minutes (Universal Time)Source

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The colors seen in the sky ARE NOT from CMEs, nor are the related to CMEs in any form or manner.

The colors seen in the sky was from the tremendous amount of pressure exerted on the rock formation deep within the earth.

How do I know this? I know it because I have studied this phenomenon for decades. Anybody that doubts this can go to my YouTube videos and see that I have stated this and much more in my videos on earthquakes, I also mentioned it briefly in my very first thread in 2007 here on ATS.

www.youtube.com...

All magnitudes of earthquakes produce this phenomenon and all earthquakes produce this phenomenon every day of the year every where on planet Earth. I have seen it on earthquakes of less than 1.5 in magnitude, except I use special equipment in order to see this phenomenon at the lesser magnitudes. Even man made dams produce this same phenomenon and it exists above them every day of the year, but it can only be seen with special equipment. Anybody stating that this phenomenon is related to CMEs from the Sun is just full of BS.

Larger earthquakes are stronger than weaker earthquakes and the phenomenon is more pronounced with the larger earthquakes, that is why the colors are available to be seen without special equipment.

This phenomenon is a type of radiation that pulses high into the sky, even above man made dams where it can be seen 24 hours a day, every day of the year above man made dams except when stronger sources overpower or cloak the weaker sources like man made dams. Furthermore, when using the proper equipment all of this can be seen through your house walls, water, hills, mountains and even metal if the pressure in the ground is strong enough; and the pressure is strong enough to be seen through metal even at the weaker of magnitudes.

What is seen is refracted piezo-radiation coming from the fault having abnormal pressure applied to it. The refracted piezo-radiation image seen in the sky directly above these faults is an exact mirror of the fault under pressure far below. It's fantastic to see and I believe that other creatures can see all of this without special equipment and use them as beacons to find their way around on planet Earth.

Like I said before, this phenomenon is not related to CMEs at all. I use this phenomenon to close in quickly on the epicenters of all sizes of earthquakes days and weeks before they strike and up to days after they strike, it saves on time and gas getting to the epicenters as stated in my videos since it's seen pulsing high in the sky directly above the epicenters and all along the fault line that is under pressure.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Anybody stating that this phenomenon is related to CMEs from the Sun is just full of BS.

I really don't have a problem when other peoples views are different to mine, but I do when I am being told my views are BS, just because you have a YouTube channel presenting your own research on something you already believe, doesn't mean it's the truth. And if your research is like your attitude I would rather avoid it.

I think there is to many factors for any of us to claim this or that is BS, we simply do not know. We can guess, we can share opinions, we can research and we can still be a million miles away from he truth. However whatever we do I think we need to be civil and mature about it.

My views are that it's a mixture of CME's and Gamma Ray Bursts.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

1st: your avatar image is of apophis, fitting

2nd: it is with some interest that you mentioned a recent solar CME - the sun has recently sparked the most intense activity since the last solar max with the 1st M class flares.

3rd: this was the same thought i applied to hurricanes like Katrina - which was preceded by massive solar flare activity. Posing the question to Kerry Emanuel of MIT (a 'tempestologist') got a response: certainly possible, it hasn't been studied (CME/flares and storm intensity).

Since the earth's internal spinning molten ferrite core generates our magnetic fiels, and since magnetic field perturbations are thought to trigger eartquakes at the most sensitive sites (tectal plate interfaces), it would make sense there is a not well defined as of yet interaction between solar flares and earthquakes.

Just don't blame HAARP or EISCAT.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

correct - the earthqake 'auroras' may be piezoelectric or from unknown interaction of earth's magnetosphere / ionosphere.

But that does not rule out a hitherto unknown effect from cme's deposition of energy into the ionosphere, nor magnetosphere, on earthquakes.

But, I sense you may be able to quickly disprove that - im not a geophysicist, just a neuroradiologist.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There are several reports of water level changes in wells. If you can find a book "When The Snakes Awake" it has a lot of really interesting information on what happened to well water levels. I think there are many indicators or impending quakes, its just the scientific community is stuck on the mantra "you can't predict an eq." Sort of like the old "the Earth is flat" thing. Keep pushing. With the internet, things are being widely reported and documented. Maybe we will put it all together here on ATS. I don't think that we will note HAARP is at fault. If they could project that sort of beam, someone would have noticed!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Its that a change up or down in water level?

"Tidal power is the only form of energy which derives directly from the relative motions of the Earth–Moon system, and to a lesser extent from the Earth–Sun system. The tidal forces produced by the Moon and Sun, in combination with Earth's rotation, are responsible for the generation of the tides.....Tidal energy is generated by the relative motion of the water which interact via gravitational forces. Periodic changes of water levels, and associated tidal currents, are due to the gravitational attraction by the Sun and Moon".

Gravitational Wave Effect on Water

See my prior posts on this thread for ideas about the same forces on land mass and the creation of earthquake lights.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So if this was caused by Solar activity, wouldn't this also disrupt satellite cummunications, GPS etc. on a massive scale? And from what i understand there was no enhanced solar activity/solar flares?
I couldn't help but thinking about HAARP again or tectonic weapons, what if this is the new strategy of enslaving countries?
The economic hitmen are not really active anymore, the military is stretched,
an earthquake followed by aid and loans(=debt=pound for flesh)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the "lights" were not as flashy northern lights like in China, they were more like thunders going down to earth. And this is explained with the answers that RussianScientist (sp?) and Phage posted here.
I'm here God damnit, it was a plain quake. I know that most of you never in your lifes have experienced a quake before and well, we're all a little paranoid about the whole HAARP thing, but no, no HAARP here. Just the damn tectonic activity
IU know that we're all a little bit paranoid here but when you live in the border of two large tectonic plates that are colliding all the time you get real quakes, it's just that. A real, old and boring one.
Stars for both said posters. Thanks for bring some truth here.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy

IU know that we're all a little bit paranoid here but when you live in the border of two large tectonic plates that are colliding all the time you get real quakes, it's just that. A real, old and boring one.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Caggy]

Yea I am not with the harp idea maybe cern but only looking for a source of extra gravitational waves.

But really with all the activity in the last few days or more even it is not unreasonable to consider that some extra gravitational conditions are aiding in plate shift. Anything that would be interfearing with rotation speed of the moon or the earth or a shift in gravitational wave interaction ect ect. Anything that would cause the earth to bulge to much or to over relax would cause plate shift just for example.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How can it be possibel for the sky to change colors during an earthquake?
Please help me to understand....

Visit this website for more earthquake details..

WWW.JUSTICEFORMAX.COM

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Yea I am not with the harp idea maybe cern but only looking for a source of extra gravitational waves.

Interesting video with Dr. Bertell - on HAARP and possibilities.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Oh dear. No aftershocks from the Sumatra earthquake.
Apparently the good doctor does not know what she is talking about. She should stick with "biometrics".

Hundreds of aftershocks have followed the Andaman-Sumatra earthquake on 26 December 2004. The magnitude 9.0 earthquake occurred where the Indo-Australian plate is being subducted under the Eurasia Plate. This subduction zone stretches from urma in the west, to West Irian Jaya in the east.

www.ga.gov.au...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

excellent hypothesis! exactly what i was asking myself after all the blubbering about nibiru's return and 2012- satellites of all types should be the 1st to go.

however - lets remember some satellites did take a mortal hit from past solar flares - mostly communications satellites. whatever military satellites go knocked out wasn't made public.

Don't forget that gps is a military system - which despite its age and need for modernization/upgrade - is a hardened system with redundancy. x - class solar flares druing the last solar max in the early 21st century (2001-2003) included the LARGEST flare on record which was over X20 maximum class (and some suspect would have been classed X30-40 if the scale went that high).

that didn't disrupt gps - at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here we've had hundreds of aftershocks. As in every other damn REAL QUAKE!
Thanks for give us some light Phage, I really respect you

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Thank you! For your first hand reports. It must be a very difficult time for you and your fellows.

Regarding the topic, did you see what another Chilean had to say about the lights?

Its important to clear out in ATS too that the colors on the sky seen during the quake were basically the streetlights going down when the power got off and reflected on the misty night on that day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I saw this video in CNN...I don't know if it was posted before but, in this video you can see changing colors in the sky during the Earthquake.

To me, that was the power grid explosions...watch it.

Chile's Earthquake video

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
yup, the images of the "lights" are just street lights jumping and transformers collapsing. I've watched the images on TV some hours ago. There wasn't any weird northern light alike in the sky, not in Santiago, neither in Maule/Bio Bio.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Since the earthquake happened at night there is no way of telling if the local clouds would have made the rainbow effect seen in China. That lady must have seen exploding transformers reflecting in the clouds just as you guys had said.

Stay safe. I've been watching the Chile earthquake updates on the USGS web site and my heart goes out to all of you in harms way. Stick close to your neighbors. Don't brave it all on your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join