It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..."

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Interseting that fema was holding exericises the same say as Chili's earthquake again like they were during 9/11?

FEMA, NOAA Run Solar Storm Worst-Case Scenario Exercise

The northern lights dance over the Knik River near Palmer, Alaska.
Enlarge Bob Martinson/AP

The northern lights dance over the Knik River near Palmer, Alaska. Activity on the surface of the sun creates this natural light show, but severe solar storms could devastate Earth's power and water utilities, and knock out communications.
The northern lights dance over the Knik River near Palmer, Alaska.
Bob Martinson/AP

The northern lights dance over the Knik River near Palmer, Alaska. Activity on the surface of the sun creates this natural light show, but severe solar storms could devastate Earth's power and water utilities, and knock out communications.
text sizeAAA
February 26, 2010

A massive solar storm could leave millions of people around the world without electricity, running water, or phone service, government officials say.

That was their conclusion after participating in a tabletop exercise that looked at what might happen today if the Earth were struck by a solar storm as intense as the huge storms that occurred in 1921 and 1859.

Solar storms happen when an eruption or explosion on the surface of the sun sends radiation or electrically charged particles toward Earth. Minor storms are common and can light up the Earth's Northern skies and interfere with radio signals.

Every few decades, though, the sun experiences a particularly large storm. These can release as much energy as 1 billion hydrogen bombs.

www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neverknwo

Those types of exercises happen frequently, and for the last several years they have been taking it more seriously as to the damage that can occur to our electrical, and electronic infraestructure due to massive CMEs.

Even Michu Kaku came up recently, in the last few months, and stated that in 2012 the Sun is most probably going to go on a rampage and could release massive CMEs that could cripple us.

People seeing lights, and the sky changing before earthquakes is a fact which has been noticed for thousands of years and this just didn't start happening because of HAARP, or FEMA....

Ancient Greek writtings as far back as 373 B.C. reported such occurrences, and I doubt FEMA, or HAARP had anything to do with those either.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
BTW, there"was" one person who was warning about the "Sun going on a rampage" but he was ridiculed, discredited, and insulted, not to mention being told his claims were preposterous" and that person is Ed Dames.

He described an event would occur in which there would be the most powerful CME that we had ever witnessed but that luckily it would not hit us, and he called it "the shot accross the bow". This happened back in 2003.(if I remember correctly)

I know a lot of people think Ed Dames and his remote viewers are "crackpots" despite the fact that most of his predictions have occurred exactly like he described, and many others were similar to what he, and his remote viewers described.

Now it is common knowledge, and even scientists are admitting to the possibility of the Sun going very soon on a rampage.

But who knows, it can go either way.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
One more thing. I just recently, in the last couple months or so, bought myself large faraday cages to store some large electrical, and electronic devices as back ups, and I have in fact several smaller faraday cages in which I have stored small electronic, and electrical devices as backups as well.

Does that prove to you that I was in on the "earthquake conspiracy"?

I don't want to be rude or anything but some people react as if "everything" is some "government conspiracy" when it is not.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I did record the Haiti data from HAARP and it was data of HAARP Induction Magnetometer Signals that went bonkers.

So I did the same thing for Chili and the data was not as intense, but their
mics are near the north pole collecting the data. I did hear noise occuring during Chili's quake but not as much on the chart. So I figured since Chili is in the southern hemisphere that HARRP wouldn't hear the electrical energy near the South Pole.

Now I checked VHF Classic Riometer online data and it showed higher Radio Blasts in sync and on cycle with Japan's Quake which I thought was a strange anomoly.

Add to the Solar X-Ray Flux dropped off the charts at the time of the quake too.. And Yesterday was a Massive Solar Eruption...

Someone might want to go check see if the HAARP Induction Magnetometer Signals that went bonkers today HUH?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by neverknwo]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
LIVE TV UFO's Anomaly : Chile Earthquake

February 27, 2010 - Viewing LIVE TV coverage, I captured some glowing anomalies in the sky in photos and videos of the aftermath coverage.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
While I agree there were likely releases of electromagnetic energy lighting up the sky, observations in urban areas must account for exploding transformers and gas lines/tanks.

Great post. Great discussion
Thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know a lot of people in here are tired of hearing about HAARP, and personally so am I. But that doesn't mean they're not behind this one. I'm just saying: If I had a fat kid in a room with a starving kid, and my cheeseburger is missing, more than likely it was the fat kid. It's possible it was the starving kid, but odds are, fat kid (HAARP is the fat kid, natural occurrence is the starving kid).

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If you listen to one of the links posted as live video of the earthquake, you can hear crackling. I still don't subscribe to HAARP.
And for you with the Faraday cage - congrats! Now, after all the power to your house has been taken down, does it matter is you protected the alarm clock? Or did you convert the entire spare room and plan to put everything including the generator in there until after it passes??

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

Not really.

The natural forces around us pack a hell of a lot more power than the HAARP transmitter.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

There is no unusual geomagnetic activity.

Hehe, mr. Phage is so cool, calm and composed. According to our science, nothing has happened, move on!

So, average no good ATS member will feel guilty, not knowing that we now can monitor "geomagnetic activity" just like we monitor weather in Florida, or even better. With 100% certainty, Phage can tell you that there was no "unusual geomagnetic activity". No Sun influence has been recorded, therefore, there hasn't been any.

So we, stupid people, should realize that this is the 21st century, and that "science" knows everything, so we better shut up.

Right, Phage? Where did you learn this technique? Who paid for the seminar?

[edit on 1-3-2010 by herbivore]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

HAARP and the Shadow Government did it.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse, you are the one that needs to wake up and start separating fact from fiction.

Every time I look out into orbit I see the Moon when it's on my side of the Earth when it's not cloudy. Our moon travels through our solar system with our planet Earth. If CMEs affected the Earth and caused Earthquakes then the Moon should suddenly be having Moon Quakes caused by CMEs also and that is not the case.

As for the Abstract, it only had one author and his Abstract is weak, weak, weak; or to put it bluntly wrong, wrong, wrong.

We only have to look at his first sentence to see that his Abstract is full of BS.

"Earthquake prediction is possible by looking into the location of active sunspots before it harbours energy towards earth."

How and why does knowing the location of an active sunspot on the Sun 8 million miles away make it possible to predict any earthquake on Earth?"

His sentence is a complete lie or he would tell us how and why.

You only have to go to "astrotometry" on YouTube and watch what a failure people can really be using this foolish idea. That poor guy is 100% wrong every day when he tries to tell where a larger earthquake is going to strike in California by using the Sun Spots and CME's as his guide to telling where earthquakes are going to strike.

Then the next few sentences of the Abstract really don't say anything important, because it is all old news.

"Earth is a restless planet the restlessness turns deadly occasionally. Of all natural hazards, earthquakes are the most feared. For centuries scientists working in seismically active regions have noted premonitory signals. Changes in thermosphere, Ionosphere, atmosphere and hydrosphere are noted before the changes in geosphere. The historical records talk of changes of the water level in wells, of strange weather, of ground-hugging fog, of unusual behaviour of animals (due to change in magnetic field of the earth) that seem to feel the approach of a major earthquake. With the advent of modern science and technology the understanding of these pre-earthquake signals has become stronger enough to develop a methodology of earthquake prediction."

Then we read the following sentence in the Abstract, and anyone going to YouTube and watching the daily report by "astrotometry" can see that the following sentence is a complete lie just by looking back at all of the past reports on that site.

"A correlation of earth directed coronal mass ejection (CME) from the active sunspots has been possible to develop as a precursor of the earthquake."

Then we read the following sentence in the Abstract and can see that the "main correct wording or word" is the very first word and it is "Occassional"; occassional does not mean that its related, it means that sometimes it occurs accidentally at the same time.

"Occasional local magnetic field and planetary indices (Kp values) changes in the lower atmosphere that is accompanied by the formation of haze and a reduction of moisture in the air."

The next sentence is worthless because its a proven fact that land surface temperatures change rapidly all the time at different areas of the globe without earthquakes being caused by surface temperatures changing.

"Large patches, often tens to hundreds of thousands of square kilometres in size, seen in night-time infrared satellite images where the land surface temperature seems to fluctuate rapidly."

The next sentence is worthless because these same perturbations happen all the time; he just forgot to put in his favorite word "occassional".

"Perturbations in the ionosphere at 90 - 120 km altitude have been observed before the occurrence of earthquakes."

The next sentence is a well known fact.

"These changes affect the transmission of radio waves and a radio black out has been observed due to CME."

The next sentence is a fact, but it relates to "all earthquakes"; therefore the CME relationship is worthless.

"Another heliophysical parameter Electron flux (Eflux) has been monitored before the occurrence of the earthquakes."

The next sentence is worthless because he forgot to put in his favorite word "occassional". If it would happen everytime, then there might be a correlation, but since it happens on an extremely low percentile it is worthless. Simply look up how many earthquakes strike the Earth everyday and you will see how worthless the following statement really is.

"More than hundreds of case studies show that before the occurrence of the earthquakes the atmospheric temperature increases and suddenly drops before the occurrence of the earthquakes."

The next sentence doesn't matter.

"These changes are being monitored by using Sun Observatory Heliospheric observatory (SOHO) satellite data."

The next sentence is a lie. Where is the aurora borealis or spark of light that everyone is supposed to see before each earthquake if they are positively correlated to CMEs? Yes, there is a change in the magnetic field, but the rest of the sentence is a lie.

"Whatever the manifestations in the environment of the atmosphere or geosphere may be, there is a positive correlation of CMEs with change in magnetic field followed by aurora borealis or sudden spark of light from the sky before an earthquake."

The next sentence is full of BS. All you have to do is go to "astrotometry" on YouTube and he has been preaching the following sentence for months or possibly a year or more and his daily prediction is zero percent correct when using what is stated in the following sentence.

"Any change in geomorphology in the pixel level, changes in groundwater level, geochemical anomalies of soils surrounding active faults and vegetation anomalies should be monitored in the mirror image position of sunspots on the earth facing side in reference to CME from the sun."

Get real folks.

If you want to know about Earthquakes, then study the signals that come from the Earth and they will tell you everything you need to know about upcoming earthquakes. Something that occassionally happens to correlate to something else does not mean that it is corrrect. Science means that it happens 100% of the time, not occassionally here and there over hundreds of years.

If you want to predict earthquakes, then follow what I state in my YouTube videos.

www.youtube.com...

What I state in the videos is 100% accurate. All magnitudes of earthquakes are detectable before they strike, but not all earthquakes can be detected before they strike simply because weaker earthquakes can be cloaked by more powerful earthquakes. But, it's the more powerful earthquakes that kill people, not the weaker ones.

All naturally occurring earthquakes follow the earthquake cycles that I mention in the videos, and these can be detected for days and weeks before the earthquakes strike. Not only that I tell you about the Chain Reaction of earthquakes. The chain reaction of earthquakes can be followed as they start from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and spread outwards. They can be tracked moving across the continents and then flowing around the Pacific Plate or Ring of Fire where they are ususally of greater magnitude and occur far more often.

Using CME's to predict earthquakes is quack stuff. Just look at "astrotometry" on YouTube and you will see how foolish an idea using CMEs is to predict earthquakes on the Earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Hi NotAgain,

Thanks for looking at my YouTube. None of it is theory, it's 100% fact. All of what I state in the 22 videos is a fact and it will never be proven to be wrong by the scientific community, I can guarantee you that.

www.youtube.com...

All magnitudes of earthquakes are extremely easy to detect before they strike, even earthquakes less than 1.0 in magnitude are detectable before they strike.

One of these days my friend, I'm sure that you will use the equipment I use and you will watch all magnitudes of earthquakes before they strike. More than likely, you and millions of other people will go to a major earthquake strike area just to experience such an event and hopefully to help those in need before and after the event and not become a burden on those people who will be in need by purchasing their nearby foods, water and supplies that they will need before and after it occurs.

The Chile 8.8 magnitude earthquake could have been seen from about 780 miles away in almost any direction before it struck, and the Haiti 7.0 magnitude earthquake could have been seen from about 600 miles away in any direction before it struck. People could have been watching these for days and weeks as their piezoseismic refracted radiation exact mirror images pulsed in the sky directly above them 24 hours a day for days and weeks. They could have seen exactly what the faults looked like, to see if they were jagged or smooth and they could have outlined the complete faults for hundreds of miles along the faults that ruptured days and weeks before they ruptured.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by neverknwo

Those types of exercises happen frequently, and for the last several years they have been taking it more seriously as to the damage that can occur to our electrical, and electronic infraestructure due to massive CMEs.

Even Michu Kaku came up recently, in the last few months, and stated that in 2012 the Sun is most probably going to go on a rampage and could release massive CMEs that could cripple us.

People seeing lights, and the sky changing before earthquakes is a fact which has been noticed for thousands of years and this just didn't start happening because of HAARP, or FEMA....

Ancient Greek writtings as far back as 373 B.C. reported such occurrences, and I doubt FEMA, or HAARP had anything to do with those either.

No... but secret alien technology very well could have... which we now have in our knowledge banks. Just remember... those guys have been around for an awfully LONG time.

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just saw on the news that this earthquake shifted the Earth's axis 3 inches, shortened the day by 1.26 microseconds. All I have to say is HOLY #ING #!

[edit on 2-3-2010 by av8r007]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Every time I look out into orbit I see the Moon when it's on my side of the Earth when it's not cloudy. Our moon travels through our solar system with our planet Earth. If CMEs affected the Earth and caused Earthquakes then the Moon should suddenly be having Moon Quakes caused by CMEs also and that is not the case.

From grade school we learn that the Earth has a magnetic core, which means further there is a molten core that the crust floats above and rotates around. This is where earthquakes happen, and from the CME explanation it is with an interaction to the magnetic field of the earth.

The Moon has NO Magnetic field (or close enough to none...) and NO molten core. There are no plates to shake, no magnetic field to mess with. The only thing that could ever possibly happen is the ENTIRE moon shaking, which could only occur if a physical mass struck it, not a magnetic energy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
I just saw on the news that this earthquake shifted the Earth's axis 3 inches, shortened the day by 1.83 microseconds. All I have to say is HOLY #ING #!

Amazing that we are even able to measure that!!!

Okay... so if it shortened the day by 1.83 microseconds... are we talking where the earthquake occurred due to shifting the earth's axis? Or are we talking the entire planet? Wouldn't that mean that it caused the earth to rotate faster?

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Pretty much. The Earthquake moved so much mass that it has changed the axis and rotation of the Earth to that degree. Apparently almost every major earthquake does this. AMAZING!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Pretty much. The Earthquake moved so much mass that it has changed the axis and rotation of the Earth to that degree. Apparently almost every major earthquake does this. AMAZING!

But did it speed up the ENTIRE Earth's rotation? Shortening the day at the epicenter... would lengthen it elsewhere. What I'm asking is if everybody's day on planet Earth has been shortened.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join