It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism : Self-Empowerment or Being an Ignorant Bully, and Suppressing Freedom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Good read S&F
Remember here on ATS we strive to deny ignorcance, you can start by denying the N-words (ignorant people).

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I think that one has a "historical racist". These were people who were kinda crude, or very upper-class. Either way they had a real economic stake in keeping the black middle-class potential down. I think this is still the "racist' most people refer to as the "redneck" or Lord "haw-haw".

The plain truth is that in the post-colonial world certain streams of Africanism developed that are also racist. In fact, the terms "Black Nazism" might be apposite at times, and all whites are believed to be the "devil".

Particularly in Africa this trope is found.

Now this is where a lot of liberals lose the plot, or the distinction: speaking truth to black power where it exists is not racist. Speaking truth on Mugabe, Nujoma or Mbeki is simply speaking truth to power and the suffering it causes. In my context that is not racism, although they will try to slander you as a "racist" in order to silence opposition.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I feel ignorant.

I dont understand what you are saying.

Do you mean to say you approach new black employees and tell them your definition of nword? And that you wont tolerate ignorance?

Sorry, I am not trying to be daft, but I am a little confused.

I cant really comment until I get a bit of clarification.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I wasn't sure that I understood either, but here is what I now understand to be the message...

Racism bad, anti-racism good, reverse racism is not anti-racism.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Racism of all creeds and colors is simply barbaric, and a product of ego and brainwashing. At the end of the day, there is only ONE race, the human race. Love the mayan saying, 'In Lak' Ech'...."I am another you.".Thanks for another great thread SKL. Blessings my brother.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Back around 1970, my family moved from a ranch in East Texas down to the "big city" of Houston, Texas, where my father worked in the steel business — he started working there in 1950 as a rigger and gradually worked his way up to supervisor over the blast furnace at a place called Armco Steel (now known as AK Steel, I believe, but no longer located in Houston).

This move delivered us from the "ignorant" backwoods to the even more ignorant industrialized east side of Houston, where we lived until my father's premature death in 1977.

See, we never used the term "niggar" when we lived in the country. Never. There was a "colored" side of town, and there was a "white" side of town, and everyone got along just fine out there in the Piney Woods. Mainly because the whites and the blacks were equally poor.

When we moved to Houston, however, that is where we kids were introduced to real, hardcore racism for the first time.

By "hardcore racism," I'm talking about the goddamned Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, who openly ran recruiting centers on Houston's east side (in the vicinity of the Ship Channel) proudly displaying KKK billboards out front. When I say "hardcore racism," I'm talking about the Houston Police Department under Chief Herman Short, who oversaw a large police force that was infiltrated by the KKK. When I talk about "hardcore racism," I'm talking about a police force that used to handcuff and beat the hell out of blacks and Mexicans and kick their asses into Buffalo Bayou to drown.

I watched this violent, hardcore racism hit its zenith in the 70s and rapidly decline by the end of that decade. HPD was overhauled (particularly after the Joe Campos Torres incident and the riot at Moody Park), and the KKK was flushed out. Their recruiting centers even disappeared.

I'm telling you right now, I haven't seen "real racism" in the USA for over 30 years. What we have in America today is petulant name-calling, not hardcore racism.

I mean, compared to the 1950s, 60s and 70s, America today is devoid of racism — if young black activists today had been alive and witnessed real racism happening right outside their doors, they'd be thanking God every day that America is where it is now.

What I see, and what I have experienced as an adult is a rise in blacks confronting non-blacks with absurd and unfounded charges of racism.

For example, I was in a convenience store a few years ago when a young black man (I reckoned about 17 years of age) came in, brought a 32 oz beer to the counter, and the Pakistani clerk asked him for his ID. The black kid said he "left his ID at home," whereupon the clerk refused to sell him the beer.

Standard procedure for any convenience store that wants to keep its alcohol permit, right?

Well... This black kid started yelling at the clerk, shouting that it was racism to refuse him his beer! The clerk remained composed, but a few other customers (including a little old woman) were obviously unnerved by this outburst. The kid was shouting louder and louder, obviously trying to pressure the clerk into selling the brew.

This black kid had the unmitigated nerve to turn around to me, poke me in the chest with his finger, and bellow, "You'd sell this white man that beer, wouldn't you??!"

Whereupon I did something he didn't expect me to do. I stepped right into his face and growled, "That's assault, you motherfekker." I looked at the clerk and said, "Call the police, this sonofabitch just assaulted me."

I didn't have to say it twice, the clerk hit his panic button behind the counter, and the kid was out the door like a shot.

I stayed around for the police to arrive, gave a statement, and the cop told me, "You did the right thing."

In another instance, a year ago in South Carolina, I was going to my rental storage unit and had pulled up to the gate where you enter your security code, right. There's a big sign there, 3 feet by 3 feet, that reads: For Security Purposes, Only One Vehicle Permitted Per Code, okay? This is to ensure that only paying customers enter the facility — they don't want 2 cars entering on one code, because that's how thieves get in to case the property.

So, I'm entering my code, and this big Cadillac pulls up behind me, right on my bumper, and he's edging forward as though he's going to run the gate with me when it opens.

Sure as hell, when the gate opened, he stayed right on my bumper and was coming in, also, so I hit my brakes just on the other side of the gate and allowed it to close behind me, blocking him out. Then I proceeded to my storage unit.

About 2 minutes later, here came this Cadillac pulling right up in front of my unit. A big black guy in a suit and tie stepped out and hustled right up into my face. Boy, he was pissed.

"What do you mean preventing me from entering?!" he wanted to know.

I calmly answered, "Can you read the sign? One car at a time through the gate."

He started railing, "You think a black man is tryin' to steal your junk, is that it? You think I'm gonna steal your junk? You're a racist!" And here he went, with his poor, oppressed black man monologue.

Man. I was about that close to losing my cool. Instead, I raised my voice above his and I said something that he didn't expect. I barked, "This is the 21st Century, time to come in off the plantation!!"

You should've SEEN this guy's face. He stammered, "Plant - Planta - PLANTATION??!!!"

I said, "You're goddamned right, PLANTATION! You wanna be treated as an equal, stop falling back on your goddamned skin color, and FOLLOW THE RULES like the rest of us!"

About this time, here came the facility's manager in his golf cart — another black man, incidentally. He wanted to know what was the trouble. The offended black guy started going off with his oppressed black man song and dance all over again, replete with "my brother" punctuating every other sentence.

The manager listened to this for a few moments, then he said, "You know, I watch everybody that comes through that gate on closed circuit. There's a big sign posted back there, and that's for your security. So, in the future, sir, please, one vehicle at a time through the gate."

Well. The infuriated black fellow jumped in his Caddy, slammed the door and rumbled away.

The manager, whom I have known for 10 years, looked at me and started laughing. "You told him to come in off the plantation? That's exactly what he needs to do!"

Seems that the guy in the Cadillac — while a paying rental customer — was a repeat offender at charging the gate, and the manager had warned him before. AND he had listened to the guy's ridiculous oppressed black man tirade before.

This guy was using racism as a weapon, just as that kid in the convenience store was using racism as a weapon. It's my firm opinion that those who use racism to further their own agendas are Racists, with a capital R.

And that goes for Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, and any other black activists who use racism as a weapon, creating fear, apprehension and division where it does not otherwise exist.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/27/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Growing up, my mom always insisted it meant "any ignorant person."

She never once applied it to any of the Vietnamese or Mexicans who often showed themselves to be ignorant or even downright stupid in our experiences. No, she reserved it for blacks. Every now and then, she would call a white person by the name; but by that time I'd learned that she wasn't calling them "ignorant" - she was calling a white person black, which in our area, was just about hte worst thing you could call a white person.

The word is a derivative of "negro" and it earned its connotation of "ignorant" in the context of "all negros are ignorant." it is most definitely a racist pejorative, even if you are using it to mean "ignorant." It's no different than saying "I got jewed" - you aren't talking about jews, you're talking about someone ripping you off - but the connotation is, of course, that Jews always rip people off.

I suspect you understand this already, but I've seen the claims of the word not being racist tossed about too often to just let it slip by without mention

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You crack me up, Doc.

So. A drunk teenage kid (with a 40 oz in hand, of course - was he wearing a dew rag and some bling? Gotta have the bling, and pants around his knees!) pokes you.. .and you demand that the clerk treat it exactly as though this punk had pulled a gun. And of course the cowardly negro runs off, and hte cop who just got pulled in from actually doing his job because you felt threatened by getting touched by a black kid, claps you on your back and commends your excellent actions.

Next we have the lazy, chip-on shoulder black guy - in a Cadillac of course, no doubt with one of those crown air-fresheners and deep bass, right? - tries to ride the white man's back. He's of course a big guy, bigger than you, right? And you respond to his brainless big-lip-flapping in a calm and reasonable manner until, oh, you tell him to come off the plantation and just get his big ol' nose a-flaring. So the manager guy - he's black to, it HAS to be black for this story to work - gets pulled into it and backs you up (Just like a good black man should, right Doc?) and then when the big gorilla - I'm sorry, the big guy gets fed up and leaves, he congratulates you on being the plucky white hero.

All this of course, coming from the white guy telling us ign'ant brown fokes what how there ain't no racism no mo!

Doc... hate to tell you, but I've seen these stories before. I've seen 'em emailed to me by my "South Shall Rise Again!" relatives. I've seen them bandied about on conservative and racist sites such as Stormfront, even. Usually it's a black guy in the story, sometimes a Muslim or a "feminist". I've seen both your stories word-for-word about Mexicans. I've seen 'em for Indians, but so far none about Asians.

And coming as they are from a fellow with a record on the topic such as yourself... Well... I'll just say I'm not buying.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
So. A drunk teenage kid (with a 40 oz in hand, of course - was he wearing a dew rag and some bling? Gotta have the bling, and pants around his knees!) pokes you.. .and you demand that the clerk treat it exactly as though this punk had pulled a gun.

Why are you crafting an alternate story out of my narrative and attributing it to me?

The fact is, the kid was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, he looked like a teenager trying to buy a 32 oz beer. This wasn't about funky Motown stereotypes, okay? It was a kid trying to buy beer. The clerk called his bluff. The KID starts with his "racist" rant — which he was using as a weapon, admit it — and the fekker turned around and poked me in the chest. You've gotta be a retard not to know that the laying on of hands is legally considered assault.

What I did, I did to chase the kid off before he escalated his "racism" rabble into something else. This kid was looking for trouble. I defused the situation.

Next we have the lazy, chip-on shoulder black guy - in a Cadillac of course, no doubt with one of those crown air-fresheners and deep bass, right? - tries to ride the white man's back. He's of course a big guy, bigger than you, right? And you respond to his brainless big-lip-flapping blah blah blah blah.....

Once again, the Fox Who Walks has managed to completely rewrite my narrative and attempts to attribute his shuckin' and jivin' racist fantasy to me.

Well, at least we know what's going on in the Fox's mind, right. It's a seething cauldron of racist stereotypes.

The facts are, the dolt was driving a Cadillac, he was trying to charge the gate, he was "big" in the sense that he was a fat man, and he was a jabbering racist parrot attempting to blame "whitey" for everything wrong in his miserable life.

He was an ass hole. And, on top of that, he was a RACIST ass hole. And other people recognized that he was a racist ass hole. Oh, and did I mention that he was black? Oh-Ho, I almost forgot to mention that he was black! (Tip-o-the-hat to Chris Matthews)

What's your problem, Fox? Are we treading on your toes, are we going to expose you as a closet racist? Is that why you're trotting out your repertoire of racist flummery and trying to dump it on me?

Hey, I say what I say. I talk the talk and walk the walk, which just infuriates those little cyber-warriors out there such as the Fox Who Walks.

MODS TAKE NOTE: No personal attacks here. Fox just enjoys trolling, and I predictably brush it aside. It's the cycle of life.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Phew, the controversial topic of Racism. Well, I have always been taught since a child by my mother, that racism only puts people in boxes hindering their ability to experience life to its fullest, meeting new people, learning other cultures, and appreciating this world of ours in its entirety. I have been exposed to all types of people from all walks of life. I have learned a lot from me, and I am pretty sure they learned a lot from me.

Racism is definitely ignorance, because most of the time people don't know why they hate or mistrust another. The vicious cycle of indoctrination begins in childhood by parents and people of authority, and is reinforced into adulthood. They continue the downward spiral with their own kids, because it was taught to them as children and they believe with every core of their being that it is correct and righteous. They think to themself, why would their parents and loved ones lie? Racists are not born, they are taught. Young children play with one another, with seemingly no regard for difference.

Racism must be confronted at any instance of it being present. It drives humanity apart, and leads to both psychological and physical terror. Who thinks they have the right to say one group, ethnicity, or religion is more righteous than the other? When in all reality, the racist and their group has the same inferior qualities as the ones they indict. It is hypocrisy at its very core, because when it boils down, we are all the same. We put our pants on one leg at a time, and are the same color on the inside. When we involve the semantics of life, that is when things get messy. We are all human and inferior. I have yet to meet a perfect person?

Racism is a self-imposed box, and I refuse to be a part of it. Live outside the box! We must learn to respect each other, and see the humanity in all of us. We have more in common than what makes us apart. Here is a good example of racism, and how insane it is. This clip comes from the 2002 Spike Lee film "25th Hour." The main character has found himself in a legal situation, and out of blind anger he indicts everyone who is not like him in a monologue as he stands before a mirror. It is really truly disturbing and has been seared in my memory since viewing the film when it came out. It is a prime example of how diabolical the practice is, as well as, highlighting the ignorance of those who adhere to the principle. I won't embed the video, but will make the link available. It is quite controversial. Viewer discretion is advised!

www.youtube.com...

Hopefully, by watching the clip, it will show just how insane racism is and how it singles out the individual who follows the practice. Sooner or later, your world will be so small that it will only be you and your reflection in the mirror as is shown with the character in the film. Very thought provoking thread, SKL! Keep up the good work!

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Doc... hate to tell you, but I've seen these stories before. I've seen 'em emailed to me by my "South Shall Rise Again!" relatives. I've seen them bandied about on conservative and racist sites such as Stormfront, even. Usually it's a black guy in the story, sometimes a Muslim or a "feminist". I've seen both your stories word-for-word about Mexicans. I've seen 'em for Indians, but so far none about Asians.

You've seen the narratives that I just posted above before? Um. You're a liar.

I haven't posted those two incidents before, I don't think. I wrote the post spontaneously, didn't refer to any outside material.

So, if you're seriously telling me that you've seen my narratives before on racist websites, I'm calling you down to provide some links, my friend.

Because, otherwise, you're a liar.

And coming as they are from a fellow with a record on the topic such as yourself... Well... I'll just say I'm not buying.

"A fellow with a record on the topic such as yourself"... Care to explain that, Foxy? What chains am I dragging? If there's one thing I am, it's totally open. So I want to know what festering little putrid lies you're attaching to my "record"

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Oh, do not worry, I've been called that by a black man, and his mother cussed him out.

All you did was tell a story to spread hate.

Look again what you said here:

That is because I have seen that particular usage of the word, as ignorant.

If you don't see anything beautiful in the word then that is your own ignorance.

Being a racist is not the same as racism.

There is obviously beauty to have the many races and being able to feel unique and not the same as everybody.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think that "racism" has been appropriated by the Global Union crusaders in their mad search for THE GREAT EVIL that will so horrify the world that it will, ironically, UNITE the human population.

We've seen this happening for long decades. The Globalists (who have been around since before the 20th Century) trotted out nuclear annihilation as the greatest threat to Humankind back in the 1950s. And, boy, that's still a good one. In the 60s and 70s they compounded the threat with overpopulation and diminishing natural resources. In the 70s, climatologists were talking about the New Ice Age — I know this because I was subscribed to a number of science publications as a teen. Then BINGO, HIV/AIDS blossomed as the Super Threat of the 80s, followed by TERRORISM in the 90s, only to be subjugated by the Manmade Global Warming Hoax in the 21st Century.

Along with all these other perils, I think the mouldering corpse of racism has been elevated, resurrected, as it were, brought back to life, but it's actually a pale and powerless ghost of the real racism that went before. What we call "racism" today is not even a threat... It's wordplay, it's fekking semantics, it's calling people down and getting them fired for using "BAD WORDS"

Ooooh, those bad, bad, bad words!

A "bad word" never shotgunned a guy to death, chopped him up with a machete and buried him in a swamp under a burning cross. Right?

Yet we're treating these WORDS — Oh, these AWFUL, TREACHEROUS, ABOMINABLE WORDS, these terrible sort of barking noises we make by expelling air across the vocal cords and tweaking them with our tongues and lips to form those sick and twisted and mutated and maggot-infested WORDS that shalt not be spaketh lest it incur the wrath of God Most Holy — like they are THREATS to society...

Words Are Not

a Threat To Society

Okay?

SOCIETY

is a THREAT

to SOCIETY

And that's the core of the matter. We're playing these games, placing quick-fix patches on every social ill. But we can't keep doing that. You know why?

Because the kids are coming out screwed UP. The RESULT is screwed up.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/27/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well I despise racism because I firmly believe that it cripples us as humans. More importantly a strong operational unity is going to be necessary if we hope to change the way that the world is going. When I refer to “operational unity” I mean the sort of unity that was seen in the American Civil rights marchers. Operational unity does not mean that we have to love everyone we work alongside that is plain naïveté. Operational unity does mean that we can work together on a given project like changing an aspect of society. It does not mean that we have to live in each other’s pockets or like the same entertainment. As a young rock climber I climbed with a bunch of guys from my university. The most experienced climber led on all the difficult climbs. I “picked up” something from him when I first turned up to the first club meeting. In those days I was one of the few black people that got to a decent science university in the UK. Anyway after a climbs the most experienced climber to me to one side and confessed that he did not like “coloureds” I kind of expected that he had that mindset. I asked well what would have happened if a got into difficulty would he have cut the rope and let me fall? He firmly shook his head and pointed out that that would have been stupid and would have led to the club being heavily investigated and censured. He also felt that he would have been a bad leader if he had allowed another to happen to anyone. That was fine by me. I prefer the in-your-face genuine comment that the white collar gossip and scheming. I considered myself to be sufficiently self empowered to cope with things on a more pragmatic level.

If a white person uses the N word in my presence I would feel annoyed simply because in the modern street parlance it is deemed a racist insult. Much as I like words and learning no amount of dictionary would convince me that is meant ignorance. I was called this word a lot as a child growing up in South London. I do consider the arguments around the N-word to be disingenuous.

T

PS. I propose that we on this thread agree not to feed the trolls who have spilled their nonsense of another recent thread if they turn up here.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Common Words Are Not

a Threat To Society

Collaborated it... fixed it... except bbcode strike-through didn't work here.

Words are what is not distinct delimiters of space.

You can wonder which word I added the striked-through.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
Common Words Are Not

a Threat To Society

Collaborated it... fixed it... except bbcode strike-through didn't work here.

Words are what is not distinct delimiters of space.

You can wonder which word I added the striked-through.

I like a post with lots of color, proper use of space, and every once in awhile a ONE-TWO punch just to wake up the kids.

Words have power, yeah, far more than the glossy airheaded public thinks. POW

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Politicians want us to hate our fellow humans just because of their skin color.

It's a control mechanism of some sort. Imagine if we all suddenly realized that we all need and want the same things. We would realize that war is self defeating and nothing good can come from it. Imagine if we had no borders and everyone was welcome everywhere without fear of being persecuted for who they are.

Of course, jackflap, it is a control mechanism, 100%.

If we as a society cannot unite outside of Governmentl controls, then we are controlled.

This is exactly why Martin Luther King Jr. was killed, to cause racial disharmony.

When people gather together peacefully and desire a change the Government will not give to it, this is a direct threat to authority, and when authority is challenged it has different ways of dealing with that threat.

All of them can be funneled down to neutralizing the threat, regardless of the tact, regardless of the reason, and regardless of how it is done.

While many magnanimous words can be thrown out by officials about supporting this change, it is highly questionable whether it is the James Earl Ray types actually commiting the events to light the powderkeg of racial disharmony and fuel more hatred among the races of society.

Divide and Conquer is something I know very much about, my entire thread, and all threads I have ever created, and or the ones I will create in the future are based upon that precept of division, order, and chaos.

I realize there are very different racial, societal, and educational elements within ATS, that those people have varying backgrounds, lifestyles, and beliefs.

The intent that I post in that is the most important element because while I know history and the Art of War and The Book of Five Rings, the Eastern mindset, I was raised in the West, and I have an even keeled balance.

I turned the Art of War into the Art of Peace in my life and once I found the balance where I understand things but I can change them, it became clear to me that I had to use this to an advantage through Yin and Yang.

I post on controversial topic, since I speak on controversial topics, because I love education, intelligence, and thinking, it is something I am constantly doing between asking questions, to reading, to encouraging books to people who I feel may like them because I see information is power.

The one and only true power that we as human can directly control of ourselves.

It is what we learn, understand, and share with others and how we interact.

A control mechanism is merely a way to keep that out of our hands.

If we as a nation and world united, without the Government, they would not know what to do, there would be panick in the halls of power.

I am not saying that Government has no place but it should be limited.

Fresh blood is needed, as in new people in power, without spilling any blood, all the time and it is not something that happens often enough because people usually cling to their beliefs that they cannot affect a change because politics are too hard, or politicians are corrupt, or even that they have no time, but what they are truly saying is that they do not want to learn how, they are frightened by those currently in power because of someone they saw in power throughout their lives, and they have not made the time to do so.

A M-16, a block of C-4, and a noose wil not change politics, except that those people currently in power will have a reason to actually point at violence and have a justification to use retalitory action to negate it.

One of the greatest campaigns of any corporation to promote peace was through song.

70's "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" Commercial

The next greatest campaign to promote peace was when musicians got together.

We Are the World - Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson

The next greatest example of promoting peace I can think of is inner harmony.

Michael W. Smith-Place In This World

Those of course are my examples and come from my lifetime experiences.

I remember all three of those songs with fond memories of how the world can seek peace, in unique and interesting ways, and we can affect a change.

Positive, negative, or influencial, our change is the one we are responsible for.

So, which will you pick, a positive change, a negative change, or no change?

My change will be one of peace, harmony, and enlightenment.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Good read S&F
Remember here on ATS we strive to deny ignorcance, you can start by denying the N-words (ignorant people).

Of course.

If we negate the negativity, we negate that influence, and thereby change it to positivity, and while a Yin and Yang, a balance, is needed, let it be one of making things in life better for each and every person, not just a few.

Deny Ignorance.

Originally posted by halfoldman

I think that one has a "historical racist". These were people who were kinda crude, or very upper-class. Either way they had a real economic stake in keeping the black middle-class potential down. I think this is still the "racist' most people refer to as the "redneck" or Lord "haw-haw".

Well, this is society, and the elite class verses the lesser class.

The plain truth is that in the post-colonial world certain streams of Africanism developed that are also racist. In fact, the terms "Black Nazism" might be apposite at times, and all whites are believed to be the "devil".

Particularly in Africa this trope is found.

Well, white, black, red, or yellow, we are all human beings, first.

Now this is where a lot of liberals lose the plot, or the distinction: speaking truth to black power where it exists is not racist. Speaking truth on Mugabe, Nujoma or Mbeki is simply speaking truth to power and the suffering it causes. In my context that is not racism, although they will try to slander you as a "racist" in order to silence opposition.

I do not support the Liberal or Conservative elements, because often both sides have an agenda, instead I support the ideas that we can change, without labels, because those are things which define us, whether we agree with those lables or not, and when we begin labeling things we force ourselves into tiny boxes on a checklist and stagnation sets in.

Republican, Democrat, white, black, those are all names and or colors, but human beings should be the first thing we think of because we are all human.

Whether all of us act like it all of the time or not is of course what is in question.

Even Bugs Bunny knows that ignorance is wrong.

Bugs Bunny in Dixie

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I feel ignorant.

I dont understand what you are saying.

Do you mean to say you approach new black employees and tell them your definition of nword? And that you wont tolerate ignorance?

Sorry, I am not trying to be daft, but I am a little confused.

I cant really comment until I get a bit of clarification.

That is exactly what I am saying, hotbakedtater, because I am a trainer.

One of my first job tasks is to help people.

I want people to know how I think when I train them because I am the most experienced trainer, my manager seems to think so, and it took me many years to understand the difference from a new employee who was hindering my efficiency, to being able to help me, and I could walk them through what they had to know to learn how to do their job.

The food service industry is one where people of different races come together.

You're not being ignorant, well I do not think so, you did not understand.

That's all.

And I never have a problem clarifying myself.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I wasn't sure that I understood either, but here is what I now understand to be the message...

Racism bad, anti-racism good, reverse racism is not anti-racism.

Yes, that is what I meant, thanks for helping.

Life is funny in how people see things because our eyes are our way of interpreting actions.

Racism is ignorant, and reverse-racism is just as ignorant, and when walking through life it is up to each and every one of us to be responsible.

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Racism of all creeds and colors is simply barbaric, and a product of ego and brainwashing. At the end of the day, there is only ONE race, the human race. Love the mayan saying, 'In Lak' Ech'...."I am another you.".Thanks for another great thread SKL. Blessings my brother.

I agree with you DimensionalDetective 100%.

Barbaric neaderthal thinking is something of the past.

When I am confronted by people like that I call them mindless barbarians.

I have never heard that Mayan saying although it sounds familiar.

Blessings and peace to you too.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You know, Doc Velocity, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

I've worked at 7-11, one of the biggest convenience store chains I know.

And the law is quite clear, 18 to buy cigarettes, 21 to buy alcohol.

I have never had someone try the race card on me when it came to either of those ages, but I would have told them the same exact thing I told everyone else of every color who was of the improper age, without I.D., no sale.

I usually tell them as a joke of sorts that I'm not going to go to jail for them.

I get the oddest looks, questions, and comments about my comment.

I clarify it for them.

If I sell to an under-aged minor and it might be an Undercover Cop, I might go to jail.

And I'm not going to go to jail to meet Bubba, because Bubba will try to make me his bitch, and I will have to make him mine, and I get laughs at that.

People do not understand the law, nor do they have respect for it, but more often than not it is because of their ignorance of it that they break it.

Well, when you have signs posted everywhere, on the front door, on the counter, on the coolers, that the legal age is 18 for cigarettes and 21 for alcohol, there really is little to no excuse, and here in Florida the law is if the person does not look at least 30 years old, ask for I.D.

A third-party sale is a felony, when it comes to minors, and I do not do that.

7-11 self-regulates to make it easier to Law Enforcement to do its job.

Sometimes, I might tease someone I know who is 40 and it shows, and ask for I.D.

It shakes up the boredom of life and makes them smile and brightens everyone's day.

Although, I have had a few people get irritated as Hell, but they get over it.

My first action when I would ring up cigarettes, prior to turning around and grabbing the pack, was to ask for I.D., if age appropriate, so as to not waste my time.

My first action when I would ring up alcohol, was to place my hand upon the alcohol, and ask for I.D., if age appropriate, that is so as to maintain control.

Many people think if I.D.'ed and they do not have it to panick and run.

Grabbing the booze is their first instinct and I let everyone know it will not happen.

I could give a damn about their alcohol thirst quenching when my job is on the line.

Come in off the plantation?

I'm going to remember that although I hope I never have to use it.

I grew up in various neighborhood and went to different schools, but when I went to a Junior High School that was in a predominantly black neighborhood, many things in my life changed, everyone of all races called it a ghetto.

I had more problems with the white kids then I did with black kids, and I'm white.

The stupidity of the clique mentality is what I'm referring to here.

I refuse to define myself by fitting into a clique and intentionally go out of my way to isolate myself from that ignorant mentality, in my opinion.

It was not the black kids pushing drugs at that Junior High School, but white kids.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

Doc Velocity, you will like the above thread, I would share the story here, but it is not the right time yet, the story about those fifteen kids who tried to kill me, can be read in that thread, it was not about racism.

It was about ignorance, yes, but I will copy and past it over here, at another time.

Violence is something I try to keep away from but when we are backed into a corner, it is sometimes something we have to resort to, and while it is the catalyst of how I became a bully-buster, I need to be elsewhere.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join