It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Congrats on your sons decision and thank him for me and my family please. 15 Seconds is short I'm sure there going person to person recapping what they were doing when it hit. God be with him....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

There has been a moritorium on EQ insurance in Mo. for over 2 years now. You cannot buy it at any price. New madras is going to go off and Mo. is in the scopes.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

The database is here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Out of curiosity with the subject I've made a couple of scripts and spreadsheets to quickly pull some statistics out of the raw data.

Of course the loss of life and property is tragic and it should never be forgotten what the cold numbers represent in those terms.

There is no possibility that HAARP has any effect on earthquakes, it does not have the capability. Educating yourself does not mean listening to rumor and speculation which is based on ignorance and fear. It means doing research to find out what HAARP actually does, how it does it, and why it does it. The problem is that those things involve complex scientific concepts which are not always easy to understand, that is where fear and ignorance come into play.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Aftershocks are continuing, although they are small so far, to the point you can only only see them in GEE at the JP.JOW station, close to the epicenter. But with a quake that large, it would not be unreasonable to expect upcoming aftershocks of 4 or greater.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Pardon me, Phage. It's obvious you are the expert on earthquakes, weather, people and the capabilities of new technologies. Not to mention your knowledge on possibilities and impossibilities, conspiracy theories and so on.

There have been tests, or a test that I'm aware of which demonstrate the possible power of HAARP. Either way, I don't want to get too off topic here.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by The Protector

The database is here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Out of curiosity with the subject I've made a couple of scripts and spreadsheets to quickly pull some statistics out of the raw data.

Of course the loss of life and property is tragic and it should never be forgotten what the cold numbers represent in those terms.

There is no possibility that HAARP has any effect on earthquakes, it does not have the capability. Educating yourself does not mean listening to rumor and speculation which is based on ignorance and fear. It means doing research to find out what HAARP actually does, how it does it, and why it does it. The problem is that those things involve complex scientific concepts which are not always easy to understand, that is where fear and ignorance come into play.

While I don't think that HAARP makes quakes I think it would be incorrect to state that there is no possibility. There may not be with what knowledge you have of it but that doesn't mean you know all its capable of.

I think that although the size is on average for the year with total quakes, I think the locations are not as average for the big quakes. Most of the larger quakes take place in areas that don't have people or large populations. What people are responding to is the likely hood of damages caused by quakes seems higher then average. I think that would be interesting to see if the total loss of life and damage is higher then average by the end of the year then years past, I would be it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Unless I provide an external quote and source, everything I post is my opinion. Actually, I find it irritating that people expect a "IMHO" disclaimer when it should be obvious. Especially in a venue such as ATS.

Yes. As populations increase and developed areas increase in number and size, it becomes more likely that there will be more damage and injury. People are funny and tend to rebuild in regions that are known to be at risk. Indonesia for example, an extremely active region with large parts of its population concentrated in cities. A large earthquake is almost guaranteed to be destructive under these circumstances. Haiti sits right on top of a major fault which can be expected to produce large earthquakes. So does Los Angeles. A single destructive earthquake in any of these (or quite a few other) known risk areas will, very likely, result in a higher than average casualty and damage count for the year. That does not indicate a trend.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by whoshotJR

Unless I provide an external quote and source, everything I post is my opinion. Actually, I find it irritating that people expect a "IMHO" disclaimer when it should be obvious. Especially in a venue such as ATS.

Yes. As populations increase and developed areas increase in number and size, it becomes more likely that there will be more damage and injury. People are funny and tend to rebuild in regions that are known to be at risk. Indonesia for example, an extremely active region with large parts of its population concentrated in cities. A large earthquake is almost guaranteed to be destructive under these circumstances. Haiti sits right on top of a major fault which can be expected to produce large earthquakes. So does Los Angeles. A single destructive earthquake in any of these (or quite a few other) known risk areas will, very likely, result in a higher than average casualty and damage count for the year. That does not indicate a trend.

that only proves the human race generaly speaking almost never learn from their mistakes when it comes to building cites.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Reas this book on HAARP you will be surprised :

Angels don't play this Haarp ADVANCES IN TESLA TECHNOLOGIE by Jeane Mannnig and Nick Begich

Download free at :

www.4shared.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just found this clip where a guy had a dream of a big quake near Japan though he is a little off on the date I think it is an interesting clip. Though I guess many will say so what he wasn't right which is somewhat true.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
One large aftershock of 5.1 already reported here:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

That's the same rough location as the big one.

And just now I am picking up another, not quite as big, guess around 3.5 or so. There seems to be continual activity there for the moment, mostly small. But something is slipping.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
so, I take it no casualties and major damage so far...japan, you the man!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Man, this is bizarre. The microquake activity has not stopped, and is starting to appear as a swarm. These quakes are occurring along a subduction zone, meaning, at least to me, that these could be a precursor to a major thrust event. That is extremely dangerous, and could cause a very large quake, like a 9+. That close to Okinawa, a major tsunami would reach their shore in mere minutes. This is not good. I am really hoping this activity subsides.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

9.0? that'd be almost as strong as the 2004 boxing day tsunami

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
this will not end. in a few days it will reach this continent. this is only the beginning, be prepare or fade. the end is here is here, for some of you at least.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The end is near...I thought it was coming about a month and a half ago. Hopefully we can live through your prophecy

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well wouldn't you know it, right before a full moon. I just had too lol.

kalender-365.de...

Once again the Magnetosphere is screwy looking.

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
this will not end. in a few days it will reach this continent. this is only the beginning, be prepare or fade. the end is here is here, for some of you at least.

Boy out of everyone on ATS with great responses we all forgot that when it comes to predicting earthquakes, we need to just turn to doadoa. Well that pretty much sums up this thread and many others. Thanks for the heads up there

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TrueAmerican:

How do you determine if they are just your normal aftershocks or developing into a swarm? And what is classified as a subduction zone? I'm still learning and from reading these boards, I know you are pretty educated in this area. Thanks in advance for your answers...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Man, this is bizarre. The microquake activity has not stopped, and is starting to appear as a swarm. These quakes are occurring along a subduction zone, meaning, at least to me, that these could be a precursor to a major thrust event. That is extremely dangerous, and could cause a very large quake, like a 9+. That close to Okinawa, a major tsunami would reach their shore in mere minutes. This is not good. I am really hoping this activity subsides.

Another one in Oklahoma City as well. I think Planet X, IE: Wormwood is getting very close because every time we get near a full moon the Magnetosphere goes nuts and boom we have a decent quake. I think like the one Psychic said, we are in the year of the quakes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join