It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wont be the last...

seems like this year will be the year for of the wall weather and earthquake...

Nibiru nearing....

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah, that one pushed into the mm/sec on a couple of stations in GEE, unfortunately I couldn't call up the stations in time to catch the entire seismogram. Still showing 800+ microns/sec though on the back parts of the seismogram, so I know the peak had to be on up there with a Mag 7.0.

While in more central Japan the building construction is more prepared for quakes of this size, I'm not so sure about the Islands. They may have suffered some damage. Either way, that is a monster quake.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
reply to post by whoshotJR

they are lucky that they get big quakes frequently

Sorry but, that just made me laugh. I would think they would be more lucky to never get quakes personally!

Well if they didn't get decent sized quakes frequently they wouldn't build for it and this 7.0 would be like big big CA quake mixed with a little bit of Haiti.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
13 miles in depth should hopefully be there saving grace, Its just "hopefully" deep enough just to give then a good shake but not damage them to much as most of there building are made for quakes,

Fingers crossed, And my thoughts are with all the people there right now,

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icecoldfm
Does anyone else agree that this feels like the earth having birth pangs and is about to give birth to a new age?

Either that or HAARP are staging an apocolypse.

What's next Yellow Stone? Or better yet christ coming out of the heavens on a UFO?

How am i supposed to go back to a normal reality knowing what i know?

They always say things happen in 3's...lets hope not hey!

Let's hope not. I don't have time to dig through all the data, but I do not think this year has been that bad at all. The only bad part is the number of 6 to 6.9 quakes has gone down a LOT recently so the bigger quakes may start popping.

We will know by mid-summer if there is a trend developing. I know a lot of predictions were made about lots of big earthquakes this year - but quite frankly that happens every year!

Relax and enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I agree, if there is a quake, it is extremely helpful to have buildings that are made to withstand a quake. However, I still can't imagine getting large quakes often in any way, shape or form would make someone lucky. It is just a very odd way to put it and sounds funny. I would think something more along the lines of, "It's a good thing their bulidings are built with quakes in mind."

It's akin to saying I'm lucky I tripped in that whole in my backyard and broke my leg because if I hadn't I could have tripped in a bigger hole and broke my neck.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, it just made me laugh. You do not need to explain it further as I did get the point, it's just a funny way to put it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree that places where earthquakes are more frequent do have a sort of advantage as they build for it and they anticipate it in their minds as well, which means less chance of people going ballistic in the time of trouble. That is not to say they are lucky or enjoy the earthquakes, just that they are better prepared.

It is troubling to see so many earthquakes this year, I don't want to start a conspiracy theory or push one on anyone, but those of you who haven't heard of HAARP should learn about it ASAP.

My best hopes are with those troubled by this recent large earthquake, wishing for minimal casualties and injuries and minimal building damage.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Yahoo is reporting on it now

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Had to be HAARP of course! See thread below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
[edit on 26-2-2010 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

So many earthquakes this year? Seems about average (exactly average)
Here are the numbers of earthquakes of 6.0+ for the first 2 months of each year:
Year Total
1973 18
1974 19
1975 13
1976 28
1977 15
1978 17
1979 20
1980 19
1981 25
1982 21
1983 20
1984 14
1985 8
1986 6
1987 17
1988 16
1989 15
1990 16
1991 25
1992 15
1993 12
1994 29
1995 33
1996 33
1997 15
1998 20
1999 18
2000 23
2001 32
2002 22
2003 15
2004 25
2005 39
2006 19
2007 24
2008 34
2009 26
2010 21

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Originally posted by berkeleygal
you are quick!!!!!!!!!

breaking news, had to turn off the itunes for it!

yooww

for once i made the first post on a large quake . .

tsumi may be in effect dont know yet but will update as i get more info.
Good job!
Congrats on the quick find.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At 10 km depth again? There goes that "default depth" theory

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by alysha.angel

Originally posted by berkeleygal
you are quick!!!!!!!!!

breaking news, had to turn off the itunes for it!

yooww

for once i made the first post on a large quake . .

tsumi may be in effect dont know yet but will update as i get more info.
Good job!
Congrats on the quick find.

thank you,

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well good and bad news with it.

"with shaking that lasted about 15 seconds, said Lt. Col. Daniel King of the U.S. Pacific Command"

Nice and quick at least.

"About 20,000 U.S. troops -- mostly Marines, along with Navy and Air Force personnel -- are stationed on eight bases on Okinawa, he said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Ha linking my thread to HAARP i do not think so but the strange thing is that's the thought that came to my mind after seeing this but no.

There was a 6.3 on the Russia China bourder on the 18th.

18-FEB-2010 01:13:17 42.56 130.84 6.3 562.5 E. RUSSIA-N.E. CHINA BORDER REG.
LINKwww.iris.edu...
FROMwww.iris.edu...

THANKYOU

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Link me please, Phage? I would very much appreciate it. What I meant by what I said was not that it was unusual, just that it's too bad there is so much destruction and I feel bad for the people involved. I said to learn about HAARP because there is a possibility that it affects the globe in a way that could cause these problems as well. Just because something is average doesn't necessarily mean it's natural. I mean, there is also a very big possibility it's natural, I'm no expert. I just want people to educate themselves on possibilities.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by The Protector

So many earthquakes this year? Seems about average (exactly average

It may be the average amount of quakes, but the size of them seems to be increasing (although I may be wrong). And even if I am wrong, for those who are not familiar with earthquakes and keeping track of them and such, this year there just has been disastrous effects (i.e. Haiti) due to earthquakes.

And because of HAARP becoming more widely known about now, people are starting to speculate.

There is no one, not even you phage, who can say that some of the earthquakes haven't been from HAARP, or underground nuke testing, or whatever else people may think is going on. The weather has been odd, at least in my area specifically this winter has been terrible and is continuing to bring lots of snow still, blizzard after blizzard.

All of these things, to the untrained eye especially, look pretty bad and are racking up in peoples brains. I don't blame anyone for wondering if something is going on... something building up... I wouldn't doubt it myself. But I guess we wont know until time passes, and well something huge and disastrous is bound to happen eventually once again so it's just a waiting game really.

Let's just hope these 6.5mag+ quakes chill out and leave everyone be for a while... and maybe the weather can relax too. Mother nature seems to be pissed about something...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

"About 20,000 U.S. troops -- mostly Marines, along with Navy and Air Force personnel -- are stationed on eight bases on Okinawa, he said.

My son is stationed there, I'll post up something when he calls...

Funny thing, my wife was all happy that he didn't go to Afghanistan since its so much safer in Okinawa. He's had 2 earthquakes in the past month since he's been there.....still better off, by far.........

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I hope everything will be fine , and my thoughts go to everyone there. The Earth is indeed acting up more often than usual. let's hope for the best even though things don't seem too pleasant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join