It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Greatest Hoax In U.S. History?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Am I missing anything

* To think that nothing could go wrong with Voyager
* To think that nothing could go wrong with Large Hadron Collider

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

What went wrong with Voyager?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
What went wrong with Voyager?

If our so-called 'best and brightest minds' couldn't even think of something to go wrong with Voyager, then they all proved they couldn't think.

They failed the Turing Test.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What are you talking about? If it's the Star Trek series, then you've got a point. If it's the two probes, well they're still flying around being probe-y. Currently Voyager 1 is currently the fastest man-made object ever.

Or, again, are you using different definitions of words to the rest of us?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

My thoughts as well..

Unless you're referring to V-ger?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Somehow he states things as if they are true without any proof.

Neither one of you mentioned anything that could go wrong with Voyager except to compare it to a already known movie.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
That they are the most wealthiest nation.

/2truths

Id agree with that one, there are different ways to define wealth.

Maybe the biggest is the self delusion that the rest of the world looks to them to lead the way, and are somehow, in need of educating by the great US.
Right, great example!

Please note, Im not anti American people, even though they do have funny accents
, just anti American Gov. imo they have more than enough to fix on American soil before they 'change the world'.

They do make the best movies though!

link   
Voyager was a series not a movie.

You can also view the actual files from the Voyager missions on the deep space network here, last issued on the 17th of Februrary. And you can continue to follow its adventures until they can no longer operate under their own power.

Why to claim anything else, well thats just preposterous.

And the LHC is no worry either. And if it is(it isn't), it is not just a jipe on the U.S. Funny as it would be.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by pazcat]

link   

What could go wrong? That an alien finds it, thinks the squishy animals singing on the golden record sound delicious, or that their digital images on the record look delicious, then come calling for dinner?

We know the two probes are doing what they should be, roughly where they should be, with no signs of concern. That is a well-established fact. If you have some doubts as to that, please tell us. As Carl Sagan said, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

So please, enlighten us to these potential issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

There are many other issues on other threads where I have 'enlightened' you, and you have failed to acknowledge in any way. There is no point.

I already passed the Turing Test (and completed the book on it). It's your turn.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Banish ignorance and enlighten me please, what is this 'turing test'?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Originally posted by davesidious

I already passed the Turing Test (and completed the book on it).

Originally posted by wayaboveitall

Banish ignorance and enlighten me please, what is this 'turing test'?

Yaaa, I'd like to know what the turing test is as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I looked it up, apparently the Turing Test is to determin a machines ability to demonstrate intelligence.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have no idea what to make of dzonatas
statement , other than, he/she is claiming to be human? Congratulations. *shrugs*

[edit on 27-2-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
*freewill without adequate knowledge

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas
reply to post by Signals

Somehow he states things as if they are true without any proof.

Neither one of you mentioned anything that could go wrong with Voyager except to compare it to a already known movie.

But you haven't mentioned anything that could go wrong with Voyager either, and you're the one claiming something could go wrong. Give us an example, at least.

Also, what do you mean by the book in relation to the Turing Test?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Religion is by far the number one scam on earth. Belief is another story but organized religion has killed more people and made more tax free money than any other for profit hoax. Selling nothing but a story it scams whole populations from craddle to grave.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That diamonds have any value other then technological.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
1. The greatest political hoax is the Federal Reserve being federal or part of the state. It is a Jewish banker cartel, a conspiracy to grab control of the US industrial machine and use it to wage war and restructure the world just as the Protocols describe. This has left many patriotic Americans impoverished and or dead.

2. The greatest religious hoax is Christianity and manifest destiny, the taking North America because "god" divined it. Millions of dead natives because Christians adopted Jewish supremacy memes. "I'm superior because I'm saved, you will convert or die savage". The lost white brother turned out to be the white Christian devil. 666decoded.blogspot.com...

3. The greatest false flag is 911. Israelis did it, not the Muslims who got the crap bombed out of them. (google "Israel did 9/11, ALL THE PROOF IN THE WORLD" ) 800poundgorilla.100webspace.net...

4. Global Warming by CO2 is the greatest environmental hoax of all time, they actually convinced nearly everyone that the trace gas C02 could warm the planet even though every scientist knew that water vapor was 95% and man made CO2 only 0.117%. globalwarmingcon.blogspot.com...

5. The greatest agriculture hoax is that hemp is dangerous, the greatest natural fiber outlawed so that Rockefeller oil and timber holdings remained profitable.

Phishna

www.blogger.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
That diamonds have any value other then technological.

You could make a case for gold too

Although it may have nutritional value?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Yaaa, I'd like to know what the turing test is as well.

Forget wikipedia, which obvious many admins have religious stance against the founder of computer science. (No brainer on how that pages read with disinformation.)

The Turing Test is to test, while blinded somehow, if person A could tell if person B or person C is alive, intelligent, and not artificial.

Being about to think is an obvious. Cleverbot uses 'wisdom of the crowd' to fool people it thinks. These other fools just mock me because they can't think of any thing new and show that they can, which obviously requires being both alive and being intelligent.

It's the search for intelligent life here on this planet, which would be the opposite of SETI that searches in outer-space.

Consider person B to be the 'group of scientist behind the LHC' and person B to be 'the group scientist behind Voyager'. You are person A, now pass the test.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by dzonatas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join