It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Greatest Hoax In U.S. History?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
?

* Cancer
* Federal Reserve fiat currency
* Religion
* Roswell
* JFK Assassination
* Man made Global Warming
* Freedom

Thoughts?

Am I missing anything

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The illusion of freedom.

Atleast for the last 100 years our government has systematically taken away personal rights.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
america pretending that they have no money whatsoever

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

Thats what i was going to say, whats that bit of paper called that Americans always look to to declare their freedom and liberty?
The declaration of something or other.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
[edit on 26-2-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

* The Attack On Pearl Harbor
* 9/11
* The Robert Kennedy Assassination
* Federal Income Tax Act
* The Assassination Of Dr. Martin Luther King

Just to add a few here . Out of all of them though , I would have to say the Biggest Hoax is 9/11 . Hopefully onday Americans will find out the ReaL Truth about that tragic event .

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have 2....

Global Warming and the 2008 Election.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That they are the most wealthiest nation.

/2truths

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The continued existence of actual Democracy. I mean, yes, we do vote, and that decides who gets the power, but there's no difference between the people who are actually permitted to win.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Project Bluebook UFO explanations?

USAF "force fit" debunks.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Am I missing anything

Um, yeah......... 9/11!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

McNamara has confessed the Gulf of Tonkin , never happened .

Vietnam war was a lie, Surprise

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The American Dream

&

Manifest Destiny

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Uhm just one huh? That's going to be pretty tough as they have told so many lies. Kind of a melon scratch er, 9/11, gulf of Ton kin, Fiat currency, More freedoms than anyone, Yadda Yadda Yadda, ext, ad nauseum.

These are all symptoms of one of these problems in my humble opinion. Our supposed freedom is the crux of the problem. Compounded by the use of patriotism against us. By I want to be very clear about this. Patriotism is not the problem per se, love of country is good. However they do use patriotism against us. The patriot act, 4 wars Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and Somalia, supposedly against terrorists, and we are told to sacrifice freedoms and liberty for our freedoms. War erodes freedom, our founding fathers tried to warn us about that, and that is why we were only supposed to have a defensive army.

However as the most free nation on earth we sure do have a lot of restrictions on our actions. No smoking in bars, no pot, and how about the no fly list. They will not tell us how we are put on said list which mean we can have a suspension of our right to travel.

Freedom in America is a fraud.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Truman's decision to procede with Hiroshima and Nagasaki even after Japan offered to surrender.
The Manhattan Project was still underway when Japan supposedly offered to surrender. But the US needed to know if the uranium bomb "Little Boy" dropped on Hiroshima, and the plutonium bomb "Fat Man" dropped on Nagasaki, would function in combat. Also, we needed the Soviets to know their effectiveness, and our willingness to use them.
It was early summer 45 when the offer to surrender occurred, and late summer 45 when the bombs were dropped...1st on August 6th, and 2nd on August 9th.

Edit to ellaborate that the hoax would be that history books and the media tell us that Japan did not surrender until after the 2nd bomb was dropped.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would have to say freedom it seems to be slowly slipping away threw our finger tips further everyday some new law some new way to control.

"The more dependent you become the weaker you are, and the weaker you are the more dependent you have become" by QTG

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Greatest Hoax in U.S. History?

The president has absolutely no power over global events, and that the strings are actually pulled by a secret banking, religious, military cabal located in Washington D.C., Vatican City, and Inner City Of London.

A Secret Organization is pulling world events.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
The American Dream

&

Manifest Destiny

What do you mean Manifest destiny? How is that a hoax, its really more of a justification or statement of human nature and our drive to step on whoever necessary in order to gain power.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Difficult to quantify between all of the one's listed so far and the one that probably snuck past most of you - contemporary medicine!

And within that, vaccinations, labelled the biggest snake oil scam of all by Natural Hygiene practitioners!

Natural Hygiene holds scientifically proven that the body is the sole source of health and curing "disease" is fundamentally just allowing and supporting the body in it's healing efforts. Health is achieved by observing the laws of nature whereas illness results from living outside the natural law. The body always attempts to reach perfect health but is often thwarted by the ingestion of toxins (anything that isn't food such as salt, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, drugs, pesticides...), eating poor quality or overprocessed food, overstimulation or inadequate rest and lack of good exercise and fresh air.

Contemporary medicine attempts to cure illness by introducing poisons into the body e.g. taking an aspirin when you have a headache or chopping out offensive material e.g. surgical removal of cancer, tonsils, appendix. Many Naturopathic practitioners e.g. homeopaths, herbalists, and such like also use a treatment mindset. The common problem here is they tend to treat symptoms instead of underlying causes.

Many doctors have realised the futility of contemporary medicine and have moved across but the problem with Natural Hygiene is that it is hard to earn a living just telling people to eat right, relax and take proper exercise. The problem with people is that many of them just want the doctor to give them a pill and make everything better so that they can go back to their unnatural habits.

I started making lifestyle changes 7 months ago and have seen significant health benefits already. I don't have any serious health problems but my level of fitness has gone way up plus an annoying hip problem just went away and I haven't exactly been strict about omitting harmful foods or relaxing or getting exercise.

For more information, please see the website of Dr Stanley Bass for starters.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
About the dropping A-bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima, when it was decided to drop the bomb they wanted to send a strong message to Russia and the world. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were POW camps. The message that was sent was that we will drop the bomb not only on the enemies citizens but our own people being held captive and do it again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join