It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Greatest Hoax In U.S. History?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
But you haven't mentioned anything that could go wrong with Voyager either, and you're the one claiming something could go wrong. Give us an example, at least.

I claimed it is a hoax to think that nothing could wrong with either.

People want me to give them an example of a hoax.

This is obvious circular argument.

A circular argument is not thinking.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Christ. I just asked you to explain your statement. You have a go at folks for allegedly stating fact without demonstrating it, and yet you do the exact same yourself, then get all antsy when called out on it!

OK, and I don't think anyone is saying nothing could go wrong with two probes set to be slingshotted around planets and eventually out of the solar system. You are not making any sense at all. Please tell us how that is a hoax, and if you manage that, how it is one of the greatest hoaxes?

You have yet to enlighten me. I tried to show you how you think it's fine to just mis-use words then get upset when people don't agree with your instantaneous new definitions, but that caused you to ignore me. Brilliant.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As the OP, I would like to officially strike "Voyager probes" off the list (What Is The Greatest Hoax In US History?)
as I see no evidence of hoaxing....

What about "The American Dream" ?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Christ. I just asked you to explain your statement. You have a go at folks for allegedly stating fact without demonstrating it, and yet you do the exact same yourself, then get all antsy when called out on it!

No need to get upset. Think of something new never known before by anybody.

OK, and I don't think anyone is saying nothing could go wrong with two probes set to be slingshotted around planets and eventually out of the solar system.

There is no evidence as proven by the LHC and their test of the "unknown of unknowns" as they define it.

You are not making any sense at all.

It makes sense, not to you.

Please tell us how that is a hoax, and if you manage that, how it is one of the greatest hoaxes?

Obviously, you didn't even think that the test is continued on even today here at ATS. My point isn't to turn ATS in one big Turing Test, yet the ramifications of the LHC and Voyager sciences have crept upon us.

You have yet to enlighten me. I tried to show you how you think it's fine to just mis-use words then get upset when people don't agree with your instantaneous new definitions, but that caused you to ignore me. Brilliant.

Enlighten yourself. Don't need to rely on somebody else to hold your hand for you. Your circular babble about mis-use of words only reveal why you lagged behind and haven't been able to enlighten yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
As the OP, I would like to officially strike "Voyager probes" off the list (What Is The Greatest Hoax In US History?)
as I see no evidence of hoaxing....

What about "The American Dream" ?

Then you ignore the critical part of what the hoax is "to think nothing could go wrong."

All the brilliant scientist in the world declare this is the "unknowns of unknowns" and somebody thinks "nothing could go wrong."

Explain how someone concluded "nothing could go wrong."

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Hoax -

A hoax is a deliberate attempt to deceive or trick an audience into believing or accepting that something is real, when the hoaxer (the person or group creating the hoax) knows it is false. In the instance of a hoax, an object or event is not what it appears or is claimed to be; for example, "snake oil", which was sold by 19th century traveling salesmen in the United States as a cure-all. A hoax differs from a magic trick in that the audience is unaware of being deceived, whereas in watching a magician perform an illusion the audience expects to be tricked.

The Voyager Program has been an extreme success....far beyond our expectations. I'm gonna ask one more time...where is the hoax here?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

A hoax is a deliberate attempt to deceive or trick an audience into believing or accepting that something is real, when the hoaxer (the person or group creating the hoax) knows it is false.

If a magician reveals all his secrets then he would not be a magician.

If a teachers reveals all the answers to a test then he would not be a teacher.

What is not understood is that someone claims "nothing could go wrong" while all the 'brilliant' LHC scientist have said otherwise that it is the "unknown of unknowns."

A scientist would never say "nothing could go wrong" if there is a consistent "unknown of unknowns."

Some people have challenged me to back up my evidence, across ATS, so it amazes me they can't back up their evidence when they say "nothing could go wrong" or "nobody says anything could go wrong" when there are scientists that say it is "unknowns of unknowns." If people can't see their error....

We have the Turing Test. No doubt the LHC is a big circular object as shown by design. We can't exclude the possibility that the name "ring" in "Turing" had anything to do with the design of the circular object. By the Turing Test, we can obviously dismiss any circular objective arguments as not thinking.

I call a HOAX on those people that claim "nothing could go wrong" and that is the point, yet this doesn't mean I claim a HOAX on the LHC or Voyager itself (as this isn't the point).

[edit on 1-3-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The greatest hoax in US History may very well be .....US History.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
That diamonds have any value other then technological.

I could fall in love with your brain girl! Diamonds are to us what beads where to the indians.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just tell me what you mean by the ramifications of Voyager. That's all I want you to tell me.

Oh, and also what are you on about with the LHC? It's not even up to full power yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

You want me to tell you something that is off-topic.

Even the OP reiterated it is off-topic.

All you have to do is think of something on-topic that is a hoax, and explain it to us.

And, do it without circular objective 'wisdom of the crowd' redundant garbage in garbage out ignorance.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You are the one claiming a hoax, then refused to tell us what it is. You are the one being off-topic. I am merely trying to get you to be on topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
You are the one claiming a hoax, then refused to tell us what it is. You are the one being off-topic. I am merely trying to get you to be on topic.

"Oh, and also what are you on about with the LHC? It's not even up to full power yet."

Had to make that my signature because I didn't want 'to make' people deny ignorance about what is off-topic.

Too many cute smileys and there surely is something going to go wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You need to become aware of the fact that you are the one arguing circularly and not making any sense!

you could end this whole weird stupid thing by suggesting one thing that could possibly go wrong with voyager. The longer you fail to, the more the rest of us suspect you're some sort of bizarre attempt to pass a turing test.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

What is not understood is that someone claims "nothing could go wrong" while all the 'brilliant' LHC scientist have said otherwise that it is the "unknown of unknowns."

A scientist would never say "nothing could go wrong" if there is a consistent "unknown of unknowns."

Wait, I think I see what's gone wrong here. You're taking "nothing could go wrong" literally, whereas it's actually being used as shorthand for "we can't think of anything that could go wrong."

We have the Turing Test. No doubt the LHC is a big circular object as shown by design. We can't exclude the possibility that the name "ring" in "Turing" had anything to do with the design of the circular object.

What. What. What the hell are you talking about, entity?

By the Turing Test, we can obviously dismiss any circular objective arguments as not thinking.

Again, that doesn't make any sense... Turing Test and circular reasoning are not actually linked.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

See, aren't you glad you asked
Really it doesn't get much better than that.

@ Signals, i think if you have cancer in your list i'm going to add AIDS to mine. And i would probably add the swine flu 'scare' as well. Mind you both of these are not just hoax's on the American public.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I'd give it up. dzonatas doesn't seem to want to have a discussion on anything.

reply to post by pazcat

There is lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of evidence for both cancer and AIDS. To say either is a hoax is, well, delusional by very definition.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No, no. I'm not saying they don't exist. I should of explained further. Now i'm not entirely sure what the OP meant by cancer so i can't comment on what he means. But with AIDS, i believe it exists, its just how it came to be is the great hoax. The whole eating a dodgy monkey thing just does not feel right to me. I believe it was man made.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You need to become aware of the fact that you are the one arguing circularly and not making any sense!

Easy to prove that there is no circular argument ever stated by me this entire ordinary life time. That would be a cheat.

Proof: We always lie.

you could end this whole weird stupid thing by suggesting one thing that could possibly go wrong with voyager.

Someone had to ask that question first. If I was the first one to ask it and you want me to end it then provide an answer.

The longer you fail to, the more the rest of us suspect you're some sort of bizarre attempt to pass a turing test.

Did that with diplomacy. Before or after is a matter of opinion.

Wait, I think I see what's gone wrong here.

There is no wait states in logic execution.

You're taking "nothing could go wrong" literally, whereas it's actually being used as shorthand for "we can't think of anything that could go wrong."

Everything word said means everything it possibly could mean. It should not be hard.

We have the Turing Test.

What. What. What the hell are you talking about, entity?

Good luck, or here is some hope for good natural selection before we define less.

Again, that doesn't make any sense... Turing Test and circular reasoning are not actually linked.

And, we haven't yet defined less and there is this thought of ignored senses.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What Is The Greatest Hoax In U.S. History?

the US Government...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join