It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment could prove The Theory of General Relativity wrong...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Experiment could prove The Theory of General Relativity wrong...

refreshingnews9.blogspot.com

According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, a moving mass should create another field, called gravitomagnetic field, besides its static gravitational field. This field has now been measured for the first time and to the scientists' astonishment, it proved to be no less than one hundred million trillion times larger than Einstein's General Relativity predicts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
suzuki-t.hp.infoseek.co.jp

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The article expands on the incredible size of the gravitomagnetic field, and the possibility of merging General Relativity with Quantum or String Theory.
It seems the experiment is implying that when an object is put into motion it will actually produce more of the field than should be feasibly possible for its mass.

Is it just me or could this potentially be the source of so many of these alternative energy devices we've heard about over the years?
Even if this is not the case the possibilities of merging multiply fields of physics is exciting, if could mean another major perceptional shift such as when Einstein first developed the General Theory of Relativity.

Hopefully if we are due for another breakthrough we won't make a weapon out of it....I know I am a dreamer.

Included with the article is the original experiment's report. Straight from the horse's mouth... as it were.

refreshingnews9.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Very nice find.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, quite interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That's also quite a low speed. Can you imagine the effect of this had it been spinning at millions of RPM. Or even higher, nearing the speed of light like in a circular particle accelerator. I believe this effect can also give rise to anti gravity.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
nice one!

ive thought for years, that alot of einstiens stuff although brilliant, is most likely wrong ...we have to remember his theorys are old and based upon outdates science, scince then their have been many more things discovered, some that obey his rules and some that doesnt..

the problem i have is that scientists use all his theorys to try and come to their own answers, which is pretty closed minded imo .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now what's going to happen?

does that mean we can finally have flying cars?

Or a hoverboard???

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow! This is could be huge if it checks out.

This would seem to coincide with what is know as torsion field physics or Hyperdimensional physics.

Apart from rewriting the physics books & revolutionizing our understanding of the universe, this could potentially open up the doors for energy applications & advanced propulsion.

I would very much like to see this from a more mainstream source than some obscure blog.

They claim to cite ESA sources, that should be fairly easy to verify...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Day by day everything we know is changing. Star and Flag, I always enjoy these threads, thank you for sharing.

On a side note, I wonder if this is related to the claim of spinning objects becoming lighter.

It is also talked about and discussed here:

www.physicsforums.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
Now what's going to happen?

does that mean we can finally have flying cars?

Or a hoverboard???

We already have both.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is great news, I liked the little tid-bit at the end about it being easier to manipulate gravity waves. Could this lead to new types of propulsion? Or could this be the answer to the dark matter/energy problem of the expanding universe model??

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Is this not proof of magnetic motors?! Proof of the mechanism and effect, I mean. People have claimed they worked, but without equations to prove it.

Very interesting, will be forwarding this to some people I know...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Information releases like this always make me ask the question, "Is this an actual scientific discovery, or is it a calculated release of previously known scientific information recovered from an alien technology?"

It just seems to me that it is unlikely that discoveries like this are isolated to one group of researchers. There are so many people on this planet who experiment with superconductors that is seems unlikely no one else had been looking at this type of experiment.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

They conducted experiments for both cases, +DC 18kv and - DC 18kv applied to electrodes of the capacitor.

The experiment should of been done +18kv to 0kv to take measurements. +18kv to -18kv seems like it might have multiplied the measuerments. There should be a neutral point mearsured of +1 0 -1. you get the negative 1 results from zero measurement of 1 and you get the positive measurement of 1. +1 to -1 you get measurement for 3 +1,0 and -1. Exponential growth by going from negative to positive and no way to know if negative voltage adds to weight and positive voltage reduces weight with out a zero point.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When I took Modern Physics, the first analogy in the first 5 pages of the text book was mathematically wrong. It was a simple analogy comparing an observer of a boat race in a current. One boat goes across the stream and the other boat goes down stream and back up. According to their relativity math, the boat that goes across the stream and back will win every time, according to most common conceptions, they should tie because the net effective of the current is zero, but according to "real" math from an engineering standpoint, the one that goes across the stream will "waste" energy in both directions in order to maintain a straight path, or it will drift and its path will be longer, either way it always loses!

So, we know from engineering and real world scenarios that the very first simple analogy is wrong. From that analogy they developed several experiments and "proved" their theory.

www.upscale.utoronto.ca...

The most common apparatus is the spinning wheel.

I believe the spinning wheel is wrong, because it doesn't account for several forces acting on the system. It is contained to the sun and the orbit of the earth and the motion of the wheel, but . . . . . what about the rotation of the earth and the motion of the sun around the galaxy and the motion of the galaxy itself? The experiment relies on some very fine and technical measurements to draw a very large conclusion, and yet it ignores the largest parameters. The speed of the earth around the sun is negligible when compared to the speed of the earth around the galaxy?

Did the experimenters take into account the exact motion of the their apparatus at the exact time of the experiment? Their reference system at 9 am is entirely different than it is at 9 pm. Their latitude and longitude on the surface of the earth will affect their measurement, so one University cannot reproduce what another University does without taking that into account. The season, the moon phase, etc..

Our scientists are all too willing to trust their advanced instruments even when the guy paddling the boat is crying out that they are wrong!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This actually tells us something about the Cern's LHC and other facilities. Either they are hiding something from us or plainly haven't noticed (which I highly doubt).

If this ring has an average radius of 4 centimeters then at 6500 RPM the average linear velocity would be about 27 m/s. This experiment shows an effect of 0.0001 G's.

Now let's look at the LHC where mass is spinning around near the speed of light being 300 000 000 m/s. If we assume linearity this should now give an effect of 1111 G's.

Is science being suppressed again? I lost count on how many times that has happened already. Just show the public boring figures and tell them "we need more money" and keep the wheel perpetuate. Perpetual motion right in front of your eyes .

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It is my belief that gravities effects/force is not fully restricted to a time continuum. As a gravity well passes through time its force is smeared rather than passed unlike matter. This means that what we measure when we measure gravity is not a single instance or moment of its force rather it is the accumulation of several time frames of its force.

This would explain a whole bunch of holes in many theories. If someone smarter than I would take this and run with it, I bet it would resolve the need for Dark Energy. Gravity that existed a moment ago is still effecting things in the now.

Hard for me to explain my vision of this.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
Information releases like this always make me ask the question, "Is this an actual scientific discovery, or is it a calculated release of previously known scientific information recovered from an alien technology?"

It just seems to me that it is unlikely that discoveries like this are isolated to one group of researchers. There are so many people on this planet who experiment with superconductors that is seems unlikely no one else had been looking at this type of experiment.

Sorry everyone that I was gone for awhile, had to be a good little schoolboy and get to class...

I had the exact same thought myself. I can almost agree that there is an information release schedule scientists on the fringe must stick to. No evidence of that, just a feeling.

I get the impression that many have seen this behavior but were either afraid to report it for fear of being labeled a "kook", or because they are encouraged to wait to release globe altering information.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

I have always had the impression that the LHC is one of those experiments we will not get the whole story on for several decades. If they are working with ideas this promising and revolutionary it would explain the massive funding, and politically influence at play within CERN.

Man I am still coming up with both questions and possibilities because of this experiment.... I am in love with science, and what a nerd I can be.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well, that explains the "Dark Matter/Dark Energy" problem...

(dusts off hands)

LOL!

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join