It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Mentally challenged' posting on Alien ATS forums

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I hate the word "Mentally Challenged", its become a Taboo the MSM use cleverly to dismiss those less fortunate than "normal" people, and a excuse to make mockery at anyone who's different.
I prefer the term "Mentally Aware", as the Sheeple all think alike, but only the ones who are unique know they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Looks like the gov. hired new people again.... trying to call us "crazy" and "delusional". Back to the ward for me lol!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I hate the word "Mentally Challenged", its become a Taboo the MSM use cleverly to dismiss those less fortunate than "normal" people, and a excuse to make mockery at anyone who's different.
I prefer the term "Mentally Aware", as the Sheeple all think alike, but only the ones who are unique know they are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9283d24b203.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdmmade
Looks like the gov. hired new people again.... trying to call us "crazy" and "delusional". Back to the ward for me lol!

Been there twice myself. I guarantee everyone it will not happen a third time.

I want the one responsible (the one you can't see) so bad I can friggin' taste it. All I have is one more move to make, and he's all mine.

Yes, I can't wait to return the favor. Not only am I doing this for me, I am also doing this for anyone that has been done this way.

Mark my word: HE IS FINISHED.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Im sure you wouldnt stop a downsyndrome person from entering a library would you?

Your discriminating against the mentally Ill and quite frankly, its pathetic.

You don't read much do you.

Originally posted by Nightvision

Growing up, one of my best friends developed the disease and often, these posts mirror the delusional nature of his disease.

If a 'downsyndrome person' walks into a library and starts taking books off the shelf and making structures out of them, then yes, I would stop him/her from entering a library.

Your reply fails on so many levels that it barely warrants a response. If anything, I am discriminating against the ATSr's who've failed at comprehending this thread. So yes, I am discriminating. Just not in the way you think.

I highly suggest watching a movie called PCU. It would do you well to watch it.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The alien talkers are part of the powers that be in some way as
the alien hey day of the 1950s movies has led to abductions and
alien sightings.
All orchestrated by a group behind the free energy saucers so
anyone can join in and work for a pay day without harm.

The brand new step beyond Roswell was in the works as the
Hills were analyzed to set up how aliens looked and performed
and along comes Walton who figured the saucer base crew wore
Hollywood wigs but had to be convinced to say otherwise by
briefings after the incident.

So now we have inspired story tellers.
They are all hiding the Tesla free energy aircraft and the proof
most assuredly can be found in a locked up library in New Mexico.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

\

lets just say your ability to investigate 'needs work'.

It would do you wise to do absorb in full the data I've presented. Otherwise, maybe u should sit on the sidelines and let those w. better comprehensive abilities sort this out.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by NightVision]

Proof positive that the only intention of the OP in the op is to exalt him or herself to a level that is above that of another. And to all those not on that self percieved level....Why.... they must be inferior!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45

Proof positive that the only intention of the OP in the op is to exalt him or herself to a level that is above that of another. And to all those not on that self percieved level....Why.... they must be inferior!

Interesting that you choose to bump a thread that's been dead since March just to flame me. No bother. I will address your statement.

My intention is not to exalt myself, to be honest. My purest, truest intention is to keep the flow of good solid information flowing. The person of interest I was referring to in the OP has been consistently disrupting ATS threads for years now without consequence. But of course, you knew that already, didn't you....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Perhaps the problem is 13 or 16 year olds that think they know a
subject and are hot to hit the text boards and bore us.
That might be it.
It happens to adults that think they know about Tesla.
Lets not try to convince too much though.
There are too many people out their with their own convictions.
I know we like to prove our point but we must let go at times.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

13 and 16 year olds?
Tesla was tesla when he was 16
By the time tesla was 16 he
has already been tesla for several years
Tesla was way smarter than you
tesla invented tesla technology
in the time of tesla
With a tesla ufo
And talked about it
over a tesla radio
tesla

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

So the purpose of the post was to draw attention to a speciffic case or cases? Why didnt you present these cases in detail and then proceed to take them apart piece by piece? Why use an insult in your title? My original thought on this remains the same.

It seems as though the only reason for the post was to call someone 'mentally challenged' , which in and of itself is exalting your superior mental status while demeaning another.

"you take my life and Ill take yours too, you fire your musket and Ill run you through..ooooooooooooooo"

sorry if I misquoted Mr. Dckinson

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I just googled 'Encyclopedia Dramatica' & as I scrolled down the page- Noticed that they have an article on the new 'ATS Conspiracy Chicks'....

I don't know if I can quote it here, I might get into trouble...
It's really bad...I wonder who is writing this crap.

Above top secret in a desperate attempt to make some money has put "girls" on their site. They will talk on and on about crap nobody cares about, kind of like real life girls.............................................................. [ HUGE SNIP].....................

Sorry, had to remove the rest...... I think it violates the T&C....

encyclopediadramatica.com...

And another...

Whispers in the Dark was by far the best troll that Above Top Secret ever encountered. He posted threads about # that already happened then hacked the forum to set the date of his post back so it looked like he was predicting these events. He went on to say that he was a high level Department of Defence fluffer and had access to all types of inside information. The last of his posts revolved around the theme that Above Top Secret was part of a CIA counter intelligence program. The community on ATS became divided on the matter and even the forum owners had to put their crack pipes down and leave their tin foil tents to respond to the matter.

Must be one really pissed off banned member! Nasty!

[edit on 21/04/10 by jinx880101]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

Psyko45.....

I’ll presume to assist with an answer here, as NightVision & I were mutually experiencing & subsequently worrying about the postings of the member which sparked this thread.

The thread was based on genuine concern.....

In fact, I was seriously considering starting such a thread, myself.

So the purpose of the post was to draw attention to a speciffic case or cases?

No.....not really.

The purpose of the thread was to attempt a predictably very difficult discussion about an extremely small number of members who we felt might be negatively impacted by:

- Being encouraged to believe in their delusions

- Being attacked for presenting their delusions

Why didnt you present these cases in detail and then proceed to take them apart piece by piece?

That would have been against ATS T&C’s, as confirmed by the mod warning edited into the opening post.

Why use an insult in your title?

I didn’t really see that as an insult.

My original thought on this remains the same.

I’ve not reviewed your previous commentary regarding this issue.

It seems as though the only reason for the post was to call someone 'mentally challenged' , which in and of itself is exalting your superior mental status while demeaning another.

No.....as I stated above, the thread was started based on genuine concern.....nothing else.

Psyko45.....

If you are genuinely interested in more info regarding the material which promoted this concern, I could offer a little more info by U2U.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So the purpose of the post was to draw attention to a speciffic case or cases?

Yes. and I did link to specific threads involving specific people, but those links got removed, as pointing out ATS members in that way is a violation of the T&C's.

Why didnt you present these cases in detail and then proceed to take them apart piece by piece?

I did link to specific threads involving specific people, but those links got removed, as pointing out ATS members in that way is a violation of the T&C's.

Why use an insult in your title?

If you had a chance to read and digest the links, I strongly speculate that your opinion would change. If someone is Mentally challenged, it's not an insult in my universe to label them mentally challenged. It's simply a fact. A person in a wheel-chair with no use of their arms and legs is called a Paraplegic. Is that term insulting to you?

Your assessment is a tempting conclusion to reach for someone who has not had a chance to fully digest the information presented.

"you take my life and Ill take yours too, you fire your musket and Ill run you through..ooooooooooooooo"

Can I play with Madness? The Prophet stared at his Crystal Ball. Can I Play with Madness? There's no vision there at all...

sorry if I misquoted Mr. Dckinson

It happens...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Answer me this....Why use any label whatsoever? I suppose it offended me because I consider myself mentally challenged. (seriously) Furthermore I didnt know there was anyone posting here that was NOT mentally challenged, until reading your post title of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I quit responding to the op because i found he was doing a splendid job of revealing himself as the one with the most challenges to overcome. I think he is probably a
secret identity and possesses multiple personalities on ATS. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If someone is Mentally challenged, it's not an insult in my universe to label them mentally challenged. It's simply a fact. A person in a wheel-chair with no use of their arms and legs is called a Paraplegic. Is that term insulting to you?

Actually, if I were indeed paraplegic and you used that term to describe me , it would probably cause me to feel put down. It would make me feel like less than the person calling it to me. I would probably have to take time and adjust to being called anything but my name. Eventually I could probably get to the point where it didnt offend me, but isnt that what domination and submission are all about? If you beat a dog long enough ....you know the rest.

But I suppose in your universe victims dont exist?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just to point out: "Mentally challenged" refers to someone with a mental retardation (Dawn syndrome etc.), not someone with mental health problems.

But yeah, as SaturnFX said, i also think that maybe 3/4 of the posts are just paranoid ramblings. I usually feel that they are the byproduct of wanting to believe and many times, bad rational thinking and the lack of proper education.

"Conspiracy theories" (I don't like that term), to me, represent the info behind the major theories. I like how Maxwell explained it: there comes a time in your life that you just KNOW that you're being lied to by the TPBT. So you start to dig into the subject, and what you'll find is the fact that you've been lied to even more.

That, to me, is a way more rational way to think than just believing what you've been told and expecting that everyone has good intentions.

So there are kooks and trolls here, no doubt. Maybe even proper disinfo spreaders. Some just want to play their psychological games (like the people who claim being aliens etc). I can't deny I'm not temped to do that sometimes, but I won't, because it's lame.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Answer me this....Why use any label whatsoever?

By your criteria, when a person breaks the law because of their illness, we should just drop the 'criminal' label because we risk hurting their feelings.

Originally posted by debris765nju
I quit responding to the op because i found he was doing a splendid job of revealing himself as the one with the most challenges to overcome. I think he is probably a
secret identity and possesses multiple personalities on ATS. Just my opinion.

I have a blurry foggy alien next to me who says that it is thee who has multiple personalities, sir. I can prove it. Just look at my vague, non-descript, photoshopped images...

But I suppose in your universe victims dont exist?

If you walk the earth, you are a victimized by something in some form or another. Whether it be the economy, bad weather, etc. The real issue is whether or not you let it dictate where you are going. If you think like a victim, you will attract victimizers. If you think like a winner, you will attract winners.

yes victims exist. If you are a victim, it is because you think like one. Perhaps that is your mental illness you speak of?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you ban everyone who doesn't have hard core proof to back up what they say.. I would think there would only be about 8 posts.. left here, and this site would be very boring.

COME ON, We luv our lil Alien Wannabe friends ^^
.·:*¨*:·. .·:*¨*:·.
::: (\,,(\ :::
*: (=' :') :*
·.. (,('')('') ..·
¯°*-:¦:-*·°¯

Give them a hug and lets move on,
Face the facts, we remove the mentally challenged from this forum
ALL YALL SKEPTICS WOULD GET SUPER BORIED!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join